PDA

View Full Version : AP-Gfk poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

Roger Perry
05-11-2011, 06:22 AM
WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama's approval rating has hit its highest point in two years -- 60 percent -- and more than half of Americans now say he deserves to be re-elected, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll taken after U.S. forces killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden.

In worrisome signs for Republicans, the president's standing improved not just on foreign policy but also on the economy, and independent Americans -- a key voting bloc in the November 2012 presidential election -- caused the overall uptick in support by sliding back to Obama after fleeing for much of the past two years.

Comfortable majorities of the public now call Obama a strong leader who will keep America safe. Nearly three-fourths -- 73 percent -- also now say they are confident that Obama can effectively handle terrorist threats. And he improved his standing on Afghanistan, Iraq and the United States' relationships with other countries.
Despite a sluggish recovery from the Great Recession, 52 percent of Americans now approve of Obama's stewardship of the economy, giving him his best rating on that issue since the early days of his presidency; 52 percent also now like how he's handling the nation's stubbornly high 9 percent unemployment.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/politics&id=8124409

Just thought you Tea Party people would like to hear the good news.;-)

gman0046
05-11-2011, 09:12 AM
The real news is the economy is in the toilet. Unemployment the highest since the great depression, gas prices nearing $5.00 a gallon. Keep doing what your doing Roger can lead to blindness. Your poll numbers are also strange. Todays Rasmussen Poll shows Obongolo approval rating at 48% and disapproval at 51%. Typical of all your postings.

caryalsobrook
05-11-2011, 09:37 AM
WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama's approval rating has hit its highest point in two years -- 60 percent -- and more than half of Americans now say he deserves to be re-elected, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll taken after U.S. forces killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden.

In worrisome signs for Republicans, the president's standing improved not just on foreign policy but also on the economy, and independent Americans -- a key voting bloc in the November 2012 presidential election -- caused the overall uptick in support by sliding back to Obama after fleeing for much of the past two years.

Comfortable majorities of the public now call Obama a strong leader who will keep America safe. Nearly three-fourths -- 73 percent -- also now say they are confident that Obama can effectively handle terrorist threats. And he improved his standing on Afghanistan, Iraq and the United States' relationships with other countries.
Despite a sluggish recovery from the Great Recession, 52 percent of Americans now approve of Obama's stewardship of the economy, giving him his best rating on that issue since the early days of his presidency; 52 percent also now like how he's handling the nation's stubbornly high 9 percent unemployment.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/politics&id=8124409

Just thought you Tea Party people would like to hear the good news.;-)

As my Daddy said "IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE THEN IT AIN'T". Think about it Roger:)

huntinman
05-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Rogers people must be polling Roger and his family and the presidents staff over and over to get to 60%.

Edit: Just heard that this poll of Roger's Polled 46% dems (est) 26% Reps (est) and a small number of independents.

gman0046
05-11-2011, 10:01 AM
It's wishful thinking on the part of a messiah worshipper. Obongolo's out on the campaign trail every day and the economy sinks lower. He's almost frantic with his BS speeches. I saw one on TV this morning and nobody could understand what he was talking about. Maybe its his Kenyan accent.

huntinman
05-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Yesterday, he told a blatant lie when he said the border fence was complete. What?

luvmylabs23139
05-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Yesterday, he told a blatant lie when he said the border fence was complete. What?

I did like his idea about a moat filled with alligators though. When can we start digging?:-P:-P

road kill
05-11-2011, 10:43 AM
"you got 10 kids??? You need to by a hybrid van!!"

Let them eat cake!!

RK

luvmylabs23139
05-11-2011, 10:45 AM
"you got 10 kids??? You need to by a hybrid van!!"

Let them eat cake!!

RK

Of course, first their would have to be such a vehicle!

M&K's Retrievers
05-11-2011, 11:55 AM
A Rasmussen poll of 3500 likely voters conducted May 2-5, showed 45% would vote to reelect Obama while 43% would vote for a Generic Republican. Even with his bin Laden bounce, he can barely beat an undetermined Republican.

His Rasmussen approval rating, which enjoyed brief improvement, has already started to head southward again.

Wonder what would happen if the GOP had someone worth a flip running?

Wishful thinking regards,

code3retrievers
05-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Just a small bounce. I will bet you that in 6 months he is well below 50% approval rating unless he gets serious about the deficit.

subroc
05-11-2011, 12:32 PM
and nowwwww........the rest of the story......

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/266932/latest-ap-poll-sample-skews-democrats-17-points

Uncle Bill
05-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Rogers people must be polling Roger and his family and the presidents staff over and over to get to 60%.

Edit: Just heard that this poll of Roger's Polled 46% dems (est) 26% Reps (est) and a small number of independents.

Whoa...that's like pouring water on the wicked witch of the east. Roger wants no truth. He's living in a rabbit hole, and reality is foreign to his way of thinking...if he thinks at all.

