PDA

View Full Version : Tebowing

BonMallari
10-28-2011, 02:56 PM
I am as big a believer in prayer as many on here but not sure about this trend..

Tebowing - verb- to get down on a knee and start praying, even if everyone else around you is doing something completely different.

FTR I never got the short lived "planking" craze either

http://tebowing.com/page/5

Franco
10-28-2011, 03:14 PM
I'll be Tebowing if LSU doesn't smack Bama a new one!;-) That's cause the only way Bama could ever win the game is via devine intervention! \\

BonMallari
10-28-2011, 03:56 PM
I'll be Tebowing if LSU doesn't smack Bama a new one!;-) That's cause the only way Bama could ever win the game is via devine intervention! \\

well you better get some practice in now because Bama is going to win :p:p

I have nothing against Tebow the man..he is a fine individual...now Tebow the QB and the love affair that ESPN and some of their staffers have with him is laughable, I even heard one commentator remark yesterday that if there were a Mt.Rushmore of CFB that Tebow would be among those carved in the rock ..puhleeeze

PocketLab
10-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Strictly College, He would be in the conversation. As far as the Pros, I think Elway is showing the fans that the Tebow experiment won't work.

BonMallari
10-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Strictly College, He would be in the conversation. As far as the Pros, I think Elway is showing the fans that the Tebow experiment won't work.

they are selling a ton of his jerseys;-)

Hew
10-28-2011, 05:06 PM
I have nothing against Tebow the man..he is a fine individual...now Tebow the QB and the love affair that ESPN and some of their staffers have with him is laughable, I even heard one commentator remark yesterday that if there were a Mt.Rushmore of CFB that Tebow would be among those carved in the rock ..puhleeeze
Who, in your mind, was a more prolific college football player? Tebow is EASILY in the top 5 based on just about any criteria you care to use....national titles, Heisman runs, shattered record books, impact on his team, impact on college football, leadership, won-loss record, you pick.

And it's a funny thing about perceptions...a Tebow hata like yourself sees all love from talking heads while I mostly see a bunch of regurgitated hata nonsense from most of the sports journalists. The same aholes who love the way Elway or Farve would sidearm a ball down the field and hung on their jocks are the same ones saying that Tebow's throwing style dooms him to NFL failure. I really enjoyed the pronouncements of Tebow's 3 quarters of failure (where Denver allowed him to throw the ball all of 6 times :rolleyes: and usually only when it was 3rd and long....not exactly a recipe for success) only to see them eat crow at the end of the game. ps...those same experts were saying Drew Brees was a too-short, weak-arm bust with San Diego.

BonMallari
10-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Who, in your mind, was a more prolific college football player? Tebow is EASILY in the top 5 based on just about any criteria you care to use....national titles, Heisman runs, shattered record books, impact on his team, impact on college football, leadership, won-loss record, you pick.

And it's a funny thing about perceptions...a Tebow hata like yourself sees all love from talking heads while I mostly see a bunch of regurgitated hata nonsense from most of the sports journalists. The same aholes who love the way Elway or Farve would sidearm a ball down the field and hung on their jocks are the same ones saying that Tebow's throwing style dooms him to NFL failure. I really enjoyed the pronouncements of Tebow's 3 quarters of failure (where Denver allowed him to throw the ball all of 6 times :rolleyes: and usually only when it was 3rd and long....not exactly a recipe for success) only to see them eat crow at the end of the game. ps...those same experts were saying Drew Brees was a too-short, weak-arm bust with San Diego.

not sure how you figure I am a TEBOW hater, got all kinds of respect for the guy...he is a class act no disputing that, He was the face of the Gator program and the face of CFB for his 4 yr run....just dont like the media going gaga all over him

my list for CFB all time great

1. Jim Brown

2. OJ -before he became a murderer

3. Earl Campbell (biased UT fan)

4. Elway

5. Archie Griffin

6. Johnny Rodgers

7. Herschel Walker

8. Tebow

9. Dorsett

10. Billy Cannon

Cody Covey
10-28-2011, 05:48 PM
not sure how you figure I am a TEBOW hater, got all kinds of respect for the guy...he is a class act no disputing that, He was the face of the Gator program and the face of CFB for his 4 yr run....just dont like the media going gaga all over him

