PDA

View Full Version : Max 5000 Bumper Shooter

nhegerty
11-01-2011, 11:17 AM
I have an old Max 5000 bumper shooter that I have recently tried to use after it sat in the basement for about 8 years. I have replaced the battery and charged it. After I attach the propane bottle (new) I get only one shot bumper from the unit. The second time I press the transmitter the cylinder will rotate but the bumper will only shoot about 2 feet from the unit. The third time the cylinder will rotate but the bumper will not launch at all. If I unscrew the propane bottle and re install it the unit will fire one launch. Any suggestions on how to fix this unit?

Nan

Raymond Little
11-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Do you have a full bottle of O2? Have you checked the spark plug to make sure you getting a consistant spark? Very simple machine and trouble shooting is fairly simple also. Would also check plug wire for dry rot and probably replace. Screw on new cylinders and start playing with the regulators until you find the sweet spot. PM me your number and I can walk you through it if need be, I have 4 and they all have different moods.

nhegerty
11-03-2011, 11:09 AM
Raymond:

Thanks for the advice and your contact number. We will try your suggestions and see if we can get it to work. I'll call if we have problems.

Nan and George