PDA

View Full Version : Nice Read.....

road kill
07-07-2011, 07:21 AM
These are possibly the 5 best sentences you'll ever read:

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work, because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

RK

subroc
07-07-2011, 09:03 AM
makes sense to me

Steve Hester
07-07-2011, 09:57 AM
If Obama and the Democrats just understood this.

FOM
07-07-2011, 10:59 AM
If Obama and the Democrats just understood this.

But I don't think it's just them...I think by and large many Americans do not understand those 5 statements, regardless of political affiliation.

FOM

charly_t
07-07-2011, 01:48 PM
But I don't think it's just them...I think by and large many Americans do not understand those 5 statements, regardless of political affiliation.

FOM

BINGO ! America has lost the ability to truely educate people. Many who come out of our schools could not or would not understand this even if they tried.

cotts135
07-08-2011, 06:37 AM
These are possibly the 5 best sentences you'll ever read:

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. [B]You can though legislate more prosperity for the wealthy by giving huge subsidies to the Energy corporations Agriculture or other industries,Or bailing out huge Wall Street banks who then use the money to pay themselves huge bonuses

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. Agree in principle

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. True

4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. Not true if applied to individuals or separate entities.(ie:transfer of wealth which goes both ways)

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work, because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation. Most people do want to work and it is the very small minority who feel they are entitled to what ever the government can provide that ruin it for everybody else.Democrats need to acknowledge this fact and Republicans need to stop overstating this problem. There are simply to many hard working people who are just unable to find a job right now.

RK
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx