PDA

View Full Version : Workshop - Andy Attar, Pat Burns AND Ray Voigt!

amm
09-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Cape Fear Retriever Club will be hosting an Advanced Retriever Training Workshop with Andy Attar, Pat Burns, and Ray Voigt December 8-11, 2011 in Rocky Point, NC.

The workshop last year was a lot of fun. With Ray joining the team, it will be even better!

I'll be posting more details soon!

Brian Cockfield
09-11-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm looking forward to it again this year Andrea. Last year was great but hopefully we'll have some better weather this year.

DoubleHaul
09-12-2011, 06:58 AM
I'm looking forward to it again this year Andrea. Last year was great but hopefully we'll have some better weather this year.

It has to be better :)

Nate_C
09-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Where will information for this seminar be posted?

amm
09-19-2011, 06:14 PM
I will post in a separate thread (if I can) as well. But here it is:

Cape Fear Retriever Club - Advanced Retriever Training Seminar with Pat Burns and Andy Attar and Ray Voigt

Rocky Point, NC

Thursday, December 8, 2011 - Sunday, December 11, 2011

Fees: $500 Handler; $250 Observer

The format will simulate a typical training day. Twelve handler/dog teams will demonstrate marks and blinds. Issues that arise will be discussed along with problem-solving strategies. Ray and Pat and Andy will address placement of marks and blinds when setting up tests, how to modify tests depending on skill level of dogs being trained, sequencing and theming, and use of drills and yard work as a complement to field set ups as well as handling tips and strategies.

With the addition of Ray Voigt to the team this year, there will be an opportunity to present additional drills and field tests.

For application forms and additional information:

Andrea Meisse
1810 Rebecca Kennedy Road
Rocky Point, NC 28457
910-675-9726
ameisse@bellsouth.net

ReedCreek
09-21-2011, 06:52 AM
I will post in a separate thread (if I can) as well. But here it is:

Cape Fear Retriever Club - Advanced Retriever Training Seminar with Pat Burns and Andy Attar and Ray Voigt

Rocky Point, NC

Thursday, December 8, 2011 - Sunday, December 11, 2011

Fees: $500 Handler; $250 Observer

The format will simulate a typical training day. Twelve handler/dog teams will demonstrate marks and blinds. Issues that arise will be discussed along with problem-solving strategies. Ray and Pat and Andy will address placement of marks and blinds when setting up tests, how to modify tests depending on skill level of dogs being trained, sequencing and theming, and use of drills and yard work as a complement to field set ups as well as handling tips and strategies.

With the addition of Ray Voigt to the team this year, there will be an opportunity to present additional drills and field tests.

For application forms and additional information:

Andrea Meisse
1810 Rebecca Kennedy Road
Rocky Point, NC 28457
910-675-9726
ameisse@bellsouth.net

I cannot wait!!! I was there last year and even with horrid weather, it was absolutely great...one of the best I have attended. Can't wait to submit my application.

amm
09-23-2011, 10:14 PM
Pat Nolan is going to join us and will have a segment on puppy training!

ReedCreek
09-24-2011, 06:17 AM
Pat Nolan is going to join us and will have a segment on puppy training!

OMG, it just gets better and better!!!!