PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's NFL Game picks GDG

Franco
09-08-2011, 09:49 AM
Got to love this time of year, temps below 90 and football is in the air!

Pack is a 4 point favorite tonight with 48 points as the over and under. I usually don't bet the over/under but think the combined score will be below 48 points.

So, I'm taking the the dawg (Saints) on the road plus the four points and predict the dawg will win straight up.;-)

Your picks?

road kill
09-08-2011, 09:57 AM

Pack is a 4 point favorite tonight with 48 points as the over and under. I usually don't bet the over/under but think the combined score will be below 48 points.

So, I'm taking the the dawg (Saints) on the road plus the four points and predict the dawg will win straight up.;-)

Your picks?

The "Dawg??"

WTH????

In Green Bay we call the Packers.....umm...well....the Packers!
(occasionally the "Pack" or "Champs!!":D)

The "DAWG??"

RK

M&K's Retrievers
09-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Underdog.....ie dawg

Franco
09-08-2011, 10:36 AM
The "Dawg??"

WTH????

In Green Bay we call the Packers.....umm...well....the Packers!
(occasionally the "Pack" or "Champs!!":D)

The "DAWG??"

RK

So, is the green and yellow ready for tonight's game? ;-)

road kill
09-08-2011, 10:43 AM
So, is the green and yellow ready for tonight's game? ;-)
Who is the green and yellow?

Do you mean GREEN & GOLD???
I doubt it.
They are not that good.
It's tough to repeat what they did last year.

They will be lucky if they score at all and their defense, well they all need haircuts!!

Maybe 8-8 this year, maybe 7-9.
I mean they are in a conference with the Vikings and that fine Bearssssss squad.:shock:

And opening with the Saints....gonna be a long season.

RK

Franco
09-08-2011, 11:18 AM

I doubt it.
They are not that good.

They will be lucky if they score at all and their defense, well they all need haircuts!!

I mean they are in a conference with the Vikings and that fine Bearssssss squad.:shock:

RK

I'm still laughing at that one!

Some serious trash being flung between fans of the two teams over on the ESPN NFL blogs.

BonMallari
09-08-2011, 12:10 PM

Your picks?

well the line just moved to 4.5 and 47.5 ( LV Hilton)so everyone currently betting thinks like you do too on the O/U....think I am going to leave this one alone...don't want to live or die by the hook on the first game...picking the pros has never been my strong suit

Franco
09-08-2011, 12:33 PM
well the line just moved to 4.5 and 47.5 ( LV Hilton)so everyone currently betting thinks like you do too on the O/U....think I am going to leave this one alone...don't want to live or die by the hook on the first game...picking the pros has never been my strong suit

Two high power Offenses but I have a feeling tonight's game is going to be about both teams' Defenses.

Line moving to 4.5 means the $ is being placed on the Packers. Home teams are 7 and 0 in the Thrursday night NFL opener but....

there is a first time for everything!;-)

Cowtown
09-08-2011, 12:47 PM
I'll take whatever team Obabble doesn't predict to win.

huntinman
09-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Franco, at least you accidently pick football teams better than you do presidential candidates. The Packers will still whip the Saints tonight... The only dawg among your picks is Ron Paul... He showed how loony he is again last night when he said a fence at the border would be for keeping US in...

Julie R.
09-08-2011, 12:57 PM
I'll be watching both games to pick my back-up team (always sorta liked the Saints). It's become a necessity for Redskins fans if you want to have a team to root for in the playoffs. Although I'm cautiously optimistic about the Skins, both offense & defense look like they have potential, they're still burdened with the reason they can't win--that micromanaging little dweeb of an owner.

LokiMeister
09-08-2011, 01:33 PM

I doubt it.
They are not that good.

RK

Don't pay attention to NFL football very much do you? Preseason means nothing.

They will be at least 11-5 and first in the North and deep in the playoffs.

I like how guys are shooting off their mouths.

Brian Urlacher, Bears: "I think we're the best team in out conference." Hey, Brian, we beat your @$$ in the NFC Champ. game at your place. Is your QB gonna cry again like last year?

Roddy White, Falcons: "We were a better team than those guys (last year)."
Hey, Roddy: What was the score of the playoff game? 42-3? Were you even there?

Brian Robinson, ViQueens: "I'm kind of glad they won the Super Bowl last year simply for the fact that I can say after this year we're gonna kick the (expletive) out of the Super Bowl champs twice. Hopefully, we'll meet them in the playoffs and kick the crap out of them again."
Brian, didn't you guys go 0-2 against us last year?

huntinman
09-08-2011, 02:09 PM

Brian Urlacher, Bears: "I think we're the best team in out conference." Hey, Brian, we beat your @$$ in the NFC Champ. game at your place. Is your QB gonna cry again like last year?

