PDA

View Full Version : Shreveport-Bossier FT possible cancellation

Tom Watson
09-21-2011, 03:33 PM
The extreme Texas drought has rendered our pristine new grounds practically useless. Unless we get enough rain to raise the water level above the dangerous pockmarks the cattle have left around the banks, we will be forced to cancel. I estimate it would take 15-18 inches of rainfall. We will make a final decision and post it here on Friday October 14, giving everyone plenty of time to enter the conflicting trials which close on the 18th. We regret this dilemma. Cancelling a field trial pales in significance when compared to the damage the drought has brought to agriculture and the economy in general in Texas. Keep praying for rain.

Tom Watson
Field Trial Secretary

Angie B
09-21-2011, 06:14 PM
Thanks Tom,,, the pockmarks are horrible on every tank.. Unless the situation can be corrected it poses a real danger to the dogs...

Angie

Jacob Hawkes
09-21-2011, 07:44 PM
The extreme Texas drought has rendered our pristine new grounds practically useless. Unless we get enough rain to raise the water level above the dangerous pockmarks the cattle have left around the banks, we will be forced to cancel. I estimate it would take 15-18 inches of rainfall. We will make a final decision and post it here on Friday October 14, giving everyone plenty of time to enter the conflicting trials which close on the 18th. We regret this dilemma. Cancelling a field trial pales in significance when compared to the damage the drought has brought to agriculture and the economy in general in Texas. Keep praying for rain.

Tom Watson
Field Trial Secretary

This really sucks. Please let a tropical storm drop several feet of rain in TX. This was one of the very few FTs that my young dog could run this fall/winter. :(:(

Angie B
09-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Let's hope for a rainy winter... Look forward to the spring Jacob...

Angie

Jacob Hawkes
09-21-2011, 11:19 PM
Yes ma'am. Doesn't look like I have much of a choice. Please the let rain come soon.

EdA
09-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Thanks Tom,,, the pockmarks are horrible on every tank.. Unless the situation can be corrected it poses a real danger to the dogs...

Angie

I thought you were still in MI, we are still training regularly in VV, no one on the IR list yet and we run many more setups in training than would be run in a field trial, not as bad as 1980 yet

Angie B
09-22-2011, 01:20 PM
I thought you were still in MI, we are still training regularly in VV, no one on the IR list yet and we run many more setups in training than would be run in a field trial, not as bad as 1980 yet

I am still in MI but friends have sent me pics and the tanks look pretty bad. Trying to get my fall test schedule together and it's looking pretty lame...

Keeping dodging that bullet Ed....:cool:

Angie