PDA

View Full Version : Is Ron Paul being ignored by Media

BonMallari
10-18-2011, 12:23 PM
didnt want to hijack the other thread but here is an interesting article about the media and who they choose to cover...this in particular stands out the most

Itís true that Paul is only the fifth-most-discussed candidate on the Internet. But thatís where the core of his support Ė and his coverage Ė lies.

ďIn the ideology-driven blogosphere, a major wellspring of Paulís support is the idea that he is the candidate least likely to shift his thinking to fit political realities,Ē Pew says.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/Vox-News/2011/1018/Ron-Paul-Are-the-media-really-still-ignoring-him

Franco
10-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Good article Bon and I agree with it.

From the article;
Over the past 30 days, for instance, Paul has generated almost three times as many searches in the United States (http://www.csmonitor.com/tags/topic/United+States) as has Romney (http://www.google.com/trends?q=ron+paul%2C+mitt+romney&ctab=0&geo=all&date=mtd&sort=0). Texas Governor Perry (http://www.google.com/trends?q=ron+paul%2C+rick+perry&ctab=0&geo=all&date=mtd&sort=0)generated more Web interest through early October, but thatís cratered and now stands below Paulís average.
Michele Bachmann (http://www.google.com/trends?q=ron+paul%2C+michele+bachmann&ctab=0&geo=all&date=mtd&sort=0)? No contest. Three times as much Web traffic goes to Paul, the Texas (http://www.csmonitor.com/tags/topic/Texas) libertarian lawmaker, as to the Minnesota (http://www.csmonitor.com/tags/topic/Minnesota) tea party favorite.
OK, Herman Cain (http://www.google.com/trends?q=ron+paul%2C+herman+cain&ctab=0&geo=all&date=mtd&sort=0) does better than Paul. Over the past month, heís about 30 percent ahead, by Google Trends measures. Maybe that will change now that Mr. Cainís ď9-9-9Ē tax plan is under attack from his rivals.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here is my take on it;

Much of Paul's support and/or interest comes from the younger voters. I posted a story with link a while back that talked about the Libertarian Party being the fasted growing party escpecially among those in their 20's. These are you heviest users of research on the internet.

Second, because of the number of college students involved with his campaign, they are using the internet to get the word out. Whomever is handling his Facebook updates is doing a super job as well as the person getting all the video clips on youtube. Just here in town at the local U, Dr Paul has more workers than all the other GOP candidates combined. I am personally helping them with thier marketing of Dr Paul.

In regards to the mainstreet media including Fox News (Ron Paul ownes Fox Buisness News coverage), they are ignoring him. They just don't comprehend the damage done by the Federal Reserve, nor understand Austrian Economics nor his belief in Americans First. I think that will all change as we get closer to election time as people right or left, Progessive, Moderates, Independents, Conservatives realize that we basically have many of the same values. That being a love of Liberty, love for The Constitiution and a determination to end our dangerous Fiscal and Foreign Policies. Values that have been ignored and trampled on by both Democrats and Republicans over the decades.

huntinman
10-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Ron Paul was written off as a loonie the minute he said Iran wasn't bothering anyone and they had as much right to a nuke as anyone else... if not before.

LokiMeister
10-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Ron Paul was written off as a loonie the minute he said Iran wasn't bothering anyone and they had as much right to a nuke as anyone else... if not before.

Now there's a man that will ONLY listen to a Republican...and not a true American. :cool:

BonMallari
10-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Now there's a man that will ONLY listen to a Republican...and not a true American. :cool:

just because you like a person's message or dislike another's message it doesnt make either one a true American

its just like when people call others RINOS, extreme rightist,or any other political label...it doesnt make them any less patriotic or any less American ;)

LokiMeister
10-19-2011, 03:41 PM
just because you like a person's message or dislike another's message it doesnt make either one a true American

its just like when people call others RINOS, extreme rightist,or any other political label...it doesnt make them any less patriotic or any less American ;)

Agreed, but I have extreme reservations about someone that thinks the ONLY way is the Republican way (or the Democrats way, etc.). I think the same of my parents. They think Rush is a god.

BonMallari
10-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Agreed, but I have extreme reservations about someone that thinks the ONLY way is the Republican way (or the Democrats way, etc.). I think the same of my parents. They think Rush is a god.

that is part of the problem,its become a republican vs democrat thing...with BOTH sides unwilling to budge one inch, and along the process they have forgotten that the losers after the gridlock is Americans...both sides talk compromise but each side wants the other side to compromise first and whatever party is in the majority tries to bludgeon their agenda thru and the minority party drags their feet and basically legislates thru non activity

and the cycle continues

LokiMeister
10-19-2011, 04:15 PM
that is part of the problem,its become a republican vs democrat thing...with BOTH sides unwilling to budge one inch, and along the process they have forgotten that the losers after the gridlock is Americans...both sides talk compromise but each side wants the other side to compromise first and whatever party is in the majority tries to bludgeon their agenda thru and the minority party drags their feet and basically legislates thru non activity

and the cycle continues

It's ALL about getting power and doing what ever it takes to keep it even if it's against the law. A politician has to toe the party line, even if it is against his fundamental beliefs, to even stay elected.

Some people believe that the main stream media controls too much thereby not allowing people like Ron Paul have any say.

huntinman
10-19-2011, 08:54 PM

He is a true American because he wants Iranians to have nukes?? makes a lot of sense to me:confused:

LokiMeister
10-20-2011, 08:36 AM
I don't think he said that...

