PDA

View Full Version : Cain /border fence comment

gmhr1
10-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Herman Cain made this statment he now says he's sorry and it was a joke. He spent yesterday in AZ visiting with Sherrif Joe I bet he doesn't think its a joke!

http://www.rr.com/video/2154802172

luvmylabs23139
10-18-2011, 06:46 PM
I have been saying for years the fence should be electrified. I disapointed he apologized for a great solution. A few people getting fried on the fence should send a stong message to the illegal border jumpers.

BonMallari
10-18-2011, 08:34 PM
the US position on illegal immigration is disgusting...really is one of our country's dirty little secrets...everyone and I mean everyone turns a blind eye to it,so extreme measure will be needed to turn this problem around...it wont be popular, it wont be humane, it wont be christian, but it needed to be done about a decade a go...epidemic is understating it a bit

Raymond Little
10-18-2011, 08:46 PM
I have been saying for years the fence should be electrified. I disapointed he apologized for a great solution. A few people getting fried on the fence should send a stong message to the illegal border jumpers.

Cost prohibitive, a better choice would be land mines.
Cheap too.

Gerry Clinchy
10-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Fact is, when you stop to think of the Berlin wall (designed to keep people in, rather than out), it took drastic measures for it to be anywhere near effective. Yet people were willing to risk their lives to get out.

So, it might just be more effective to remove the incentives that bring illegals here. That would be fining the employers & not offering free services to illegals.

BonMallari
10-18-2011, 09:19 PM
Fact is, when you stop to think of the Berlin wall (designed to keep people in, rather than out), it took drastic measures for it to be anywhere near effective. Yet people were willing to risk their lives to get out.

So, it might just be more effective to remove the incentives that bring illegals here. That would be fining the employers & not offering free services to illegals.

thats the part of the dirty little secret...heck I know that 50-75% of my fellow employees have questionable documentation, hey they send more money home to Mexico then they spend here

Steve Hester
10-18-2011, 10:49 PM
the US position on illegal immigration is disgusting...really is one of our country's dirty little secrets...everyone and I mean everyone turns a blind eye to it,so extreme measure will be needed to turn this problem around...it wont be popular, it wont be humane, it wont be christian, but it needed to be done about a decade a go...epidemic is understating it a bit

Putting up a wall or fence to keep illegals from breaking our country's laws has nothing to do with being a Christian.

BonMallari
10-18-2011, 11:02 PM
Putting up a wall or fence to keep illegals from breaking our country's laws has nothing to do with being a Christian.

No Steve you are correct, probably a poor choice of words on my part, but for example there are MANY churches,even one that my brother in Colorado belongs to that seem to foster illegal immigration, by giving aid, which is a Christian principal, at least it was in the church I grew up and was raised in. I am not totally cold and heartless, my family wasnt born here,but we came here legally thanks to my dad's service in the US Army

but my point being the steps we (as a country) need to take are going to go against a lot of morality that the country currently holds near and dear...We aren't going to go out and execute people, but we sure as heck need to deport more than a busload, and quit giving out student visas like a hall pass..

so yes it was a poor choice of words on my part...but I said it so I am stuck with it

WRL
10-18-2011, 11:42 PM
We don't need a fence.

A twenty foot wide moat filled with oil and set on fire.

I think if the illegals can swim through fire to get here, we might consider letting them stay.....

WRL

Buzz
10-19-2011, 12:05 PM
My solution would be BIG fines for anyone caught employing an illegal. Put them out of business type fines.

BonMallari
10-19-2011, 12:15 PM
My solution would be BIG fines for anyone caught employing an illegal. Put them out of business type fines.

Great idea in theory, but you are an employer and you know that the documents you receive on the I-9 forms are subject to fraud,it would be hard to prove that you knowingly hired an illegal,when in fact you believed their documents to be real..or what about someone who is having work done at their house or business and the sub contractor uses un documented workers, who gets the fine then...its a start but not the end all do all

Julie R.
10-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Get rid of the anchor baby birthright! And no free education/health services, etc. for freeloaders.

charly_t
10-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Get rid of the anchor baby birthright! And no free education/health services, etc. for freeloaders.

BINGO !!!!! Best post of the day.