PDA

View Full Version : Gov. Rick Perry

Franco
08-17-2011, 03:45 PM
WOW, look who is leading among the GOP candidates! A guy who gets his talking points from Ron Paul, yet is anything but a smaller government, balanced buget politician. Looks more to me like a double-talking big spender with a bad toupe;-)

From 2001 to 2010, Texas' state debt under Perry grew from $13.4 billion to $37.8 billion , according to the Texas Bond Review Board, Rick Perry increase the state debt over the last decade (182.1%)
Compared to federal debt over the entire Bush administra­tion and Obama as of today, 8/12/11 (Increase 152.9%)

Perry has a worse track record and when one considers over the last decade he got 20 billion from Washington in regular transfer payments (which don't need to be paid back), and from Obama's stimulus program added an additional 24 billion to Texas. So Texas under Perry borrowed 24.4 billion (which has to be paid back) and received 44 billion from the federal government­.

Now to put this in its proper context of the Texas Miracle. Rick Perry is said to have created 800,000 jobs, but if we look at the amount of money he spent, 68.4 billion, that is a cost per job of $85,500. That is a great deal of money for low paying jobs with no benefits.

BonMallari
08-17-2011, 04:04 PM
WOW, look who is leading among the GOP candidates! A guy who gets his talking points from Ron Paul, yet is anything but a smaller government, balanced buget politician. Looks more to me like a double-talking big spender with a bad toupe;-)

From 2001 to 2010, Texas' state debt under Perry grew from $13.4 billion to $37.8 billion , according to the Texas Bond Review Board, Rick Perry increase the state debt over the last decade (182.1%)
Compared to federal debt over the entire Bush administra*tion and Obama as of today, 8/12/11 (Increase 152.9%)

Perry has a worse track record and when one considers over the last decade he got 20 billion from Washington in regular transfer payments (which don't need to be paid back), and from Obama's stimulus program added an additional 24 billion to Texas. So Texas under Perry borrowed 24.4 billion (which has to be paid back) and received 44 billion from the federal government*.

Now to put this in its proper context of the Texas Miracle. Rick Perry is said to have created 800,000 jobs, but if we look at the amount of money he spent, 68.4 billion, that is a cost per job of $85,500. That is a great deal of money for low paying jobs with no benefits.

Leading...leading in what..the pre season polls...the game hasn't even started yet...the Iowa straw poll is NOT the pulse of nation...talk to me after the first Super Tuesday and see who has actual delegates...there is still a possibility of Ryan, Christie,Guliani and......you know who possibly getting into the race....this is like being Sports Illustrated pick to win the Nat Champion before one down is played...lets settle it at the ballot box not a stupid poll

Franco
08-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Leading...leading in what..the pre season polls...the game hasn't even started yet...the Iowa straw poll is NOT the pulse of nation...talk to me after the first Super Tuesday and see who has actual delegates...there is still a possibility of Ryan, Christie,Guliani and......you know who possibly getting into the race....this is like being Sports Illustrated pick to win the Nat Champion before one down is played...lets settle it at the ballot box not a stupid poll

Gov. Rick Perry did not participate in Iowa last weekend! In Iowa, Bachmann barely beat Paul.

But, I do agree that Iowa is not an accurate sample of our total voting population.

The poll that shows Perry with a substanial lead in the GOP race is by UPI (United Press International) and is a nationwide poll.

DODGERFAN175
08-17-2011, 04:25 PM
I think I'd still vote for him over Obama

luvmylabs23139
08-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Anybody but Obama!!!!! It certainly can't be worse!

BonMallari
08-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Gov. Rick Perry did not participate in Iowa last weekend! In Iowa, Bachmann barely beat Paul.

But, I do agree that Iowa is not an accurate sample of our total voting population.

The poll that shows Perry with a substanial lead in the GOP race is by UPI (United Press International) and is a nationwide poll.

and so are these;

FOX News 8/7 - 8/9 21 13 8 7 7 6 5 6 2 2 Romney +8
CNN/Opinion Research 8/5 - 8/7 17 15 12 7 12 12 4 5 4 2 Romney +2
USA Today/Gallup 8/4 - 8/7 24 17 -- 13 -- 14 4 7 2 1 Romney +7
McClatchy/Marist 8/2 - 8/4 21 18 10 8 9 3 6 2 2 3 Romney +3

just goes to show you can subscribe to whatever poll you want to back up your premise, just like a former poster on here could find any article to back up his politically liberal stance

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-1452.html

Franco
08-17-2011, 05:00 PM
and so are these;

just goes to show you can subscribe to whatever poll you want to back up your premise, just like a former poster on here could find any article to back up his politically liberal stance

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-1452.html

Bonn, you are missing the point.

Romney was leading alll the national polls with Bachmann second. Four days after Perry enters the race, he becomes the leading candidate by a large margin.

What does that tell you about what the people think of the GOP field in general?

It tells me that they are either very fickled or very disenchanted with the GOP field.

As much as the RNC has discounted Dr Paul and pumped up everyone else, the people aren't to thrilled with the current options!

huntinman
08-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Surprise, surprise... Franco slamming Republicans:rolleyes:

The one true conservative on POTUS rides again...

Hew
08-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Surprise, surprise... Franco slamming Republicans:rolleyes:

The one true conservative on POTUS rides again...
I'm shocked that "the one true conservative" would post a hit piece from a left-wing swill mill. The ends justify the means, eh?

Franco
08-17-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm shocked that "the one true conservative" would post a hit piece from a left-wing swill mill. The ends justify the means, eh?

So, what are you questioning, the $13.4 billion to $37.8 billion increase in debt or that that Perry grew the state debt over the last decade by 182.1%?

And, I don't just read publications from the right but, most of them for a better view. With the mess BOTH parties have gotten us into, unlike you I am not into drinking the Dems or Repubs koolaide because they have both gotten it wrong!

Eric Johnson
08-17-2011, 09:27 PM
It is true that for all of his conservative beliefs, he signed one of the most restrictive anti-breeding bills to come along recently. How's that being for "less government intervention."

When we see the campaign finance reports, we'll probably find that he's a major recipient of HSUS money. However, that shouldn't surprise us because the reports from his A&M days are that he is always about the cash.

Eric

M&K's Retrievers
08-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Franco, I'm not sure RP could retain his seat when he's up for reelection.

luvmylabs23139
08-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Franco, I'm not sure RP could retain his seat when he's up for reelection.
Ron Paul has said he will not run for congress again.

Buzz
08-17-2011, 10:33 PM
and so are these;

Bon,

You're behind the times with those polls.

Public Policy Polling (8/12-14, Republican primary voters):

Michele Bachmann: 24
Rick Perry: 20
Mitt Romney: 17
Someone else/undecided: 11
Newt Gingrich: 10
Herman Cain: 7
Ron Paul: 6
Tim Pawlenty: 4
Jon Huntsman: 1
(MoE: ±5.2%)

M&K's Retrievers
08-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Ron Paul has said he will not run for congress again.

My point was, he can't win anything much less the nomination. He's too far right and comes across as a nut, not a serious candidate.

RP is the token angry old white guy, Newt is the token pompous ass book writer, Cain is the token Uncle Tom, Romney is the token democrat, Perry is the token Texan and Bachmann is the token female. What a crew. I'm not sure that any of these clowns can beat the current COTUS.

Anyone smart enough to do the job, wouldn't take the job regards,

BonMallari
08-18-2011, 12:06 AM
Bon,

You're behind the times with those polls.

Public Policy Polling (8/12-14, Republican primary voters):

Michele Bachmann: 24
Rick Perry: 20
Mitt Romney: 17
Someone else/undecided: 11
Newt Gingrich: 10
Herman Cain: 7
Ron Paul: 6
Tim Pawlenty: 4
Jon Huntsman: 1
(MoE: ±5.2%)

Thanks for proving my point about being able to find any data to support a particular position...the polls that I quoted were from today's Real Clear Politics website...I even saw some Rasmussen Poll that had even more outlandish numbers that Perry was running away with the nomination..of course Rasmussen Polls also predicted that Angle would beat Reid in NV, and that Whitman would beat Brown in Calif....I like my chances with Ken White and the oddsmakers in Vegas :rolleyes:

road kill
08-18-2011, 05:37 AM
Bonn, you are missing the point.

Romney was leading alll the national polls with Bachmann second. Four days after Perry enters the race, he becomes the leading candidate by a large margin.

What does that tell you about what the people think of the GOP field in general?

It tells me that they are either very fickled or very disenchanted with the GOP field.

As much as the RNC has discounted Dr Paul and pumped up everyone else, the people aren't to thrilled with the current options!

Those polls show me Paul is not on the radar!!!

RK

Hew
08-18-2011, 05:41 AM
So, what are you questioning, the $13.4 billion to $37.8 billion increase in debt or that that Perry grew the state debt over the last decade by 182.1%?
I thought it was pretty clear what I was questioning, but I'll repeat it for you if you somehow missed it. I'm questioning why "the one true conservative" would post a left-wing hit piece in the deluded belief that it somehow makes his candidate of choice look more palatable. Congrats...you have morphed into DNF. ;-)

Franco
08-18-2011, 09:57 AM
I thought it was pretty clear what I was questioning, but I'll repeat it for you if you somehow missed it. I'm questioning why "the one true conservative" would post a left-wing hit piece in the deluded belief that it somehow makes his candidate of choice look more palatable. Congrats...you have morphed into DNF. ;-)

I'll take that as a compliment since DNF probably has the highest educational level on POTUS being a doctor(MD) and a solid family man!

And, y'all ran him off since he is a Conservative as opposed to being an extreme right-winged zealot! The New Conservatives, hell bent on giving Obama the 2012 election!

road kill
08-18-2011, 10:09 AM
I'll take that as a compliment since DNF probably has the highest educational level on POTUS being a doctor(MD) and a solid family man! YEP, we am un edumacated heathen what can barely care for our chilluns'!!
And, y'all ran him off Noone ran anyone off, he cut and ran since he is a Conservative as opposed to being an extreme right-winged zealot! The New Conservatives, WHAT?? hell bent on giving Obama the 2012 election!

WOW!!!! :shock:

RK

huntinman
08-18-2011, 10:21 AM
I'll take that as a compliment since DNF probably has the highest educational level on POTUS being a doctor(MD) and a solid family man!

And, y'all ran him off since he is a Conservative as opposed to being an extreme right-winged zealot! The New Conservatives, hell bent on giving Obama the 2012 election!

Franco now owns the award for the dumbest damn post ever made on POTUS...hands down.

The only true conservative on POTUS, is the founder of the DNF777 fan club. Sheesh!

road kill
08-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Hmmmmmmm......

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2011/08/bushs-crew-gunning-rick-perry/41383/

RK

BonMallari
08-18-2011, 02:18 PM

ARE YOU KIDDING ME...SERIOUSLY...I wont speak ill of someone who isnt around to defend themselves, but you have morphed into an idealogue,and chastize the rest of us as if you are above it all. I consider myself very tolerant of most views that dont mirror my own, both politically, socially, and in the dog training world....but if you want to put me in the right wing zealot category, go right ahead because I am sure that I would have some darn fine company of both men and women on here that I would gladly like to spend time with training dogs and talking politics

Franco
08-18-2011, 02:28 PM
WOW!!!! :shock:

RK

He actually got tired of all the personal insults which is what some here on POTUS resort to because they can articulate thier position.

I don't blame him one bit because why would anyone want to spend time writing thier opinion when several here can only sling insults?

If an educated person has a different opinion than mine, I respect thier opinion. I may not agree but I respect the difference. But when you get a few on here that I doubt have more than a high school education that can only write insults, I give him credit for spending his time somewhere else!

huntinman
08-18-2011, 02:39 PM
He actually got tired of all the personal insults which is what some here on POTUS resort to because they can articulate thier position.

I don't blame him one bit because why would anyone want to spend time writing thier opinion when several here can only sling insults?

If an educated person has a different opinion than mine, I respect thier opinion. I may not agree but I respect the difference. But when you get a few on here that I doubt have more than a high school education that can only write insults, I give him credit for spending his time somewhere else!

I graduated from the 6th grade... It was the hardest 12 years of my life;)

charly_t
08-18-2011, 02:43 PM

I have met plenty of people who only have a high school education who knew more that the "elite" of higher education. Some people just can't reason things out very well including the well educated ( on here ). If you or anyone else fails to see how some posters on here talk down to others on here then you have a comprehension problem. When dished back it gets those "elite" people mad...........sorry but that's how I see it. Now I will take my high school diploma and give it a rest for a while. Hope to see your posts later today because I do value them but not above many others on here.

Franco
08-18-2011, 03:20 PM
I have met plenty of people who only have a high school education who knew more that the "elite" of higher education. Some people just can't reason things out very well including the well educated ( on here ). If you or anyone else fails to see how some posters on here talk down to others on here then you have a comprehension problem. When dished back it gets those "elite" people mad...........sorry but that's how I see it. Now I will take my high school diploma and give it a rest for a while. Hope to see your posts later today because I do value them but not above many others on here.

I am well aware of the differences between "education" and "common sense". Some have both and some have one and others have neither. But, when you see a person like him that goes to length in writing his opionions, only to see some on here that if you were to look at thier "body of post" are only capable of slinging insults, then I can understand why he would depart.

Some of the smartest people I know don't have a formal education. Some of the most talented dogs have never been formally trained. But most educated folks are capable of putting thoughts into writing as opposed to just insulting those they disagree with. What is most distrubing is that these people call themselves Conservative. That lable use to carry a certain distinction but, not on POTUS!

dback
08-18-2011, 03:34 PM
The little ole christian school education I've got would barely qualify above HS as they failed to even offer "Curtsy to Ivy Leaguers 101". I don't know many Rebs that have taken that course, do the 'Ragin' Cajuns offer it on-line? I'd certainly like to continue my education cause if Dave was 'the Way & the Light' ........ I see a "re-education" center in my future.

Franco
08-18-2011, 03:55 PM
The little ole christian school education I've got would barely qualify above HS as they failed to even offer "Curtsy to Ivy Leaguers 101". I don't know many Rebs that have taken that course, do the 'Ragin' Cajuns offer it on-line? I'd certainly like to continue my education cause if Dave was 'the Way & the Light' ........ I see a "re-education" center in my future.

Ha ha dback, go ahead and lets not talk college football conferences:)

Never said he was the Way & the Light. He and I disagreed about the roll of Public Unions and workers unions in general as well as other topics. But, he didn't toss personal insults with the people he disagreed with.

Debate 101 regards,

dback
08-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Just to be up front with you Franco. I have been around here for about 5 yrs now (I think) and have always held you in the highest of regards......have no intention of changing that. One of the main reasons for that admiration (if you will) has not been that I necessarily always agree with you but rather your ability to refrain from personal insults. I actually liked Dave, we shared a number of very cordial PMs though I usually gigged him for either his liberal lean or propensity for posting. I rarely responded to him on the open forum. A short search will disprove your assertion that he did not participate in a few personal insults himself. Debate would be whether or not he was goaded into their use or was he the 'goador' by use of the naivete' card you appeared to have used on HEW. Either way, suggesting the value of ones opinion be scored by their education level would qualify as a fairly nasty insult in my book......would have too believe doubly so for a 'good ole southern boy'.

Mike Smith
08-18-2011, 05:17 PM
I particular like that a Ron Paul supporter paid for an ad asking for any female that had sex with Rick Perry, including Boston????????????
C'mon Man

Franco
08-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Just to be up front with you Franco. I have been around here for about 5 yrs now (I think) and have always held you in the highest of regards......have no intention of changing that. One of the main reasons for that admiration (if you will) has not been that I necessarily always agree with you but rather your ability to refrain from personal insults. I actually liked Dave, we shared a number of very cordial PMs though I usually gigged him for either his liberal lean or propensity for posting. I rarely responded to him on the open forum. A short search will disprove your assertion that he did not participate in a few personal insults himself. Debate would be whether or not he was goaded into their use or was he the 'goador' by use of the naivete' card you appeared to have used on HEW. Either way, suggesting the value of ones opinion be scored by their education level would qualify as a fairly nasty insult in my book......would have too believe doubly so for a 'good ole southern boy'.

Well, if they were able to give an opinion as opposed to just calling people names, you would be on target.

As I've written on this thread, I am addressing those with low intellect that basically only have negative comments and can't articulate an intelligent responce. I don't have to agree with them but those that try the bullying are in my opionion, stupid!

For that reason I have two folks on "ignore". If someone doesn't like my post they are free to ignore me as well. ;-)

dback
08-18-2011, 09:14 PM
I haven't made a decision on any of the litter at this point but I will admit I have been interested in more of what Cain has had to say. Doesn't look like he will have much of an opportunity however.

I've never placed anyone on my 'ignore' list......least of all you Franco. After all, many years ago, you were the first to come to my rescue on a CFB thread when I was in the final death throes while in the tentacled grasp of the vile Ogre HEW.

M&K's Retrievers
08-18-2011, 09:53 PM

I am well aware of the differences between "education" and "common sense". Some have both and some have one and others have neither. But, when you see a person like him that goes to length in writing his opionions, only to see some on here that if you were to look at thier "body of post" are only capable of slinging insults, then I can understand why he would depart.

[QUOTE=Franco;841290]

As I've written on this thread, I am addressing those with low intellect that basically only have negative comments and can't articulate an intelligent responce. I don't have to agree with them but those that try the bullying are in my opionion, stupid!

For that reason I have two folks on "ignore". If someone doesn't like my post they are free to ignore me as well. ;-)

I've been watching you misspell "their" repeatedly for over 2 years. Not once but every time. Surely someone as wise as you can figure out spell check works or for that matter know how to spell "their" after high school and college.

Do us all a favor and stop touting how brilliant you are while telling us how stupid we are.

Give us a break regards,

Franco
08-18-2011, 09:57 PM
I haven't made a decision on any of the litter at this point but I will admit I have been interested in more of what Cain has had to say. Doesn't look like he will have much of an opportunity however.

I've never placed anyone on my 'ignore' list......least of all you Franco. After all, many years ago, you were the first to come to my rescue on a CFB thread when I was in the final death throes while in the tentacled grasp of the vile Ogre HEW.

My second choice would be Christie who may be forced to run;-)

Duck season opens Sept 3rd in Dallas. Les Miles has a lot invested in QB Jefferson. The kid has been starting since he was a true Freshman. I've been critical of him in the past so I hope he makes me eat my words. If the Tigers don't win the SEC, the heat may be too much for Coach Miles.

How about the Little League World Series tonight from Williamsburg, Pa? SW La. beat favored SE Ga. A 12 year old in the neighborhood played so everyone watched the game on ESPN!

dback
08-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Duck season opens Sept 3rd in Dallas. Les Miles has a lot invested in QB Jefferson. The kid has been starting since he was a true Freshman. I've been critical of him in the past so I hope he makes me eat my words. If the Tigers don't win the SEC, the heat may be too much for Coach Miles.

I really haven't got a front runner yet.....they've all got 'pros' and 'cons' in my book.

I'm pretty curious to see what kind of squad the Ducks field this year....also want to see LSU's QB, seems to be some hype around him this year. Hopefully we'll get a respite from the verbal barrage of 'Gator Nation' for at least one season :-)

road kill
08-19-2011, 05:21 AM
My second choice would be Christie who may be forced to run;-)

How about the Little League World Series tonight from Williamsburg, Pa? SW La. beat favored SE Ga. A 12 year old in the neighborhood played so everyone watched the game on ESPN!

Franco,
I can understand why you are following LL baseball and College football.

Milwaukee Brewers and Green Bay Packers regards!!;)

(you may want to keep an eye on the Badgers as well)

RK

Franco
08-19-2011, 06:03 AM
Franco,
I can understand why you are following LL baseball and College football.

Milwaukee Brewers and Green Bay Packers regards!!;)

(you may want to keep an eye on the Badgers as well)

RK

RK, you don't actually think the Packers are going to win Sept 8th in the season opener, do you? :p

I know that road teams are 0 - 7 for the Thursday night season opener. But, the last time our teams met the Packers came in with the #1 rated Pass Defense and the Krewe de Drew still hung 51 points on the Packers! Our Wide Receivers and Running Backs were doing Fleur de Leaps into the Endzone;-)

This ain't the Falcons y'all are getting ready to play!

road kill
08-19-2011, 06:18 AM
RK, you don't actually think the Packers are going to win Sept 8th in the season opener, do you? :p

I know that road teams are 0 - 7 for the Thursday night season opener. But, the last time our teams met the Packers came in with the #1 rated Pass Defense and the Krewe de Drew still hung 51 points on the Packers! Our Wide Receivers and Running Backs were doing Fleur de Leaps into the Endzone;-)

This ain't the Falcons y'all are getting ready to play!
No, the Falcons look real good this year, so I know we ain't playin' them.;)

For the first time EVER the Badgers have a QB.
A transfer from NC State.
Wilson.
Real athletic kid that can throw.

Ready to get this thing rollin'.

RK

(I have NO idea how the season is gonna start with the late camps and signings and such)

Jacob Hawkes
08-20-2011, 10:22 AM

Nationwide? Who exactly are the individuals being polled? Can anybody name 1 single person in this "Nationwide poll"?

I'm not a Perry fan (Let's be honest here, Bachmann is a damn joke with zero experience that matters. Everything she "fought" for was over run like the Iraqi forces in Desert Storm.) but if you think Obama is this unbeatable force, then I think you're out of touch with Americana.

duk4me
08-20-2011, 03:56 PM
I graduated from the 6th grade... It was the hardest 12 years of my life;)

Somehow that doesnt surprise me.:p:p:p:p

huntinman
08-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Somehow that doesnt surprise me.:p:p:p:p

So, what you are saying is that you have been admiring my intellectual prowess all along? I don't blame you, I amaze myself at times...:cool:

steve hoppas
08-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Well hopefully the Country will see the light and vote Perry in, getting that idoit Obama out of Office. Cut welfare, food stamps and foreign Aid and not just balance the budget, But hey here's a navel concept how about pay OFF the debt.

dback
08-21-2011, 05:28 PM
here's a navel concept

Been awhile......but I always enjoyed em when I had em :-)

Use em or lose em regards

BonMallari
08-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Well hopefully the Country will see the light and vote Perry in, getting that idoit Obama out of Office. Cut welfare, food stamps and foreign Aid and not just balance the budget, But hey here's a navel concept how about pay OFF the debt.

I hope you realize that Perry may/may not be the answer, but that a majority in the Senate and retaining the edge in the House along with recapturing the WH will go a long way in reversing many failed policies...even better would be to give some long term career politicians on both sides of the aisle their retirement into the private sector ...more of the Marco Rubio and Rand Paul types and less of the Lindsey Graham-John McCain types

Uncle Bill
08-21-2011, 07:04 PM
I hope you realize that Perry may/may not be the answer, but that a majority in the Senate and retaining the edge in the House along with recapturing the WH will go a long way in reversing many failed policies...even better would be to give some long term career politicians on both sides of the aisle their retirement into the private sector ...more of the Marco Rubio and Rand Paul types and less of the Lindsey Graham-John McCain types

That works for me. Anyone but Obama, and his oligarchy. Getting rid of some of those relics in the Senate would also be a necessity.

