PDA

View Full Version : Now that Qadaffi is gone

BonMallari
10-20-2011, 11:56 AM
have we opened the door for another country to be taken over by Islamic factions...I am not saying he didnt need to be hung/shot/executed....but he was pretty much held in check...it doesnt look like the rebels have any alternative govt, and is prime for another dictator to rise to power depending on who has the military power...be curious to see what and how much aid the US is sending to that country

M&K's Retrievers
10-20-2011, 12:04 PM
have we opened the door for another country to be taken over by Islamic factions...I am not saying he didnt need to be hung/shot/executed....but he was pretty much held in check...it doesnt look like the rebels have any alternative govt, and is prime for another dictator to rise to power depending on who has the military power...be curious to see what and how much aid the US is sending to that country

I suspect a friggin' butt load.:(

BonMallari
10-20-2011, 12:15 PM
I suspect a friggin' butt load.:(

I am sure you are correct..after all we (NATO) sent air support to help the rebels, but now that the rebels have the country, what is going to happen to that aid..another Somalia where the money falls into the hands of warlords or terrorists..

Franco
10-20-2011, 12:39 PM
If it were up to my candidate, Libya wouldn't be getting a nickle of our borrowed and/or freshly printed money the American tax payer is on the line for;-)

huntinman
10-20-2011, 12:42 PM
If it were up to my candidate, Libya wouldn't be getting a nickle of our borrowed and/or freshly printed money the American tax payer is on the line for;-)

No, but it would be fine with him if they and Iran and all the other unstable third world regimes out there have nukes and who knows what else...

Buzz
10-20-2011, 01:31 PM
It is no surprise that Faux News would be out of the gates quickly to characterize the overthrow and killing of a tyrant and a dictator as a bad thing by implying now that he's gone it will open the door to more terrorism and the takeover of Libya by Al Qaeda. After-all, it fits with the narrative of Obama paling around with terrorists. We all know that President Obama is actually an anti-American double agent secretly trying to destroy our nation from within...

BonMallari
10-20-2011, 01:48 PM
It is no surprise that Faux News would be out of the gates quickly to characterize the overthrow and killing of a tyrant and a dictator as a bad thing by implying now that he's gone it will open the door to more terrorism and the takeover of Libya by Al Qaeda. After-all, it fits with the narrative of Obama paling around with terrorists. We all know that President Obama is actually an anti-American double agent secretly trying to destroy our nation from within...

actually Buzz you are wrong on this one...I just happened to be awake when the news was breaking and CNN broke the story first, Fox put the message on their crawler but would not confirm it ..CNN also speculated as to what may happen now that the country is in the hands of the rebels,but we all know what disdain you have for Fox so you may have heard it the way you wanted to

Uncle Bill
10-20-2011, 04:03 PM
actually Buzz you are wrong on this one...I just happened to be awake when the news was breaking and CNN broke the story first, Fox put the message on their crawler but would not confirm it ..CNN also speculated as to what may happen now that the country is in the hands of the rebels,but we all know what disdain ???you have for Fox so you may have heard it the way you wanted to

Is that how Buzz spells "hatred"???

UB

caryalsobrook
10-20-2011, 04:13 PM

Now they are IMPLYING. Forget what they say!! In your dreams or nightmares. Are your sure you are not talking about MSNBC, Bush and Iraq???

BonMallari
10-20-2011, 05:31 PM
obviously Buzz did not see the footage of the"animals aka freedom fighting rebels" that took Qadaffi...Those are the guys that are going to be running Libya, just like the "freedom fighters" that tossed out Muhbarek in Egypt,that executed the Christian...if anyone really believes that either Egypt or Libya will have pro western democracies than you must be smoking the same stuff that the suspended LSU players were puffing on...

the whole region is going to be controlled by radical Islam and the one remaining ally will be....Israel...and we aint exactly at the top of their holiday gift list..

Hope that I am wrong...God help us if I'm not

road kill
10-20-2011, 07:06 PM

I don't think it's a secret!!!:shock:

RK

cotts135
10-21-2011, 11:00 AM
I heard this yesterday and it got me thinking.
If it had been a Republican president who had taken care of Bin Laden, Al Awaki, and now Ghadaffi , he would already be up on Mt. Rushmore.

Why Al-Awaki?:):):):):)

coachmo
10-21-2011, 02:14 PM
You are joking right? You fail to see the total hypocrisy here. The same liberals that wanted to bring President Bush and Vice President Chaney up on war crime charges find nothing wrong with killing individuals (i.e. really bad guys) with covert operations and by the use of drones. The same liberals that want to close Gitmo due to their belief that enhanced interrogations are illegal and war criminals should be given rights under our constitution and be tried in civilian courts. Please tell everyone you were just kidding!!! Oh and by the way didn’t candidate Obama use anti-war rhetoric while running for office? Just curious.