The only way the MSP continues to survive is because of the Rogers that buy into their pap. Typical sycophantic fall-on-the-sword for the messiah, and continue to keep your head in the sand. What a toad.

UB

charly_t
05-11-2011, 12:39 PM
I am always interested in what the high school kids are saying so I asked a grandaughter how the Obama rating was among her fellow students. She said it was low. Now this is just a non-formal observation. Of course OK has never been all that happy about him.

road kill
05-11-2011, 12:45 PM
I thinkRoger has nailed it!!

I think 60% approval for "The One" is probably low.
I predict it will grow to about 80% approval, maybe more!!

After all, he killed Bin Laden, Ghadaffy's son, the oil industry and the economy........and got the Nobel Peace prize!!

What's not to ADORE????

RK

Roger Perry
05-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Whoa...that's like pouring water on the wicked witch of the east. Roger wants no truth. He's living in a rabbit hole, and reality is foreign to his way of thinking...if he thinks at all.

The only way the MSP continues to survive is because of the Rogers that buy into their pap. Typical sycophantic fall-on-the-sword for the messiah, and continue to keep your head in the sand. What a toad.

UB

Again another right winger that cannot express himself without name calling.

Here is another source for the Presidents 60% approval rating. How many sources need to be provided????????????Just because you do not agree with the polls doesn't make them not true and you can deny it all you want.;-)

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/40800

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news/2011/may/11/poll-obamas-approval-rating-hits-60-ar-206502/

road kill
05-11-2011, 12:50 PM

Here is another source for the Presidents 60% approval rating. How many sources need to be provided????????????Just because you do not agree with the polls doesn't make them not true and you can deny it all you want.;-)

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news/2011/may/11/poll-obamas-approval-rating-hits-60-ar-206502/

I agree with Roger, this is just the beginning!!

The folks are ecstatic about this man.
He is the greatest of all time!!:cool:

RK

M&K's Retrievers
05-11-2011, 12:59 PM

It's the same skewed poll. Just because a bad poll is cited by several different sources doesn't make it creditable. But you already knew that, didn't you?

Did you not read my earlier post about the Rasmussen Poll? Or how about subroc's post about the poll being tilted towards Democrats and not likely voters.

Pi$$, boots, heels and instructions regards,

Roger Perry
05-11-2011, 01:09 PM
We will see the people's choice in November 2012, that is if the Republicans can come up with someone to run against Obama by then.;-)

Cody Covey
05-11-2011, 01:16 PM

Just because you link the same poll from 3 different places doesn't make them different sources. check out gallup.com shows him at 51% approval...

subroc
05-11-2011, 01:19 PM
while polls surely have their place, I don't put much stock in them. My favorites polls are clearly exit polls. Just wait untill the end of the day for the election result, that is all the polling needed on election day.

Losthwy
05-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Polls on candidates at this date are interesting but far from an accurate forecast of the coming election cycle. The 1st George Bush's numbers were huge after Desert Storm only to be defeated by Clinton is an example.

Speaking of polls a WSJ/NBC poll (March 2, 2011) indicates more than 75% do not favour major cuts in Social Security or Medicare.
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/03/02/wsjnbc-poll-hands-off-medicare-social-security/

badbullgator
05-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Breakdown of party affiliation of those who were polled.

46/29/4 Dem/Rep/Ind

Might explain a 60% approvial huh? Actually one would have to wonder why a breakdown like that would only give him a 60% approvial.

http://www.ap-gfkpoll.com/pdf/AP-GfK_Poll_May_Topline_051011_POLITICS.pdf

A little more than half way down the PDF. Right from the donkeys mouth, just in case you doubted subroc's link to a right wing page.

M&K's Retrievers
05-11-2011, 02:46 PM

46/29/4 Dem/Rep/Ind

Might explain a 60% approvial huh? Actually one would have to wonder why a breakdown like that would only give him a 60% approvial.

A little more than half way down the PDF. Right from the donkeys mouth, just in case you doubted subroc's link to a right wing page.

Darn it, Roger! Don't you just hate it when that happens?

Big print giveth, small print taketh away regards,

troy schwab
05-11-2011, 03:11 PM

46/29/4 Dem/Rep/Ind

HA...... go figure!

Eric Johnson
05-11-2011, 04:18 PM

They're all the same story, Roger. Look closely at the credits. Same authors all three places.

Eric

starjack
05-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Hes jumping the gun as normal . HAHAHAHA

Roger Perry
05-11-2011, 05:34 PM
"Obama, who made history in 2008 by becoming the first African-American to be elected president, leads possible Republican candidates by double digits.

