PDA

View Full Version : Zanesville animal problem

charly_t
10-22-2011, 11:45 PM
I am wondering how the people on this board feel about the killing of those animals. It would seem to me that the law enforcement had no choice. I
am pretty sure that most of those animals especially the big cats would have been very dangerous because they would have lost their fear of humans. They would not have known how to hunt for their food and would have became very hungry. Then the easy prey would have been humans. I guess that I have read too many Peter Hathaway-Capstick books not to think otherwise.

WRL
10-23-2011, 01:11 AM
Its an unfortunate situation.

I believe most of the animals shot, were shot before the first nightfall. Probably didn't have the time to tranquilize and move the animals before something bad happened.

I don't know. But I think they did the best they could for the situation.

WRL

Sue Kiefer
10-24-2011, 10:12 AM
I believe that given the circumstances the officials did what they felt was neccessary at that time. MY biggest problem was how the media was allowed to get itself in there and photograph pics. of all the dead animals and pics. of the tractors that had these beautiful animals chained and were pulling them through the mudd puddles to some pre-dug gravesite for disposal like they were pieces of sh%t.
And the stupid interviews of animal siting and how "brave" the officials were that shot them. Don't you think that most of the animals were a little freaked out and ran when they saw humans NOT running to attack them???
What a shame. A tragedy all around .
Sue

starjack
10-25-2011, 03:24 PM
I think peta should of stepped up and gave a helping hand. It was tragedy i think they did the right thing

road kill
10-25-2011, 03:32 PM
I am wondering how the people on this board feel about the killing of those animals. It would seem to me that the law enforcement had no choice. I
am pretty sure that most of those animals especially the big cats would have been very dangerous because they would have lost their fear of humans. They would not have known how to hunt for their food and would have became very hungry. Then the easy prey would have been humans. I guess that I have read too many Peter Hathaway-Capstick books not to think otherwise.
I don't know exactly.

I love animals and I harvest them.

Would that be a dichotomy?:confused:

It is a shame that the loss of life was senseless.

RK

BonMallari
10-25-2011, 04:07 PM
I like a zoo, visit them whenever I can...but the animals this person had should not have been there or in his care..he got off and took the chicken***t way out, he sealed the fate of those animals...