PDA

View Full Version : The "I'm a victim" card....

Chris Atkinson
07-01-2011, 03:55 PM
There is a repeat pattern that several of those made "read-only" have demonstrated on RTF forums. (as well as elsewhere, I'm sure)

This pattern has several variations, but the general theme is that folks create drama or controversial dialogue to get attention and get folks emotionally reactive. Then, when the originator gets things going in the desired direction, they turn things around to make themselves the poor innocent victim.

This card played, is frequently backed up with the other card that says "Yes, you caught me with my pants down...but He (or she) had their pants down first". Know what? It is irrelevant what someone did prior to you dropping your own drawers, Mr. victim-becomer. You must be accountable for your own words and your own actions on your own two legs.

Please let RTF administration deal with others who can't seem to keep their drawers properly configured.

I'm frankly sad and disappointed, while at the same time relieved that a few of the perpetual drama-creating, victim wanna-be, bad apples have been removed from the active RTF posting roster.

Part of me feels like a failure as I really thought through some ongoing dialogue, second, third, fourth etc. chances, tolerance, and respectful polite requests to modify behavior, that we could get some rehabilitation. But, as the Warden on Coolhand Luke says, What we had here was "failure to communicate".

http://www.ifc.com/news/09032009_CoolHandLuke.jpg

caryalsobrook
07-01-2011, 07:17 PM
There is a repeat pattern that several of those made "read-only" have demonstrated on RTF forums. (as well as elsewhere, I'm sure)

This pattern has several variations, but the general theme is that folks create drama or controversial dialogue to get attention and get folks emotionally reactive. Then, when the originator gets things going in the desired direction, they turn things around to make themselves the poor innocent victim.

This card played, is frequently backed up with the other card that says "Yes, you caught me with my pants down...but He (or she) had their pants down first". Know what? It is irrelevant what someone did prior to you dropping your own drawers, Mr. victim-becomer. You must be accountable for your own words and your own actions on your own two legs.

Please let RTF administration deal with others who can't seem to keep their drawers properly configured.

I'm frankly sad and disappointed, while at the same time relieved that a few of the perpetual drama-creating, victim wanna-be, bad apples have been removed from the active RTF posting roster.

Part of me feels like a failure as I really thought through some ongoing dialogue, second, third, fourth etc. chances, tolerance, and respectful polite requests to modify behavior, that we could get some rehabilitation. But, as the Warden on Coolhand Luke says, What we had here was "failure to communicate".

Thanks for reopening the forum. Hope I never cause youany problems. I expect to never to complain to you. I'm sue you have better things to do.

Ryan M
07-01-2011, 08:04 PM
But, as the Warden on Coolhand Luke says, What we had here was "failure to communicate".

Can we make um "spend a night in the box"?

charly_t
07-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Thanks, Chris. It is so good to see the forum open again.

twall
07-02-2011, 10:24 AM
But, as the Warden on Coolhand Luke says, What we had here was "failure to communicate".

.... some men just can't be reached.

Tom

Franco
07-03-2011, 06:41 AM
Potus Place is a tough place to police with all the name calling, hopefully in the past. It is what folks do when they can't articulate a counterpoint. The name callers are generally "lightweights" to begin with so they are easy to ignore.

Chris, thanks for all you do!

Andy Symons
07-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Can we have a picture of the carwash scene please.

Orion Labradors
07-03-2011, 09:50 AM
The 4th is also about our freedom of free speech and respecting differing opinions by our fellow citizens.

Debate helps us discover the truth.

Intolerance and hate weakens rather than strengthens our great nation.

Happy 4th!

May we celebrate 10,000 more!

sandyg
07-03-2011, 11:00 AM
The 4th is also about our freedom of free speech and respecting differing opinions by our fellow citizens.

Debate helps us discover the truth.

Intolerance and hate weakens rather than strengthens our great nation.

Happy 4th!

May we celebrate 10,000 more!

No it's not.

Independence Day is about celebrating the birth of the USA, free from the yoke of the British Empire. The United States Declaration of Independence is a statement adopted by the Continental Congress on July 4, 1776, which announced that the thirteen American colonies then at war with Great Britain were now independent states, and thus no longer a part of the British Empire.

Don't change the meaning to correlate with your social philosophy.

road kill
07-03-2011, 01:01 PM

I just wanted to clarify that, though significant, the "victim card" is only second in the deck.

The #1 card of course is the "race" card.

Both of course are followed closely by the "previous bad behavior" card, the "rationalization" card, the "he started is" card and the "name calling" card.

These are used lavishly by the progressives whenever they lose an argument on the merits.
(which is 100% of the time)

Just tryin to help..........

RK

Mike Smith
07-03-2011, 01:05 PM
No it's not.

Independence Day is about celebrating the birth of the USA, free from the yoke of the British Empire. The United States Declaration of Independence is a statement adopted by the Continental Congress on July 4, 1776, which announced that the thirteen American colonies then at war with Great Britain were now independent states, and thus no longer a part of the British Empire.

Don't change the meaning to correlate with your social philosophy.

Also had a little bit to do with taxation and representation. They had a tea party in Boston over it.:D

Kelly Greenwood
07-03-2011, 03:07 PM
When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

Clay Rogers
07-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Also had a little bit to do with taxation and representation. They had a tea party in Boston over it.:D

Actually the 4th of July has nothing to do with the Boston Tea Party, which happened sometime in December, I think. The 4th is a celebration of our freedom from English Rule and the establishment of our own country. Taxation and representation are some of the reasons we fought the Revolutionary War.

Uncle Bill
07-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Actually the 4th of July has nothing to do with the Boston Tea Party, which happened sometime in December, I think. The 4th is a celebration of our freedom from English Rule and the establishment of our own country. Taxation and representation are some of the reasons we fought the Revolutionary War.

Might be a good idea for folks interested to read over the 'timeline' eh?

http://www.boston-tea-party.org/timeline.html

No better time than the 4th to get the facts correct.

UB

john fallon
07-03-2011, 05:52 PM
I just wanted to clarify that, though significant, the "victim card" is only second in the deck.

The #1 card of course is the "race" card.

Both of course are followed closely by the "previous bad behavior" card, the "rationalization" card, the "he started is" card and the "name calling" card.

These are used lavishly by the progressives whenever they lose an argument on the merits.
(which is 100% of the time)

Just tryin to help..........

RK

Is this then to be considered an unqualified "second" of the cite?

Are you somewhat in agreement with the OP, and have just expanded on the thought or is this a rebuttal ???

john

road kill
07-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Is this then to be considered an unqualified "second" of the cite?

Are you somewhat in agreement with the OP, and have just expanded on the thought or is this a rebuttal ???

john

I pretty much agree with the OP.

How about you?
Just helping the folks so as they can score along at home.
(sitting 8 rows back waiting to see Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow!)

RK

john fallon
07-03-2011, 10:51 PM
I pretty much agree with the OP.

How about you?
Just helping the folks so as they can score along at home.(sitting 8 rows back waiting to see Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow!)

RK

Me??
Having such a small frame of reference here on the POTUS forum because of my infrequent participation, I need all the help I can get....
....but in the overall, I'm rather ambivalent about it .

john

subroc
07-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Chris

Thanks for opening the forum.

Joe