One thing Perry has going for him is his "looking Presidential". And please pass on to your buddy Franco, that attempting to spread a lie about him, such as he wears a toupe, only lessens our belief in Franco knowing what he's talking about. Seems like such a stretch for a follower of one candidate to have to resort to starting a rumor in order to run down someone, in hopes it will make his candidate look larger.

UB

huntinman
08-21-2011, 07:44 PM
That works for me. Anyone but Obama, and his oligarchy. Getting rid of some of those relics in the Senate would also be a necessity.

One thing Perry has going for him is his "looking Presidential". And please pass on to your buddy Franco, that attempting to spread a lie about him, such as he wears a toupe, only lessens our belief in Franco knowing what he's talking about. Seems like such a stretch for a follower of one candidate to have to resort to starting a rumor in order to run down someone, in hopes it will make his candidate look larger.

UB

Could it get any lower after the last couple of months of Ron Paul blather?

Franco
08-22-2011, 08:36 AM

UB

If that's not a toupe then I suggest he finds a new barber! Helmet hair went out in the 80's, just ask former coach Jimmy Johnson.

Ron Paul doesn't need to look larger, the two poll leading GOP candidates are stealing RP's talking points regarding the Federal Reserve.

duckdawg27
08-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Yes Anyone but Obama however,
The Texas Governor signed this bill into law. I know of at least two dog trainers in Texas who say this is the end of their business. Any trainers/ breeders from Texas care to comment on this?

http://www.akc.org/news/index.cfm?article_id=3790
http://www.animallawcoalition.com/companion-animal-breeding/article/1707

The current Administration and current Congress must realize a large portion of the American people are fed up with high taxes, big government, and obtrusive government meddling in the private lives of people, business, and the economy. The American people want lower taxes, lower government spending, and smaller government.
Gov. R. Perry

Seems to be saying what I want to hear but does not seem to know what it means or how to implements it in his home state.

I like Perry in general but I suppose its like every other time...will be voting for the lesser of two evils.

charly_t
08-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Yes Anyone but Obama however,
The Texas Governor signed this bill into law. I know of at least two dog trainers in Texas who say this is the end of their business. Any trainers/ breeders from Texas care to comment on this?

http://www.akc.org/news/index.cfm?article_id=3790
http://www.animallawcoalition.com/companion-animal-breeding/article/1707

The current Administration and current Congress must realize a large portion of the American people are fed up with high taxes, big government, and obtrusive government meddling in the private lives of people, business, and the economy. The American people want lower taxes, lower government spending, and smaller government.
Gov. R. Perry

Seems to be saying what I want to hear but does not seem to know what it means or how to implements it in his home state.

I like Perry in general but I suppose its like every other time...will be voting for the lesser of two evils.

I have not read the articles that you have provided the links to. I have read many others. I am not in Texas nor am I from TX ( lived there only briefly ). All that said I have one thing to say .....( my thoughts are ) He was being influenced by outside interests as were elected people in OK who passed our recent bill. Now if he was influenced that time by outside interests what next. Who does he listen to......uummmmm. The elected OKies listened to outside interests big time. We OK dog breeders were ignored but the out of state people got treated to a "luncheon" etc. I read. That is not someone that I would want in the White House nor anywhere else that he might sell us out.

2tall
08-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Perry listens to them wut paid him. Slickest, greasiest hack to emerge from the pack so far. Welcome to him GOPS.
High school drop out regards.....

charly_t
08-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Perry listens to them wut paid him. Slickest, greasiest hack to emerge from the pack so far. Welcome to him GOPS.
High school drop out regards.....

We have had more than our share of that kind in OK politics. You know it really bothers me when people start using their christianity to try to get elected and I hear that he is doing that............my question is.......do
you think he has done that or is now doing that ?

Franco
08-22-2011, 04:12 PM
We have had more than our share of that kind in OK politics. You know it really bothers me when people start using their christianity to try to get elected and I hear that he is doing that............my question is.......do
you think he has done that or is now doing that ?

I think Dr Ed A is on the mark about Gov. Perry

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/21/us/politics/21donate.html?_r=3&emc=eta1

DODGERFAN175
08-22-2011, 04:33 PM
I think Dr Ed A is on the mark about Gov. Perry

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/21/us/politics/21donate.html?_r=3&emc=eta1

"You scratch my back I'll scratch yours." That's the way it is in politics, all levels all parties. It's not about to change anytime soon, that I can promise.

Uncle Bill
08-23-2011, 02:30 PM
It happens at all levels. As bad as Steve Wynn dislikes Obama NOW, he voted for him in '08. And despite all the Tea Party involvement in attempting to get rid of Dingy Harry, Wynn voted FOR him because he was "good for business". That probably won't change much. And if you intend to wait for a candidate with zero baggage, you'll be sitting on that dotted line until you get runover.

UB

EdA
08-24-2011, 11:17 AM
I continue to hear that Governor Perry has created an enormous number of new jobs, well 47% of those were a result of Federal stimulus money. Many of the others were not of his doing. Our oil and gas industry is booming which creates many jobs and the byproduct of those jobs are minimum wage service industry jobs and construction jobs. The higher paying ones have for the most part been the result of corporate relocations due to our business friendly tax structure, factors which he did not contribute to and factors which will not work on a National basis.

Here are a series of reviews of our state problems, while he would like to portray himself as a fiscal conservative his record does not support that. In a state whose public schools rank among the worst in the nation his solution to our budget crisis was to severely cut funding to education.

And for those who say Texas has no state income tax, wrong, we have no personal state income tax, instead we have a corporate franchise tax which Governor Perry proposed and backed.

One of his pet projects was by an executive order in 2007 to require all school age females to be vaccinated against the human pappiloma virus with Gardisil. If a Democrat had proposed such a policy the public outcry would have been deafening.
http://www.opednews.com/articles/Rick-Perry--Big-Pharma-p-by-Natural-News-110823-50.html

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2011/08/analyzing-rick-perrys-record-texas-transportation-needs-left-behind/

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2011/08/analyzing-rick-perry%E2%80%99s-record-health-care-falters-in-state/

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2011/08/analyzing-rick-perry%E2%80%99s-record-water-woes-could-cost-texas/

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2011/08/analyzing-rick-perry%E2%80%99s-record-education-cuts-perry-record-will-draw-campaign-scrutiny/

huntinman
08-24-2011, 12:04 PM
I continue to hear that Governor Perry has created an enormous number of new jobs, well 47% of those were a result of Federal stimulus money. Many of the others were not of his doing. Our oil and gas industry is booming which creates many jobs and the byproduct of those jobs are minimum wage service industry jobs and construction jobs. The higher paying ones have for the most part been the result of corporate relocations due to our business friendly tax structure, factors which he did not contribute to and factors which will not work on a National basis.

Here are a series of reviews of our state problems, while he would like to portray himself as a fiscal conservative his record does not support that. In a state whose public schools rank among the worst in the nation his solution to our budget crisis was to severely cut funding to education.

And for those who say Texas has no state income tax, wrong, we have no personal state income tax, instead we have a corporate franchise tax which Governor Perry proposed and backed.

One of his pet projects was by an executive order in 2007 to require all school age females to be vaccinated against the human pappiloma virus with Gardisil. If a Democrat had proposed such a policy the public outcry would have been deafening.
http://www.opednews.com/articles/Rick-Perry--Big-Pharma-p-by-Natural-News-110823-50.html

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2011/08/analyzing-rick-perrys-record-texas-transportation-needs-left-behind/

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2011/08/analyzing-rick-perry%E2%80%99s-record-health-care-falters-in-state/

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2011/08/analyzing-rick-perry%E2%80%99s-record-water-woes-could-cost-texas/

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2011/08/analyzing-rick-perry%E2%80%99s-record-education-cuts-perry-record-will-draw-campaign-scrutiny/

I call BS on the claim of the stimulus creating 47% of the jobs in TX. If it worked so well there, why did it not create jobs anywhere else in the country? I don't know much about the Gov. But I do know BS when I read it. Who do you support for the upcoming election? Don't tell me you want more of Obama...

Well...?

Hew
08-24-2011, 12:09 PM

Oh, well if OpEdNews.com says so... Afterall, they describe themselves as "Progressive * Tough * Liberal" so it's gotta be true, right?

Another day, another hit piece on Perry. <<yaaaaaaaaawn>>

EdA
08-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Oh, well if OpEdNews.com says so... Afterall, they describe themselves as "Progressive * Tough * Liberal" so it's gotta be true, right?

Another day, another hit piece on Perry. <<yaaaaaaaaawn>>

like this one better?

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/5546651.html

road kill
08-24-2011, 12:56 PM
I call BS on the claim of the stimulus creating 47% of the jobs in TX. If it worked so well there, why did it not create jobs anywhere else in the country? I don't know much about the Gov. But I do know BS when I read it. Who do you support for the upcoming election? Don't tell me you want more of Obama...

Well...?

It did not work in TX and it did not work nationally.
To state that it did eliminates any doubt where the poster is coming from.

huntinman, as usual you are spot on.;-)

The progressives are scared of Perry, or any one that is not indoctrinated with the Harvard progressive slant.

Based on the people that dislike Governor Perry, I like him more & more every day!!!

RK

Hew
08-24-2011, 01:09 PM
like this one better?

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/5546651.html
It's certainly more fair and pertenent (well, as pertenent as a nearly 5 year old article can be) than the original link.

huntinman
08-24-2011, 01:12 PM
It's certainly more fair and pertenent (well, as pertenent as a nearly 5 year old article can be) than the original link.

The Gov. has stepped away from that immunization proposal as has been reported on national news programs.

Uncle Bill
08-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Just trying to understand what we are supposed to believe, Ed. While I have the greatest of admiration for you, I find once again I'm pretty much sideways with your political views.

Is this news story a falsehood also? Are you a proponent of the MSP? Or does this story indicate the MSP is another form of bullshit peddling? Don't you see them publishing anything that puts the best light on their chosen one? This is how I see it.

In the MSP eyes, if you don't have the correct facts, just lie so your story sez what you want it to say, so you can sway the readers views to your way of thinking.

OR, the other way of looking at it, anytime your ordained POTUS is made to look pathetic by a lowly Governor, the MSP will do anything...and lying comes so easy...we need to help him cover his ass.

Rick Perry A Hypocrite On Government Job Growth?
Rob Port • August 22, 2011

“Perry says the ‘Texas miracle’ rests on conservative pillars that he would bring to the White House: minimal regulation and government, low taxes and a determination to limit the reach of Uncle Sam,” wrote the Washington Post on Sunday. “What he does not say is that much of that job growth has come because of government, not in spite of it.”

That doesn’t seem to match up with actual BLS figures, which show that while Texas’ private sector jobs grew the percentage of government-funded jobs in the state actually declined:

Between December 2000 when Perry became governor (replacing George W. Bush who had been elected president) and July 2011, the latest month on record, the number of nonfarm civilian employees in Texas grew from approximately 9,563,500 to 10,619,800, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

That means approximately 1,056,300 new nonfarm civilian jobs have been created in Texas during the time Perry has been governor.

That contrasts with a national decline in jobs of approximately 1,295,000 during the same period, according to BLS data.

Of the 1,056,300 new nonfarm civilian jobs created in Texas since December 2000, according to the BLS, 280,400 have been government jobs (including local, state and federal jobs) and 775,900 have been private-sector jobs. That means 73.5 percent of the new jobs created in Texas since Perry became governor have been private-sector jobs.

