PDA

View Full Version : Ice Eaters

2labs
09-20-2011, 01:43 PM
Any one use on of these? Do they work as intended? Where is the best place to buy one?

Thanks
Dave

Jeff Huntington
09-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Depends on how much you freeze up, what type of water are you hunting? You need about 18" of water to get unit below water level. You can dig a 3x3 hole to place it in if you need to.

Rogers Sporting Goods tell them that Mallardview (manufacturer) has them on their website for $729 and they will match price. Love Rogers. Check Cabelas for free shipping opportunities.

Bought one yesterday for this year. In our area (east ark) no one around me as one so looking forward to frozen year I hope. My buddy has several in OK and uses them in ice and windless days. They will make decoys come alive if you don't have any wind. But you are in Wy!!!!!

Need good silent generator. I bought a Honda 2000 last year. Looking forward to testing the waters this year.

If you get ducks and froze water, call and I'll come give you a demo:p

Jeff

Robert
09-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Do a Google search on building your own. There is a lot of various forum discussions going on right now on the "How To" and I'm hearing they work and it's not all that hard for a project.

Geiss
09-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Had a hunting buddy use one last year here in MD when almost every source of water aside from the big rivers was frozen up... he had a banner year on his tiny pond.

He went the route of aerators this year to reduce the generator need though. Still has the ice-eaters if he needs them though.