1. Jim Brown

4. Elway

5. Archie Griffin

6. Johnny Rodgers

7. Herschel Walker

8. Tebow

9. Dorsett

10. Billy CannonTexas fan and no Colt McCoy on there? You sure you can continue to wear orange? :)

Tebow has one thing that will allow him to be an NFL quarterback and that is a tremendous will to win, which we saw in the 4th quarter last week. Granted this was against a defeated team and something he wouldn't be able to pull off against the Packers but still the kid won't give up.

BonMallari
10-28-2011, 05:51 PM
I will add this, no one epitomizes what is good about college football than Tebow, only Colt McCoy comes close....beats a lot of thugs that are in other programs across the country, including those that have donned the Longhorn colors

BonMallari
10-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Texas fan and no Colt McCoy on there? You sure you can continue to wear orange? :)

Tebow has one thing that will allow him to be an NFL quarterback and that is a tremendous will to win, which we saw in the 4th quarter last week. Granted this was against a defeated team and something he wouldn't be able to pull off against the Packers but still the kid won't give up.

Colt is a fine young man too, a very good role model...but Kellen Moore from Boise St will eclipse his all time win record with their next win, and Colt never won the National Championship or a Heisman...so cant include him in the mix, besides he ranks below Vince Young in my book as far as on the field exploits, and even James Street (showing my age there)

M&K's Retrievers
10-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Colt is a fine young man too, a very good role model...but Kellen Moore from Boise St will eclipse his all time win record with their next win, and Colt never won the National Championship or a Heisman...so cant include him in the mix, besides he ranks below Vince Young in my book as far as on the field exploits, and even James Street (showing my age there)

I've been with James with some of his off the field exploits back during the day before we both grew up. :D

Showing our asses regards,

BonMallari
10-28-2011, 07:09 PM
I've been with James with some of his off the field exploits back during the day before we both grew up. :D

Showing our asses regards,

did you grow up in Longview.... I got to meet James thru my old family attorney Pat Kelly, whose claim to fame was that he was the split end that brought in the plays from DKR, but he has a couple of Cotton Bowl rings and lots of great stories...also used to see James and his then young son Huston who is an All Star reliever with Colorado around town...real nice guy

M&K's Retrievers
10-28-2011, 07:44 PM
did you grow up in Longview.... I got to meet James thru my old family attorney Pat Kelly, whose claim to fame was that he was the split end that brought in the plays from DKR, but he has a couple of Cotton Bowl rings and lots of great stories...also used to see James and his then young son Huston who is an All Star reliever with Colorado around town...real nice guy

No, James was partners with a couple of friends/business associates of mine in the insurance business in Austin. This of course was after he was graduated from Texas. James is quite a character and cut a wide path back then. ;)

Hew
10-29-2011, 02:50 AM

1. Jim Brown

4. Elway

5. Archie Griffin

6. Johnny Rodgers

7. Herschel Walker

8. Tebow

9. Dorsett

10. Billy Cannon

All great college ballers. My only quibbles with your list (outside of the order you ranked them) is the EGREGIOUS inclusion of Elway and Johnny Rodgers in the top 10. Don't know how the QB of a team that had a losing record and never went to one single bowl game can rank as #4 all-time. Put the bong down and back away slowly. ;-)

And Johnny Rodgers isn't even the greatest Nebraska playa ever....that honor goes to Tommie Frazier.

I'd prolly put Hershel, Tebow, Earl Campbell and Billy Cannon on my personal Mount Rushmore...and maybe OJ if expanded to five.

