PDA

View Full Version : HRC Finished Hunt test

caryalsobrook
05-09-2011, 08:08 AM
Not on subject for this forum but could not resist sharing with all of you that I now feel like I know.

Ran my two Lab sisters (1 black and 1 Choc) this weekend in their first finished tests(acutally only my 2nd and third). Saturday was uneventful, both doing a good job but not perfect but certainly good enough to pass. Sunday the land test run first. The first bird down turned out to be tough with about half the dogs either having to be handled or were picked up. My girls were perfect, stepped on all three maarks and two whisteled the blind. Only problem was that I GOT A GUNSAFETY WARNING:(:(. oNE MORE AND BOTH GIRLS WOULD BE DISQUALIFIED.

Scared to death for the water. Girls again perfect and passed again. Two passes each and what a nice weekend. Now for the last part. Today is their birthday- 2 years old today!!! Told the judges that they thanked them for their birthday present.

lkCouldn't help sharing this with people I feel to have come to know:)

caryalsobrook
05-09-2011, 08:12 AM
Not on subject for this forum but could not resist sharing with all of you that I now feel like I know.

Ran my two Lab sisters (1 black and 1 Choc) this weekend in their first finished tests(acutally only my 2nd and third). Saturday was uneventful, both doing a good job but not perfect but certainly good enough to pass. Sunday the land test run first. The first bird down turned out to be tough with about half the dogs either having to be handled or were picked up. My girls were perfect, stepped on all three maarks and two whisteled the blind. Only problem was that I GOT A GUNSAFETY WARNING:(:(. oNE MORE AND BOTH GIRLS WOULD BE DISQUALIFIED.

Scared to death for the water. Girls again perfect and passed again. Two passes each and what a nice weekend. Now for the last part. Today is their birthday- 2 years old today!!! Told the judges that they thanked them for their birthday present.

lkCouldn't help sharing this with people I feel to have come to know:)

I forgot to add one part. A friend of mine always says you have got to be smarter than the dog if you expect to train it. I'm working on that part but so far not very successful.

Ken Bora
05-09-2011, 08:28 AM
.... Today is their birthday- 2 years old today!!!

well that is gosh darn COOL!!!!!!!!!
Very Good Job, . . .
so, what did ya do? Set the gun down with the action closed?

caryalsobrook
05-09-2011, 08:31 AM
well that is gosh darn COOL!!!!!!!!!
Very Good Job, . . .
so, what did ya do? Set the gun down with the action closed?

EXACTLY coldn't get popper out of bag for the diversion. Finally did, loaded and shot, put safety on and gun on stand with breach closed. I hate that diversion refuse to take my eye off dog. they are pretty fast. Like I said I am trying to get smarter that the dogs. Haven't got there yet.

Buzz
05-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Sounds like a great weekend. I got to handle one of my dogs for the first time since before Christmas, just picked him up last week, he was in Texas for the winter. He's made progress, I haven't... I'm glad we don't have to handle a gun in my game, I have a hard enough time not hyperventilating and tipping over at the line. But they say that if you don't get nervous, it's time to find another hobby. I think it's a lot harder to handle a gun at a test than out in the field hunting, so much going on. I think it's neat that in HRC they have you handle a real gun with poppers instead of handing you a wooden toy to carry. Passing finished at 2 and still years from being in their prime!