PDA

View Full Version : LTE in re: Governor Perry

Eric Johnson
07-11-2011, 09:08 AM
This is a letter to the editor that raises some interesting points re: Gov Perry.

Eric

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20110711/NEWS/110719989/1028/opinion?Title=Letter-Rick-Perry-is-8216-ultimate-globalist-8217-

http://tinyurl.com/5rj7bhj

Dear Editor: Rumors of Alabama Republicans rushing to support Texas Gov. Rick Perry as frontrunner to challenge (President Barack) Obama for the presidency are confirmed by Dana Beyerle’s July 6 column in The Tuscaloosa News. Beyerle reports that a Birmingham event in August for Perry is already sold out.

Alabama Republicans should realize that Perry is a terrible choice and will betray them, if elected, due to his secretive connections to the global elite.

-more-

road kill
07-11-2011, 09:11 AM
This is a letter to the editor that raises some interesting points re: Gov Perry.

Eric

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20110711/NEWS/110719989/1028/opinion?Title=Letter-Rick-Perry-is-8216-ultimate-globalist-8217-

http://tinyurl.com/5rj7bhj

Dear Editor: Rumors of Alabama Republicans rushing to support Texas Gov. Rick Perry as frontrunner to challenge (President Barack) Obama for the presidency are confirmed by Dana Beyerle’s July 6 column in The Tuscaloosa News. Beyerle reports that a Birmingham event in August for Perry is already sold out.

Alabama Republicans should realize that Perry is a terrible choice and will betray them, if elected, due to his secretive connections to the global elite.

-more-
So, this letter was written by a supporter of "Dr. Paul?"

I'm shocked..........

RK

huntinman
07-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Yep...Moonbats for America:rolleyes:

M&K's Retrievers
07-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Oh good grief! :roll:

He said, she said regards,

EdA
07-11-2011, 11:44 AM
I hope that people who know little about Governor Perry, aka Governor Sunshine, will take an objective view of his tenure as Governor of Texas rather than rubber stamping him as a conservative savior. He is best known for self promotion and self adulation but not as well known for putting taxpayers on the hook for low cost business loans for some well endowed supporters and for his attempt to take over higher education by packing the Boards of Regents of our 2 largest state university systems.

One of his pet projects, The Texas Enterprise Fund is particularly egregious.

http://www.statesman.com/opinion/wheat-pare-down-corporate-welfare-1248603.html?cxtype=ynews_rss

Sometimes the devil you know truly is much better than the one you don't know!

Uncle Bill
07-12-2011, 10:57 AM
I hope that people who know little about Governor Perry, aka Governor Sunshine, will take an objective view of his tenure as Governor of Texas rather than rubber stamping him as a conservative savior. He is best known for self promotion and self adulation but not as well known for putting taxpayers on the hook for low cost business loans for some well endowed supporters and for his attempt to take over higher education by packing the Boards of Regents of our 2 largest state university systems.

http://www.statesman.com/opinion/wheat-pare-down-corporate-welfare-1248603.html?cxtype=ynews_rss

So, which "devil you know" are you willing to support. You can't possibly mean that knowing Obama is a "much better devil", just because you now know him and what HE stands for???

UB

Goose
07-12-2011, 05:20 PM
I think Perry would have a good chance to defeat Barry in 2012. There isn't a politician out there that doesn't have blemishes but Perry might end up being the Republican's best chance. I would support him. Hell, I'd support a freaking Cuban politician over Barry:) but unless Governor Rick has some unknown blemishes I'd say he's as good a candidate as the Republicans have. Perry/Bachmann 2012.

Personally, I wouldn't wish the Presidency on my worst enemy with the huge problems this country faces. We're going down the crapper and it doesn't really matter who's in the White House. We owe too much money for anybody to come up with any realistic solutions. Barry even said today that he might have to hold up Social Security checks if Congress doesn't come up with a solution to our debt problem. Beautiful.

We live in Cuba now.

Franco
07-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Personally, I wouldn't wish the Presidency on my worst enemy with the huge problems this country faces. We're going down the crapper and it doesn't really matter who's in the White House. We owe too much money for anybody to come up with any realistic solutions. Barry even said today that he might have to hold up Social Security checks if Congress doesn't come up with a solution to our debt problem. Beautiful.

We live in Cuba now.

It is going to take someone that can change the culture in DC, a strong reformer. A person that can get the Government Class under control and has a true vision of Liberty.

If this country were run properly, we would have budget surpluses as well as much lower taxes!

zeus3925
07-12-2011, 08:20 PM
I think Perry would have a good chance to defeat Barry in 2012. There isn't a politician out there that doesn't have blemishes but Perry might end up being the Republican's best chance. I would support him. Hell, I'd support a freaking Cuban politician over Barry:) but unless Governor Rick has some unknown blemishes I'd say he's as good a candidate as the Republicans have. Perry/Bachmann 2012.

We live in Cuba now.

Perry is a secessionist. Lets elect a dog person Prez. Any volunteers? You all know how to get the job done, eh?

M&K's Retrievers
07-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Perry is a secessionist. Lets elect a dog person Prez. Any volunteers? You all know how to get the job done, eh?

He is a dog person. Lab in fact.

huntinman
07-12-2011, 11:09 PM

Are you proposing we keep the devil we currently have?

EdA
07-13-2011, 06:59 AM
Are you proposing we keep the devil we currently have?

Nope, I am proposing that Rick Perry is not the man for the job, he is an empty suit with a nice haircut whose political ideology is flexible according to need, he comes across well on television sound bites but many in our state consider him an embarrassment. Presidential material he is not!

huntinman
07-13-2011, 07:19 AM
Nope, I am proposing that Rick Perry is not the man for the job, he is an empty suit with a nice haircut whose political ideology is flexible according to need, he comes across well on television sound bites but many in our state consider him an embarrassment. Presidential material he is not!

I don't know anything about Gov. Perry other than what I see in the media. The only question I would have is if he is that bad, why is he the longest serving Gov. in the history of Texas? A lot of TX voters must see something they like and TX is a RED state, right? Just asking...

road kill
07-13-2011, 07:58 AM

You talking about Perry or Obama????

Anyone know how many private sector jobs have been created in TX the last 2 years?

How many in the rest of the USA combined?

Perry is doing something right, and jobs and the economy are all that will matter in the upcoming election!!!

RK

caryalsobrook
07-13-2011, 07:58 AM
Sounds like you are describing our current president:)

Marvin S
07-13-2011, 11:20 AM

I find your statement interesting - he must appeal to someone. I would have thought, as she apparently did, that KBH would have steamrolled him, only to have it happen in reverse.

Eric Johnson
07-13-2011, 11:41 AM
He is a dog person. Lab in fact.

However, he signed into law probably the most anti-breeder legislation that has been presented to any governor in the country....fully backed by the AR movement.

Eric