PDA

View Full Version : burning flags

subroc
05-12-2011, 07:14 AM
Burning a flag. It may be legal, it may be constitutional, but I am not sure it is right. It looks like students at LSU took a position on this and at least on this day, such foolishness will not be allowed.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/flag-burning-lsu-campus-20110511-ncx

Raymond Little
05-12-2011, 07:36 AM
Mr Haas would be wise to start eating healthy since it will help in his recuperation.

road kill
05-12-2011, 08:46 AM
If someone ever tries to burn a flag in front of me, and you are there, please call a policeman and an ambulance.

Because 1 of us is going to the hospital and 1 of us is going to jail.

If you think I am full of BS, why don't you try it?
To me, there are some things worth fighting for.

RK

Jason Glavich
05-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Not that I agree with why he was burning the flag, but have any of you been to the events where the local VFW or AMVets do the flag burning to destroy old flags? I have been to one before turning in an old flag that I needed to get rid of, but would never throw away.

I know it is not the same thing but the end result is the same. I know he was doing it to make a statement, but it does happen quite often for good reasons as well.

Burning a flag has different meanings depending on the burners motivation.

These clubs will help you find a place to burn your flag, maybe he should have talked to them.

VFW @ vfw.org
American Legion @ legion.org
Boy Scouts of America @ scouting.org
Girl Scouts of America @ girlscouts.org
Marine Corps League @ mcleague.com

DSO
05-12-2011, 09:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44M_knML7rQ&feature=share

Here is the video link. Tuff spot for the cops to be in. That was a real powder keg. I'm glad no one got hurt and no one got arrested. It must have sucked to be hit by the garbage meant for Mr.1st amendment rights. I thought the fight was on when the soldier in the crowd started yelling "My brothers died for you!" Cooler heads thank God. Good for the LSU students. Freedom of speech works both ways ;-).

Danny

caryalsobrook
05-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Burning a flag. It may be legal, it may be constitutional, but I am not sure it is right. It looks like students at LSU took a position on this and at least on this day, such foolishness will not be allowed.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/flag-burning-lsu-campus-20110511-ncx

I saw where it said he was a graduate sutdent in communications. Wonder if he is a future reporter of the Mainstream media?? Just wondering:)

Raymond Little
05-12-2011, 11:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44M_knML7rQ&feature=share

Here is the video link. Tuff spot for the cops to be in. That was a real powder keg. I'm glad no one got hurt and no one got arrested. It must have sucked to be hit by the garbage meant for Mr.1st amendment rights. I thought the fight was on when the soldier in the crowd started yelling "My brothers died for you!" Cooler heads thank God. Good for the LSU students. Freedom of speech works both ways ;-).

Danny
Yep, because some of them had liquids other than H2O;)

subroc
05-12-2011, 12:13 PM
I have got to say, after watching this video, America and her institutions of higher learning is not lost to the left wing radical, I hate the United States of America types that populate such august institution like Berkley, Columbia and Harvard. There are those that are willing to sanction those that do not respect the United States and the symbols that represent her.

Well done students of LSU.

caryalsobrook
05-12-2011, 12:48 PM
I have got to say, after watching this video, America and her institutions of higher learning is not lost to the left wing radical, I hate the United States of America types that populate such august institution like Berkley, Columbia and Harvard. There are those that are willing to sanction those that do not respect the United States and the symbols that represent her.

Well done students of LSU.

Aw that was just them redneck crackers MSNBC talks about all the time>

subroc
05-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Aw that was just them redneck crackers MSNBC talks about all the time>

yeh, didn't Chris Matthews say one time that he didn't understand middle America and his network needed to send a foreign correspondent?

1bdlmn
05-12-2011, 04:52 PM
So this jackass was protesting because his friend got caught and arrested for stealing a flag from the war memorial? Always thought stealing was an arrestable offense. What a waste of LE time and money.

bobbyb
05-12-2011, 05:07 PM
If someone ever tries to burn a flag in front of me, and you are there, please call a policeman and an ambulance.

Because 1 of us is going to the hospital and 1 of us is going to jail.

If you think I am full of BS, why don't you try it?
To me, there are some things worth fighting for.

RK

Me Too !!!
Baseball bat regards !

Bobby Bordelon
Cajun swamp person

charly_t
05-12-2011, 06:03 PM
So this jackass was protesting because his friend got caught and arrested for stealing a flag from the war memorial? Always thought stealing was an arrestable offense. What a waste of LE time and money.

Clap, clap, clap ! I don't know what we are teaching some of these people but I hope what his teachers and parents did not manage to teach him that the crowd did.