PDA

View Full Version : Why I Am Not In the Stockmarket !

Franco
08-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Because it is crooked!

Wall St owns both political parties and our currency is manipulated by foreigners under the guise of the Federal Reserve. The crooks write the laws for their paid for politicians and in return get to steal money legally!

From Matt Taibbe's lasted research/article;

That, it now appears, is exactly how the Securities and Exchange Commission has been treating the Wall Street criminals who cratered the global economy a few years back. For the past two decades, according to a whistle-blower at the SEC who recently came forward to Congress, the agency has been systematically destroying records of its preliminary investigations once they are closed. By whitewashing the files of some of the nation's worst financial criminals, the SEC has kept an entire generation of federal investigators in the dark about past inquiries into insider trading, fraud and market manipulation against companies like Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank and AIG. With a few strokes of the keyboard, the evidence gathered during thousands of investigations – "18,000 ... including Madoff," as one high-ranking SEC official put it during a panicked meeting about the destruction – has apparently disappeared forever into the wormhole of history.
In at least one case, according to Flynn, investigators at the SEC found their desire to bring a case against an influential bank thwarted by senior officials in the enforcement division – whose director turned around and accepted a lucrative job from the very same bank they had been prevented from investigating. In another case, the agency farmed out its inquiry to a private law firm – one hired by the company under investigation. The outside firm, unsurprisingly, concluded that no further investigation of its client was necessary. To complete the bureaucratic laundering process, Flynn says, the SEC dropped the case and destroyed the files.

for more...

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/is-the-sec-covering-up-wall-street-crimes-20110817

BonMallari
08-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Wall Street is nothing more than legalized gambling..learned my lesson years ago when I tried to dabble in it and realized my broker made money on my trades no matter if I made or lost money...just like a bookie taking the "juice or the vig" on a bet

I then actually thought about becoming a jr stockbroker/agent and interviewed with Prudential Securities and was intrigued about getting my series 7 license or whatever...but one of the things that soured me on the process was that they required any perspective employee to produce a list of at least 12 people that they could call for leads, even if I didnt get the job..I dont even forward phone #'s without permission from the person...I politely excused myself from the interview process

To this day I still cant believe that former SEC chairman Chris Cox (a Bush appointee) has never seen a day in jail...he was about as corrupt as they come

cotts135
08-22-2011, 12:54 PM
You read that article and it's hard not to get increasingly frustrated at where this country is headed. Where does it end? Other than making this issue a national headline day in and day out, I just don't see it ending. The bigger the web of people involved becomes the more protective they will become of it. It's sad when your pursued with more zeal for getting a parking ticket and not paying it they you would be for helping bring down the economy or screwing a bunch of investors out of millions of dollars.
Here is just another way the banks protective themselves.

http://www.salon.com/news/wall_street/index.html?story=/opinion/greenwald/2011/08/22/banks