Meanwhile, from the 2000 Census to the 2010 Census, according to the Census Bureau, the population of Texas grew from 20,851,818 to 25,145,561. The 1,574,700 civilian government workers in Texas in December 2000 (as reported by BLS) equaled one government worker for every 13.2417 people in the state. The 1,855,100 civilian government workers in Texas in July 2011 equaled one government worker for every 13.5548 people in the state.

That means the number of people per government worker in Texas has increased by about a third of a person (0.313) since Perry became governor.

In other words, Texas has been growing the private sector not the government sector unlike the national trend which has been just the opposite with the government sector getting bigger while the private sector gets smaller.

That should be what America wants.

UB

EdA
08-24-2011, 02:04 PM
The Gov. has stepped away from that immunization proposal as has been reported on national news programs.

stepped away?...he admitted 4 years later that it was a "mistake" because it was creating negative publicity for him

huntinman
08-24-2011, 02:16 PM
stepped away?...he admitted 4 years later that it was a "mistake" because it was creating negative publicity for him

Still waiting on an answer to my earlier question. Who do you support in the election?

EdA
08-24-2011, 02:18 PM
Just trying to understand what we are supposed to believe, Ed.

Believe that he is just another self serving politician, a professional one who changed parties to further his political career, he is not the savior some wish him to be and I believe as he continues to be scrutinized he will become unelectable as none other than Karl Rove recently stated.

Unfortunately the "Texas miracle" which we hear about hasn't reached me or anyone I know very well. If you have lots of money and cozy up to him and his cronies expect political favors, if you are just an ordinary working man or woman believe that Rick Perry thinks that he is better than you and you do not matter.

Hell, he wasn't even smart enough to become a veterinarian, his chosen major, because he could not pass organic chemistry in the pre professional curriculum. An Aggie cheerleader with a startling C average in college majoring in animal science. Not many really big job opportunities there so the next best thing, politics!

EdA
08-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Still waiting on an answer to my earlier question. Who do you support in the election?

what election?....do we have a candidate yet?

huntinman
08-24-2011, 02:20 PM
what election?....do we have a candidate yet?

I do...anyone but Obama... you?

EdA
08-24-2011, 02:32 PM
I do...anyone but Obama... you?

If the Republicans trot out Rick Perry I will vote for neither major party candidate, guess it will be a write-in, a Libertarian, or I will just stay home.

caryalsobrook
08-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Just trying to understand what we are supposed to believe, Ed. While I have the greatest of admiration for you, I find once again I'm pretty much sideways with your political views.

Is this news story a falsehood also? Are you a proponent of the MSP? Or does this story indicate the MSP is another form of bullshit peddling? Don't you see them publishing anything that puts the best light on their chosen one? This is how I see it.

In the MSP eyes, if you don't have the correct facts, just lie so your story sez what you want it to say, so you can sway the readers views to your way of thinking.

OR, the other way of looking at it, anytime your ordained POTUS is made to look pathetic by a lowly Governor, the MSP will do anything...and lying comes so easy...we need to help him cover his ass.

Rick Perry A Hypocrite On Government Job Growth?
Rob Port • August 22, 2011

“Perry says the ‘Texas miracle’ rests on conservative pillars that he would bring to the White House: minimal regulation and government, low taxes and a determination to limit the reach of Uncle Sam,” wrote the Washington Post on Sunday. “What he does not say is that much of that job growth has come because of government, not in spite of it.”

That doesn’t seem to match up with actual BLS figures, which show that while Texas’ private sector jobs grew the percentage of government-funded jobs in the state actually declined:

Between December 2000 when Perry became governor (replacing George W. Bush who had been elected president) and July 2011, the latest month on record, the number of nonfarm civilian employees in Texas grew from approximately 9,563,500 to 10,619,800, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

That means approximately 1,056,300 new nonfarm civilian jobs have been created in Texas during the time Perry has been governor.

That contrasts with a national decline in jobs of approximately 1,295,000 during the same period, according to BLS data.

Of the 1,056,300 new nonfarm civilian jobs created in Texas since December 2000, according to the BLS, 280,400 have been government jobs (including local, state and federal jobs) and 775,900 have been private-sector jobs. That means 73.5 percent of the new jobs created in Texas since Perry became governor have been private-sector jobs.

Meanwhile, from the 2000 Census to the 2010 Census, according to the Census Bureau, the population of Texas grew from 20,851,818 to 25,145,561. The 1,574,700 civilian government workers in Texas in December 2000 (as reported by BLS) equaled one government worker for every 13.2417 people in the state. The 1,855,100 civilian government workers in Texas in July 2011 equaled one government worker for every 13.5548 people in the state.

That means the number of people per government worker in Texas has increased by about a third of a person (0.313) since Perry became governor.

In other words, Texas has been growing the private sector not the government sector unlike the national trend which has been just the opposite with the government sector getting bigger while the private sector gets smaller.

That should be what America wants.

UB

EdA, I will be the first to admit that I know little about Rick Perry. but with all due respect, I learned even less about him from your post. More important would be his RECORD as govenor of Texas. First and foremost, if he has used his office to protect individual freedoms, limited government and instituted policies stimulating economic growth, not whether he pased organic chemistry or was a C student. In fact statistics say that generally D students make up the bulk of successfuf businessmen and women.

Hell, I had much better than a C average and what did that get me? It made me a dentist with all the warts and agravation that go with it. Not only that but a profesion that has the highest suicide rate of any.

Changing parties? i even voted for Lyndon Johnson instead of Barry Goldwater(i listened to the war mongering tripe handed out), and that had to be the dumbest vote I ever cast.

What i do initially like about Rick Perry is that he speaks freely and lets the chips fall where they may. No political correctness or worries about being called a racist. I don't know if he will be my choice but I will listen to him and try to learn ACTUAL FACTS about his govership.

come up with those then I would love to read your posts.

OOps meant to quote EdA post

EdA
08-24-2011, 05:27 PM
EdA, I will be the first to admit that I know little about Rick Perry. but with all due respect, I learned even less about him from your post.

I guess you did not read any of these links. Did you know that he made a speech advocating secession and then screamed bloody murder for Federal assistance when portions of West Texas were ravaged by wildfires?

And of course his famous speech accusing the Chairman of the Federal Reserve of "treasonous acts" which brought the condemnation of both Democrat and Republican.

He goes from starched collar to down home good old boy depending on his audience

Yep, he pretty much says what's on his mind, just the kind of loose cannon who I want to have the keys to the nuclear arsenal.....

If you wish to learn about his governorship it is not difficult, there's plenty of information available.

Hew
08-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Hell, he wasn't even smart enough to become a veterinarian, his chosen major, because he could not pass organic chemistry in the pre professional curriculum. An Aggie cheerleader with a startling C average in college majoring in animal science. Not many really big job opportunities there so the next best thing, politics!
That poor dunce. I'm glad he was able to at least drool his way through Air Force flight school and then mark his X on his officer commission paperwork. As Judge Smails might say, "The world needs ditch diggers and Air Force officers, too."

huntinman
08-24-2011, 06:17 PM
I guess you did not read any of these links. Did you know that he made a speech advocating secession and then screamed bloody murder for Federal assistance when portions of West Texas were ravaged by wildfires?

And of course his famous speech accusing the Chairman of the Federal Reserve of "treasonous acts" which brought the condemnation of both Democrat and Republican.

He goes from starched collar to down home good old boy depending on his audience

Yep, he pretty much says what's on his mind, just the kind of loose cannon who I want to have the keys to the nuclear arsenal.....

If you wish to learn about his governorship it is not difficult, there's plenty of information available.

Musta beat your horse in a race or two:rolleyes:

DODGERFAN175
08-24-2011, 07:56 PM
If the Republicans trot out Rick Perry I will vote for neither major party candidate, guess it will be a write-in, a Libertarian, or I will just stay home.

If your waiting for the perfect candidate then you'll never vote for the rest of your life. Every single time that you and I and the rest of us have voted we're just voting for the lesser of two evils.

dback
08-24-2011, 08:33 PM

Down right sinful.......a state wanting some of their own tax dollars back to help with a disaster.....maybe it never dawned on anyone that, were they to secede...... they'd retain those dollars in their own treasury.

"Printing more money to play politics at this particular time in American history is almost treasonous in my opinion."

Thought I'd help you out with the actual quote rather then a snippet....little harder to find fault with when you read the entire thing. And....it wasn't a 'famous speech'.....it was a response to a reporters question about the Federal Reserve.

Say it ain't so.......
http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5966&stc=1&d=1314233586

I wonder when exactly it was that 'double speak' became admirable while straight forwardness was a trait to be chided.

That will certainly be a refreshing change.

Just a guess on my part but I'm thinking this'll really chap your arse http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/24/7461961-perry-the-new-frontrunner

Uncle Bill
08-25-2011, 09:42 AM
Believe that he is just another self serving politician, a professional one who changed parties to further his political career, he is not the savior some wish him to be and I believe as he continues to be scrutinized he will become unelectable as none other than Karl Rove recently stated.

Unfortunately the "Texas miracle" which we hear about hasn't reached me or anyone I know very well. If you have lots of money and cozy up to him and his cronies expect political favors, if you are just an ordinary working man or woman believe that Rick Perry thinks that he is better than you and you do not matter.

Reckon he's just another dumb Texas Cowboy, of which this country has had it's fair share.:rolleyes:

I'm surprised you can find zero redeeming values in this man. Please tell me if the tort reform he signed into law had any effect on your profession, or was it just the human doctors that reaped the savings in insurance? Do vets have any concerns about high insurance premiums for protection against frivolous lawsuits? If so, it would seem that bill would be something you would welcome.

Obviously the old addage of familiarity breeding contempt is quite accurate in this case. I'm sorry his circle hasn't included any of your friends, and I'm not sure what you expected FROM him in the way of favors. I guess I can't find any 'favors' sent my way from the past two governors of Sodak either, but that hasn't caused me to poor mouth them and what they have accomplished for the state. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

You have one of the all-time super Libertarians from your home state in the mix. Why haven't you teamed up with Franco in championing his efforts to win the primary?

As to your stand on NOT voteing should you not have the 'perfect' candidate running against Obama, that quite frankly floors me. What you can find of a redeeming nature in this current oligarchy to make you protest ANYONE that might oppose him, is beyond the pale. Should that view prevail, and Obama get back in, you can kiss this nation as we now know it goodby. There is no way in hell we can survive another 4 years of this governance, and you know it.

UB

duk4me
08-25-2011, 04:11 PM
er.....he did shoot a coyote one time.:rolleyes:

huntinman
08-25-2011, 04:18 PM
er.....he did shoot a coyote one time.:rolleyes:

good, we have plenty here that need killing. Shot at one in my back yard last week, but missed...

caryalsobrook
08-25-2011, 05:36 PM

Yes, I read your links but I guess I just didn't have the same opnion of the that you did.

First, let's take the treason statement concerning the Fed. Chairman. I believe I have heard people saying something to the effect that is anyone killed their dog, IT WOULD BE THE SAME AS MURDER. Really:rolleyes: Do you think they actually were advocating that someone shooting a dog be tried for murder???? Surely those of us who are smart enough to do well in Organic Chemistry and other prerequisites, and get int Vet. School or Med. School or like me, Dental School, so blessed with such high intelligence would comprehend that he might have just been trying to accentuate the shear stupidity of continuing to print more money?? Let me state to all those of lesser intelligence who could not pass organic chemistry, much less excel in the course such as I, that I have no doubt that if Gov. Perry is elected President, that in the first year of his administration, he will see that Bernanke will be tried for treason if he prints any more money.;)

Let's see. If I were Gov. of Texas and I felt that his economic policies had been far superior to most of the other states and especially to those of the FEd. Gov., I might attempt to chastise those that had chosen less effective policies by saying that I might want to leave their group if the continued such poor policy? But then again, realizing my much higher intellect, being that I could excel in organic chemistry and be admitted to dental school, and that the intellect of the masses was such that they might not understand , I probably wouldn't.

road kill
08-26-2011, 08:57 AM
Interesting, there seems to be more zeal by certain posters towards keeping Perry out than getting Obama out.