He polls above 50 percent when compared to his closest rivals, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, according to the poll.
Obama leads Huckabee by 51 percent to 39 percent, and Romney by 51 percent to 38 percent.
The president's approval rating is at 49 percent, a 3-point increase over last month, amounting to only a modest bounce after the May 2 bin Laden operation. Other surveys have given him a slightly larger post-bin Laden boost."

This is what counts.;-)

Uncle Bill
05-11-2011, 05:41 PM

What offends me is calling me...ME...a right winger! Then has the audacity to proclaim I...I am the "name caller".

It gets back to the children's chant of, "sticks and stones etc.", Roger. I hardly ever call you a name. I do use adjectives to describe WHAT you are, but seldom WHO you are. Like, I would never refer to you as an S.O.B., I have too much respect for your mother. Nor do I select from the vernacular of that Scottish late night host on CBS, Craig Ferguson, that uses 'bastard' quite frequently...that again might reflect poorly on your parents.

But just for chits and grins, Roger, let me explore what I should be calling you. You can't have 'messiah'...that's been taken. You apparently rail at my use of the term sycophantic, although you may not know what that means, as I suspect your knowledge of the word 'toady' might be beyond your comprehension. But do look it up, because I believe it describes you with perfection.

Now, let's try to place you on a scale of 100. Let's begin by horizontally drawing a scale starting at 0 on the left, and 100 on the right. Then just for THOI, let's assign your basic run of the mill Democrat a 25...your basic Independant a 50...and your basic Republican 75. (this goes left to right, I hope you understand)

Since you have me pegged as a "right winger", ( which I wear with pride, BTW), what number should I be given...and more importantly...what number do you think you are? Careful, others will likely read and comment on your selection, so give it your best shot.

UB

Roger Perry
05-11-2011, 05:48 PM
What offends me is calling me...ME...a right winger! Then has the audacity to proclaim I...I am the "name caller".

It gets back to the children's chant of, "sticks and stones etc.", Roger. I hardly ever call you a name. I do use adjectives to describe WHAT you are, but seldom WHO you are. Like, I would never refer to you as an S.O.B., I have too much respect for your mother. Nor do I select from the vernacular of that Scottish late night host on CBS, Craig Ferguson, that uses 'bastard' quite frequently...that again might reflect poorly on your parents.

But just for chits and grins, Roger, let me explore what I should be calling you. You can't have 'messiah'...that's been taken. You apparently rail at my use of the term sycophantic, although you may not know what that means, as I suspect your knowledge of the word 'toady' might be beyond your comprehension. But do look it up, because I believe it describes you with perfection.

Now, let's try to place you on a scale of 100. Let's begin by horizontally drawing a scale starting at 0 on the left, and 100 on the right. Then just for THOI, let's assign your basic run of the mill Democrat a 25...your basic Independant a 50...and your basic Republican 75. (this goes left to right, I hope you understand)

Since you have me pegged as a "right winger", ( which I wear with pride, BTW), what number should I be given...and more importantly...what number do you think you are? Careful, others will likely read and comment on your selection, so give it your best shot.

UB

Well with you being a self proclaimed tea partier, I would give you a 98 me on the other hand being a former Republican Party member and now an Independent I would give myself a 60. ;-) I used to like what the Republican party stood for. Bush 43 was the first Republican President i did not vote for. There was something i did not like about the man and it turned out I was right. He turned out to be the worst President in U.S. history.

"VA health care cost has gone through the roof. Why do you think that is???????????? Could it be the 2 wars that your hero got us into has tripled the cost of taking care of our veterans?????????????
Health care fees for working-age military retirees would increase slightly under a defense bill unveiled Monday that drew fierce opposition from the 2.1 million-strong Veterans of Foreign Wars.
The Pentagon is reeling from health care costs that have jumped from $19 billion in 2001 to $53 billion in the latest budget request."

BHB
05-11-2011, 06:52 PM
It's a long time until the election and regardless of one poll, the "chosen one" has another year and a half to screw us... er... show us what he's really made of! By the time it's here I wouldn't be surprised if just about anyone in the Republican party could beat him!

BHB

Uncle Bill
05-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Well with you being a self proclaimed tea partier, I would give you a 98 me on the other hand being a former Republican Party member and now an Independent I would give myself a 60. ;-) I used to like what the Republican party stood for. Bush 43 was the first Republican President i did not vote for. There was something i did not like about the man and it turned out I was right. He turned out to be the worst President in U.S. history.

"VA health care cost has gone through the roof. Why do you think that is???????????? Could it be the 2 wars that your hero got us into has tripled the cost of taking care of our veterans?????????????
Health care fees for working-age military retirees would increase slightly under a defense bill unveiled Monday that drew fierce opposition from the 2.1 million-strong Veterans of Foreign Wars.
The Pentagon is reeling from health care costs that have jumped from $19 billion in 2001 to $53 billion in the latest budget request."

Can't stick to the topic eh? Everything must become a strawman for you to rail against Bush.

