View Full Version : Will You watch the debate - or Pres. jobs speech

BonMallari
09-07-2011, 02:15 PM
will you watch the Republican debate this evening

will you watch the POTUS speech on his jobs/stimulus plan tomorrow

will you watch the NFL instead

charly_t
09-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Well.....my husband likes football, Sis is here from another state and likes Obama ( although I don't believe as much as she once did :-) ) I'm
guessing that someone will be watching the front room TV and someone
the small TV in another room. I don't like football nor the prez. I may be
playing on the computer doing another interesting ( ? ) search. Or answering
e-mails etc. If.......Sis and Hubby both watch Obama I will be subjected to
the fall out. They will both have their personal views on things but my husband does not like arguing so he won't.........I probably will disagree with part of it and will let it be known :-)

JDogger
09-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Packing up tomorrow to go to a HT and do some hunting. I'll pay little attention here for a few days. No phone, no net...Bliss...

A good season to you all. JD

BonMallari
09-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Packing up tomorrow to go to a HT and do some hunting. I'll pay little attention here for a few days. No phone, no net...Bliss...

A good season to you all. JD

whatcha hunting.....did the same thing except I cheated by having my XM satellite radio...after the first 24 hrs, I have to admit I did not miss nor was missed , but it did give me time to reflect on a lot..

Hope you have a fun and safe hunt:D

7pntail
09-07-2011, 11:12 PM
No brainer---TENNIS!:D

JDogger
09-07-2011, 11:20 PM
whatcha hunting.....did the same thing except I cheated by having my XM satellite radio...after the first 24 hrs, I have to admit I did not miss nor was missed , but it did give me time to reflect on a lot..

Hope you have a fun and safe hunt:D

Thanx,
A few dove, then after the HT, maybe some early teal. It's still real hot here. Scouting has shown only a few teal so far. Weather is supposed to change soon though. Can't wait. Ducks come later here NM. Blind building time.
Read with enjoyment your elk hunt posts. Maybe next time. Eh? :) JD

road kill
09-08-2011, 06:11 AM
Thanx,
A few dove, then after the HT, maybe some early teal. It's still real hot here. Scouting has shown only a few teal so far. Weather is supposed to change soon though. Can't wait. Ducks come later here NM. Blind building time.
Read with enjoyment your elk hunt posts. Maybe next time. Eh? :) JD

Good luck JD,
Have a safe and joyous hunt!

stan b & Elvis

Franco
09-08-2011, 06:28 AM
will you watch the Republican debate this evening

will you watch the POTUS speech on his jobs/stimulus plan tomorrow

will you watch the NFL instead

Watched the debate last night. I thought the most interesting comment came from Huntsman when he said the GOP can not run from science. He was dead-on with that comment!

I'll watch the POTUS speech up until kickoff.

Pulling for Nadal to repeat as U S Open champ.

7pntail
09-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Watched the debate last night. I thought the most interesting comment came from Huntsman when he said the GOP can not run from science. He was dead-on with that comment!

I'll watch the POTUS speech up until kickoff.

Pulling for Nadal to repeat as U S Open champ.

Good man! looks like we have a brace of tennis fans. Me too on Nadal. This conservative teacher will vote Republican regardless of the debates. Will watch them as more candidates are weeded out. Right now, it is all about tennis.:) GO RAFE'

BonMallari
09-08-2011, 07:00 PM
Good man! looks like we have a brace of tennis fans. Me too on Nadal. This conservative teacher will vote Republican regardless of the debates. Will watch them as more candidates are weeded out. Right now, it is all about tennis.:) GO RAFE'

as much as I want to be patriotic and pull for Roddick, his window of winning majors is over,due mainly to his one dimensional game....that being said I have to pull for Roger Ferderer and Caroline Wozniaki (since my gal Sharapova went out in the 3rd round) can't stand the Williams sisters

Laura McCaw
09-08-2011, 07:09 PM
I will NOT be watching anything. I couldn't put I don't watch tv though, because I do, about once a week. I have a 4 yr old daughter that has to have her own channel on in 4 rooms. In the living room she is obsessed with the Discovery Channel, I dare not change that. In her room she has a movie in, typically a disney one, and then in the other 2 rooms she loves to watch netflix of all the oldies like Felix the Cat, Popeye, Tom & Jerry, etc....

