PDA

View Full Version : Dave Ramsey's take on the "Debt Deal"

K G
08-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Copied from a friend's Facebook page...

"If the US Government was a family, they would be making $58,000 a year, they spend $75,000 a year, & are $327,000 in credit card debt. They are currently proposing BIG spending cuts to reduce their spending to $72,000 a year. These are the actual proportions of the federal budget & debt, reduced to a level that we can understand." - Dave Ramsey

I know I feel better..... :rolleyes:

k g

Franco
08-06-2011, 10:39 AM
He said the same thing on John Stossel's show the other night. He also said that a downgrade of US Credit was just around the corner. Little doubt why Dave Ramsey has one of the top syndicated radio shows in the country.

K G
08-06-2011, 10:41 AM
That show is most likely where this quote came from.

Unfortunately, our elected officials know, or care, very little about how our country's current economic situation affects their constituents. We need to show ALL of them how we feel about their disconnection in November 2012.

k g

charly_t
08-06-2011, 02:05 PM
I wonder if we could get somebody to run who has taken a vow of poverty.....vbg.

The trouble with U.S. politics is we vote for the person who had the best ad compaign ( most money probably also ) most of the time. We need to vote for the poorest, lest advertised person perhaps.

TN_LAB
08-06-2011, 02:20 PM
I wonder if we could get somebody to run who has taken a vow of poverty.....vbg.

The trouble with U.S. politics is we vote for the person who had the best ad compaign ( most money probably also ) most of the time. We need to vote for the poorest, lest advertised person perhaps.

I heard this sound bite one time when describing congress:

Everybody hates Congress, but they all love their Congressman. :p