What are you smoking? There is no way you can possibly rate above a 50. Doesn't matter if you were a RINO at one time. (some of those don't even make a 50)

With all the class envy you display, along with your constant belittling of any conservative or Republican, as well as your sycophantic approval of every MSP story about Obama's popularity, as illustrated by your approval of the AP poll, your most recent attempt at falling on the sword.

No, Roger...you have an inflated view of who you really are. I might even put this question to another thread, so more of the POTUS RTFers will have an opportunity to give you their opinion of where you should rank.

Honestly, you have defied all I considered redeemable in you. I certainly thought you'd make an attempt at looking in the mirror and give an honest assesment of your political views. I would have been blown away had you even gone beyond a basic Democrat...but it goes to show us how derailed you socialists are.

As to my truthful evaluation of your political views, you are so adamantly leftist/liberal/socialistic bordering on fascism, you could never rate higher than a single digit. But hey!!! Obama wouldn't make it to our chart, so things are looking up for you, eh?

UB

Roger Perry
05-11-2011, 07:44 PM
If ever the Republican party takes control of Congress and the Presidency with the advent of the tea party in the next election, look for the end of the United States as we have known it. Myan Calandar regards.;-)

road kill
05-12-2011, 05:26 AM
If ever the Republican party takes control of Congress and the Presidency with the advent of the tea party in the next election, look for the end of the United States as we have known it. Myan Calandar regards.;-)

WOW!!!!

That poll was so accurate, great find Roger!!:D

RK

subroc
05-12-2011, 06:03 AM

Here I will fix this for you:

When the Democrat party took control of Congress and the Presidency, especially considering the left wing media and elites giving their radical policies a pass, in the past election they tried to destroy the United States as we have known it.

road kill
05-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Hey, Roger, have you got any more fair, unbiased polls to share with us??

I can't wait, that last one was dead nutz on!!!!!!:D

RK

caryalsobrook
05-12-2011, 08:12 AM

RK

Careful RK don't beat up on him too much or we won't be privy to all the left wing propaganda. Its nice to hear their drivel.:)

Uncle Bill
05-13-2011, 02:48 PM
What has got to be the alltime RTF joke of the millenium, is Roger giving himself a rating of 60, on my suggested left-to-right scale.

I would be interested to find out if any RTF POTUS posters would go along with that self assessment? If so, then I seriously doubt we conservatives stand a chance of returning our country to what the founders had envisioned. If Roger is right of center, than Heaven help the USA, for we are indeed doomed.

UB

Roger Perry
05-13-2011, 03:21 PM

RK

I saw the results of the poll on GMA and did a google search and posted the results I found. Sorry if they do not coincide with your right wing wacko brain.;-)

gman0046
05-13-2011, 06:25 PM
The man is totally deranged. More and more people on RTF are aware of his mental derangement. He doesn't care that he's the site's laughing stock. He just keeps posting insane ramblings. I honestly feel sorry for the guy. He's obviously a very sick individual.
He's got a Man Crush for Obongolo.

Losthwy
05-13-2011, 06:51 PM
He's got a Man Crush for Obongolo.

Another "Man Crush/Obongolo" post. Hey! That woke up the back pews. Wake me when the plate comes around.

Steve Hester
05-13-2011, 08:34 PM
That just proves 60% of the country is stupid.

M&K's Retrievers
05-15-2011, 09:07 AM
According to Gallop today, 48% approve of Obama and 45% disapprove. A far cry from 60%.

M&K's Retrievers
05-16-2011, 01:38 PM
According to Gallop today, 48% approve of Obama and 45% disapprove. A far cry from 60%.

Hey, Roger! The above quote was yesterday. Today (5/16/11), Gallop has Obama dropping another 2% - 46% approve and 44% disapprove.

I thought the nickname "Roger the Dodger" was reserved for Roger Staubach but I guess old RP can use it too.

BonMallari
05-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Hey, Roger! The above quote was yesterday. Today (5/16/11), Gallop has Obama dropping another 2% - 46% approve and 44% disapprove.

I thought the nickname "Roger the Dodger" was reserved for Roger Staubach but I guess old RP can use it too.

dont you dare use my favorite QB in the same sentence as RP...remember Staubach's famous quote to the beautiful Phyliss George " I love sex as much as Joe Namath, I just enjoy it with one woman, my wife"

huntinman
05-16-2011, 02:52 PM
It's Roger the Lurker now...;-)

road kill
05-16-2011, 02:56 PM
It's Roger the Lurker now...;-)
He has no posts to read, we are all on ignore!

RK

M&K's Retrievers
05-16-2011, 03:43 PM
dont you dare use my favorite QB in the same sentence as RP...remember Staubach's famous quote to the beautiful Phyliss George " I love sex as much as Joe Namath, I just enjoy it with one woman, my wife"

What was I thinking??;)