PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul would consider Kucinich for Cabinet

BonMallari
09-21-2011, 01:31 PM
How can people still back this man

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/182939-ron-paul-says-hed-consider-putting-dennis-kucinich-in-his-cabinet

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) says he would consider putting the liberal congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) in his Cabinet if he wins the presidency in 2012.

Paul said his libertarian political philosophy helps him connect with some on the far left ó including Kucinich, who shares Paulís general anti-war stance.

Paul joked that if he brought the Ohio congressman aboard in his administration, he might have to create a "Department of Peace."

"You've got to give credit to people who think," he said.

"Being pragmatic is about forming coalitions," Paul said at a breakfast sponsored by the Christian Science Monitor. "I probably work with coalitions better than the other candidates. I don't think I've said anything negative here about the president."

Paulís bid for the GOP nomination has yet to catch fire, though he enjoys perhaps the most passionate following in all of politics. He has had difficulty elevating himself to the top tier of candidates and complained that the media is not taking his campaign seriously.

But the congressman said heís playing the long game, and values bringing political change over winning the presidency.

"Politics doesn't drive me as much as economic policy," Paul said. "We're in a big mess, personal liberty is under attack."

Paul said his presidential campaign is more about an "educational effort" of libertarian philosophies than a reflection of his personal ambition.

"There are a lot of people who just don't want to hear this," Paul said. "Very few people understand this, they don't have an understanding of how free markets work."

The congressman said the fact that other Republican candidates are talking about the Federal Reserve or rolling back entitlement programs like Social Security and Medicare are victories for his campaign. Paul also says his campaign ó coupled with a financial crisis that has brought into question the stability of the American economic system ó is changing the prevailing attitudes of voters.

"It requires a lot more education and a lot more inroads," Paul said. "But absolutely, I think the whole country has come this way."

And yet Paul continues to struggle in the polls, hovering around 9 to 10 percent of Republican primary voters. While his showing is consistently better than some candidates who have garnered more attention, he is unsure of how he will propel himself to the top of the field.

"The supporters believe it's possible, I don't know," Paul said. "There's no reason to rule out the fact this can explode. Something has to give here."

Paul attributed some of the problem to the media, arguing that significant campaign milestones and rallies were underreported. And he acknowledged that as a candidate, he is responsible for delivering his message in a way that voters can appreciate.

"It partially is my fault, and I think that's what I work on most, refining my message," Paul said.

But Paul rejected the idea that he should adopt a more pragmatic or conciliatory strategy that would enable him to either grow his base among those skeptical of some of his views ó particularly in terms of non-interventionist foreign policy ó or achieve smaller pieces of his domestic policy goals legislatively.

"If you give up your principles, you're not being very pragmatic," Paul sai

road kill
09-21-2011, 01:52 PM

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/182939-ron-paul-says-hed-consider-putting-dennis-kucinich-in-his-cabinet

But Bon, Paul is the only conservative running!!:rolleyes:

(although I do admire Kucinichs' taste in women!!;-))

RK

Jacob Hawkes
09-21-2011, 02:01 PM
He is a conservative Demie or liberal Rep. Pretty much the same IMO.

Raymond Little
09-21-2011, 03:16 PM
He is a conservative Demie or liberal Rep. Pretty much the same IMO.

He is a Fruit Loop and from his wife's bio, she is just as Nutty.;)

road kill
09-21-2011, 03:48 PM
But she is pretty good looking!!;-)

RK

Franco
09-21-2011, 03:50 PM

Because he is the only candidate that has workable solutions. Add the fact that is the ONLY candidate that will protect our Freedom. Does anyone think that Americans today are as free as we ere 50 years ago? Of course not!

Maybe some prefer a more Nazi like candidate like Perry or Bachmann.

I could see Kucininch in the right Cabinet post. The man is smart and values Liberty unlike most in DC.

Don't forget that it was the big government Repubicans that created the financial mess we are faced with today! The Republicans, and in particular Senate Banking Committee Chairman Phil Gramm and Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan, were the main proponents of deregulation. Republicans were the authors of that Act and the 2000 Commodity Futures Modernization Act that exempted over-the-counter derivatives like credit-default swaps from regulation by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Credit-default swaps took down AIG. So lets blame the real culprits.

If you think that the Republicans are "all that" then have at it. I blame both parties and would rather give the man that has warned us for decades that what we are doing will be our downfall. I also give him credit ofr indentify political talent when he sees it, I don't care what side of the asile they sit on!

road kill
09-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Because he is the only candidate that has workable solutions. Add the fact that is the ONLY candidate that will protect our Freedom. Does anyone think that Americans today are as free as we ere 50 years ago? Of course not!

I could see Kucininch in the right Cabinet post. The man is smart and values Liberty unlike most in DC.

