PDA

View Full Version : Presidential Debates - Sept. 22, 2012

Gerry Clinchy
09-23-2011, 09:02 AM
Just watched some clips from last night's Presidential debates.

Interesting questions, and some humor from the candidates.

Have to give Johnson credit for his answer on job creation:
"I can say that my neighbor's two dogs have created more shovel-ready jobs than this President."

Interesting insights on who they would choose for VP:
Johnson would choose Ron Paul
Herman Cain would choose Newt Gingrich
Huntsman would choose Herman Cain.

Question of "If you HAD to eliminate a department, which would it be?" Cain replied with EPA. Start over with sensible regulation.

road kill
09-23-2011, 09:09 AM

"I can say that my neighbor's two dogs have created more shovel-ready jobs than this President."

Johnson would choose Ron Paul
Herman Cain would choose Newt Gingrich

Question of "If you HAD to eliminate a department, which would it be?" Cain replied with EPA. Start over with sensible regulation.

Seemed a few agreed to dump Dept of Education.

I also like something Santorum said about the military (is he a veteran?)!!!;-)

The only one of them close to my way of thinking is Cain.

RK

Franco
09-23-2011, 09:30 AM
Who won the debate?

Here are the results of yahoo.com readers;

POLL
Which GOP presidential candidate do you think won the Fox News/Google debate?

Rick Perry (7465) 15%
Mitt Romney (12806) 26%
Michele Bachmann (1854) 4%
Ron Paul (15811) 32%
Jon Huntsman (2080) 4%
Herman Cain (3892) 8%
Newt Gingrich (2503) 5%
Rick Santorum (677) 1%
:D

huntinman
09-23-2011, 10:31 AM

Johnson would choose Ron PaulHerman Cain would choose Newt Gingrich

That eliminates Johnson.

road kill
09-23-2011, 10:38 AM
That eliminates Johnson.

I wonder who Ron Paul would choose??

Kucinich???
Gerry Brown???

Just askin'.........

RK

huntinman
09-23-2011, 10:39 AM

Kucinich???
Gerry Brown???

Just askin'.........

RK

Cheech or Chong

Cody Covey
09-23-2011, 10:43 AM

Kucinich???
Gerry Brown???

Just askin'.........

RK

My money is on Maxine Waters!

road kill
09-23-2011, 10:46 AM
That eliminates Johnson.

HAHAHAHHA!!!!!!

Hilarious and true!!!:shock:

RK

Franco
09-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Unlike POTUS Place which is heavily weighted by the extreme right, Yahoo's poll represents a cross section of Americans!

As I said before, Dr Ron Paul has the ability to attract voters from all Demographics, unlike most of the other candidates which only appeals to the extreme right.

I'll take the old guy that represents real change with the vision and intellect to reform the culture in DC!

I'm off to Baton Rouge for the opening of the Ron Paul Campaign HQ!

huntinman
09-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Unlike POTUS Place which is heavily weighted by the extreme right, Yahoo's poll represents a cross section of Americans!

As I said before, Dr Ron Paul has the ability to attract voters from all Demographics, unlike most of the other candidates which only appeals to the extreme right.

I'll take the old guy that represents real change with the vision and intellect to reform the culture in DC!

Yahoos poll was swamped by Ron Paul loonies just like every other online poll they see his name on. Same with straw polls. That's the ONLY thing Ron Paul will win in this race. He has no chance in a REAL primary with REAL voters.

road kill
09-23-2011, 11:04 AM

Hey, Franco, how many times did you vote??

RK

Franco
09-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Hey, Franco, how many times did you vote??

RK

The Poll only allows you to vote once! Nice attempt to undermind a truly great American in Dr Paul.

Later.....

Marvin S
09-23-2011, 11:58 AM
Yahoos poll was swamped by Ron Paul loonies

The Poll only allows you to vote once! Nice attempt to underminE a truly great American in Dr Paul.

Later.....

Franco, are U OK? I'm getting concerned about your judgment :) :-P!!!!!!!! Don't want them carting you off in a SJ before we get to LA, need those food recommendations :) :-P !!!!!!!!!!!

BonMallari
09-23-2011, 12:04 PM
IMHO only Gingrich and Ron Paul answered the "who would you pick as VP" question properly, both declined to speculate and I think that showed a bit more class,it was a loaded question trying to get the candidates to trap themselves by aligning themselves with another

Gary Johnson easily had the funniest line of the evening,with the shovel ready jobs by his neighbors dogs.

Rick Perry stumbled badly especially on the funding of undocumented kids college tuition, might appeal to the hispanic voter...but it didnt make him friends with the base

Bachmann is done,she had her moment in the sun in Iowa

still cant figure out why the media (including Fox News) keeps pushing Chris Christie...

Marvin S
09-23-2011, 12:17 PM
still cant figure out why the media (including Fox News) keeps pushing Chris Christie...

Look carefully at his record & beliefs. He is not the savior!!!!!!!!!

huntinman
09-23-2011, 12:26 PM
IMHO only Gingrich and Ron Paul answered the "who would you pick as VP" question properly, both declined to speculate and I think that showed a bit more class,it was a loaded question trying to get the candidates to trap themselves by aligning themselves with another

Gary Johnson easily had the funniest line of the evening,with the shovel ready jobs by his neighbors dogs.

Rick Perry stumbled badly especially on the funding of undocumented kids college tuition, might appeal to the hispanic voter...but it didnt make him friends with the base

Bachmann is done,she had her moment in the sun in Iowa

Because he is a RINO... that's the ONLY reason the media would really like him... If he was a true conservative, they woul be attacking him at every turn.

BonMallari
09-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Look carefully at his record & beliefs. He is not the savior!!!!!!!!!

[/B]

Because he is a RINO... that's the ONLY reason the media would really like him... If he was a true conservative, they woul be attacking him at every turn.

I am NOT a fan of Christie, especially when I found out he was for gun registration,definitely lost me there

and yes I do think he is a RINO,just disappointed and getting weary of Fox calling it a two person race,especially when I am not a huge fan of either of the TOP 2

road kill
09-23-2011, 12:42 PM
I am NOT a fan of Christie, especially when I found out he was for gun registration,definitely lost me there

and yes I do think he is a RINO,just disappointed and getting weary of Fox calling it a two person race,especially when I am not a huge fan of either of the TOP 2

I like Herman Cain, he and I are on the same page!!!

RK

BonMallari
09-23-2011, 12:45 PM
I like Herman Cain, he and I are on the same page!!!

RK

thats my preferred candidate too;)

road kill
09-23-2011, 12:50 PM
thats my preferred candidate too;)
If Cain ran and chose Scott Walker as VP....DAYAAAM!!!!

RK

huntinman
09-23-2011, 12:51 PM

Deep down, FOX is no different than most of the MSM. The have plenty of libs, especially behind the scenes... We can't let the media pick our candidate for us again. Vote for who you like, unless it's Ron Paul.

I like Cain, too. I like Newt. But neither is really catching on yet. However, there is a long way to go. Last time McCain was dead in the water a year before the election, yet he slid throught the crack to claim the nomination (unfortunately).

Franco
09-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Franco, are U OK? I'm getting concerned about your judgment :) :-P!!!!!!!! Don't want them carting you off in a SJ before we get to LA, need those food recommendations :) :-P !!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry about me Marv, I'm one of the rare sane ones on POTUS;-)

Just returned from BR where the Ron Paul Campaign HQ opened today. Looks like a huge crowd will listen to his speech at 4pm on the LSU Campus, wish I could have stayed for it. I was reading in the BR paper about how popular he is on campuses across the country. I'll find it and post it!

Be glad to suggest places to eat and things to see. Don't miss the National D Day Museum!

Here ya go, found it...

Paul will speak in Baton Rouge on Friday, Sept. 23, at 4 p.m. at LSU. The free event is open to the public and will be held at the LSU Union.
“The numbers of people being involved, the ease of which we can raise money — I am so excited, obviously, because the next generation is catching on, they know what they’re getting,” Paul said. “They know what they’re getting; they haven’t been overly burdened with false illusions and false economic policies.” With the increase in campaign money and fervent support — especially among young voters — Paul has gained popularity in recent weeks.

Jacob Hawkes
09-23-2011, 05:08 PM

You're right about that. It's nauseating. All this ultra conservative BS that never allows a country to push forward. The worst part? They try to push their opinions off as the be all end all. I'm certainly not as liberal Rep as you are, but I can see why you're against a lot of the "ideas" here.

road kill
09-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Don't worry about me Marv, I'm one of the rare sane ones on POTUS;-)

Just returned from BR where the Ron Paul Campaign HQ opened today. Looks like a huge crowd will listen to his speech at 4pm on the LSU Campus, wish I could have stayed for it. I was reading in the BR paper about how popular he is on campuses across the country. I'll find it and post it!

Be glad to suggest places to eat and things to see. Don't miss the National D Day Museum!

Here ya go, found it...

Paul will speak in Baton Rouge on Friday, Sept. 23, at 4 p.m. at LSU. The free event is open to the public and will be held at the LSU Union.
“The numbers of people being involved, the ease of which we can raise money — I am so excited, obviously, because the next generation is catching on, they know what they’re getting,” Paul said. “They know what they’re getting; they haven’t been overly burdened with false illusions and false economic policies.” With the increase in campaign money and fervent support — especially among young voters — Paul has gained popularity in recent weeks.

Franco,
I admire your commitment and follow thru.
Good luck.

RK

Franco
09-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Franco,
I admire your commitment and follow thru.
Good luck.

RK

Thanks RK!

If more folks got involved with the politcal process we would have better government.

Jacob, I like the Tigers minus the 6 points Saturday night. Saints will introduce thier new Spider Monkey Defense Sunday against the Texans. Another 6 sacks this weekend would be sweet!

Jacob Hawkes
09-23-2011, 06:07 PM
I like LSU big. They're not the style of offense that would give LSU trouble. I'm not even going to work tomorrow night so I can watch the game. Geaux Tigers!!!!

Saints by 7.

Gerry Clinchy
09-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Just read the transcript of the entire debate.

I thought Paul was vague & rambling in his answers to the questions. If one wanted to go Libertarian, I think that Johnson did better than Paul.

Huntsman & Cain could make a nice ticket. Probably easier to put Huntsman on the top of the ticket for the "presidential look" that someone mentioned on an earlier thread. But that would put Cain in a prime position for moving to the top of the ticket in a later election. I really do like Cain.

Never been a Santorum fan, but I admired that he expressed his opinions without mitigation.

Perry seemed to fare the worst of the bunch. Mostly because he's considered a front-runner.

Romney didn't do much better. He and Perry were (as Huntsman observed) spending too much time bludgeoning each other rather than making their own case.

Romney and Cain seem to have some meeting of the minds, as Cain mentioned him as a possible choice for VP (along with Gingrich) & Romney mentioned Cain (along with Gingrich). Is this a hint of alliances being forged?

Gingrich has the experience, but I still think about his "baggage" and he doesn't inspire my trust in his integrity.

If we could take all these fellas, come up with a winning ticket, and get the others into the administration, there could be some hope of finding some solutions. It could be a strength to have Ron Paul in Congress with a White House that was willing to listen to his ideas.

Franco
09-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Just read the transcript of the entire debate.

I thought Paul was vague & rambling in his answers to the questions. If one wanted to go Libertarian, I think that Johnson did better than Paul.

Huntsman & Cain could make a nice ticket. Probably easier to put Huntsman on the top of the ticket for the "presidential look" that someone mentioned on an earlier thread. But that would put Cain in a prime position for moving to the top of the ticket in a later election. I really do like Cain.

Never been a Santorum fan, but I admired that he expressed his opinions without mitigation.

Perry seemed to fare the worst of the bunch. Mostly because he's considered a front-runner.

Romney didn't do much better. He and Perry were (as Huntsman observed) spending too much time bludgeoning each other rather than making their own case.

Romney and Cain seem to have some meeting of the minds, as Cain mentioned him as a possible choice for VP (along with Gingrich) & Romney mentioned Cain (along with Gingrich). Is this a hint of alliances being forged?

Gingrich has the experience, but I still think about his "baggage" and he doesn't inspire my trust in his integrity.

If we could take all these fellas, come up with a winning ticket, and get the others into the administration, there could be some hope of finding some solutions. It could be a strength to have Ron Paul in Congress with a White House that was willing to listen to his ideas.

Which is it, vague and rambling or a man with ideas worth listening to?;-)

Don't forget that he is an elderly doctor and not a polished politician. When you vet his body of work, he's not perfect and will admit it. He has always been a Washington DC outsider. I like that!

Then, listen to what the candidates are saying. All of those ideas originated long ago with Dr Paul! He's correct on Foreign Policy; we do need to work on America first. Let the rest of the world beg for our aide in thier time of need. There is NO appriciation for what the United States has done for the world! Look at what's going on at the UN today.

He's correct about our Economic and Monetary policies and he will shrink the massive Federal waste! The Wall Street crooks will be running away to thier private islands around the world. Investment in the stock market would be real as in real money. Not phoney government paper.

Anyone read the thread I started on Keneysian vs Austrian Economics?

Franco
09-23-2011, 09:12 PM
I like LSU big. They're not the style of offense that would give LSU trouble. I'm not even going to work tomorrow night so I can watch the game. Geaux Tigers!!!!

Saints by 7.

The Tigers have the biggest, fastest most talented Defense I've ever seen in College Football! I'll bet you they set an NCAA record for least points scored against. Amazing with several Frehman starters. Hail Les Miles!

Saints have a new D formation they call, "Spider-Monkey". You'll see it Sunday. I'll give it to Coaches Payton and Williams, they make it fun for the team. Texans are a tough team and much improved since they got a legit DC.

Gerry Clinchy
09-23-2011, 09:12 PM
I think that RP can have ideas worth listening to & still be vague & rambling within the confines of the debate.

If one is well-versed about RP they could grasp the background implications of his comments, but taken by themselves they are vague & rambling.

