PDA

View Full Version : Car salesman in Chief - no suv's/trucks

huntinman
08-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Whlie he rides around in 2 million dollars worth of busses for a 3 day trip? What a jerk...

Obama to automakers: ‘You can’t just make money on SUVs and trucks’By Andrew Restuccia - 08/15/11 02:37 PM ET

The country’s automakers should ditch their focus on SUVs and trucks in favor of smaller, more fuel-efficient vehicles, President Obama said Monday.

“You can’t just make money on SUVs and trucks,” Obama said during a town hall forum in Cannon Falls, Minn. “There is a place for SUVs and trucks, but as gas prices keep on going up, you have got to understand the market. People are going to try to save money.”

Obama has positioned the revival and reshaping of the auto industry as a major part of his administration’s push to improve the economy and create jobs.

“When I came into office they were talking about the liquidation of GM and Chrysler, and a lot of folks said you can’t help them, and it’s a waste of the government’s money to try and help them,” Obama said Monday. “But what I said was, we can’t afford to lose up to a million jobs in this country, particularly in the Midwest.”

Obama was speaking at the start of a three-day bus tour of the Midwest. He will visit Decorah, Iowa, later in the day.

The president said his administration “turned around” the U.S. auto industry and is calling on automakers to change the way they do business.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gerry Clinchy
08-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Easy for him to say since he will never have to ride in one of those small, fuel-efficient vehicles himself.

Gets more and more annoying to have someone tell you to sacrifice this, that or the other thing, when you know that they have no way to relate to what those sacrifices really are.

Sort of like cash for clunkers, "everybody should buy a more fuel-efficient, less polluting vehicle." Actually, many of those who needed those savings the most couldn't afford a new car!

mcpoland
08-15-2011, 05:12 PM
I heard that these are new buses, purchased for this trip. Since this is not a re-election campaign effort but rather a "listening" tour I assume the taxpayers paid for the ride.

Gerry Clinchy
08-15-2011, 05:18 PM
I heard that these are new buses, purchased for this trip. Since this is not a re-election campaign effort but rather a "listening" tour I assume the taxpayers paid for the ride.

Also annoying when they presume that Americans are basically dumb enough to believe that.

huntinman
08-15-2011, 05:21 PM

Who the hell has this jerk ever listened to? He thinks he knows it all already... Now get out ther and check the air in your tires!

luvmylabs23139
08-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Who the hell has this jerk ever listened to? He thinks he knows it all already... Now get out ther and check the air in your tires!

I'm still searching for the mystical electric minivan!

BonMallari
08-15-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm still searching for the mystical electric minivan!

this should be his bus

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f234/bickid99/oscar-mayer-wienermobile.jpg

M&K's Retrievers
08-16-2011, 12:39 AM
this should be his bus

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f234/bickid99/oscar-mayer-wienermobile.jpg

I thought this was Anthony Wiener's bus.

Sorry:barf:

troy schwab
08-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Yes,
the Volt did so well, all automakers should follow suit.........IDIOT!

mcpoland
08-17-2011, 02:00 AM
It gets better-while dear leader is out promoting American jobs he is riding in a Canadian built bus. They bought two buses from Prevost, a manufacturer in Quebec. They were fitted out by a company in Tennesee. About half of the $1.1million cost of each unit was for the chassis. But whats a million bucks to this spoiled brat!

huntinman
08-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Should have made the 3 day tour in a Volt!

IowaBayDog
08-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Should have made the 3 day tour in a Volt!

Or a 3 hour tour in a boat!!!!! Who would he blame on Obama's Island though?.......

road kill
08-17-2011, 10:01 AM
I find it interesting Obama hits MN, IA & IL but doesn't hit WI.