Franco
10-20-2011, 08:48 AM
It's ALL about getting power and doing what ever it takes to keep it even if it's against the law. A politician has to toe the party line, even if it is against his fundamental beliefs, to even stay elected.

Some people believe that the main stream media controls too much thereby not allowing people like Ron Paul have any say.

That underdawg roll is helping Paul's campaign. He raised over 1 million in contributons with yesterday's "money bomb". Mostly small contributions from individuals, none from Wall St.

I was just looking at a poll on, "Liberty News" and he is leading by over 2 to 1 with thier readers.

Besides, it may be good that the media isn't spending a lot of time with Dr Paul because they tend to either mis-qoute him or spin the quote to fit thier agenda.

huntinman
10-20-2011, 09:50 AM
I don't think he said that...

Maybe not verbatim, but close...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDvaTqLlZlA&feature=related

LokiMeister
10-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Maybe not verbatim, but close...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDvaTqLlZlA&feature=related

I will be clear because apparently you don't think I am...he didn't say that. If you watch the whole thing, he said something completely different. He said that why are we preventing Iran from having nukes, it just makes them want to have them more and then we go to war with them because we won't let them have nukes.

huntinman
10-20-2011, 12:39 PM
I will be clear because apparently you don't think I am...he didn't say that. If you watch the whole thing, he said something completely different. He said that why are we preventing Iran from having nukes, it just makes them want to have them more and then we go to war with them because we won't let them have nukes.

Maybe you should be running for POTUS instead of Rue Paul... you make more sense.

LokiMeister
10-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Maybe you should be running for POTUS instead of Rue Paul... you make more sense.

Thanks but never in a million years...

Franco
10-20-2011, 02:24 PM

Understand that the paranoid extreme right has no problem sending young Americans to fight and die, just as long as they don't have to serve. These war hawks are why we've been in A'stan over 10 years and Iran for nearly nine years wasting American lives and treasure. WE have no buisness Nation Building. I supported securing WMD's but also said here on RTF that if we don't find any that we need to get the hell out. It is why we were in Vietnam and now they want to start a war with Iran!

Pakistan is a country that hates the USA more than Iran. Why haven't they given terrorist a dirty bomb? Because they fear retalliation. Same for Iran when and if they ever develope anything nuclear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoP0ItndrAk&feature=related

road kill
10-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Understand that the parinoid extreme right has no problem sending young Americans to fight and die, just as long as they don't have to serve. These war hawks are why we've been in A'stan over 10 years and Iran for nearly nine years wasting American lives and treasure. WE have no buisness Nation Building. I supported securing WMD's but also said here on RTF that if we don't find any that we need to get the hell out.

Pakistan is a country that hates the USA more than Iran. Why haven't they given terrorist a dirty bomb? Because they fear retalliation. Same for Iran when and if they ever develope anything nuclear.

Spoken like a TRUE progressive!!

Word for word out of the liberal playbook!!

RK

LokiMeister
10-20-2011, 02:31 PM

RK

You can't be serious...

Franco
10-20-2011, 02:34 PM

RK

It's not Liberal or Progessive, it is common sense!

Would like to start another war, this one with Iran?

road kill
10-20-2011, 02:39 PM
You can't be serious...

Loki, before you get all indifnant and act like you know something, ask anyone here my position on Afghanistan.

Do a search on it on this site.

But we are still there....WHY???

Whining about it is getting old.
Every day a slow drip on Dr. Paul pewrfect solutions.

I have a solution for Afghanistan...GET OUT--YESTERDAY!!!

RK

LokiMeister
10-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Loki, before you get all indifnant and act like you know something, ask anyone here my position on Afghanistan.

Do a search on it on this site.

But we are still there....WHY???

Whining about it is getting old.
Every day a slow drip on Dr. Paul pewrfect solutions.

I have a solution for Afghanistan...GET OUT--YESTERDAY!!!

RK

Oh, sorry, didn't mean to insult you. Not sure what indifnant is.

I know less today than I knew yesterday but I know one thing for sure you know more than me.

Franco
10-20-2011, 03:17 PM
Well I guess Thomas Jefferson was a Progessive and a Liberal since he warned us against this very thing 235 years ago!

Reminds me of 10 years ago when the extreme right within the Republican Party and their pundits were calling folks that didn't support an invasion of Iraq as UnAmerican or Unpatriotic.

LokiMeister
10-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Omg.........

road kill
10-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Oh, sorry, didn't mean to insult you. Not sure what indifnant is.

I know less today than I knew yesterday but I know one thing for sure you know more than me.

I meant indignant.
Was in a hurry.
Please, search your heart for some forgiveness.
Or.....we can play the gotchya game in regard to spelling and grammar.;-)

Though I try to avoid it, every now and then I have to work.

You know how it is.

Just waiting for Dr. Paul to save us all from oour selves.

Ross Perot regards.........

RK

kjrice
10-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Understand that the paranoid extreme right has no problem sending young Americans to fight and die, just as long as they don't have to serve. These war hawks are why we've been in A'stan over 10 years and Iran for nearly nine years wasting American lives and treasure. WE have no buisness Nation Building. I supported securing WMD's but also said here on RTF that if we don't find any that we need to get the hell out. It is why we were in Vietnam and now they want to start a war with Iran!

Actually the $20B+ extortion we have payed quells that for now. There is going to be a time when the USA (gov) stops dancing and drops the hammer.