PDA

View Full Version : Fast and Furious

dback
07-08-2011, 07:54 PM
I am very good friends with principals (retail) involved with the sale of many of these firearms. After watching this unfold, I'm going to slip into my 'foil cap' and make these observations.

I am beginning to believe that this administration wanted firearms sold into Central America and to be used in violent crimes in order to push for a UN/International mandate for some type of firearms control. My guess is that it would lead back to a Rahm Emanuel type idea. The calculated risk they were willing to take was that the weapons would not be used in any confrontation with US agents, rather only within Mexico, on fellow Mexican citizens.

No particular order;

1) I know for a fact that retailers were pressured to make suspect sales they would not have made under ordinary circumstances. They were required to and did, warn BAFTE of such sales.

2) BAFTE implanted no devices into suspect firearms leaving them absolutely no real way of tracing/following the "claimed" 2500 weapons......especially after weapons crossed border.

3) Special Agent in charge of the Phoenix District (Virginia O'Brien) who developed 'Fast and Furious' was transferred to Florida where she was to develop an identical program there named 'Operation Castaway'. Difference was that these weapons would travel to Mexico via Honduras......again, no way to trace/track suspect weapons.

4) Agents have testified under oath that they pleaded with superiors to allow them to 'take down' weapons prior to entry into Mexico and were ordered to 'stand down'.

5) "Never let a serious crisis go to waste"......what better way to 'back door' gun legislation then to assist in the scope of and highlight, the crisis itself? 'Plausible deniability' would have been easy in light of the fact that this program (or similar aspects of it) were instituted under previous administrations. The sale and trail of "contraband" is a law enforcement technique used in many instances. Personally, I don't think they ever intended to trail this contraband to 'take down' drug lords, rather, only to highlight their origination. OR......win-win.....if perchance a 'Drug Lord' were taken down.......'Look at our successful campaign to stop drugs/gun smuggling.'

OK.....flame away!!!!!!
Wish Yardley was here ;-)

huntinman
07-08-2011, 07:56 PM
The cover-up gets 'em worse than the crime... And they are scrambling to do some "covering up"...

Gerry Clinchy
07-09-2011, 07:29 AM
Wonder if the Honduran program went into effect? If they repeated the same faulty experiment two times, that would surely have been terminally stupid.

road kill
07-09-2011, 07:42 AM
Ladies and Gentleman, this is a FAILED Presidency!!!

RK

dixidawg
07-09-2011, 10:03 AM
ordered by none other than the president himself:

http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/07/brad-kozak/atf-death-watch-33-c-spans-smoking-gun/

dback
07-09-2011, 11:56 AM
I am considerably more cynical then most (foil hatish) in my view of this entire operation. I believe the O administration saw an opportunity to focus world attention on "lax US gun laws" by moving an inordinate number of weapons into Mexico, using it's own agency to facilitate movement on the one hand and decry a lack of controls on the other. The ulterior motive would have been an eventual UN or some such treaty, a move that would have left Joshua Chamberlain blushing with pride.

OR

This is the most inept, bungling crowd of Keystone Kops we've seen in our history.

dback
07-09-2011, 07:34 PM
This is some mighty funny stuff. After intentionally exposing myself to devastating kidney punches from you all just to liven things up around here.......nada. If I'd of known 'time outs' were so affective I'd of used them on my kids instead of the ole "Wonder Boy".

Could it be that I've suddenly become brilliant...........nah ;-) :-)

DODGERFAN175
07-09-2011, 07:46 PM
dback,

Is that Maite Perroni as your avatar? Nice!

dback
07-09-2011, 08:07 PM
dback,

Is that Maite Perroni as your avatar? Nice!

You should get 100 karma's for that one......yes sir it is and you're the first to correctly identify 'Her Dropdead Gorgeousness' ;-)

Edit: Just noticed you location......I do a ton of work every year in Wonderful Wasco...where in Kern are you located?

