PDA

View Full Version : Bluebonnet Retriever Club Event Update



JWC
09-16-2011, 08:50 AM
We have extended the entry date on Entry Express so that we can be more certain that water conditions will allow for the trial to run safely. We will make our best decision by Friday with entries to close by Sunday 25. If the event has not been cancelled by then we will make every attempt to have the trial. We are trying to prevent the loss of entry fee charges and the need to send out so many refunds by extending the entry date.

The 1st and 2nd series for each stake will be held at either Vinwood or Caire's property. Water tests at Kirk's property which is within a half a mile of Vinwood.

If you have a fire extinguisher at home, please bring it.

We hope we can make the event happen. See you there!

Jacob Hawkes
09-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Please let some form of tropical storm stall out around Anderson & rain 4 foot. Please.

TonyRodgz
09-17-2011, 07:29 AM
I was going to buy my plane ticket to day to attend this trial. It is going to be my first one. I guess Im not going to take the chance of a canceled event. I wish some of the rain that has fall here where Im from, 2000mm a year average a year, wouldve fallen in Anderson, TX and in TX. Danny Farmer and the rest of the state need it now more than we do.

JWC
09-17-2011, 07:53 AM
Rain will not be the deciding factor. Just the heat. It has come down into the mid 90's with a slight rain. If not triple digets the trial will go on.

Vic Batton
09-17-2011, 08:33 AM
We have extended the entry date on Entry Express so that we can be more certain that water conditions will allow for the trial to run safely. We will make our best decision by Friday with entries to close by Sunday 25. If the event has not been cancelled by then we will make every attempt to have the trial. We are trying to prevent the loss of entry fee charges and the need to send out so many refunds by extending the entry date.

The 1st and 2nd series for each stake will be held at either Vinwood or Caire's property. Water tests at Kirk's property which is within a half a mile of Vinwood.

If you have a fire extinguisher at home, please bring it.

We hope we can make the event happen. See you there!
So its the heat not the lack of water?

Cowtown
09-17-2011, 09:22 AM
I'm guessing Kirk has wells and thus full ponds.

I'd also guess that it's an issue of cracks in the ground which present a safety hazard for the dogs.

Angie B
09-17-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm guessing Kirk has wells and thus full ponds.

I'd also guess that it's an issue of cracks in the ground which present a safety hazard for the dogs.

That and how tore up the sides of the tanks and ponds are from cattle. A friend sent me some pictures of the ponds on Port Arthur's grounds and they look down right dangerous. A dog could get seriously injured entering the water.

Angie

Jacob Hawkes
09-17-2011, 12:35 PM
I was going to buy my plane ticket to day to attend this trial. It is going to be my first one. I guess Im not going to take the chance of a canceled event. I wish some of the rain that has fall here where Im from, 2000mm a year average a year, wouldve fallen in Anderson, TX and in TX. Danny Farmer and the rest of the state need it now more than we do.

They can run on Kirk's place for water. It's a huge lake. It's just that they need that rain in that part of TX in a bad way (The water @ Mr. Danny's is sad right now. Low & has been most of the year.). I believe that goes for the entire state.


So its the heat not the lack of water?

It's cooled off considerably this month and it's still a few weeks away. I hope the temps are in the 70s with a nice breeze for the trial. As it stands today, I don't think I'll be done with this shutdown to make it. Bluh.


I'm guessing Kirk has wells and thus full ponds.

I'd also guess that it's an issue of cracks in the ground which present a safety hazard for the dogs.

He has a huge lake.

JWC
09-19-2011, 08:46 AM
1/4" of rain last night and cooler temps for Anderson! Bluebonnet RC should be ok... Keep praying for rain, it's working:D

JWC
09-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Bluebonnet is going to have a trial. A visit to the water today confirmed that the conditions for the trial are safe. If not for such a large lake to use we would have not been able to have a trial. Thanks again Kirk and we hope to see many of our friends there!

Jacob Hawkes
09-22-2011, 05:37 PM
That's great news.

Vic Batton
09-22-2011, 05:59 PM
You gonna make Jacob?

Jacob Hawkes
09-22-2011, 06:14 PM
Looks like I'll be able to train & make it, Mr. Vic. I'm ready for a vacation. :lol::lol:

Vic Batton
09-22-2011, 06:20 PM
That's great. You get to watch me and lacy get schooled in the AM.

Jacob Hawkes
09-22-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm probably going to run Mav.

Vic Batton
09-22-2011, 07:10 PM
That will work. Ill be there monday. When you gonna be there?

Jacob Hawkes
09-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Depends on when we get done with this shutdown. Thursday or Friday I would guess. I don't see how we aren't going to be done with this unit by Wed night.

Jacob Hawkes
09-23-2011, 11:50 AM
Well so much for that. While I was sleeping I got a tm. Looks like I'll be in Illinois during the FT. Good luck to all. Maybe this winter, Mr. Vic.