That tells you all you need to know.

RK

caryalsobrook
08-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Interesting, there seems to be more zeal by certain posters towards keeping Perry out than getting Obama out.

RK
Gosh, I wish I was smart enough to get the same point across in as few words as you!:)

Franco
08-26-2011, 11:17 AM

RK

What about getting an effective President in office as opposed to swapping one bad President for one bad Presidential hopeful?

If you can't see through Perry and his phoneyness, then that tells me all I need to know!

road kill
08-26-2011, 11:22 AM
What about getting an effective President in office as opposed to swapping one bad President for one bad Presidential hopeful?

If you can't see through Perry and his phoneyness, then that tells me all I need to know!

Franco,
I got 1 large says your boy don't get the nomination.

Bet??

RK

huntinman
08-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Franco,

Bet??

RK

Nomination? Hell... Ron Paul will not even win one real primary. Might get a caucus or straw poll where you can load up a few busses full of zombies. Other than that, he is an asterisk on the pages of history.

EdA
08-26-2011, 11:27 AM

Agreed, I thought the goal was to unseat the incumbent, while rallying around Governor Perry on RTF seems to make him the RTF POTUS favorite I do not believe that he will have enough appeal to the moderate voters from both parties or the independents to accomplish that.

While he is very popular among evangelical Christians and Tea party supporters they probably only account for 25% of the voters at best since many are members of both groups. It will take much more to unseat an incumbent President unless the economy goes completely in the tank.

If Perry is nominated and elected I hope that he can rise to the occasion but his personal history does not suggest that.

road kill
08-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Agreed, I thought the goal was to unseat the incumbent, while rallying around Governor Perry on RTF seems to make him the RTF POTUS favorite I do not believe that he will have enough appeal to the moderate voters from both parties or the independents to accomplish that.

While he is very popular among evangelical Christians and Tea party supporters they probably only account for 25% of the voters at best since many are members of both groups. It will take much more to unseat an incumbent President unless the economy goes completely in the tank.

If Perry is nominated and elected I hope that he can rise to the occasion but his personal history does not suggest that.

Don't know anyone on RTF has "endorsed" Perry.
But a couple have had some strong negatives about him.

If this economy is not "in the tank," how exactly would you describe it at this point in time.

I am only 60 years old, but this is the biggest mess I have ever lived thru.

If the Republicans base their choice for their nomination on the opinions of progressives we will end up with another McCain.

RK

huntinman
08-26-2011, 11:38 AM

Echoing the mainstream media talking points about Conservative and/or Tea Party candidates is good sport for so called moderates. What I call RINOS or just plain libs. As George Bush would say "either you are with us or you are against us". If the party establishment, media and the libs all don't like him, that tells me there must be something to like.

Franco
08-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Franco,

Bet??

RK

I know he won't get the nomination though I think he has the best chance of beating Obama!

The reason I have contributed cash to his election is because I want to keep the message going. R Paul is the only one that can articulate the message beyond slogans. That's why he is invited on every Conservative TV political talk show. Except for O'Reilly and Hannity, Ron Paul has the most interviews on networks like Bloomberg and Fox Business of any hopeful because he can speak indept about his opinions.

Like Ed just posted, Perry's appeal is limited and to beat Obama, a candidate will need to attarct Moderates, Independents, and Libertarians.

If the GOP nominates Perry, it will ensure an Obama landslide victory!

huntinman
08-26-2011, 11:42 AM
I know he won't get the nomination though I think he has the best chance of beating Obama!

The reason I have contributed cash to his election is because I want to keep the message going. R Paul is the only one that can articulate the message beyond slogans. That's why he is invited on every Conservative TV political talk show. Except for O'Reilly and Hannity, Ron Paul has the most interviews on networks like Bloomberg and Fox Business of any hopeful because he can speak indept about his opinions.

Like Ed just posted, Perry's appeal is limited and to beat Obama, a candidate will need to attarct Moderates, Independents, and Libertarians.

If the GOP nominates Perry, it will ensure an Obama landslide victory!

O'reilly said last night that he invited Ron paul on and Ron Paul would not come on his show. I guess he doesn't want to answer the tough questions.

Franco
08-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Don't know anyone on RTF has "endorsed" Perry.
But a couple have had some strong negatives about him.

If this economy is not "in the tank," how exactly would you describe it at this point in time.

I am only 60 years old, but this is the biggest mess I have ever lived thru.

If the Republicans base their choice for their nomination on the opinions of progressives we will end up with another McCain.

RK

The economy is in the tank in certain states, the ones controlled by unions!

Our economy is doing well. Sales tax revenues are at an alltime high, home values have not dipped. Because of oil and medical industries, La and Tex have dodged the downturn. Homes values in New Orleans have dipped a little because many have not returned after Katrina in all demographics.

dback
08-26-2011, 12:00 PM
while rallying around Governor Perry on RTF seems to make him the RTF POTUS favorite

I don't personally have a favorite at this point...I believe I already stated I was interested in hearing more from Cain but he (at this point) has no more chance than Paul. I simply am not going to make my choice based on your disappointment over some one's 'Organic Chemistry' grade. History is awash with examples of tremendous leadership that were "startling C averages".

Franco
08-26-2011, 12:19 PM
I don't personally have a favorite at this point...I believe I already stated I was interested in hearing more from Cain but he (at this point) has no more chance than Paul. I simply am not going to make my choice based on your disappointment over some one's 'Organic Chemistry' grade. History is awash with examples of tremendous leadership that were "startling C averages".

Very true!

But then again, guys like Gov. Bobby Jindal have a very high IQ, fixes the states medical system, passes the toughest Ethics Laws in the country, attracts new industry to his state, reaps higher employment and taught all his kids advanced Calculus before 8 years of age! All the while wearing off the rack department store suits!;-) But then again, he ain't running in this election.

Here is an interesting read from Time on-line;

The Prophet
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2090364,00.html

DODGERFAN175
08-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Very true!

But then again, guys like Gov. Bobby Jindal have a very high IQ, fixes the states medical system, attracts new industry to his state, reaps higher employment and taught all his kids advanced Calculus before 8 years of age! All the while wearing off the rack department store suits!;-) But then again, he ain't running in this election.

Here is an interesting read from Time on-line;

The Prophet
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2090364,00.html

That's all fine and dandy, but calculus at 8 yrs old? You have to let kids be kids there will be plenty of time for that later.

Franco
08-26-2011, 01:11 PM
That's all fine and dandy, but calculus at 8 yrs old? You have to let kids be kids there will be plenty of time for that later.

Actually, I think it teaches young kids how to expand their little brains and gets them better prepared for a meaningful education. Certainly much better than putting them in front of a TV or sending them off to the movies.

EdA
08-26-2011, 01:22 PM

His academic career or lack thereof is but a euphemism for my disappoint in him, he has failed on many fronts while reinforcing the image of a politician who acts based, not on conviction, but on the size of the wallets of his supporters.

huntinman
08-26-2011, 01:32 PM
His academic career or lack thereof is but a euphemism for my disappoint in him, he has failed on many fronts while reinforcing the image of a politician who acts based, not on conviction, but on the size of the wallets of his supporters.

If he is so bad, how can the residents of Texas be so damn stupid to keep voting him into office time after time? From what I have read, Perry has never lost an election. Which is it? Perry is dumb or the Texas voters are dumb?

road kill
08-26-2011, 02:01 PM
If he is so bad, how can the residents of Texas be so damn stupid to keep voting him into office time after time? From what I have read, Perry has never lost an election. Which is it? Perry is dumb or the Texas voters or dumb?

Or maybe one voter that thinks he is smarter than all the rest????:cool:

RK

caryalsobrook
08-26-2011, 02:40 PM
As I said, I know little about Perry. i know Texas is better off economically than the rest of the nation. I also know some accuse him of just being a stuffed shirt. What I do know is that he hs got to be better than what we have. Ron Paul, I don't know of anything he has said that I dissagree with. Can he get the job done? Again certainly better than what we have. In fact I will enthuistically support ANYBODY OTHER THAN WHAT WE HVE NOW!!!!

Actually I think generallyu govenors make the best presidents. The have shown that they can walk the walk. My personal choice for over a year has been Chris Christy. He has taken one of the worst states that is for sure more democrat than republican and has made great strides in correcting it's problems. That is just the start of why I have liked him. Nevertheless he has decided not to run, So bring on any that the primaries nominate and I will happily support him or her. Christy for President and Cane for vice Pres. I would love to see.:D

Not a sin to wish.

Terri
08-26-2011, 03:35 PM

Let kids be kids - really! I guess it would be better to let them run the streets, watch T.V. and eat junk food. I start my kids and puppies young. Good for the governor of Louisiana.

Terri

charly_t
08-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Human 'kids' and dogs need rules etc. Teaching begins at birth no matter what species we are talking about. If the kid is interested and wants to try let them. Stress is not good but some pushing is needed for some of them.

EdA
08-26-2011, 04:00 PM
My personal choice for over a year has been Chris Christy. He has taken one of the worst states that is for sure more democrat than republican and has made great strides in correcting it's problems. That is just the start of why I have liked him. Nevertheless he has decided not to run, So bring on any that the primaries nominate and I will happily support him or her. Christy for President and Cane for vice Pres. I would love to see.

I personally would have welcomed to the process and supported Governor Christy.

That Texas is better off than most states, even though our unemployment rate is high, is not because of Rick Perry but in spite of Rick Perry.

The fact that the 2 most viable candidates, Christy and Daniels, opted out says much about the perceived prospects of unseating an incumbent President, I would have welcomed and supported either.

huntinman
08-26-2011, 04:08 PM

That Texas is better off than most states, even though our unemployment rate is high, is not because of Rick Perry but in spite of Rick Perry.

The fact that the 2 most viable candidates, Christy and Daniels, opted out says much about the perceived prospects of unseating an incumbent President, I would have welcomed and supported either.

We already tried a wimpy RINO last time. Look what that got us. Obama.

DODGERFAN175
08-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Let kids be kids - really! I guess it would be better to let them run the streets, watch T.V. and eat junk food. I start my kids and puppies young. Good for the governor of Louisiana.

Terri

I'm talking about 8 yr old kids not teenagers.

Saturday morning cartoons replaced by Saturday morning calculus sounds like a childhood to remember.

Besides teaching calculus or anything for that matter at the age of 8 does not guarantee success in life.

EdA
08-26-2011, 06:06 PM
let's keep the government out of people's lives so says Texas Governor Rick Perry

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/politics/Perry-Signs-Pledge-on-Anti-Gay-Marriage-Amendment-128469018.html

but not out of their bedrooms....

Terri
08-26-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm talking about 8 yr old kids not teenagers.

Saturday morning cartoons replaced by Saturday morning calculus sounds like a childhood to remember.

Besides teaching calculus or anything for that matter at the age of 8 does not guarantee success in life.

Do you really think problems only start once a kid is a teenager? No, they start young. The habits that you make when you are young stick around for a long time. You can make good habits or bad habits. I prefer for my kids to make good study habits. Doing well in school is a kid's job. Not all kids will be able to do calculus, but kids need to be working at their level. My daughter could read at least 5 grades (that was the highest they tested) ahead when she was 8 years old. Teachers had a hard time finding books for her to read for reports because she had read so many books. She always told the teacher if she had read the book, not like some kids who take the easy way out. My oldest daughter will tell you she never watched cartoons, I think they are a waste of time. She may not be able to understand when her peers talk about cartoons, but she graduated from law school at 24 years old. You may think teaching kids at a young age does not guarantee success in life, but I will place my bets everyday on the kid who has had to work hard over the kid who had every thing handed to him. Capitalism over socialism - this lesson has to be taught young.

Terri

dback
08-26-2011, 07:26 PM

Fair enough. If that is truly the case I'm sure the MSM is feverishly working to produce a number of documentaries highlighting your very concerns. As disconcerting as it may be to the 'elite' of this nation......we rubes may want to make our decisions based on facts as opposed to 'euphemisms'. As much as I may want a man to adhere firmly to his convictions, it is rarely 100% practical in politics and even more rarely practiced. I truly hope the GOP (or some one) offers a quality, honorable and intelligent "conservative" candidate.......time will tell.

Gerry Clinchy
08-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Franco, I really think RP is showing his age. I may agree with many of his views (though not all of them).

I think Jindal would be great. Christie's position on gun control & recently signing a not-good dog law makes me question his grass-roots knowledge. I'd kinda like to see Jindal & Paul Ryan.

(Actually 8 yrs old may be a good time to teach calculus! Years ago a study found that the most error-free computer code was written by 12-yr olds! Kids can think outside the box before we "mold" them.)

But as mentioned, it won't be easy to unseat an incumbent POTUS ... it will take a ticket that rocks the boat and gets people excited about the potential.

charly_t
08-26-2011, 09:25 PM
(Actually 8 yrs old may be a good time to teach calculus! Years ago a study found that the most error-free computer code was written by 12-yr olds! Kids can think outside the box before we "mold" them.)

We have our fair share of teachers in the family and most of them feel that children learn at early ages if it is something presented as fun by a person they like and admire. Sometimes a family friend who has knowledge in some area but more often a parent who is interested in something and enjoys it. Learning a language comes to mind right off if they have other playmates who speak an language other than their own.

Franco
08-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Franco, I really think RP is showing his age. I may agree with many of his views (though not all of them).

I think Jindal would be great. Christie's position on gun control & recently signing a not-good dog law makes me question his grass-roots knowledge. I'd kinda like to see Jindal & Paul Ryan.

But as mentioned, it won't be easy to unseat an incumbent POTUS ... it will take a ticket that rocks the boat and gets people excited about the potential.

His age does work against him. He would be six years older than Reagan when he took the White House.

The important thing is that his message is being heard. The fact that so many of the candidates are parroting what he has been saying for many years is a tribute to his beliefs. At least he is setting his son Rand (named after Ayn Rand) up for a bright political future. The apple didn't fall far from the tree as they are both strict Constitutionalist.

Jindal is committed to finishing what he started. As he has told us, "I was elected to do a job and until I am satisfied that I have done my best, I will focus on the problems of the state". I've never seen a person with so much power have such a small ego! The man drives a domestic economy car.

P S
Four years ago, R Paul had less than 400 workers/volunteers in my state. He now has over 3,000!
And, we like the fact that Dr. Paul is not a big talking, arm waving, back slapping politician/attorney!
http://www.time.com/time/video/player/0,32068,40773645001_1924788,00.html

caryalsobrook
08-26-2011, 10:09 PM

As I said before, I know little about Rick Perry. You stated that Texas unemployment was low in spite of him. Enlighten me. Give me specifics such as laws he has supported or policies he has initiated that would tend to increase unemployment. I pay little attention to accusations, instead I look for facts to back them up.

Mike W.
08-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Word down here from some people I know tied into the Perry campaign is that it's gonna be a Perry/Rubio ticket.

Lock down Texas, Florida, and go after the hispanic vote in the Southwest, and you only have to take down one or two midwest states to get it done.

Gerry Clinchy
08-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Franco, can't always compare age in one person to the same age in another person. Even if we could, are we sure that Reagan was at max function by the time he entered his second term? Even conservatives who favored Paul in the past note that he is not quite as sharp as he used to be.

And then a second term would be important ... things need to be "looking up" toward the end of a first term, but things are such a stinkin' mess, it will take two terms, I think (and big changes in Congress) to get onto a different track. To have only one term & have the D's take over again, would be like running in place.

I agree with you that he has helped set his son up for a bright political career. And Rand just needs some time to

God bless Bobby Jindal! We could use about 500 more like him in DC! If he does what he says he wants to do in LA, he should be in a fantastic position to be a strong POTUS candidate. Intelligence, common sense AND character ... we've been waiting a long time for such a combination.

DODGERFAN175
08-28-2011, 01:23 AM
Do you really think problems only start once a kid is a teenager? No, they start young. The habits that you make when you are young stick around for a long time. You can make good habits or bad habits. I prefer for my kids to make good study habits. Doing well in school is a kid's job. Not all kids will be able to do calculus, but kids need to be working at their level. My daughter could read at least 5 grades (that was the highest they tested) ahead when she was 8 years old. Teachers had a hard time finding books for her to read for reports because she had read so many books. She always told the teacher if she had read the book, not like some kids who take the easy way out. My oldest daughter will tell you she never watched cartoons, I think they are a waste of time. She may not be able to understand when her peers talk about cartoons, but she graduated from law school at 24 years old. You may think teaching kids at a young age does not guarantee success in life, but I will place my bets everyday on the kid who has had to work hard over the kid who had every thing handed to him. Capitalism over socialism - this lesson has to be taught young.

Terri

That's fine if kids like and want to read, do homework, calculus or advanced chemistry instead of doing other things at the age of 1-10 I have no problem with that if that puts a smile on their face. But ramming down their throats all this stuff at a very early age will burn them out eventually. They'll have plenty of time to stress out about life later that I can promise.

I'm not much of a trainer but it's like knowing when a pup is mature enough to start force fetching and keeping the sessions short.

charly_t
08-28-2011, 02:17 AM
keeping the sessions short.

Yes, keeping any lesson short and fun is the way to go. Leave them wanting more so to speak. Except when it is a school lesson that needs to be finished and turned in :-) There should be time for regular play and time for lessons.
Kids should be allowed to be kids part of the time but anymore too many are just goofing off. I just have to tell this story........a relative had assigned a lesson for her class of high school students. She got a call from one student's mother. The mother of this kid said "you will have to give my daughter another assignment because she will just never do that one". I believe in that case I would have said "you better find another class/school for her because she won't be passing here if she refuses to do regular assignments". Common sense should be used in both work and play. We were to hoe the corn in Summer till it got late in the day then and only then did we get to go swimming. When the corn all got tended and that type of work ended the rest of Summer was pretty much our own except for regular daily chores.

Franco
08-28-2011, 05:37 AM
Word down here from some people I know tied into the Perry campaign is that it's gonna be a Perry/Rubio ticket.

Lock down Texas, Florida, and go after the hispanic vote in the Southwest, and you only have to take down one or two midwest states to get it done.

That will never happen, Rubio is too smart to put his name on that ticket. It would be politcal suicide and he knows it.

M&K's Retrievers
08-28-2011, 09:54 AM
That will never happen, Rubio is too smart to put his name on that ticket. It would be politcal suicide and he knows it.

How so? I'm assuming this is you opinion with no facts to back it up. How could there be?

Uncle Bill
08-28-2011, 10:55 AM
The economy is in the tank in certain states, the ones controlled by unions!

Our economy is doing well. Sales tax revenues are at an alltime high, home values have not dipped. Because of oil and medical industries, La and Tex have dodged the downturn. Homes values in New Orleans have dipped a little because many have not returned after Katrina in all demographics.

With all the Obama sycophants in New Orleans, how can he miss??? He's a shoo-in for another 4 years.

Trust me when I say, Franco, the ONLY reason Obama will win "by a landslide" will be because of voters like you. It won't be the fault of the TEA party, or the religious right, or whomever is his opponent in this upcoming election. It will be the idiocy of those sitting on their hands because their hand-picked candidate got spurned.

UB

Uncle Bill
08-28-2011, 11:14 AM

Wow....you HAVE become a know-it-all Obamaite. Your ego has no bounds. But puleeze...keep it to picking football rather than political candidates. You don't do all that great at that either, but you are completely failing at the latter.

Here's a prediction....whether Rubio is on the ticket with whomever or not, if he isn't I'll bet $$$ to donuts he will be the Republican Convention keynote speaker....which means he will be enthusiastically supporting whichever candidate wins the primary and will be facing Obama in 2012.

Got any donuts?

UB

huntinman
08-28-2011, 11:24 AM

And as Franco has proven with his undying support of Ron Paul... he has this political stuff figured out. If you don't believe it, just ask him:rolleyes: Franco...the one true conservative (according to him)

DODGERFAN175
08-28-2011, 01:22 PM
There should be time for regular play and time for lessons.

I absolutely agree.

Franco
08-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Wow....you HAVE become a know-it-all Obamaite. Your ego has no bounds. But puleeze...keep it to picking football rather than political candidates. You don't do all that great at that either, but you are completely failing at the latter.

Here's a prediction....whether Rubio is on the ticket with whomever or not, if he isn't I'll bet $$$ to donuts he will be the Republican Convention keynote speaker....which means he will be enthusiastically supporting whichever candidate wins the primary and will be facing Obama in 2012.

Got any donuts?

UB

If Obama wins in 2012 it will be becasue the GOP candidate was unacceptable to the majority of voters...period! Doesn't matter who the Keynote speaker is.

Want 4 more years of Obama? Then support a GOP candidate with limited appeal!

As I and others have pointed out, there just isn't enough support for the extreme right wing of the party.

Rubio has a bright future and will not join a losing ticket for 2012. That I'll bet on!

EdA
08-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Since Rick Perry joined (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/rick-perry-close-to-2012-presidential-announcement-after-the-response-draws-20000-in-houston/2011/08/08/gIQAowr84I_story.html)the presidential race this month, his campaign entourage has included not just the standard array of political advisers and aides, but a squad of Texas law enforcement agents.
The security forces scout and secure locations days in advance. Well before the governor’s visit to Tommy’s Country Ham House in Greenville, S.C., the weekend of Aug. 20, more than a half-dozen suited and armed agents were giving orders to the crowd of more than 400.

inShare

Video
http://img.wpdigital.net/rf/image_296w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2011/08/18/National-Politics/Videos/08182011-59v/08182011-59v.jpg (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/perry-evolution-a-theory-thats-out-there/2011/08/18/gIQAHH56NJ_video.html)
Republican presidential hopeful Gov. Rick Perry talked about evolution with a young boy while stumping in New Hampshire. The boy's mother appeared to encourage the boy to ask Perry why he doesn't believe in science. (Aug. 18)

More on this Story

How much is this ever-present phalanx of state policemen costing the taxpayers of Texas? They won’t know at least until after next year’s presidential election, thanks to a provision, tucked into a school finance bill in July, that will keep the governor’s travel records sealed for 18 months.

Although security around public officials has been tightened considerably since the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, the secrecy that surrounds Perry’s travels is unique, according to Ken Bunting, executive director of the Missouri-based National Freedom of Information Coalition (http://www.nfoic.org/).
And the governor’s critics contend that it has as much to do with politics as safety — especially after the embarrassment for Perry when taxpayers learned that they had been paying for scuba gear and golf cart rentals for officers who accompanied Perry and his wife to the Bahamas in 2004.
“I’m appalled,” said Democratic state Rep. Lon Burnam. “He wants to keep the details buried when he goes to the Bahamas.”

huntinman
08-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Since Rick Perry joined (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/rick-perry-close-to-2012-presidential-announcement-after-the-response-draws-20000-in-houston/2011/08/08/gIQAowr84I_story.html)the presidential race this month, his campaign entourage has included not just the standard array of political advisers and aides, but a squad of Texas law enforcement agents.
The security forces scout and secure locations days in advance. Well before the governor’s visit to Tommy’s Country Ham House in Greenville, S.C., the weekend of Aug. 20, more than a half-dozen suited and armed agents were giving orders to the crowd of more than 400.

inShare

Video
http://img.wpdigital.net/rf/image_296w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2011/08/18/National-Politics/Videos/08182011-59v/08182011-59v.jpg (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/perry-evolution-a-theory-thats-out-there/2011/08/18/gIQAHH56NJ_video.html)
Republican presidential hopeful Gov. Rick Perry talked about evolution with a young boy while stumping in New Hampshire. The boy's mother appeared to encourage the boy to ask Perry why he doesn't believe in science. (Aug. 18)

More on this Story

How much is this ever-present phalanx of state policemen costing the taxpayers of Texas? They won’t know at least until after next year’s presidential election, thanks to a provision, tucked into a school finance bill in July, that will keep the governor’s travel records sealed for 18 months.

Although security around public officials has been tightened considerably since the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, the secrecy that surrounds Perry’s travels is unique, according to Ken Bunting, executive director of the Missouri-based National Freedom of Information Coalition (http://www.nfoic.org/).
And the governor’s critics contend that it has as much to do with politics as safety — especially after the embarrassment for Perry when taxpayers learned that they had been paying for scuba gear and golf cart rentals for officers who accompanied Perry and his wife to the Bahamas in 2004.
“I’m appalled,” said Democratic state Rep. Lon Burnam. “He wants to keep the details buried when he goes to the Bahamas.”

Ed, you really are pretty transparent. The only real question is, which campaigns did you work on that were whipped by Perry? Sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me.

EdA
08-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Ed, you really are pretty transparent. The only real question is, which campaigns did you work on that were whipped by Perry? Sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me.

Bill, I haven't "worked on a campaign" ever, I have been a taxpayer since 1969 and I like to know where my tax dollars go, unfortunately will not know anything about Governor Perry's expenses until after the 2012 election, it doesn't pass the smell test for me, if you would like to pay my share of his expenses I would greatly appreciate it.

Gerry Clinchy
08-28-2011, 06:31 PM
So far I like Cain the best ... even if he did serve on the Fed. At least he knows what it means to run a business! When was the last POTUS who knew that?

huntinman
08-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Bill, I haven't "worked on a campaign" ever, I have been a taxpayer since 1969 and I like to know where my tax dollars go, unfortunately will not know anything about Governor Perry's expenses until after the 2012 election, it doesn't pass the smell test for me, if you would like to pay my share of his expenses I would greatly appreciate it.

I will, if you will pay my share of Obama's...

EdA
08-28-2011, 07:33 PM
I will, if you will pay my share of Obama's...

Apples and oranges, Obama is the duly elected President, Governor Perry is seeking that office, his security while campaigning for higher office out of state should not be the responsibility of Texas taxpayers.

Terri
08-28-2011, 07:40 PM
That's fine if kids like and want to read, do homework, calculus or advanced chemistry instead of doing other things at the age of 1-10 I have no problem with that if that puts a smile on their face. But ramming down their throats all this stuff at a very early age will burn them out eventually. They'll have plenty of time to stress out about life later that I can promise.

I'm not much of a trainer but it's like knowing when a pup is mature enough to start force fetching and keeping the sessions short.

I think the only one stressing out about the governor's kid doing calculus is you.

Terri

Terri
08-28-2011, 07:45 PM
With all the Obama sycophants in New Orleans, how can he miss??? He's a shoo-in for another 4 years.

Trust me when I say, Franco, the ONLY reason Obama will win "by a landslide" will be because of voters like you. It won't be the fault of the TEA party, or the religious right, or whomever is his opponent in this upcoming election. It will be the idiocy of those sitting on their hands because their hand-picked candidate got spurned.

UB

There are a lot of picky people on the GOP side. I guess we have not hit rock bottom yet. I hope we hit the bottom before election day other wise I think it will be 4 more years for Barry.

Terri

Hew
08-28-2011, 11:37 PM
As I and others have pointed out, there just isn't enough support for the extreme right wing of the party.

Rubio has a bright future and will not join a losing ticket for 2012. That I'll bet on!
LOL...are you talking about Cornelius Rubio who is the Asst. Manager at the Regio Walmart or Marco Rubio the US Senator from Florida? Because the US Senator Marco Rubio is vehemently anti abortion, anti stem cell research and an outspoken critic of Roe v. Wade...you know...all those right wing whacko/bible thumper opinions that turned you into a GOP-hatin', card carrying Libertarian.

Franco
08-29-2011, 08:42 AM
Depends on where one's priorities are.

I happen to think that the deficit, budget and economy are the most important issues of the day and social issues take a backseat. That's the main reason I support Ron Paul. That and the fact that he understands the importance of limited government.

I agree with you that the GOP's Draconian attitude towards social issues are a liability and will cost them more votes then they will gain. ;-)

huntinman
08-29-2011, 08:57 AM
Depends on where one's priorities are.

I happen to think that the deficit, budget and economy are the most important issues of the day and social issues take a backseat. That's the main reason I support Ron Paul. That and the fact that he understands the importance of limited government.

I agree with you that the GOP's Draconian attitude towards social issues are a liability and will cost them more votes then they will gain. ;-)

Social issues taking a back seat for the last 40 years are what got the UK burning a few weeks ago. Social issues taking a back seat for the last 40 years are why many families have no father in the home and the kids run wild. Look at all the "flash mobs" beating the living crap out people in the cities. You can stick your head in the sand and pretend these issues don't exsist... till one day one of these thugs shoots your or someone you love. Then it's too damn late to worry about it. We have gone a long way down the wrong road and people like you say social issues can take a back seat. Pull your head out Franco!

EdA
08-29-2011, 12:12 PM
By Patricia Kilday Hart
Austin Bureau Reporter
When then-Gov. George W. Bush (http://www.chron.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=news%2Fhouston-texas&search=1&inlineLink=1&query=%22George+W.+Bush%22) ran for president in 2000, his office released a treasure trove of information relating to his years as Texas’ chief executive.
Some 3,125 pages detailing Bush’s appointments during 1995-1998 allowed news organizations to remark on the exact number of lobbyists and campaign donors with whom he met. The records showed which state lawmakers Bush conferred with – and on what subject – and detailed how much time he spent reviewing capital punishment cases prior to executions. The records showed when he arrived at the office, when he took time off for the gym and when he went home.
In short, the documents provided a portrait of the leadership style of a candidate for president of the United States.
Now, as Gov. Rick Perry (http://www.chron.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=news%2Fhouston-texas&search=1&inlineLink=1&query=%22Rick+Perry%22) embarks on a presidential campaign, it is unlikely the public will access records that provide many revealing details about his decade-long tenure as governor. While Perry extols open government – most recently challenging Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke to “open the books” of the nation’s central bank – he has adopted policies that shroud his own office in a purposeful opaqueness that confounds prying reporters – or any member of the public questioning his policies.
He has been governor longer than anyone in Texas history, but there is a lot the public does not know about Rick Perry. Where does he go each day, and with whom does he talk? What is discussed when he meets with top state agency executives? How does he evaluate a clemency request from a death row inmate? Or an application for a grant from his Emerging Technology Fund (http://www.chron.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=news%2Fhouston-texas&search=1&inlineLink=1&query=%22Emerging+Technology+Fund%22)? What opinions are expressed to him through email and how does he respond?
Missed legal deadlines
Those are just some of the questions left largely unanswered by Perry’s decisions to bar the public from viewing details of his travel, his daily schedule and most of his emails.
Over the past decade, the Perry administration has withheld information in response to some 100 open-records requests, instead seeking review by the Texas Attorney General’s Office (http://www.chron.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=news%2Fhouston-texas&search=1&inlineLink=1&query=%22Texas+Attorney+General%27s+Office%22). In two cases in the past year, Perry’s office acknowledged it failed to meet legal deadlines for responding to the requests, or otherwise delayed in violation of well-established procedures outlined in the Texas Public Information Act.
Most of the withheld documents involved contracts, bidding and oversight of programs in which state money flows to entrepreneurs, privately held companies and universities from Perry’s two economic development funds, the Emerging Technology Fund and the Texas Enterprise Fund (http://www.chron.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=news%2Fhouston-texas&search=1&inlineLink=1&query=%22Texas+Enterprise+Fund%22). In some cases, the requests involve entities headed by Perry campaign donors and political appointees. Perry also chose to withhold information when third parties complained they would release proprietary information or violate trade secrets.

He has declined to release staff notes and emails relating to the Emerging Technology Fund and records relating to appointments to the advisory committee that oversees its grant applications. He also withheld emails and telephone logs relating to a $4.5 million Emerging Technology Fund grant awarded to Convergen Life Sciences, a company owned by campaign contributor David G. Nance (http://www.chron.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=news%2Fhouston-texas&search=1&inlineLink=1&query=%22David+G.+Nance%22).

Automated email purges

“The governor follows all disclosure requirements as required by the state and has led the charge to increasing transparency in state government,” said spokeswoman Catherine Frazier (http://www.chron.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=news%2Fhouston-texas&search=1&inlineLink=1&query=%22Catherine+Frazier%22). “He has led by example, putting the check register for the governor’s office online so that citizens can clearly and easily see how their tax dollars are being spent. State agencies, at the governor’s request have followed suit.”
Some of his decisions in favor of secrecy, however, have generated considerable controversy over the years.
Houston attorney Joe Larsen (http://www.chron.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=news%2Fhouston-texas&search=1&inlineLink=1&query=%22Joe+Larsen%22), who represents the Freedom of Information Foundation of Texas (http://www.chron.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=news%2Fhouston-texas&search=1&inlineLink=1&query=%22Information+Foundation+of+Texas%22), said he believes Perry’s office is violating state law by automatically purging all staff members’ computers of emails older than seven days. Perry’s office has said it prints and saves documents subject to open-records laws and government document retention schedules. Larsen said he believes vital records are lost by the automatic purge policy and notes that state law requires records be saved in an electronic, searchable form.
“There is a huge cache of information regarding Perry’s time as governor of Texas that is gone or virtually inaccessible – information in which the citizens of the entire country now have vital interest given his candidacy for president,” Larsen said. “For those who believe limited government is a basic conservative value, this pattern of shielding his office from public scrutiny should give pause.”
In May, 2008, Larsen filed a complaint with the Texas Attorney General’s Office on behalf of a Wisconsin blogger and open government advocate seeking Perry emails. The AG declined to intervene on the grounds that the governor’s office said it followed the state’s document retention schedule by printing and filing protected emails.
Larsen finds that implausible.
“It is unlikely, logistically almost impossible, that Perry’s office actually kept a hard copy of all emails that would have fallen within the records retention schedule,” he said. “It’s just not going to happen in a busy office.”
During last year’s gubernatorial campaign, Democratic challenger Bill White (http://www.chron.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=news%2Fhouston-texas&search=1&inlineLink=1&query=%22Bill+White%22) accused Perry of hardly working, noting that his official schedule for one six-month period provided evidence he worked an average of seven hours a week, and included 38 weekdays with “no state scheduled events.” Perry responded, “Just because it is written down doesn’t mean I’m not out there working for the people of Texas.”
In contrast to Bush’s extensive appointments records, Perry has left the country without it being reflected on his public schedule. Reporters learned that he took a 2004 trip to the Bahamas with San Antonio businessman James Leininger (http://www.chron.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=news%2Fhouston-texas&search=1&inlineLink=1&query=%22James+Leininger%22), a Perry campaign donor, and anti-tax advocate Grover Norquist after being spotted scuba-diving by a tourist. The trip did not appear on his schedule released under the state Public Information Act. At the time, press secretary Kathy Walt acknowledged that Perry had begun releasing a far less complete report of his time after hiring a new scheduler. She also noted that “the Open Meetings Act and the Public Information Act have certain exemptions.”
Public access blocked
Most of Perry’s travel is paid by campaign funds and detailed reports are not required to be disclosed. After the Bahamas trip, newspapers requested and got copies of the expenses paid for Perry’s Department of Public Safety security detail – and noted that the state picked up the tab for scuba equipment to accompany the governor. Since then, Perry has blocked public viewing of his security detail’s travel expense reports.
The Chronicle and the San Antonio Express-News have sued for the records. Two lower court rulings favored the newspapers, but the Texas Supreme Court in June agreed with Perry that his personal safety concerns were grounds for withholding the information.
Before that ruling was announced, proposed legislation keeping the governor’s travel security expenses private drew controversy in the Texas Legislature. The bill died in a Senate committee after lawmakers objected that the public should know if a state official misused a travel security detail.
Perry leaned on lawmakers to include language in a school finance bill passed in the Legislature’s special session that would keep secret for 18 months the travel vouchers of his security team. Until then, the public would be able to view only summary reports that disclose a trip’s destination, but not specific businesses visited or the names of family members accompanying the governor.