Eric Johnson
07-09-2011, 08:09 PM
ordered by none other than the president himself:

http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/07/brad-kozak/atf-death-watch-33-c-spans-smoking-gun/

I didn't hear where the ATF project clearing guns into Mexico was mentioned. If you still think so, listen to the file and tell me the time hack when this is mentioned.

Eric

DODGERFAN175
07-09-2011, 08:30 PM
You should get 100 karma's for that one......yes sir it is and you're the first to correctly identify 'Her Dropdead Gorgeousness' ;-)

Edit: Just noticed you location......I do a ton of work every year in Wonderful Wasco...where in Kern are you located?

I'm in Bakersfield and your right about Maite she is a looker.

dback
07-10-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm in Bakersfield

Aaah yes.......I'm part owner of "Hodel's" I've dined there so often.

Uncle Bill
07-10-2011, 12:38 PM
I didn't hear where the ATF project clearing guns into Mexico was mentioned. If you still think so, listen to the file and tell me the time hack when this is mentioned.

Eric

I thought it was very explicit. (An EXCELLANT 'find', BTW Dixidawg.)

Brad Kozak wrote:

"Here we are thinking that there’s got to be a Watergate moment – the 18½ minutes of tape, Deep Throat, the Plumbers – to connect the final dot between the ATF’s Gunwalker scandal and Obama. Nope. Turns out, we just had to go back and watch some C-SPAN reruns, and there it was, straight from the Assistant US District Attorney’s mouth. Obama Ordered ATF’s Gunwalker. Wow. I mean, so we’re clear, the U.S. AG’s office was bragging about Gunwalker as a part of Obama’s “get tough on the border” policy. Or to put it in terms that a Democrat can understand, “he was for it, before he was against it.” Um-hmmm. And he approved it before he tried to distance himself from it."

Not sure how they intend to spin their way outa this, but I suspect the sycophantic press will help all they can.

UB

road kill
07-10-2011, 12:47 PM
I thought it was very explicit. (An EXCELLANT 'find', BTW Dixidawg.)

Brad Kozak wrote:

"Here we are thinking that there’s got to be a Watergate moment – the 18½ minutes of tape, Deep Throat, the Plumbers – to connect the final dot between the ATF’s Gunwalker scandal and Obama. Nope. Turns out, we just had to go back and watch some C-SPAN reruns, and there it was, straight from the Assistant US District Attorney’s mouth. Obama Ordered ATF’s Gunwalker. Wow. I mean, so we’re clear, the U.S. AG’s office was bragging about Gunwalker as a part of Obama’s “get tough on the border” policy. Or to put it in terms that a Democrat can understand, “he was for it, before he was against it.” Um-hmmm. And he approved it before he tried to distance himself from it."

Not sure how they intend to spin their way outa this, but I suspect the sycophantic press will help all they can.

UB
I mentioned earlier that the biggest contributor to Obama's '12 campaign would be the complicit press.

Here is the first of many contributions, they won't touch it.

This anti-American deceit by this administration will never see the light of day!!

Ladies and Gentlemen we are watching a FAILED Presidency!!!

RK

BonMallari
07-10-2011, 01:12 PM
I mentioned earlier that the biggest contributor to Obama's '12 campaign would be the complicit press.

Here is the first of many contributions, they won't touch it.

This anti-American deceit by this administration will never see the light of day!!

Ladies and Gentlemen we are watching a FAILED Presidency!!!

RK

Yup there is no Woodward and Bernstein on this one...the only coverage you will see on this subject is when Congressman Issa does interviews on Fox, he doesnt seem to get air time on any other outlets

caryalsobrook
07-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Yup there is no Woodward and Bernstein on this one...the only coverage you will see on this subject is when Congressman Issa does interviews on Fox, he doesnt seem to get air time on any other outlets

Almost nothing on this story do I hear inthe news. What kind of press do we have these days? Controlled, not printed. Sad.

dback
08-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Don't know what page this was on but I sure missed it. May not interest many of you but this is how you keep em quiet.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/aug/16/cornyn-blasts-promotions-fast-furious-supervisors/

Love it.....McMahon to Deputy Assistant Director of Office of Professional Responsibility & Security Operations :rolleyes: