PDA

View Full Version : How about we show some respect for the Office of the President

Nate_C
10-07-2011, 07:45 PM
I love this board. There are a lot of great/funny threads. I also understand that most are more on the far right side of things where I am more center right. I am not a support of Obama let me be clear. However he is our President and I think that deserves some level of respect. For the office and acknowledge that for these 4 years he was the choice of the majority of Americans.

We can attack his policies and approaches and respectfully say we are going to do everything in our power to see that he won't serve a second term but calling him a jackass....ect.. I think crosses the line. Don't you guys talk about getting back to traditional values. What more important value is there then respect, and no respect is not earn. Particularly as faithful people. We should be respectful of everyone around us, particular our democratically elected leaders whether we like them or not. Should we be the better people.

M&K's Retrievers
10-08-2011, 01:09 AM
Respect has to be earned...

Aretha Franklin regards,

road kill
10-08-2011, 03:35 AM
I love this board. There are a lot of great/funny threads. I also understand that most are more on the far right side of things where I am more center right. I am not a support of Obama let me be clear. However he is our President and I think that deserves some level of respect. For the office and acknowledge that for these 4 years he was the choice of the majority of Americans.

We can attack his policies and approaches and respectfully say we are going to do everything in our power to see that he won't serve a second term but calling him a jackass....ect.. I think crosses the line. Don't you guys talk about getting back to traditional values. What more important value is there then respect, and no respect is not earn. Particularly as faithful people. We should be respectful of everyone around us, particular our democratically elected leaders whether we like them or not. Should we be the better people.

I would have a lot more respect for the current group of class room experts if they could show just a little respect for the Constitutiuon and the Bill of Rights!

RK

BonMallari
10-08-2011, 03:37 AM

Nate ...let me put this in the most polite respectful way I can...

I have a lot of respect for the office and the Presidency...but DON"t you dare ask me to like it, especially when I didn't vote for the man, I have no respect for his arrogance and his constant demonizing of big business,oil companies,banks,people making over 250k/year, all trying to infuriate the lower and middle classes...its disingenuous its class warfare..

I dont make fun of his name,I don't make fun of his wife,I don't make fun of his kids..but DON'T ask me to stand idly by while the country I love and my dad and others fought hard to preserve is systematically broken by the likes of BHO and his administration...

Also don't forget that we live in a country that is free to voice one's opinion,whether that is a dissenting one or not...I may not like Westboro Church and their vile hatred, but they have the legal right to spew their venom...just like we have the right (as long as we are within the rules of the RTF) to voice a dissenting and in your opinion as disrespectful tone...

respectfully submitted

Bon Mallari

Mike Smith
10-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Hard to respect a man who doesn't respect his own country that allowed the freedom for him to become to President.

2tall
10-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Nate, I agree with you wholeheartedly. That is the primary reason I do not participate in this forum. I am not afraid of the ultra rights and their senseless cliche spouting. I do detest the crudeness and bigotry expressed and do not care to interact with that mentality. I wish I could join in some discussions here, but not with the current climate.

starjack
10-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Nate, I agree with you wholeheartedly. That is the primary reason I do not participate in this forum. I am not afraid of the ultra rights and their senseless cliche spouting. I do detest the crudeness and bigotry expressed and do not care to interact with that mentality. I wish I could join in some discussions here, but not with the current climate.

Who got booted and who did not????

subroc
10-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Did the left have respect for the office of the presidency when Former President George W. Bush occupied it?

I understand the hypocritical double standard.

M&K's Retrievers
10-08-2011, 01:33 PM
I....... However he is our President and I think that deserves some level of respect. For the office and acknowledge that for these 4 years he was the choice of the majority of Americans.

Exactly what has he done to earn anyone's respect? Name one thing.

That's not name calling. That's calling 'em like I see 'em.

charly_t
10-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Uuummmm......well........it is good to be able to express opinions freely but this is the good old USA and someone else is free to express their opinions also and they may just differ from mine or yours. Some people are going to express those opinions in a crude way.........their right you know. We can always ignore those posters. Personally I hear this kind of talk a lot of places not just on this forum. If we don't talk with one another about what is wrong how will we be able to fix it without talking about it.........what is right and what is wrong. I do not express myself very well but I will talk about our elected people ( both bad and good ). I had an uncle whoes every other word was a swear word but he was a very good person. No one ever wondered how he felt about an issue. :-) He was not raised by parents who ever swore except that Gramdpa might say " dad-gummit" every once in a while. The uncle worked in the oil fields and picked up the way he began to talk as an adult. Same with most of our young people today who attend public schools.

bbmclain
10-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Did the left have respect for the office of the presidency when Former President George W. Bush occupied it?

