PDA

View Full Version : Watopa Retriever Club's O/H Qual

Mike Peters-labguy23
07-25-2011, 10:36 PM
The Watopa Retriever Club's O/H Qual closes Tuesday at 11:59pm. As of today we have only 2 dogs entered. What a great chance to enter a small qualifying. This event starts Friday August 5th just south of Kellogg,MN.

We could really use some junior and senior level dogs too!!

Thanks for your support.

Mike Peters-labguy23
07-26-2011, 12:45 PM
We have 4 in the O/H Qual now, would like to see 6-10 more!!

Thanks for your support.

Stevenspointhunter
07-26-2011, 01:48 PM
I would love to but seeing as how my pup just picked up his JH 2 weeks ago it might be a bit much;).
I was a bird boy for Wytopa 16 some odd years ago. Great group of guys. Heading back to Winona that weekend so Iím thinking of coming out to see some of the Master Dogs on Saturday. Glad to see you guys are holding a test. Lots of good land/water to work with.

Mike Peters-labguy23
07-26-2011, 06:21 PM
Sounds good Rich, heck if you want to relive your younger days we would be happy to let you chuck a few birds, just leave the white shirt at home:D

Stevenspointhunter
08-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Wanted to say thanks Wytopa for having their 1st HT this past weekend. Talked with a few of the club guys and it sounds like it is going to be a yearly event. Watched the Masters on Saturday and we ran Senior on Sunday. I thought the Senior test was very organized and ran very smoothly in comparison to the 2 of the 4 Juniors we ran this summer.
First time for me running in Senior. It was a blast and learned a couple of key things. Most important…. “Pick up your dog behind the mound” from a judge does not mean that you are out. I took that as “Rope up your dog, you’re out” (had to handle on the last mark), so I went for my lead in my pocket. Was quickly advised that it just meant to get out of the way for the next dog up and get over to the honor bucket! Talk about looking like a fool (me not the dog). Worked out and we got our first Senior pass with a few things to work on before we finish up next spring.