In each of the two more recent debates, he comes off as a grumpy, old guy. Johnson came off better. JMO.

And, one can't exactly say that he is not also a politician ... he has been serving in Congress. The only one who has not served in an elected office is Cain.

Jacob Hawkes
09-23-2011, 10:02 PM
The Tigers have the biggest, fastest most talented Defense I've ever seen in College Football! I'll bet you they set an NCAA record for least points scored against. Amazing with several Frehman starters. Hail Les Miles!

Saints have a new D formation they call, "Spider-Monkey". You'll see it Sunday. I'll give it to Coaches Payton and Williams, they make it fun for the team. Texans are a tough team and much improved since they got a legit DC.

I really love our D. From the dominant DL, to the athletic LBs, & to the ball hawking & physical secondary. It really is a thing of beauty. They're so young too.

I'm curious to see this new formation. If Thy Saints being pressure & it gets home, they're tough to beat. When they don't, well, they can be pedestrian.

Jay Dufour
09-24-2011, 07:20 AM
I asked my twins who are in the last year of college why all their friends voted for obama.....They said he was young ,vibrant,and kinda cool,as compared to a stodgy old feller that seemed to have to force himself to smile,not to mention a rather silly pick for a running mate.

Jay Dufour
09-24-2011, 07:25 AM
So many vote on appearance and how they carry themselves, instead of what they believe...its utterly amazing.Sooooo point is don't nominate a mad , scouling old pair to send obama packing. There are not enough voters that give a real hoot....

road kill
09-24-2011, 07:53 AM
I really love our D. From the dominant DL, to the athletic LBs, & to the ball hawking & physical secondary. It really is a thing of beauty. They're so young too.

I'm curious to see this new formation. If Thy Saints being pressure & it gets home, they're tough to beat. When they don't, well, they can be pedestrian.

Yep......the Packers LOVE your "D" too!!!;-)

See ya in the playoffs.........at Lambeau

RK

Gerry Clinchy
09-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Insightful, Jay.

Fortunately, most of the prospective candidates could handle the photogenic aspects. Even RP could be effective if he could get off the grumpy, old man schtik.

charly_t
09-24-2011, 01:30 PM
So many vote on appearance and how they carry themselves, instead of what they believe...its utterly amazing.Sooooo point is don't nominate a mad , scouling old pair to send obama packing. There are not enough voters that give a real hoot....

Good post ! Lots of people saw Obama as they would a "star" that made movies etc. Some of those voters were just young but some were ladies with
......uuummmm........enough years to have more sense than to be swayed that way. News people were swayed by the PR etc. surrounding Obama. He was supposed to be the answer to our problems and instead he was a worse problem. Some will admit that they were wrong in voting for him but others won't and they will vote for him again. Very sad.

Jacob Hawkes
09-24-2011, 02:48 PM

RK

LOL. Was talking about LSU in the 1st section.

Gerry Clinchy
09-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Cain won the Florida straw poll. What do you think?

I think it's good to have a possible alternative to Romney & Perry.

Franco
09-24-2011, 10:20 PM

RK

RK, as Jacob pointed out, we were talking about LSU's D. Right now they are thumping 14th ranked WV.

But, since you brought up the Saints v Packers game, that was a good game! Packers were hot in the 1st Quarter, had all the emotion with all the old players on hand etc. In the final three quarters the Saints outscored the Pack 27 to 21 and the game wasn't determined till the last play.

See y'all in the NFC Champ game......in the Super Dome!

PS

You saw how the Saints whipped the Bears' ass last weekend. Hope y'all can do as well:razz:

huntinman
09-24-2011, 10:38 PM
RK, as Jacob pointed out, we were talking about LSU's D. Right now they are thumping 14th ranked WV.

But, since you brought up the Saints v Packers game, that was a good game! Packers were hot in the 1st Quarter, had all the emotion with all the old players on hand etc. In the final three quarters the Saints outscored the Pack 27 to 21 and the game wasn't determined till the last play.

See y'all in the NFC Champ game......in the Super Dome!

PS

You saw how the Saints whipped the Bears' ass last weekend. Hope y'all can do as well:razz:

A moral victory?

Jacob Hawkes
09-25-2011, 04:27 PM

Saints by 7.

Not bad if I do say so myself. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Franco
09-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Not bad if I do say so myself. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Jacob, you blew it, LSU beat the 14th ranked team by 26 points!!

LSU better be ranked #1 after this weekend and the Saints just beat the best team in the AFC. Exciting game but they are going to have to stop spotting the opposing teams so many 1st Q points. It's like they don't wake up until halftime;-)

Makes for a fun week:D

bobbyb
09-25-2011, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=Franco;857420]. Hail Les Miles!

Yeap...If he could only figure out what side of the field HIS TEAM is on....

BobbyB
cajun