PDA

View Full Version : Cain wins Florida straw poll

BonMallari
09-24-2011, 05:05 PM
game on now Herman Cain wins the Florida straw poll...Bachmann at 1%..we got ourselves a political race now...:D:D

yes I know its only a straw poll...but glad to see its someone other than Romney/Perry ;)

T. Mac
09-24-2011, 05:15 PM
game on now Herman Cain wins the Florida straw poll...Bachmann at 1%..we got ourselves a political race now...:D:D

yes I know its only a straw poll...but glad to see its someone other than Romney/Perry ;)

But you didn't mention that Ron Paul won the California straw poll.
Congressman Ron Paul (374, 44.9%)
Governor Rick Perry (244, 29.3%)?
Mitt Romney (74, 8.8%)
Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (64, 7.7%)
Jon Huntsman (17, 2.0%)
Herman Cain (15, 1.8%)
Newt Gingrich (14, 1.7%)
Thad McCotter (7, 0.8%)
Rick Santorum (7, 0.8%)

Gary Johnson (2, 0.2%)
Fred Karger (1, 0.1%)

Write-ins (15, 1.8%)

BonMallari
09-24-2011, 05:22 PM
didnt even know there was a Calif straw poll...unfortunately for Republicans , Calif is no longer a Republican state...I will give Ron Paul his props..just glad to see the media is wrong..its not a two person horse race

huntinman
09-24-2011, 05:41 PM
didnt even know there was a Calif straw poll...unfortunately for Republicans , Calif is no longer a Republican state...I will give Ron Paul his props..just glad to see the media is wrong..its not a two person horse race

I like Herman Cain. However, these straw polls and caucuses as well are a joke. We won't really know anything till we see some primaries with actual voting by individual voters in a voting booths. To easy to sway votes with the caucus process (as Obama proved) and the straw polls as well.

BonMallari
09-24-2011, 05:47 PM
I like Herman Cain. However, these straw polls and caucuses as well are a joke. We won't really know anything till we see some primaries with actual voting by individual voters in a voting booths. To easy to sway votes with the caucus process (as Obama proved) and the straw polls as well.

totally agree....but love seeing the media scramble...even Fox News...maybe now we can see more coverage of the other candidates..the Mitt vs Rick show is boring TV

huntinman
09-24-2011, 05:51 PM
totally agree....but love seeing the media scramble...even Fox News...maybe now we can see more coverage of the other candidates..the Mitt vs Rick show is boring TV

I'm with you on that. But I think the media is acheiving their ulterior motive... to tear those two down...

Jay Dufour
09-24-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm with you on that. But I think the media is acheiving their ulterior motive... to tear those two down...

Agree....but Go head Herman ! Ole Perry seems waaaay too stiff in those debates....like he may go postal any minute haha.

road kill
09-24-2011, 06:17 PM
I like Herman Cain.....a lot!!!:cool:

RK

zeus3925
09-24-2011, 07:59 PM
I saw an interview with Thaddeus McCotter. He can sell conservatism without being shrill. He does it well without sounding like he is ready to kill somebody in the process. Will he make POTUS? Probably not--at least not this round.

bbmclain
09-24-2011, 08:43 PM

RK

Me too!!!!!!!

Ken Bora
09-26-2011, 10:12 AM
didnt even know there was a Calif straw poll...

not much media coverage 'cause it is picked by migrant farm workers,
..... at night... ;)

RK

so do I

Gerry Clinchy
09-26-2011, 12:28 PM
I think I see a Cain trend forming in the previous several posts. Maybe more and more people are tired of electing the Washington "insiders"?

Cain could have suffered from low name recognition in the CA straw poll?

Maybe Perry and Romney are fading in the stretch because they deserve to?