PDA

View Full Version : Professional Retriever Trainers Association 2011 June Twin Bridges, MT

Jim Pickering
05-24-2011, 08:59 PM
To satisfy my curiosity I looked to check the proximity of the PRTA trial to the National Amateur. So I checked the premium to get the exact location and there is zip for information. Just curious as to how a trial gets approved with absolutely no information provided in the Premium?

https://www.entryexpress.net/LoggedIn/Premiums/ViewPremium.aspx?eid=4682

jeff t.
05-25-2011, 08:17 AM
To satisfy my curiosity I looked to check the proximity of the PRTA trial to the National Amateur. So I checked the premium to get the exact location and there is zip for information. Just curious as to how a trial gets approved with absolutely no information provided in the Premium?

https://www.entryexpress.net/LoggedIn/Premiums/ViewPremium.aspx?eid=4682

AKC approval is based on info provided to AKC

Here (http://www.akc.org/events/search/index_results.cfm?action=plan&event_number=2011420003&cde_comp_group=FT%20%20&cde_comp_type=&NEW_END_DATE1=&key_stkhldr_event=&mixed_breed=N) is a link to the trial info on the AKC website

FOM
05-25-2011, 08:47 AM
Jim,

I agree with Jim. Having to go through the hoops right now, if they opened the event then they should of sent two copies of the premium to the AKC, which in turn would raise red flags...

FOM

jeff t.
05-25-2011, 08:56 AM
Jim,

I agree with Jim. Having to go through the hoops right now, if they opened the event then they should of sent two copies of the premium to the AKC, which in turn would raise red flags...

FOM

A phone call or email to AKC re the premium list might have an impact.

FOM
05-25-2011, 09:20 AM
A phone call or email to AKC re the premium list might have an impact.

Yes it would, but not my club and not a battle I want champion...but I do agree with Jim that the process for opening the trial open for entries is not being followed and as someone who just got FTS duties dropped in my lap last week, I can totally understand how the event was opened via EE but not everything approved yet through the AKC...

Thankful Connie at the AKC Events Department walked me through the steps I needed to take! :D And PPRC is now open for entries....

So after going through what I just did, I'm not going to throw PRTA's FTS under the bus. They will get it straightened out I'm sure.

FOM

jeff t.
05-25-2011, 09:30 AM
I can totally understand how the event was opened via EE but not everything approved yet through the AKC...

The event has been approved by AKC. To the best of my knowledge AKC requires a copy of the premium but there is no step in the process for AKC approval of the premium.

I agree that Connie Thomas is terrific.

FOM
05-25-2011, 09:47 AM
The event has been approved by AKC. To the best of my knowledge AKC requires a copy of the premium but there is no step in the process for AKC approval of the premium.

I agree that Connie Thomas is terrific.

As far as I can tell you are correct, but they will eventually have to send her a copy of the premium....oh well, good luck to those running the event, hopefully they will get the premium on EE updated.

FOM