road kill
07-08-2011, 07:39 AM
:rolleyes:

RK

huntinman
07-08-2011, 08:36 AM
:rolleyes:

RK

yeah...Obama revised April & May downward by 44,000 jobs... Standard operating procedure. Come out with a fake #, wait a month or two then revise it down. He has been doing this his entire time in office. Sort of like check kiting... Only problem is, he can never get ahead. We need to get this clown out of office at the end of this term berore he can do more long term damage. He keeps saying over and over that he has created 2 mil private sector jobs... he just isn't talking about how many he has killed...

road kill
07-08-2011, 08:41 AM
yeah...Obama revised April & May downward by 44,000 jobs... Standard operating procedure. Come out with a fake #, wait a month or two then revise it down. He has been doing this his entire time in office. Sort of like check kiting... Only problem is, he can never get ahead. We need to get this clown out of office at the end of this term berore he can do more long term damage. He keeps saying over and over that he has created 2 mil private sector jobs... he just isn't talking about how many he has killed...
Ladies and Gentleman, this is a FAILED Presidency..........

RK

huntinman
07-08-2011, 08:48 AM
THIS ought to help...

Obama looks at 9.2% unemployment, speaks at 10:35 a.m.

By David Jackson, USA TODAY

President Obama will discuss the latest spike in the unemployment rate at 10:35 a.m., according to a change in the White House schedule.

The Labor Department said today that the jobless rate increased from 9.1% to 9.2% in June, which saw a rise of only 18,000 jobs.

The bad news comes as Obama tries to negotiate a deal with Republicans to increase the nation's $14.3 trillion debt ceiling while reducing federal spending.

Republicans quickly jumped on the bad numbers.

House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said, "today's report is more evidence that the misguided 'stimulus' spending binge, excessive regulations, and an overwhelming national debt continue to hold back private-sector job creation in our country."

Former Obama spokesman Bill Burton, in a tweet, said the new jobs reports underscores the need to increase the nation's $14.3 trillion debt ceiling, lest the government default.

"At this point imagine the absolute market catastrophe if Republicans let the country default," Burton wrote. "It's time the GOP steps up to the plate."

The Associated Press reports:

The Labor Department said Friday that the economy generated only 18,000 net jobs in June. And the number of jobs added in May was revised down to 25,000.

High gas prices and supply-chain disruptions stemming from the Japan crisis and the weak housing market have slowed the economy. Average hourly wages declined last month. After-tax incomes, adjusted for inflation, have been flat this year.

Businesses added the fewest jobs in more than a year. Governments cut 39,000 jobs.

BonMallari
07-08-2011, 08:52 AM
strange how the unemployment number comes out on a Friday

road kill
07-08-2011, 09:06 AM
strange how the unemployment number comes out on a Friday
And even stranger that it is being framed that this happened because the Republicans won't raise the debt limit.

Unbeleivable.........

RK

Goose
07-08-2011, 09:53 AM
If you take out that dopey birth/death adjustment the number is much worse. President Obama can't win in 2012 if this keeps up much longer and he knows it but even if a Republican is hired I'm not sure what can be done short of a massive cutback in entitlement programs and spending. Done right it's still going to be very painful. But if it isn't done we're eventually doomed. Personally, I think it's too late but I hope I'm wrong.

We live in Cuba now.

huntinman
07-08-2011, 10:12 AM
If you take out that dopey birth/death adjustment the number is much worse. President Obama can't win in 2012 if this keeps up much longer and he knows it but even if a Republican is hired I'm not sure what can be done short of a massive cutback in entitlement programs and spending. Done right it's still going to be very painful. But if it isn't done we're eventually doomed. Personally, I think it's too late but I hope I'm wrong.

We live in Cuba now.

One thing we can be assured of. No self respecting successor to the office will be in their 3rd year, still blaming Obama for the mess they "inherited".

Gerry Clinchy
07-08-2011, 11:17 AM
[quote=Goose;822676]If you take out that dopey birth/death adjustment the number is much worse. President Obama can't win in 2012 if this keeps up much longer and he knows it but even if a Republican is hired I'm not sure what can be done short of a massive cutback in entitlement programs and spending. Done right it's still going to be very painful. But if it isn't done we're eventually doomed. Personally, I think it's too late but I hope I'm wrong.
quote]

A new POTUS can always blame Obama, can't he? :-) At least for the first two years :-))