She has been extremely bored out of her mind with the weather over 100 lately so I really can't wait till this cooped up child starts school on Monday AND can actually play outside.

IF I had a choice, I would be watching NFL. :) Thankfully my computer is in the Living Room so I get to watch alot of the cool Discovery Channel stuff though.

BonMallari
09-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Trust me on this one Laura, you didnt miss a thing in the speech...it was a lecture on how we need to pass this bill..(before even knowing what's in it)..doesnt that sound familiar ? does this POTUS really think the sheeple are that stupid...let me re phrase that ..

tpaschal30
09-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Science. The ones who said we would be out of oil, food, in an ice age, dead from AIDS, and blown up in a nuclear holocost by now. When have the research dooms day extortionist ever been correct.

Buzz
09-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Science. The ones who said we would be out of oil, food, in an ice age, dead from AIDS, and blown up in a nuclear holocost by now. When have the research dooms day extortionist ever been correct.

Yup. Science has contributed nothing to society.

Dues paying member of the flat earth society regards...

charly_t
09-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Trust me on this one Laura, you didnt miss a thing in the speech...it was a lecture on how we need to pass this bill..(before even knowing what's in it)..doesnt that sound familiar ? does this POTUS really think the sheeple are that stupid...let me re phrase that ..

Bon, I don't believe he thinks. He is an actor.........he just plays his part.
I don't really feel like we have very many who use their brains who are elected. I once read a small article in a dog magazine that was about the confirmation AKC dog shows etc. The opinion put forth was that if you spent enough money on campaigning a dog you could "finish" it. It sure looks to me like when it comes to elections it works about the same way.

tpaschal30
09-09-2011, 05:12 AM
Applying science is one thing. Using it in extortion schemes for funding is another. It is the difference is using a gun to protect your family or robbing a C store.

Uncle Bill
09-09-2011, 03:03 PM

Seems like I'm quoting you frequently as of late eh? I did want to vote for watching Mickael Weston and Harvey and company, but I put them on the recorder and watched the game. Pretty much can't stand to watch a typical dude from the 'hood' telling America what WE need to do so his unionistas can provide more dues to the rest of the corrupt thugs he was educated by.

Concerning the 'sheeple' reference, you know my thoughts on that scenario.

The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but the citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency.

It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency, than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgement to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president.

The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us.

Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.

The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those that made him their President.

I salute the unknown author of that bit of insightfulness.

UB

BonMallari
09-09-2011, 04:29 PM
18 times = the amount of times BHO said "pass this bill"...we heard it the first time Mr President....he must be under the impression that the more times he repeats something then it will come true or maybe by his forceful presence that the bill will pass..his arrogance that he knows what is best is sickening

tpaschal30
09-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Let's see the bill in writing.

BonMallari
09-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Let's see the bill in writing.

its not done yet because the select"super committee" will have to find a way to fund the bill....plus whoever the architects of the bill are havent even begun to draft the legislation yet..but you have madame Pelosi admonishing lawmakers not to slice and dice the bill....this is another schiat sandwich of another flavor similar to the health care bill..

Except this bill is going to be laden with pork projects in states that are key to the re election campaign..it will be for roads and bridges that really don't need to be fixed, schools that were already scheduled for renovation,and other inner city entitlement programs, or govt subsidized housing and other feelgood projects....

Marvin S
09-09-2011, 06:57 PM
The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but the citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency.

It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency, than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgement to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president.

The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us.

Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.

The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those that made him their President.

I salute the unknown author of that bit of insightfulness.

UB

Truer words have never been written :)

7pntail
09-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Bon----routin for team Aussie and the Spaniard !

BonMallari
09-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Bon----routin for team Aussie and the Spaniard !

absolutely loved seeing one of the Williams sisters getting whacked 6-2 6-3..still stunned about Federer losing after being up by two sets and having the match on his racket ...:(

7pntail
09-11-2011, 06:09 PM
absolutely loved seeing one of the Williams sisters getting whacked 6-2 6-3..still stunned about Federer losing after being up by two sets and having the match on his racket ...:( Yes Bon, but there is always drama!!!!! Poor Serena! No f-bombs this time though, that was disappointing :rolleyes:

Not sure who to root for, I like both these guys. leaning towards Rafa---