PDA

View Full Version : Petmate le Bistro

Thomas D
06-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Anyone use one of these? Anything better out there?

http://www.petmate.com/le-bistro-waterer-3

dcbeattie
06-03-2011, 01:12 PM
I have one like that and it works fine... Mine is on an enclosed back porch and if it gets to about 20 below you may have an ice problem.. ;) I also had one that used two 2 liter bottles.

J. Walker
06-03-2011, 02:41 PM
I use one of the big ones and it works fine. I used to have something similar that I actually preferred. It was also a gravity-fed bowl but it held two 2-liter bottles. It was great for summer as I could put the bottles in the freezer the night before so they would provide cold water for most of even the hottest days. In the Le Bistro, I fill the reservoir bowl with ice and that helps but it's not as good as the other design.

WindyCreek
06-03-2011, 02:45 PM
I have used the 5 gallon size for over 10 years. My first one lasted about six years and the bottle developed a small crack. I was so happy with it when it had to be replaced I immediately bought another one. I have three Labs and in the summer I have to refill it every 3rd day or so. It also eliminates the dogs flipping the bowl when it is near empty. You will be happy with it if you buy it.

FOM
06-03-2011, 02:58 PM
We use them also, have had them for only God knows how long. We have had to replace the water jug, but you can go to Home Depot or Walmart and buy one of the refillable water bottles for less than $10 and they seem to be made of a heavier duty plastic. Of course if you have a neighbor that gets the bottled water delivered and it's a windy day you just might find one rolling down the street for free. ;)

Jason Davenport
06-03-2011, 03:05 PM
I have had mine for some time and love it. It holds 3 gallons. Sure beats filling up the water bowl several time a day.

Jim Danis
06-03-2011, 03:05 PM
I've been using one for about 7 years now. Works great.