I understand the hypocritical double standard.

Exactly......

huntinman
10-08-2011, 03:26 PM

Welcome 2Tall, you have joined in with your comments above. You are free to make them. I wonder what your opinion is/was of the Tea Party events that took place over the last several years? Now... I wonder what you think of the Occupy Wall Street crowd? Can you give an honest assessment of those two groups? We know that the current occupant of the WH does not think highly of one of those groups and has recently expressed his "shared frustration" with the other...

Marvin S
10-08-2011, 08:49 PM

I wonder if you are sufficiently intelligent to recognize that you left yourself wide open with your willingness to call others names. FYI, I know many of those on this forum personally & they are decent folks who would fit in quite well in flyover country. There are NO ultra rights participating here :) , though from your place in the spectrum that might appear so.

As for your participation - it helps if you know something before coming here :-P .

2tall
10-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Marvin, I am not sufficiently intelligent enough to participate here. That is clear to me because you once gave me a kind complement until you found out I was on the wrong side of your agenda. I am not left, I am not right, I am anarchy.

Nate_C
10-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Nate ...let me put this in the most polite respectful way I can...

I have a lot of respect for the office and the Presidency...but DON"t you dare ask me to like it, especially when I didn't vote for the man, I have no respect for his arrogance and his constant demonizing of big business,oil companies,banks,people making over 250k/year, all trying to infuriate the lower and middle classes...its disingenuous its class warfare..

I dont make fun of his name,I don't make fun of his wife,I don't make fun of his kids..but DON'T ask me to stand idly by while the country I love and my dad and others fought hard to preserve is systematically broken by the likes of BHO and his administration...

Also don't forget that we live in a country that is free to voice one's opinion,whether that is a dissenting one or not...I may not like Westboro Church and their vile hatred, but they have the legal right to spew their venom...just like we have the right (as long as we are within the rules of the RTF) to voice a dissenting and in your opinion as disrespectful tone...

respectfully submitted

Bon Mallari

yes you have the right. That wasn't my point, its should you. Call him out on everything, say he is wrong. Say he is manipulating the system to push his agenda...ect..... What I am talking about is the name calling, an demeaning comments said as jokes.

BonMallari
10-09-2011, 05:01 AM
Marvin, I am not sufficiently intelligent enough to participate here. That is clear to me because you once gave me a kind complement until you found out I was on the wrong side of your agenda. I am not left, I am not right, I am anarchy.

Carol : just like on the RTF you don't need intelligence,you dont need experience, you just need conviction....fortunately here on POTUS its different from the main board...here we argue the message, not attack the messenger...its just the opposite on the main forum...unfortunately I happen to be a prime example of that happening...there are those that choose to attack and criticize many of my posts...little do they realize that many of my bits of advice come directly from accomplished proven FT'ers that have titled dogs,run Nationals,and even won a couple of them..But some seem to have a problem with me not the message (some have a problem with that too)

dont be intimidated to come out here on POTUS,if you truly believe in what you are posting (conviction), then it really doesnt matter, what others think..I may not agree politically with most on here, but I do respect their right (within Chris A rules) and respect their position and conviction, and all I ask in return is that they give me the same consideration that I give them..

You said you are neither left or right but anarchy....there is tolerance of anarchy as long as its goal and purpose are for the betterment of the status quo...being an anarchist just to rock the boat and stir stuff up does little and eventually exposes the anarchist to ridicule and exclusion from serios discussion

TN_LAB
10-09-2011, 06:12 AM
I agree with you about the respect. I do respect the President. It's un-American to not have respect for the President.

Let's not forget (can you imagine the uproar if somebody parodied Barrack Hussein Obama in a monkey suit?)

John Kerry (and yes...he does thrust himself in to the limelight and is opinion does carry more weight than some of the loonies out there....he should know better.

Maher: You could have went to New Hampshire and killed two birds with one stone.

Kerry: Or, I could have gone to 1600 Pennsylvania and killed the real bird with one stone.

