PDA

View Full Version : WATKC July 9 & 10th Derby / Qual Field Trial

goldngirl
06-15-2011, 07:37 PM
West Allis Training Kennel Club would like to invite everyone to join us at our annual July 9 & 10th, 2011 Derby / Qual Field Trial in Big Bend, Wisconsin!

Field Trial entry fee: Derby $ 60.00
Qual. $ 65.00

If you have been thinking you might want to try running your retriever in a field trial.......here's your chance! Our field trial is fun and our Judges, marshals and field trial committee are committed to helping you walk to the line with your dog even if you've never done so before!

Or come out and join in the fun if your an experienced field trailer!

:p:p:p:p:p:p

Enter on Entry Express!

So come on out! Enter your Retriever today!

Hope to see you in July!

WATKC Field Trial Committee

g_fiebelkorn
06-15-2011, 08:37 PM
here's your chance! Hope to see you in July!

Pat and I would not miss it for the world. Look forward to seeing you again.

goldngirl
06-16-2011, 09:07 AM
Thanks George!

I too am looking forward to seeing you and Pat too at the field trial!

Thanks for your support!
:p. :p. :p

goldngirl
06-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Just a few days left to enter WATKC Derby & Qual Field Trial in Big Bend, Wisconsin!

Hope to see you and your retrievers on July 9th, 2011!

Bait
06-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Aw, Man! Wish I could make it, Michelle. Sounds like a great time. And, George is coming up too. Can't beat a $65 entry fee, combined with low entry and great people! Would be really cool to come up and play. You guys are the best!

goldngirl
06-28-2011, 07:09 PM
Aw, Man! Wish I could make it, Michelle. Sounds like a great time. And, George is coming up too. Can't beat a $65 entry fee, combined with low entry and great people! Would be really cool to come up and play. You guys are the best!

Hey Thanks Bait!

Yep a low price for entry fee and we are a nice, fun bunch too! Cmon out and enter our Derby and Qual! Our grounds are beautiful, the weather should be nice and we will all have fun running our retrievers!

Enter today! Just one more day to enter!

Bait, we wish you could enter and come on out! Hey the Fluffies rule!:)

g_fiebelkorn
06-28-2011, 08:27 PM

Bait, we will miss seeing you -- but you are coming to Atlanta for the Golden National -- right?

Bait
06-29-2011, 05:19 AM
Possible. Not probable.

goldngirl
06-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Just a couple of hours left to enter your retriever in the WATKC Derby and Qual Field Trial on July 9th & 10th!

We hope to see you there!

Ed Gipson
07-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Any updates yet. Thanks Ed

Cindy Read
07-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Watched the first series of the derby. Very nice straight up double that got lots of answers. Memory bird part way up a hill and saw many dogs drive right through the fall and hunt behind. Flier landed in a shady area. Again saw quite a few dogs go deep and had big hunts. Form the dogs I watched I didn't see one dog do a great job on both birds. Sorry didn't have a catalog so don't know call backs.

Cindy R.

ReedCreek
07-09-2011, 02:49 PM
any additional updates?

Charles C.
07-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Any qualifying callbacks, placements, news, etc.?

hntnlabs
07-09-2011, 08:57 PM
I only know partial Qual.

1st Auttie Owner Ron Steinke Handler Bruce Halverson
2nd Stan Owner Dick Weis Handler Bruce Halverson

Congrats to Stan the Man. What a year so far 3 derby points this winter, Qualified for the Master national with 5 straight master passes then get QAA on your 3rd try.....not bad for a pheasant dog. :p
Keep it up.

Shannon Jones

hntnlabs
07-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Qual set ups as I remember them. In my opinion they were all very nice. The judges did a great job and were very fair on the call backs.

First series: Wide open tripple
Right bird station about 225yrds thrown left to right in front of a tree line back drop, bird landed right at the end of the cover where the field opened up.

Middle bird was the flyer station thrown right to left about 150yrds.

Left bird station about 300yrds across the flat field for 250 yrds through a little peice of water then up a hill side. thrown right to left.

I think the order was right, left and flyer.
20 dogs started the test I think 16 were called back.

Land blind:

Same field move the line back maybe 50yrds and to the left. you had to run past the right hand fall area of the first series. Wind was swirling but out in the field one of the gunners told me the wind was pushing right to left. line to the blind was to the right of the old fall by around 40 yards.

I think 11 called back to the water blind.

Water blind: maybe 300yrds. Across a square pond with a small channel in the back left corner. The pond had a few small points coming out just before you got to the channel. Line to the blind was done diagnally across the pond going from right to left.
The bird was placed on the left hand side of the channel maybe 30yrds in.
So from the line the dog had about a 30yrd run to the water where you lost the dog for just a second. swim across the pond past the 2 points. The line was just off the tip of the last point up into the channel which was maybe 30yrds wide.

It was either 6 or 8 dogs called back to the last series.

Water marks: Same piece of water, on the back side of the pond is another small piece of water on the right side . In between the channel on the left and the small piece of water on right is some fairly tall brush.
Right handstation was thrown to the left towards the brush deep of the second small piece of water. maybe 250 yrds

Middle station was at the edge of the water across the pond right in front of the tall brush. bird was thrown to the right. Bird landed on the land. maybe 200yrds.

Flyer staion on the left thrown from the same shore line as the starting line. angled to the left and the gunners did a nice job of letting the bird ride ( at least for the first couple of dogs that I watched). Bird landed out in the pond, for a long angle entry into the water. maybe 125yrds.

Wind was blowing right to left. Order of birds thrown was right to left.

road kill
07-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Qual set ups as I remember them. In my opinion they were all very nice. The judges did a great job and were very fair on the call backs.

First series: Wide open tripple
Right bird station about 225yrds thrown left to right in front of a tree line back drop, bird landed right at the end of the cover where the field opened up.

Middle bird was the flyer station thrown right to left about 150yrds.

Left bird station about 300yrds across the flat field for 250 yrds through a little peice of water then up a hill side. thrown right to left.

I think the order was right, left and flyer.
20 dogs started the test I think 16 were called back.

Land blind:

Same field move the line back maybe 50yrds and to the left. you had to run past the right hand fall area of the first series. Wind was swirling but out in the field one of the gunners told me the wind was pushing right to left. line to the blind was to the right of the old fall by around 40 yards.

I think 11 called back to the water blind.

Water blind: maybe 300yrds. Across a square pond with a small channel in the back left corner. The pond had a few small points coming out just before you got to the channel. Line to the blind was done diagnally across the pond going from right to left.
The bird was placed on the left hand side of the channel maybe 30yrds in.
So from the line the dog had about a 30yrd run to the water where you lost the dog for just a second. swim across the pond past the 2 points. The line was just off the tip of the last point up into the channel which was maybe 30yrds wide.

It was either 6 or 8 dogs called back to the last series.

Water marks: Same piece of water, on the back side of the pond is another small piece of water on the right side . In between the channel on the left and the small piece of water on right is some fairly tall brush.
Right handstation was thrown to the left towards the brush deep of the second small piece of water. maybe 250 yrds

Middle station was at the edge of the water across the pond right in front of the tall brush. bird was thrown to the right. Bird landed on the land. maybe 200yrds.

Flyer staion on the left thrown from the same shore line as the starting line. angled to the left and the gunners did a nice job of letting the bird ride ( at least for the first couple of dogs that I watched). Bird landed out in the pond, for a long angle entry into the water. maybe 125yrds.

Wind was blowing right to left. Order of birds thrown was right to left.
You are 100% correct on everything except every dog took the flyer, then rh bird then lh bird in the land series.
1 dog took the stand by flyer from between my feet!!:shock:

Hope you enjoyed the trial.

stan b

goldngirl
07-10-2011, 07:03 PM
WATKC Field Trial Committee
would like to say
"Thank You!!"
to ALL the volunteers, Gunners, Marshalls, Bird Throwers, Blind Planters, Kitchen help, our Stake Coordinator, all those who helped mow the grass, all those involved in the grounds renovations, all those that helped trim the grass, trim around the ponds, mow the grass near the club house, baked cookies, ordered our Ducks, repaired the club's tractor, and everyone who pitched in to help WATKC have a really GREAT field trial! We could not have been successful without all of your efforts and help.

A special "Thanks" to all those who entered the Derby and Qual!

A Great Big Thanks to our Judges....Brad, Pat, Jeff and Mary!

And of course, Congratulations to all the handlers and their dogs who placed, and Jam-ed the
Derby and Qual!

A special Congratulations goes out to our JUNIOR HANDLER, Kayla Klobucnik
who earned her Junior Handler Certificate in the Derby with her golden dog,
Willow! Way to go Kayla!

Hope to see you next year!

g_fiebelkorn
07-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Thank you Michelle for all the work you did to make the weekend such a successful.

Denver
07-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Huge Congrats, to Bruce Halverson, on his first and second place in the qual. Auttie and Stan are both very nice young dogs. Also to owners Ron Steinke, and Dick Weis.

vanman
07-11-2011, 11:00 PM
;)Nice job by the judges.the batter was just teh right temp. for this one!Very nice tests.Thanks