Don't forget that it was the big government Repubicans that created the financial mess we are faced with today! The Republicans, and in particular Senate Banking Committee Chairman Phil Gramm and Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan, were the main proponents of deregulation. Republicans were the authors of that Act and the 2000 Commodity Futures Modernization Act that exempted over-the-counter derivatives like credit-default swaps from regulation by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Credit-default swaps took down AIG. So lets blame the real culprits.

If you think that the Republicans are "all that" then have at it. I blame both parties and would rather give the man that has warned us for decades that what we are doing will be our downfall. I also give him credit ofr indentify political talent when he sees it, I don't care what side of the asile they sit on!
Franco, Many think we are FREEER!!!

Read the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" thread!!!:rolleyes:

RK

BonMallari
09-21-2011, 03:56 PM

Nazi like ...puhleezzze...thats some of the most chicken**** stuff I have ever heard out of you...whats next the jack booted thugs reference about the NRA....very disappointed in you Franco

huntinman
09-21-2011, 03:58 PM
The only True Conservative on POTUS of course wants Ron Paul for President and Dennis Kucinich on his Cabinet! Secretary of UFO's?? This could be the new TIN FOIL Party!!

Jacob Hawkes
09-21-2011, 04:09 PM

He's something for sure. That said, I think he has some good ideas. The problem is for every good idea he has as many WTF???? ones.

Not a big Rick Perry fan, but please do not wish Bachmann on me. She has done nothing in her career to warrant being governor of RI, let alone the "Leader Of The Free World".

I could be wrong, but I think (Just off your posts.) you're closer to moderate/liberal than a true conservative Rep. I'm moderate Rep the more I think about it. It's okay. I don't think strict conservative views can help this country get out of the pickle it's in. That said, I don't see how the true Nazi, Obama, can stand a chance of winning this next election.

Franco
09-21-2011, 04:28 PM
I could be wrong, but I think (Just off your posts.) you're closer to moderate/liberal than a true conservative Rep. I'm moderate Rep the more I think about it. It's okay. I don't think strict conservative views can help this country get out of the pickle it's in. That said, I don't see how the true Nazi, Obama, can stand a chance of winning this next election.

The lable Conservative doesn't mean today what it did when the founder of the Conservative movement, William F Buckley Jr, coined the name. Today, if you listen to the Conservative pundits, they are nothing more than big government, limited freedom advocates. Ron Paul is truer to the original Conservative movement than any in DC. Conservative today has shifted to the extreme right and not much different than the extreme left, just different issues.

Franco
09-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Franco, Many think we are FREEER!!!

Read the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" thread!!!:rolleyes:

RK

I'll check it out later.

huntinman
09-21-2011, 04:31 PM
The lable Conservative doesn't mean today what it did when the founder of the Conservative movement, William F Buckley, coined the name. Today, if you listen to the Conservative pundits, they are nothing more than big government, limited freedom advocates. Ron Paul is truer to the original Conservative movement than any in DC. Conservative today has shifted to the extreme right and not much different than the extreme left, just different issues.

Right... today it means Ron Paul for President and Dennis (I was abducted by aliens) Kucinich, on his cabinet? OK.... Gotcha...

Franco
09-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Nazi like ...puhleezzze...thats some of the most chicken**** stuff I have ever heard out of you...whats next the jack booted thugs reference about the NRA....very disappointed in you Franco

Sorry if it offended you but, I'm just calling a spade a spade!

road kill
09-21-2011, 05:28 PM
http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww42/sbx1/Dennis_Elizabeth-jpg.jpg

:shock:

RK

huntinman
09-21-2011, 05:55 PM
Must have made her sit down.... she's at least a foot taller than him.

Marvin S
09-21-2011, 06:15 PM
The lable Conservative doesn't mean today what it did when the founder of the Conservative movement, William F Buckley Jr, coined the name. Today, if you listen to the Conservative pundits, they are nothing more than big government, limited freedom advocates. Ron Paul is truer to the original Conservative movement (that is complete BS ) than any in DC. Conservative today has shifted to the extreme right and not much different than the extreme left, just different issues.

There are no real conservative pundits :confused:. From where you are they may be, from where I am they are all liberals. Reagan was not a conservative ;-) .

There are few, if any, fiscal conservatives around. In the days of "free stuff", they would have a problem getting elected.

Franco
09-21-2011, 08:15 PM
There are no real conservative pundits :confused:. From where you are they may be, from where I am they are all liberals. Reagan was not a conservative ;-) .

There are few, if any, fiscal conservatives around. In the days of "free stuff", they would have a problem getting elected.

I didn't say there weren't any Conservative pundits. It is just the ones that get the most exposure, making the most noise are not in my book "Conservative" though they call themselves Reagan Conservatives. And, I agree Reagan was not a Conservative.

Bush 43 may have been a social Conservative but certainly not a fiscal one and the same for Reagan.

As a relatively new Libertarian (I've given up any hope for either the Repubs or Dems, most of them need to go home) I find the ideals of the party to be more inline with the old fashioned Conservatives. That being fiscally Conservative and Socially tolerant of others with a core belief in people and not big government.