Uncle Bill
08-29-2011, 03:08 PM
OMG!!!!, Ed, I can see why if Perry were to be the candidate selected to run against Obama, that you would not want to go to the poles to vote, and after seeing ALL that dayumed spending by your governor, you couldn't possibly vote for him as opposeed to the MULTI MILLIONS THE US TAXPAYER HAS SPENT FOR THE PRESENT OLIGARCHY....AND THAT'S JUST FOR WHAT YOUR PRESIDENTS WIFE HAS SPENT ON HER VACATIONS.

Plus....we can all be so comfortable with the openness of this messiahs oligarchy...much like what he PROMISED eh?

I'm not yet committed to your Governor like Kinky is, but for damned sure, if he IS the primary winner, you can bet your bottom buck I WILL be voting for him. If he happened to turn out to be ten times worse than what you say he is, he'll be a hundred times better than what is running this country now.

We may not get you and Franco's idea of the perfect candidate, but if you think we can survive another four years of what we are living through now, then this nation is doomed. I don't expect to be around for any possible "I told you so", but as sure as I can be, should the current oligarchy be retained, you'll see anarchy become the law of the land.

UB

road kill
08-29-2011, 04:14 PM
New CNN Poll: Perry sits atop GOP field
By: CNN Deputy Political Director Paul Steinhauser

Washington (CNN) – A new national survey is further proof that Texas Gov. Rick Perry's entrance earlier this month into the race for the White House has dramatically altered the battle for the Republican presidential nomination.

According to a CNN/ORC International Poll of Republicans and independent voters who lean towards the GOP, Perry now sits atop the list of Republican presidential candidates, with strong support from most demographic groups.

The survey, released Monday, indicates that 27 percent of Republicans nationwide support Perry for their party's nomination, with former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who's making his second bid for the White House, at 14 percent. Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin follows at ten percent, with Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani at nine percent, and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, who's making his third bid for the presidency, at six percent. Every one else listed on the questionnaire registered in the low single digits.

The survey follows a Gallup poll out last week which also placed Perry at the top of the GOP field. Other polling released in the past week also confirms the findings of the CNN and Gallup surveys.

"Perry's support is higher among Republican men, at 32 percent, than Republican women, at 23 percent, but he has more support among either group than any other candidate," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland.

According to the survey, Perry supporters tend to be older and have higher incomes, but the longtime Texas governor also tops the list, albeit by smaller margins, among lower-income Republicans and those under 50 years old.

"Perry's biggest support comes from Republicans who say they are supporters of the tea party movement - he wins 37 percent of their vote - but he also edges Romney by a couple of points among Republicans who don't call themselves tea party supporters," adds Holland.

While both Palin, the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee, and Giuliani, who ran for the 2008 GOP presidential nomination, have both frequently flirted with bids for the White House, neither has taken concrete steps to launch a campaign.

Take Palin and Giuliani out of the mix and listing only the announced candidates, and the poll indicates Perry with 32 percent support, followed by Romney at 18 percent, Bachmann at 12 percent, Gingrich at seven percent, Paul at six percent, and everyone else in the low single digits.

While Perry has surged in the polls following his late entry into the race, the question remains whether he can maintain his position in future surveys. The last two candidates who made high profile late entries into the race for the White House did not have staying power.

"In 2003, Wesley Clark was a late entrant in the Democratic field and almost immediately jumped to the top of the pack. Fred Thompson did the same thing four years later on the GOP side and quickly was in a virtual tie for first place. But by November, both men had dropped in the polls and neither did very well when the voting started," says Holland. "Bill Clinton was a late entry in 1991 - he filed his papers with the Federal Election Commission in August - but the Democratic field that year was much less crowded than the GOP field today."

Much could change in the coming weeks, as the pace of the race for the White House picks up with a vengeance over the next two months, with five GOP presidential debates (including two CNN debates) and six major events that will also attract many of the candidates.

Meanwhile, the survey indicates that number of Democrats and independents who lean towards the Democratic party who would like the party to nominate someone else besides President Barack Obama has topped out after months of steady growth. Seventy-two percent of Democrats want to see Obama re-nominated, with 27 percent wanting a different candidate. That's virtually unchanged since early August, although it is higher than in June.

The CNN/ORC International Poll was conducted August 24-25, with 467 Republicans and independents who lean Republican, and 463 Democrats and independents who lean Democratic, questioned by telephone. The survey's sampling error is plus or minus 4.5 percentage points.
__________________________________________________ _____

Since we are playin' cut-n-paste here is my entry.:D

These folks need to be schooled by Franco and Ed.

RK

Franco
10-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Looks like a bunch of y'all have jumped off the Rick Perry bandwagon!

Still think he has a shot at the nomination or has his campaign imploded?

Anyone still think Rubio would put his name on a Perry ticket?

huntinman
10-03-2011, 04:48 PM

Yeah, we're jumping on the Ron Paul bandwagon:rolleyes:

I'm not on anyones bandwagon till we have a few primaries...

As far as anyones campaign imploding... I thought McCain was dead in the water a year before the election last time... too bad I was wrong.

road kill
10-03-2011, 04:54 PM

Or the Paul ticket????:rolleyes:

RK

Franco
10-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Or the Paul ticket????:rolleyes:

RK

I don't think R Paul would ask him to be on his ticket when he gets the nomination. Dr Paul would look for someone with a longer track record of defending Liberty and experience.;-)

huntinman
10-03-2011, 04:59 PM
I don't think R Paul would ask him to be on his ticket when he gets the nomination. Dr Paul would look for someone with a longer track record of defending Liberty and experience.;-)

Dennis Kucinich??

BonMallari
10-03-2011, 06:38 PM

1. was never on the Aggie Cheerleader bandwagon

2. he still has a shot because of the "religious right" that always seems to show up at primary time, but mysteriously disappears at general election time

3. Rubio has a bright political future, I dont see him hitching his wagon to anyone until 2016 where he may be the one that people are trying to hitch their wagon to..

Franco
10-05-2011, 10:45 PM
1. was never on the Aggie Cheerleader bandwagon

2. he still has a shot because of the "religious right" that always seems to show up at primary time, but mysteriously disappears at general election time

3. Rubio has a bright political future, I dont see him hitching his wagon to anyone until 2016 where he may be the one that people are trying to hitch their wagon to..

You are correct that he won't run in 2012.

Rubio announced today that he won't be on anyones ticket for 2012 and warned the Republicans about being anti-immigration reform, which is the code word for Amnesty.

Gerry Clinchy
10-06-2011, 07:03 PM
warned the Republicans about being anti-immigration reform, which is the code word for Amnesty.

What is that saying about ... if you keep doing the same things, why would you expect different results?

If amnesty didn't work when Reagan did it, what makes anyone think it will work now?

My biggest objection is the principle that giving amnesty to those who entered illegally, is unfair to those who stood, and are standing in line, following the law. Why would one reward disregard for the rule of law?

road kill
10-06-2011, 07:10 PM
What is that saying about ... if you keep doing the same things, why would you expect different results?

If amnesty didn't work when Reagan did it, what makes anyone think it will work now?

My biggest objection is the principle that giving amnesty to those who entered illegally, is unfair to those who stood, and are standing in line, following the law. Why would one reward disregard for the rule of law?

VOTES!!!!

Just sayin'.........

RK

EdA
11-10-2011, 08:22 AM
What did Rick say?:confused:

EdA
01-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Based on the people that dislike Governor Perry, I like him more & more every day!!RK

Apparently you were in a very very small minority. Hopefully his campaign fund has enough money left to reimburse Texas taxpayers for his security detail which has been paid for with state funds to the tune of about $500,000.

road kill
01-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Apparently you were in a very very small minority. Hopefully his campaign fund has enough money left to reimburse Texas taxpayers for his security detail which has been paid for with state funds to the tune of about $500,000.

He seemed to lose his fire.
He also did not seem as articulate as the campaign wore on.

I think someone is out to torch Gingrich now.

I wouldn't be surprised if McCain gets nominated!!!:shock:

RK

M&K's Retrievers
01-19-2012, 10:07 AM

I'll be holding my breath for that to happen.:rolleyes:

HPL
01-19-2012, 10:18 AM
I'll be holding my breath for that to happen.:rolleyes:
I wouldn't recommend it.
HPL

Ken Bora
01-19-2012, 10:25 AM
hmmm so he just quit and endorsed Newt. He's going back to Texas. talking heads say he can keep his $$ for another Gov run.

menmon
01-19-2012, 10:38 AM
An IDIOT!!!!!!

And an EMBARASSMENT to ALL TEXANS!!!!!

EdA
01-19-2012, 10:39 AM
hmmm so he just quit and endorsed Newt. He's going back to Texas. talking heads say he can keep his $$ for another Gov run.

I think he is done politically, to use a sports euphemism "he has been over exppsed". During his lifetime political career he has appeared in public most often in controlled situations with predictable audiences and he has delivered prepared messages. He has rarely faced hostile audiences and almost never hostile press. Texas taxpayers, without their knowledge or approval, have paid for his security and those records will not be made public until after the November election.

He has become an embarrassment and a joke at home. The next political step for him would be to run for the Senate but based on the public's perception of him I don't think he has a snowball's chance in hell of being elected to any statewide political office.

M&K's Retrievers
01-19-2012, 10:52 AM
I think he is done politically, to use a sports euphemism "he has been over exppsed". During his lifetime political career he has appeared in public most often in controlled situations with predictable audiences and he has delivered prepared messages. He has rarely faced hostile audiences and almost never hostile press. Texas taxpayers, without their knowledge or approval, have paid for his security and those records will not be made public until after the November election.

He has become an embarrassment and a joke at home. The next political step for him would be to run for the Senate but based on the public's perception of him I don't think he has a snowball's chance in hell of being elected to any statewide political office.

Well there is always Craig James.:(

EdA
01-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Well there is always Craig James.:(

Yeah what a great addition to the political scene! :p

Maybe in full disclosure he will reveal the amount of his SMU signing bonus.