PDA

View Full Version : When will Dems realize they can't regulate risk out of our lives?

Brent McDowell
08-23-2011, 08:38 PM
I just listened to Sen Markey go on and on about how Mother Nature was 'warning' us about a potential nuclear meltdown via the earthquake today in Virginia. While I agree that the aftermath of a nuclear meltdown would be disastrous, I'd like to know how many people Mother Nature has 'killed' with volcanoes, tornadoes, hurricanes, flash floods, droughts, blizzards, heat waves, famine and earthquakes in the last century. I expect the answer is exponentially higher than the combined nuclear disasters from the relative few power plant meltdowns.

Everyday we run the risk of death, dismemberment, or sickness by virtue of just waking up. No amount of laws or regulations can materially lessen the risk we face from ourselves and mother nature.

Don't tread on me regards,

caryalsobrook
08-23-2011, 09:31 PM
I just listened to Sen Markey go on and on about how Mother Nature was 'warning' us about a potential nuclear meltdown via the earthquake today in Virginia. While I agree that the aftermath of a nuclear meltdown would be disastrous, I'd like to know how many people Mother Nature has 'killed' with volcanoes, tornadoes, hurricanes, flash floods, droughts, blizzards, heat waves, famine and earthquakes in the last century. I expect the answer is exponentially higher than the combined nuclear disasters from the relative few power plant meltdowns.

Everyday we run the risk of death, dismemberment, or sickness by virtue of just waking up. No amount of laws or regulations can materially lessen the risk we face from ourselves and mother nature.

Don't tread on me regards,
kQuit trying to make such common sense. Nonsense is more believable by some.:rolleyes: