PDA

View Full Version : Two Mike Lardy Workshops, June 2012

blind ambition
10-14-2011, 05:40 PM
The BC Labrador Retriever Club will host two back to back 4 day Mike Lardy retriever training workshops on the TNT training grounds 40 min east of Vancouver in Aldergrove BC.

Basics/Transition June 21-24 2012
Advanced(with Dennis Voigt) June 28-July 1

Learn it all in just over one week in North America's most hospitable climate; temperatures in June are in the 70's w/low humidity and there are few mosquitoes and no ticks, snakes or 'gators to make life miserable for you and your dog.

Registration opens in December through Mike's web site or PM me for more details.

Breck
10-15-2011, 05:05 PM
What's the story behind the 4 leaf clover?

blind ambition
10-18-2011, 04:50 PM
The site you see with the clover leaf island is a golf course which has been stalled in the development stage...it was nice of them to develop the water feature 1st. :D

If you look at the pond area directly North of that site across the road, you will see one of the grounds we will hold the Advanced W/S on, if you look to the south west, the adjoining pasture is where we will hold a day of Advanced land work and if you look East to Lefebre Road and travel North on it to the Trans Canada Hwy you will see the Gunn's TNT training property where we will hold the Basics/Transitions W/S and a couple of days of the Advanced as well. All in all the selected properties offer great training opportunities within minutes of major urban shopping and recreational amenities...this is one training holiday your spouse will want to go on too.

Paul "Happy" Gilmore
10-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Sounds like fun!

Radar09
10-18-2011, 06:26 PM
I am interested in this course. I have a few questions about it, but don't have enough posts to send a PM

blind ambition
10-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Radar09, I have sent you a PM but in case you can't receive PM's either. Here is a bit more info for you

Mike sets his prices for these events but based on this year's price I believe they will be $650.00 for working spots and $325.00 for the observer spots.
There are only 10 working spots per workshop and Mike selects the dogs based on what he needs for the demonstrations planned. There is no restriction on observer spots but the limit is around 30 persons first come first served.

If you plan to work and maintain your current dog or train the next dog yourselves then the workshops are of unparallelled value. Many Pro trainers have taken the Lardy workshops to enhance their own knowledge and skills. Mike is an extraordinary instructor and Dennis Voigt publisher of Retrievers Online(posts regularly on RTF) will give amateur trainers much useful training ideas, especially for those who don't have a group to train with. Check out Mike's site for more.

Michael Rigby

Kasomor
10-24-2011, 07:14 PM
The site you see with the clover leaf island is a golf course which has been stalled in the development stage...it was nice of them to develop the water feature 1st. :D

If you look at the pond area directly North of that site across the road, you will see one of the grounds we will hold the Advanced W/S on, if you look to the south west, the adjoining pasture is where we will hold a day of Advanced land work and if you look East to Lefebre Road and travel North on it to the Trans Canada Hwy you will see the Gunn's TNT training property where we will hold the Basics/Transitions W/S and a couple of days of the Advanced as well. All in all the selected properties offer great training opportunities within minutes of major urban shopping and recreational amenities...this is one training holiday your spouse will want to go on too.

What's the link for the map you and Breck are looking at?

Breck
10-25-2011, 06:50 PM
Linda
From south side of airport go 7 clicks west.

Kasomor
10-26-2011, 11:53 PM
I am embarrassed to admit I can't find what you are referring too.

Why embarrassed? Cause I only live 1/2 hour away from the area you are talking about!!:oops: :shock:

What's the cross streets??:confused:

Kasomor
10-26-2011, 11:59 PM
EUREKA!! I found it.

Looks more like a poppy to me. :rolleyes::cool: