08-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Derby
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, 19 to 2nd series

??? to 3rd series

1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, 16, 17 to 4th series

8mmag
08-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Update?

I met you pal Gregg this weekend watching #5 Reese. He's gotta be tickled he made the fourth...

golfandhunter
08-06-2011, 11:14 PM
results, Jams 1,4,6,11
RJ 3. 4th 7. 3rd 5, 2nd 16, Winner 17 makes Derby list.
Proud of my girl Reese awesome in the 4th and made a
big come back.
Gregg

Scott Bass
08-07-2011, 05:56 AM
Congratulations Gregg and Resse on the 3rd.

John and Bill great job on the WIN!

8mmag
08-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Way to go Reese & Gregg...make the whole trip worthwhile for you. Hope you had some dry clothes!

Also congrats to Eric & Gunner on his Jam...his Rug as he calls him!

TJ Shanahan
08-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Any news on the Q?

TIM DOANE
08-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Congrats to Bruce B. Blue for gaining QAA status by winning the Q.

Also to Ronnie and Miley for getting second place in thier first ever Q.

I think Hugh Arther got third

big gunner
08-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Gunner got his first Jam. A Golden running with the black dogs and a blond golden at that. Proud to finally have finished one.

Erick & Pine Run's Big Gunner W.C.,**

John Shoffner
08-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Thank you Scott. I am very happy and proud of Wild Bill and most appreciative of Mike Ough at Sandhill Kennels for all of the hard work that he puts into bringing the best out of these great dogs! This win put Bill on the Derby List!!!

twistoffate
08-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Results posted on EE. Some very talented puppies competed too.

Senior Puppy Stake results:
1st - Kingseeds Crazy Like My Mama - "Gus" - Tim Doane
2nd - Kingseeds Down in the Boondocks - "Boon" - Fred Lehnertz
3rd - Adams Acres Hit the Road - "Roady" - Jim Stevenson
4th - Adams Acres Rock & Roll - "Rocky" - Dan Storts

Junior Puppy Stake results:
1st - "Socks" - Shannon Wood
2nd - "Loosie" - Dan Storts
3rd - "Strider" - Deb Marmarelli
4th - "Freda" - Jim Stevenson

TIM DOANE
08-08-2011, 06:26 AM
Just gotta brag on those two Kingseed pups. They are 7 months old and competed in the 9 - 12 puppy stakes taking 1st and 2nd. You are doing a great Job with Boone, keep it up Fred.

golfandhunter
08-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Congratulations Gregg and Resse on the 3rd.

John and Bill great job on the WIN!

Thanks to the judges for their time and great
tests at maumee and wolverine.
Thanks to all the club members and volunteers.
And a HUGE Thank you to MIKE OUGH. Once again
you are the MAN. Reese has been on the truck for
3 months, it's amazing what you have done for her
in this short time. I can only look forward to the next
few months.
Tom & Judy, it was nice to spend the weekend with you
good luck with Riot moving forward.
Erick, nice meeting you and congrats for Gunner.
I am leaving Atlanta tonight to pick up a new puppy.

podunkccrs
08-08-2011, 09:50 PM
This weekend of tests was a great time! We ran the qual both days and had a blast!!! All four judges setup really neat challenging tests all weekend that were fun to be part of.
It culminated with a great 6 dog fourth series last night, we were still pretty happy to still be playing right up until the last bird....(but we went out in great company). Only 3 dogs finished the test, it was a really fun challenging test all day, we were just excited every bird along the way.
And although I was disappointed to not have a curly in the ribbons, I was so excited for my training partner Ron with Miley to get second.
His first retriever, "just a hunting dog", out of hunting dogs stock, 2 1/2 years old. He just bought a white coat this week as this was his first trial he had ever entered.....
Each series he made it through, he was just so excited to be there. He ran last dog in the 4th series and had no idea he just had to pick up all three birds for a placement....And when she did an awesome job, front sided all the guns, fought the wind, hunted all the water instead of the shores, he still had no idea where he stood. We all knew....as there was only one other dog that didn't handle and only 3 dogs total that completed the test.
And then still didn't know when he was handed the second place ribbon that both first and second get qualified all age.....
It was just AWESOME!
It is almost like what it is all supposed to be about or something....

Thanks to judges Greg Seddon and Kurt Dunn and all of the handlers that celebrated right along with him and his dad through the end. Thanks to Greg and Kurt and the handlers and gallery in the last series Ray Vreeland, Hugh and Al Arthur, Jason Baker, and Bruce Borkovich all rooting for the girl with the curly and the new guy with the yellow hunting dog. It made quite a memory.
Congratulations to all and thanks to all of the workers, club members and land owners that made this possible!
Sarah

Gerry Clinchy
08-10-2011, 10:26 AM
What a great story, Sarah!