PDA

View Full Version : AR Idiots ! !

Doc E
10-14-2011, 09:00 AM
The owners of this mink ranch are all patients of mine. I know for a fact that they treat their animals with respect. The mink are well taken care of and are dispatched humanely ------ much unlike how they would have died in the wild.
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/oct/13/activists-release-1000-mink-ranch/
SPOKANE, Wash. — Animal rights activists are believed to have released about 1,000 mink from their cages at a mink farm near the tiny town of Gifford, located along the Columbia River in northeastern Washington, but the freed animals didn’t really scamper away, according to a sheriff’s spokesman.
Stevens County Sheriff Sergeant Loren Erdman said the owners of Miller’s Mink Ranch were able to round up nearly all of the released animals and put them back in pens. He said mink released into the wild tend to die fairly quickly, and most of the animals released early Wednesday morning stayed close to the ranch.
The North American Animal Liberation Press Office said animal liberationists were taking credit for the release. But the press office does not know the names of the people who released the mink.
“We don’t know who does it and we don’t want to know who does it,” said Jerry Vlasek, spokesman for the California-based Animal Liberation group.
In a press release, the group said it also destroyed breeding records.
“We think that the callous disrespect with which the fur industry treats the animals is despicable,”’ the group’s press release said.
A message left at the mink ranch was not returned.
Gifford is an unincorporated community along the Columbia River southwest of Colville

charly_t
10-14-2011, 11:53 AM
They don't really care about the animals. Years ago they put out poison for the dogs in an area that was to be used for a hunt. Makes no sense to kill the dogs to save the birds. They just want to tell other people what to do and control those other people.

Poor mink........any thinking person should have known that they would not have a clue how to live outside of the homes that they had always known.
A R types are out to keep us from using animals in any way. Part of the blame can be put on the film industry who over the years has made films that in no way gave a true picture of animals and how they live. And then there is the school teachers who give out the false info to their classes.

FOM
10-14-2011, 12:47 PM
This is one of my favorites...it's been floating around FB for a little while now, but I still get a chuckle out of it!

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/298856_211828042217046_102673803132471_507132_1994 70062_n.jpg

charly_t
10-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Very much like the lady who told my Mother that she would buy her chicken in the store so no body had to kill it.

starjack
10-14-2011, 06:04 PM
This is one of my favorites...it's been floating around FB for a little while now, but I still get a chuckle out of it!

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/298856_211828042217046_102673803132471_507132_1994 70062_n.jpg

I am really getting close to seeing it all :rolleyes: That is always going to be good for a laugh;)

achiro
10-18-2011, 11:42 AM
Here is an exchange from a football board i visit. A little glimpse of the stupidity in these folks heads.

i agree that is a necessary skill that should be taught to everyone... because you never know when you're gonna be hiding from the cops and need to secure your own lunch... i just don't see how people can legitimize sport hunting.

You a vegan?

no. the meat i eat was domesticated for the sole purpose of giving me ribeyes and burgers.

cattle and chickens serve no other purpose than to provide humans with food, largely removed from the food chain.