View Full Version : (VA) - Hunt Test Judges Seminar

Zman1001
06-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Tidewater Retriever Club presents

AKC HUNT TEST RETRIEVER SEMINAR FOR JUDGES AND HANDLERS

SATURDAY, JULY 30, 2011

NEW KENT FORESTRY CENTER

PROVIDENCE FORGE, VA

THE PROGRAM WILL BE PRESENTED BY AKC PERFORMANCE EVENT STAFF AND UTILIZE MULTIMEDIA DEMONSTRATIONS, LECTURE AND GROUP DISCUSSIONS.

SUBJECTS COVERED:

*The purpose of Hunting Tests

*Performance Standard for Junior, Senior and Master

* Hunt Test Scoring

*Guidelines for Judges of Hunt /tests

*How to apply and conduct a Hunting Test

*The responsibility of key personnel involved

*Gun Safety

*How to handle misconduct

Schedule: Registration 8:00 - 8:30 AM

Classroom 8:30 - 12 Noon

Lunch 12 Noon - 1:00 PM

Classroom 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM

__________________________________________________ _________________

REGISTRATION DETAILS AND FEE: REGISTRATION IS $45.00 FOR MEMBERS AND $50.00 FOR NON-MEMBERS. (This is no increase from seminar we had in 2008.) Seminar price includes lite breakfast and lunch. Very nice, and new lodging is available at the New Kent Forestry Center @ $ 65.00 per night. Google New Kent Forestry Center for details of their Nature Trails, etc. Please call me in advance if you are interested in lodging. Although your Retrievers will not be a part of the Seminar, if you have to bring them along, there are many shade areas for parking.

The current AKC rule is: If you have already attended 2 Seminars, you must take a separate written test. If you are in this category, contact Tonya Romano , tbr@akc.org, to have her send you the test. You are still welcome to attend the seminar to hear the latest from Jerry Mann from AKC Performance Events.

Please mail me your check and the number attending (see below) by 6-30-2011. AKC requires 20 attendees to schedule seminar - so I need to hear from you as soon as possible.

Linda M. Downey, Secretary H 804 794-8212 C - 804 837-9308

Tidewater Retriever Club

300 County Line Road linda.tidewater@hotmail.com

Midlothian, VA 23112

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________

NAMES OF THOSE ATTENDING:________________________________________ __________________________________________

PHONES:_____________________E-MAIL______________________________________________ __________________________

AMOUNT ENCLOSED:_________________________________________ _________________________________________________

Zman1001
06-20-2011, 09:27 AM
BUMP. We need 20. We currently have 17. Only three more to make sure this is not the 3rd or 4th seminar to be cancelled in the Mid-Atlantic.

Thanks

j towne
06-20-2011, 09:31 AM
I am going to try and make it but I will be a late entry.

Zman1001
06-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Bump. IF you plan on attending, please contact Linda Downey to RSVP.
Thanks
Doug

Zman1001
07-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Bump. IF you plan on attending, please contact Linda Downey to RSVP.
Thanks
Doug

This confirms that the seminar is a go. If you were waiting to see if seminar would be held prior to sending rsvp, you have until July 15th to contact Linda. Thay is final date to submit your request to participate.

Thanks
Doug