Maybe he got the message and we are being punished????:D

RK

troy schwab
08-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Geez.... Stan...... I would be thankful that traveling circus of lies didnt visit my town......LOL BTW, do you have any idea how many teleprompters that bus can hold...... safe haven baby....... He absolutely disgusts me.

road kill
08-17-2011, 11:59 AM
Geez.... Stan...... I would be thankful that traveling circus of lies didnt visit my town......LOL BTW, do you have any idea how many teleprompters that bus can hold...... safe haven baby....... He absolutely disgusts me.

I find it interesting that "B" goes on a self labeled "LISTENING TOUR" then chides the Tea Party guy saying "it sounds like you don't want to listen."

Uhhhhh, yeah, you are supposed to listen, remember??
YOUR rules........

RK

Gerry Clinchy
08-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Did you see that Rep. Waters questioned why the POTUS didn't visit black communities on his tour? Really seems unconscionable that he should skip them.

M&K's Retrievers
08-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Or a 3 hour tour in a boat!!!!! Who would he blame on Obama's Island though?.......

Let's see, Biden could be the Skipper, Obama could be his "little Buddy", Pelosi could be Mary Ann, Hilary as Ginger, Warren Buffet as Thurston Howell III, Madeline Albright as "Lovey" and Algore as The Professor.

troy schwab
08-18-2011, 08:10 AM
Let's see, Biden could be the Skipper, Obama could be his "little Buddy", Pelosi could be Mary Ann, Hilary as Ginger, Warren Buffet as Thurston Howell III, Madeline Albright as "Lovey" and Algore as The Professor.

Sounds like an SNL skit waiting to happen!!!! ROFL

TPhillips
08-19-2011, 02:53 PM
you guys do realize that the republican nominee will have the same bus, yes there's two, and it will be cheaper than the buses that they RENTED before?

charly_t
08-19-2011, 03:16 PM
you guys do realize that the republican nominee will have the same bus, yes there's two, and it will be cheaper than the buses that they RENTED before?

Yes, we know !
Registered Republican here who is just tired of all the spending. I am not happy about much that either party is doing. I would for sure be just as unhappy with my party on this one. I am not a loyal party follower......
vote for the man who is right for the job.

Vote them all out regards ! Trouble is every time we do that we wind up paying more "retirement" to more of them. Cut off all the pay after they are no longer in office and just let them have social security like we have. Cut all the spending big time.

TPhillips
08-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Well if their going to ride around in a nice tour bus, i'd hope they tried to save a little money while doing it. I don't know either of them needs a bus, but whatever, there's bigger waste than that everyday. I wonder what my boss would say if I spent all day at work looking for another job? For months on end.....

charly_t
08-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Well if their going to ride around in a nice tour bus, i'd hope they tried to save a little money while doing it. I don't know either of them needs a bus, but whatever, there's bigger waste than that everyday. I wonder what my boss would say if I spent all day at work looking for another job? For months on end.....

Agree with you 100%.

huntinman
08-19-2011, 05:06 PM

How many days could you rent a bus for 2.2 million? the country made it for over 200 years without having Presidential busses. Now we needed them for a 3 days? Come on...

TPhillips
08-19-2011, 06:20 PM
How many days could you rent a bus for 2.2 million? the country made it for over 200 years without having Presidential busses. Now we needed them for a 3 days? Come on...

I don't know, I've never priced the rental of 2 armoured buses for a YEAR outfited to the gills with all the latest and greatest security and communications for a year and then paid to remove all the "stuff" before giving it back. The price doesn't seam very far fetched at all, my last work truck was over 200k and I know what was in that....not much... I just hate the fact were paying ALL these politicians to do this for the next year, they need to be working, not driving around the country preeching to their supporters about the bs they wont accomplish if we vote for them. Your right, we have tvs now, they should preech on tv after they get off work and tell me what they accomplished for the day.

huntinman
08-19-2011, 07:16 PM
I don't really think they need a damn bus at all... so I agree with you there. he already has every sort of Limo, plane, helecopter etc... The bus was a total waste. Come to think of it, so is the POTUS.