PDA

View Full Version : kennel jackets

pixel shooter
07-10-2011, 10:31 PM
for those of you who use kennel jackets for their plastic crates? any decent ones out there. Will uninsulated ones be okay for above 0 temps, waterproof and preferably mosquito netting for summer, any thoughts?

The Snows
07-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Sent you a PM

Cowtown
07-11-2011, 02:14 PM
for those of you who use kennel jackets for their plastic crates? any decent ones out there. Will uninsulated ones be okay for above 0 temps, waterproof and preferably mosquito netting for summer, any thoughts?

I really like the Mud River Kennel Covers. They have a cool new camo one too:

http://www.mudriverdogproducts.com/products/Dixie_Kennel_Cover.html

Coveyrise64
07-11-2011, 02:38 PM
I really like the Mud River Kennel Covers. They have a cool new camo one too:

http://www.mudriverdogproducts.com/products/Dixie_Kennel_Cover.html

I'd buy a MudRiver but can't see paying for all the extras. Wish they just made a standard kennel cover, I don't need all the storage pockets.

Coveyrise64

Cowtown
07-11-2011, 03:54 PM
I'd buy a MudRiver but can't see paying for all the extras. Wish they just made a standard kennel cover, I don't need all the storage pockets.

Coveyrise64

I agree, I probably won't use the pockets all that much. If a cheaper MR standard cover was an option, I'd have gone that route.

I will pay extra for good stuff and I just really like MR and their quality products. I also have the 2 barrel mat and like it alot.

TonkaDuk
07-11-2011, 06:06 PM
x2 Mud River. Put it on and have never taken it off. Great Product

Bmiller
07-11-2011, 06:25 PM
The mud river is by far the best on the market, and their customer service is top notch. I had the cover for about 6mo and due to a stupid mistake on my part i ripped it. So i called and told them the truth to see how i could fix it. They sent me a replacment free of charge and let me keep the old one till it got there because it was during hunting season. GREAT COMPANY!!!!!

Brian

pixel shooter
07-11-2011, 07:21 PM
I agree it Mud River seems to be the best but when I called they said during summer or warmer than 60 degrees, dont even have this on the kennel, 20-40 degrees warmer with it on, that has me concerned a little. Asked if I had all the windows and doors opened, said doesnt matter. being a canuck I shouldnt have to worry but for training during spring and summer it does actually get warmer LOL and dont want to use a product just for 2 months of the year, hmmmmmm

southgeorgia
07-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Mud River. I use it maybe 2 months, off and on, and love it. I also looked for a cheaper
product bc of not needing it much. Very pleased I did not settle for less.

bandd
08-18-2011, 11:33 PM
I have a Mud River and the quality is fantastic. Expensive, but you get what you pay for. Seems like that for many of their products.

alteredillusions
08-24-2011, 10:02 PM
I know remington kennels suck but before i drop more money is there a jacket that will fit a inter. kennel from them?

mngundog
08-27-2011, 02:03 AM
I know remington kennels suck but before i drop more money is there a jacket that will fit a inter. kennel from them?
Do you know the size or model #, if its like mine I just picked up a Mud River one that fits it and they were closing them out for less the $55 at a local Gander. They were only selling out the Medium one.