PDA

View Full Version : Pikes Peak Retriever Club FT **Closes Early - Monday July 11, 2011**

FOM
05-15-2011, 12:14 PM
PPRC has grounds for it's annual FT and we are a go, however EVERYONE needs to come prepared to pitch in, our club is active membership poor, the cost of the grounds has doubled and we expect to struggle to find bird boy help - both dead birds and live gunners.

The FT will be held at Whistling Elk Ranch located in Rand, CO. Dry camping will be available, limited lodging available on the trial grounds (will have more info at a later date).

Should have premium and such updated soon.

A special thanks goes out to to Joseph McCann for helping facilitate the use of Whistling Elk Ranch.

Lainee
FTC PPRC

FOM
05-16-2011, 10:26 AM
Premium is updated as best I can on EE - still need to post a map, note our closing is earlier than in the past due to taking a hit after ineligible dogs were entered last year and we had to verify by hand every entry, which in turned delayed getting the running order finalized, catalogs printed late and the club taking a rather large hit in fees from EE.

We aren't having a special this year as it didn't lower our numbers any, but still please make sure your dog is eligible to run a Restricted prior to entering - NO refunds will be given for ineligible dogs entered unless covered by the AKC refund rules. Sorry no more being "Mr. Nice Guy"

Lainee

FOM
05-23-2011, 11:59 AM
The Open is going to be a LIMITED this year, disregard previous post.

The address for the trial grounds is:

Whistling Elk Ranch, 4164 Jackson County Road 27, Rand, CO 80473

Thanks to Swede A. for volunteering to be the FTC so I could play the role of FTS.

Thanks to Barry C. and Wayne J. for helping me find bird boys for the trial, now all we need are live gunners and the approval from AKC....

Lainee

joeharris
05-23-2011, 01:14 PM
Lainee,

You know you can count on me to shoot any time.

Joe

FOM
05-25-2011, 09:16 AM
Now open for entries!

https://www.entryexpress.net/loggedin/viewevent.aspx?eid=4382

Old School Labs
05-25-2011, 07:20 PM
You know that if I am there, I will help out where you need me.

EdA
05-25-2011, 07:51 PM
I will throw, shoot, plant blinds, Marshall, entertain, or tend bar....

Barry
05-25-2011, 08:46 PM
I will throw, shoot, plant blinds, Marshall, entertain, or tend bar....

I'm up for asst. bartender.

FOM
06-01-2011, 10:30 AM
When you enter the ranch, please do NOT drive over 20 mph on ranch roads and do NOT drive more than 15 mph past any buildings or houses! Due to the current layout of the roads, we may have to drive past the owners house, so please be respectful and mindful of this, he does have young children. These are new grounds and we are trying to establish a long term relationship with the land owner and ranch manager. There are also horses and working dogs on the ranch, so please be mindful of their presence.

Dry camping space is going to be very tight and limited. There is a designated area for camping, so please follow the signs and camp in the designated area.

We will also have a designated area for the Pros to air their dogs, due to the limited trail grounds. There is enough airing areas for the Pros to safely and comfortably air their dogs.

There are 3 cabins available of the trial grounds. They are $145 a night for 4 people ($110 for 2):
1 has 2 rooms with 2 single beds each (4 people)
2 have 2 rooms with queen bed in one room and two single beds in the other (4 people)If you don't mind sharing a room with a few friends, it is actually a pretty good deal and you are right on the trial grounds.

If you are interested in a cabin, please send me an email at lkshinsato@earthlink.net and I will provide you with further information for reserving a cabin.

A map and directions have been updated on our premium via EE.

joeharris
06-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Lainee,

Since camping space is limited are you taking reservations or is it first come first serve? Is there any campgrounds close by you can recommend?

FOM
06-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Just a reminder for those wanting to reserve a cabin, please call Whistling elk directly at 970-723-3284.

There is also a KOA in Gould which is about 12 miles from the trial grounds. Plus plenty of camping in the National forest if you don't mind a little longer of a drive.

Lainee

FOM
07-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Just a reminder that PPRC closes earlier than normal this year - closing on Monday July 11, 2011 instead of Wednesday!

Lainee

Joe Brakke
07-10-2011, 08:36 PM
camping areas near Gould, CO 80480, Gould is 8.3 miles east from rand
Walden is 18 miles north of Rand

KOA Kampgrounds

53337 Colorado 14, Walden, CO
(970) 723-4310 ‎ koa.com

Ranger Lakes Campground

Hwy 14 Gould, CO

Middle Fork Campground

Hwy 14 Gould, CO

Round Up Motel LLC

365 Main Street, Walden, CO
(970) 723-4680 ‎

Aspen Campground

Hwy 14 Gould, CO

Teller City Campground

Hwy 14 Gould, CO

Pines Campground

Hwy 14 Gould, CO

FOM
07-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Thanks Joe!

Losthwy
07-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Any info on camping on the ranch?

FOM
07-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Yeah, show up and camp - we will try and have signs out as to where the camping area is....

Lainee

Losthwy
07-13-2011, 07:29 AM
Sounds good, thanks.

JusticeDog
07-19-2011, 10:40 PM
Right now, the weather prediction in Rand, CO is mid-70s during the day, and mid-40s at night! Perfect dog weather! :D

Losthwy
07-20-2011, 06:10 AM
Right now, the weather prediction in Rand, CO is mid-70s during the day, and mid-40s at night! Perfect dog weather! :D
Friday is going to be all the way up to 76F for a high. Good week to get out of Denver which has been is in the mid and upper 90s all week. I do love the mountains in summer. A client of mine has a cabin in Rand and I'll be staying up there working and attending the trial. Two years ago, while working up there, I saw several moose on the property.