Brian Robinson, ViQueens: "I'm kind of glad they won the Super Bowl last year simply for the fact that I can say after this year we're gonna kick the (expletive) out of the Super Bowl champs twice. Hopefully, we'll meet them in the playoffs and kick the crap out of them again."

Loki...I have a sneaking feeling that RK's post was sarcasm...

LokiMeister
09-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Loki...I have a sneaking feeling that RK's post was sarcasm...

With RK, that's why it's a feeling...

road kill
09-08-2011, 02:19 PM

Nope, I don't know much about football at all.........:oops:

Those big mean Bearssssss and Viqueens scare me!

RK

starjack
09-08-2011, 02:52 PM
My god its going to get down to55 degrees. Better see if we can get tarp over the roof quick so we can see the players real talent:rolleyes:

road kill
09-08-2011, 02:55 PM
My god its going to get down to55 degrees. Better see if we can get tarp over the roof quick so we can see the players real talent:rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is that stuff they are playing on??

GRASS????
WTH is Grass???

RK

Franco
09-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Game hasn't even started and y'all are already making excuses.:p

Hey, it's not my fault that the Packers play in an antiquated facility.

LokiMeister
09-08-2011, 04:05 PM

Best in sport.

road kill
09-08-2011, 04:11 PM

The excuses are for the guys that don't know what grass is or don't play outdoors.

It might get below 60----BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!:rolleyes:

That would be your guys.;-)

RK

Franco
09-08-2011, 04:23 PM
After practicing in 100 degree plus heat and 90% plus humidity, they might find the temps up there refreshing:)

I was just reading the NFC North blogs and the conversation is about beer! One guy wrote, "14 beers till kickoff". Got to love it!

BonMallari
09-08-2011, 05:05 PM
the line just moved again to Packers - 5 and the O/U at 48

but more importantly have we seen the last playing days of Peyton Manning...it was released that he just underwent his third neck operation in 19 months...not a good sign

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6944302/indianapolis-colts-peyton-manning-more-surgery-neck

Franco
09-08-2011, 05:30 PM
the line just moved again to Packers - 5 and the O/U at 48

but more importantly have we seen the last playing days of Peyton Manning...it was released that he just underwent his third neck operation in 19 months...not a good sign

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6944302/indianapolis-colts-peyton-manning-more-surgery-neck

I doubt Peyton will play this season but, I don't think his career is over. His father missed the entire 78 season because of rotator cuff surgery and came back in 79 to win the league MVP.

starjack
09-08-2011, 05:50 PM
The packers are the class act of the nfl and no one owner. Adding more seats for the general public With out any tax payer money. Just look at the green bay press gazzette and see what they do for charitys food pantries. OH did i say no one owner. :Thats what happen when you have 13 championships;-)

BonMallari
09-08-2011, 09:03 PM
so much for a low scoring game

M&K's Retrievers
09-08-2011, 09:55 PM

Your picks?

So much for that. Maybe you other predictions will be better.

Franco
09-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Respect to the Packers, they played a solid game!

M&K's Retrievers
09-08-2011, 10:54 PM

Your picks?

Better get some Windex for your crystal ball. :p:p

Franco
09-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Better get some Windex for your crystal ball. :p:p

Well, I said I don't like picking the over/under. Never thought it would be such a high scoring game because all the "talk" by the talking heads was about the Offenses. And, both teams got some key players back on D! I was expecting a slug fest not a shoot out.

junbe
09-09-2011, 06:33 AM
Where is Dr. Steve? I want to collect on our bet! John P. new better than to bet with me.
Go Pack!

Uncle Bill
09-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Well, I said I don't like picking the over/under. Never thought it would be such a high scoring game because all the "talk" by the talking heads was about the Offenses. And, both teams got some key players back on D! I was expecting a slug fest not a shoot out.

SOOOOOOOO...it was the "talking heads fault?" Heh heh heh heh...you really know how to pass the buck.

Isn't it time to tell us all, you are just guessing...or better yet, a homey playing a hunch? Eat your crow like a man!:p

IF THE "AINT's" get real lucky, and get into the playoffs, they'll get ANOTHER chance to play at Lambo. Heh heh heh heh. Got yer woolies out of mothballs?:rolleyes: Bwahhahahahahahaha

UB

huntinman
09-09-2011, 03:08 PM
I told him on page 1 the pack would whip the saints...

huntinman
10-17-2011, 03:45 PM
And now the Bucs are beating up on 'em too? Saint's fans are kinda quiet for a change...