A fun discussion/game to play, though.

BonMallari
10-29-2011, 03:09 AM
All great college ballers. My only quibbles with your list (outside of the order you ranked them) is the EGREGIOUS inclusion of Elway and Johnny Rodgers in the top 10. Don't know how the QB of a team that had a losing record and never went to one single bowl game can rank as #4 all-time. Put the bong down and back away slowly. ;-)

And Johnny Rodgers isn't even the greatest Nebraska playa ever....that honor goes to Tommie Frazier.

I'd prolly put Hershel, Tebow, Earl Campbell and Billy Cannon on my personal Mount Rushmore...and maybe OJ if expanded to five.

A fun discussion/game to play, though.

well I saw Elway play in HS and always wondered if he hadnt gone to play at Stanford he might have rewritten every passing record...

might have to concede the Tommie Frazier point to you...

there is one other player that I almost put in the top 10 and that is Billy Sims, my Horns had no answer for him and never touched him...

of course I also think Roger Staubach was one heck of a QB for a mediocre Navy team

road kill
10-29-2011, 08:07 AM
I am not surprised that the All-Time NCAA D-1 rushing leader would be excluded from your lists.

RON DAYNE anyone ever hear of him?

Ron Dayne put Wisconsin back on the college football map during a spectacular career in Madison. Between 1996 and 1999, the bruising Dayne ran all over opposing defenses, amassing 6,397 rushing yards to break the NCAA career rushing mark previously held by Texas' Ricky Williams.

RK

M&K's Retrievers
10-29-2011, 08:16 AM
I am not surprised that the All-Time NCAA D-1 rushing leader would be excluded from your lists.

Ron Dayne put Wisconsin back on the college football map during a spectacular career in Madison. Between 1996 and 1999, the bruising Dayne ran all over opposing defenses, amassing 6,397 rushing yards to break the NCAA career rushing mark previously held by Texas' Ricky Williams.

RK

No. Aren't you supposed to be hunting? ;-)

MooseGooser
10-29-2011, 09:56 PM

RK

Played a year for the Broncos

He did well. especially good game on a thanksgiving day game winning ona them 6 legged turkeys I believe.

He fought weight problems after he became pro.

Gooser

MooseGooser
10-29-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm Kinda a weird duck

I get down on 1 knee just before I puke!

Gooser

Gunners Up
10-30-2011, 10:20 AM
If your going to have a Mt. Rushmore of the all time greats in College Football you would have to have Barry Sanders in that group. Won the Heisman playing for a second rate program that didn't have squat for an offensive line. He essentially won the Heisman playing in only one full season after backing up Thurman Thomas. Unbelievable player that was a human highlight reel every time he touched the ball.

road kill
10-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Played a year for the Broncos

He did well. especially good game on a thanksgiving day game winning ona them 6 legged turkeys I believe.

He fought weight problems after he became pro.

Gooser

My bad, I thought we were talking about college careers........

RK

Marvin S
10-30-2011, 06:06 PM
there is one other player that I almost put in the top 10 and that is Billy Sims, my Horns had no answer for him and never touched him...

& he was how old the year he finished at OK?

BonMallari
10-30-2011, 06:15 PM
& he was how old the year he finished at OK?

by my calculations he was 24 yrs old

Buzz
10-31-2011, 12:00 PM
Looks like Tim got Tebowed by the Lions yesterday!

kjrice
12-14-2011, 06:36 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2008/09/15/tea_bag460.jpg

duk4me
12-15-2011, 09:13 AM
If your going to have a Mt. Rushmore of the all time greats in College Football you would have to have Barry Sanders in that group. Won the Heisman playing for a second rate program that didn't have squat for an offensive line. He essentially won the Heisman playing in only one full season after backing up Thurman Thomas. Unbelievable player that was a human highlight reel every time he touched the ball.

I think he carried that offensive line with him when he moved to Detroit.