PDA

View Full Version : Why is the US still in the UN

BonMallari
09-22-2011, 05:22 PM
after seeing that little weasel from Iran speaking at the UN, I must ask why in the heck are we still in the UN, it serves no real purpose and is very outdated..get the US out of the UN

Franco
09-22-2011, 06:26 PM
Looks like you, me and Dr Ron Paul have something in common. Dr Paul has been advocating getting out of the UN for the last 20 years, unlike many of the Johnny-come-lately Repub wannabees!

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul82.html

Jacob Hawkes
09-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Mr. Franco, do you listen to the radio in the morning? There are a couple of guys who talk a lot about politics (Not just it.) & they mentioned the UN this morning. They're on a rock station here in Lake Charles/Sulphur. Very funny guys that have a decent amount of knowledge.

Franco
09-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Jacob, do you know thier names, station call letters or the dial position? We can't pickup Lake Chuck radio over here but I'm sure they stream on the web as most stations do.

This time of year I listen to WWL out of New Orleans because they mostly talk Saints and Tigers in the morning since they carry both or I listen to our local ESPN affiliate.

It will be interesting to see what Les Miles does if the Grand Jury clears Jordan Jefferson. I'd keep Jarrett Lee as the starter and make JJ earn his way back into any kind of QB rotation.

Raymond Little
09-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Frank, Jacob is talking about walton&Johnson and they get my preset every morning.
Conservative with a libertarian bent.

Marvin S
09-22-2011, 09:19 PM
after seeing that little weasel from Iran speaking at the UN, I must ask why in the heck are we still in the UN, it serves no real purpose and is very outdated..get the US out of the UN

The UN should be moved to some other country - Somalia, perhaps? & we should quit supporting those despots - John Bolton, regards :).

Franco
09-22-2011, 10:01 PM
Frank, Jacob is talking about walton&Johnson and they get my preset every morning.

Those two were first put together as a monring team in 1980 at WQUE in New Orleans. The station PD at WQUE plucked one of them from Beaumont and the other from Port Authur and put them together. Today they are one of the highest earning Morning Shows in radio with affilate stations across east Texas and Louisiana.

I worked at WQUE's sister station at the time they were hired. WGSO sharing the same offices with WQUE. WGSO was New Orleans' first all news/sports/talk station. When I saw W & J arrived, I thought to myself those rednecks will never make it! The W & J Show really took off early on when Johnson delevoped the BillyEd(redneck), Mr. T(black man) and Kenneth(gay guy) characters to the show and let the three of them agrue politics.

BTW, I left WQUE in 2005 to come to Cajun Country! WGSO fell apart in 82 when WWL got the Saints broadcast away from us and the Jazz had already departed for Utah.

I listen some to W & J via The Eagle in Baton Rouge. Those guys are brutally funny ragging on Obama!

Jacob Hawkes
09-22-2011, 11:39 PM
Jacob, do you know thier names, station call letters or the dial position? We can't pickup Lake Chuck radio over here but I'm sure they stream on the web as most stations do.

This time of year I listen to WWL out of New Orleans because they mostly talk Saints and Tigers in the morning since they carry both or I listen to our local ESPN affiliate.

It will be interesting to see what Les Miles does if the Grand Jury clears Jordan Jefferson. I'd keep Jarrett Lee as the starter and make JJ earn his way back into any kind of QB rotation.

I don't see that mental midget being cleared of anything.

That's the people I was talking about. I first heard them @ the beginning of the year when we were working in Oakdale.