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1204441853047&id=c9125dd4d5794c12f5e4278ecd9066bf

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1289090831197&id=8dc5da1b12597254fa5b45ab1d4cf338

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1188565299468&id=6bc85ed1a08146fec8181668a0321ca7

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/wp-content/images2009/imheretokillbushsmall.jpg

http://www.zombietime.com/sf_rally_april_10_2004/characters/120-2044_IMG.JPG

This aired on CBS!!!!!!
http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/wp-content/images2009/kilborn.jpg
On August 4, 2000, when Bush won the Republican nomination (but before he was president), Craig Kilborn on CBS’s The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn ran a graphic of the words “SNIPERS WANTED” under George Bush as he gave his acceptance speech.

12,000 people in San Francisco signed a petition in support of a proposition on a local ballot to rename an Oceanside sewage plant after George W. Bush.

"Bush is an incompetent leader. In fact, he's not a leader. He's a person who has no judgment, no experience and no knowledge of the subjects that he has to decide upon." Nancy Pelosi

zeus3925
10-09-2011, 01:54 PM
If you want good leaders for the country, then everyone has to dial back the vitriol. The hypercritical remarks make it unpalatable for anyone of substance to run for POTUS or any other office. Keep it up and we will be governed by scoundrels more than we are already.

Better yet, those of you that like to be hyper critical on these pages, if you're so smart, run yourself and see how you like the crap that flies your way. After all, you have a better idea, right?

road kill
10-09-2011, 02:00 PM
If you want good leaders for the country, then everyone has to dial back the vitriol. The hypercritical remarks make it unpalatable for anyone of substance to run for POTUS or any other office. Keep it up and we will be governed by scoundrels more than we are already.
Better yet, those, that like to be hyper critical on these pages, if you're so smart, run yourself and see hoe you likethe crap that flies your way. After all you have a better idea, right?

On this we agree.
Why would any decent, honorable, self respecting person subject themselves to this garbage??

And I don't think I am any smarter than Obama, but much more experienced.;-)

stan b

Marvin S
10-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Welcome 2Tall, you have joined in with your comments above. You are free to make them. I wonder what your opinion is/was of the Tea Party events that took place over the last several years? Now... I wonder what you think of the Occupy Wall Street crowd? Can you give an honest assessment of those two groups? We know that the current occupant of the WH does not think highly of one of those groups and has recently expressed his "shared frustration" with the other...

Bill - She has proven she can dish it out but won't take it, though I'd buy a book of her BS about dogs & travel for the entertainment value, she has a way with words. Danny Westneat had a really neat article in the Times about the Occupy WS crowd. After interviewing several of them, realized they didn't know the reason for the protest - anarchists :) :-P . Some 19YO Dimbulb from SF came all the way to Seattle to protest what :confused:

huntinman
10-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Bill - She has proven she can dish it out but won't take it, though I'd buy a book of her BS about dogs & travel for the entertainment value, she has a way with words. Danny Westneat had a really neat article in the Times about the Occupy WS crowd. After interviewing several of them, realized they didn't know the reason for the protest - anarchists :) :-P . Some 19YO Dimbulb from SF came all the way to Seattle to protest what :confused:

I remember the anarchists that showed up in Seattle in 2001 (I think) & trashed downtown during the WTO meetings. Many of them were dressed like turtles and frogs and were hanging from the sides of the buildings downtown. When they got violent the police responeded... yet the idiot courts sided with the anarchists when they claimed "police brutality". They had nothing constructive to offer but did trash many businesses and public places and left the mess for others to clean up.

2tall
10-09-2011, 10:48 PM
When I say anarchy, I mean the current system has to end. It is obvious that it is not working. As long as corporate funds elect the leaders and guide federal policy, we do not have a democracy. Voting for a dem or a rep makes no difference. They are still hand picked, hand fed and nothing changes or improves. I think both the tea partiers and the wall street guys are pissing into the wind. We have to change as a country, and as good citizens. The time has come to reject politics as usual and take the government of ourselves out of the hands of the biggest checks. That is my story and I am sticking to it. If you feel that I have insulted or called names, maybe it is only because you are sensitive in that area. I have not done that, re read my post.

bbmclain
10-09-2011, 11:07 PM
We DO NOT live in a Democracy, but a REPUBLIC.....And voting does make a difference.

