PDA

View Full Version : US Troops Out Of Iraq

Jacob Hawkes
10-21-2011, 01:45 PM
By the end of the year. I can't see this ending well.

BonMallari
10-21-2011, 02:01 PM

yup its going to be like Saigon circa 2011, sure would hate to be the last unit out, they may have to fight their way out of town

Gerry Clinchy
10-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Nixon received accolades for getting us out of Nam, in spite of the debacle it turned out to be. In the end the Vietnamese worked things out for themselves. Maybe not the way we would have liked, but they stablized their country.

Not so sure that will happen in Iraq. They have so many factions, and the Sunni and Shiite Muslims have never been able to work things out, even after hundreds of years. And if Iraq gets gobbled up by Iran, that won't stabilize things either.

charly_t
10-21-2011, 06:10 PM

Can we say "grandstanding" for political reasons. Obama has to do this so he can look good to some voters.

Franco
10-23-2011, 06:39 AM
Can we say "grandstanding" for political reasons. Obama has to do this so he can look good to some voters.

G W Bush got us into two disaters and Bush's policies after 9/11 are worse than the 9/11 itself and you want to be critical of Obama for getting us out of one of them? It is the only thing positive Obama has done since he's been in office! Obama inherited these two disasters and I only fault him for the fact that we are still in both today.

I'm not an Obama supporter but between starting these two wars and wrecking the economy Bush 43 is the worse President we've had since LBJ!

Jacob Hawkes
10-23-2011, 07:24 AM
How did he start the war on terrorism???? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

charly_t
10-23-2011, 07:55 AM
G W Bush got us into two disaters and Bush's policies after 9/11 are worse than the 9/11 itself and you want to be critical of Obama for getting us out of one of them? It is the only thing positive Obama has done since he's been in office! Obama inherited these two disasters and I only fault him for the fact that we are still in both today.

I'm not an Obama supporter but between starting these two wars and wrecking the economy Bush 43 is the worse President we've had since LBJ!

Franco, I will speak my mind about any elected person.......and often. My thoughts are that he could have started on this much sooner and not have waited till an election loomed. And don't bother telling me about Bush........
I did NOT vote for him either.

Now I have a dog to deliver so I can't play any longer this a.m.

P.S. :-) :-) :-) just so you know I'm not mad !

Franco
10-23-2011, 10:41 AM
How did he start the war on terrorism???? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I didn't say he started the war on terrorism. I said he got us into no-win wars with Iraq and and in A'stan. Iraq, a country with zero ties to Al Queda or OBL. In A'satn we went in to get OBL and changed course the deeper we got involved.

Iraq and A'stan are NOT the front for the war on terrorism. It's in the apartments where Islamic radical live in cities like Hamburg, London, Madrid, Rome, New York, Cairo, Demascus, Syria, on and on! Where they meet and plan acts of terror.

Kill terrorist whereever they hide but, to start wars where we are trying to change the mindset of a culture with an 13th century tribal mentality and rebuild thier nation is ludicrist.

And, we have POTUS readers that are advocation starting a war with Iran!

Not the smart way or cost effective way to combat terrorism.