TN_LAB
10-10-2011, 06:59 AM
I remember the anarchists that showed up in Seattle in 2001 (I think) & trashed downtown during the WTO meetings. Many of them were dressed like turtles and frogs and were hanging from the sides of the buildings downtown. When they got violent the police responeded... yet the idiot courts sided with the anarchists when they claimed "police brutality". They had nothing constructive to offer but did trash many businesses and public places and left the mess for others to clean up.

I remember that, too.

I always chuckle when the anarchists coordinate their efforts in an organized manner. :p

Franco
10-10-2011, 08:38 AM
When I say anarchy, I mean the current system has to end. It is obvious that it is not working. As long as corporate funds elect the leaders and guide federal policy, we do not have a democracy. Voting for a dem or a rep makes no difference. They are still hand picked, hand fed and nothing changes or improves. I think both the tea partiers and the wall street guys are pissing into the wind. We have to change as a country, and as good citizens. The time has come to reject politics as usual and take the government of ourselves out of the hands of the biggest checks. That is my story and I am sticking to it. If you feel that I have insulted or called names, maybe it is only because you are sensitive in that area. I have not done that, re read my post.

No doubt the culture in DC needs to change drastically. There is one candidate capable of doing so. A candidates that has been warning against the road our Federal leadership has taken us down for decades!

What we really have is a failure of the electorate for either supporting nanny state union hugging leftist or the the Religious Right supporting the brain dead extreme right.

2tall
10-10-2011, 08:47 AM
No doubt the culture in DC needs to change drastically. There is one candidate capable of doing so. A candidates that has been warning against the road our Federal leadership has taken us down for decades!

What we really have is a failure of the electorate for either supporting nanny state union hugging leftist or the the Religious Right supporting the brain dead extreme right.

Yes Franco, this is exactly what I was trying to say, yet did not do so as succinctly as you did. Now of course comes the question, how to we as a concerned and involved citizenry, repair the holes? I know the answer is not violence, but it is also not slinging names like liberal or conservative to describe what we see as the enemy. Somehow we need to walk away from the jargon and emotionally charged language, and work together to fix the broken parts.

BonMallari
10-10-2011, 09:16 AM
Yes Franco, this is exactly what I was trying to say, yet did not do so as succinctly as you did. Now of course comes the question, how to we as a concerned and involved citizenry, repair the holes? I know the answer is not violence, but it is also not slinging names like liberal or conservative to describe what we see as the enemy. Somehow we need to walk away from the jargon and emotionally charged language, and work together to fix the broken parts.

quit voting the same incumbents into Congress...its our collective fault...we put some of these idiots in office..either because we put some other idiot in office and now suffer the backlash of another anti idiot candidate...unfortunately we didnt get here overnight or thru one election and we wont change it after the next election, but its a good start

road kill
10-10-2011, 09:21 AM
quit voting the same incumbents into Congress...its our collective fault...we put some of these idiots in office..either because we put some other idiot in office and now suffer the backlash of another anti idiot candidate...unfortunately we didnt get here overnight or thru one election and we wont change it after the next election, but its a good start
WE can change it.
Look what we have done here in WI!!!

Governor Walker
Senator Ron Johnson

RK

TN_LAB
10-10-2011, 11:42 AM

I heard this recently and thought it had some merit.

Everybody hates Congress, but likes their Congressman.

Wonder what might happen if the local Congressmen started their spending cuts with his own state's projects? I'm sure some have done some of that, but I can't help but wonder what the folks back home might think ("go up there and cut the spending...just make sure none of our projects back home get the axe")

road kill
10-10-2011, 11:55 AM
BTW----How do I respect a guy that HATES me!!??!!??

RK

BonMallari
10-10-2011, 01:36 PM
I heard this recently and thought it had some merit.

Everybody hates Congress, but likes their Congressman.

Wonder what might happen if the local Congressmen started their spending cuts with his own state's projects? I'm sure some have done some of that, but I can't help but wonder what the folks back home might think ("go up there and cut the spending...just make sure none of our projects back home get the axe")

one of my US Senators is Harry Reid...no love lost there

the other used to be John Ensign....no respect there

my Congressperson is Shelley Berkley....no love there either..

but Senator Reid did have a NICE four lane highway built from Las Vegas to his hometown of Searchlight about 50 miles away...the freshly paved road ends at the outside city limit (its population is less than 1K people)