PDA

View Full Version : San Jose RC

Judy Myers
11-04-2011, 09:35 PM
I was marshaling the Am all day so I can't tell you anything about the setup, but Open callbacks to the 2nd are (24 dogs):

5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 32, 34, 35, 39, 49, 51, 52, 53, 54, 56, 60, 62, 63, 64

Judy Myers
11-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Tha Amateur started with a land triple with two retired. It was an inline triple with the marks angling right to left away from the line. The first bird down was the middle distance bird in the center thrown left to right by a small tree and the gunner retired out of sight (no visible holding blind). The second bird down was the longest mark on the left thrown right to left and the gunner retired behind a brushed up holding blind. Behind and deep of this gunner was a huge, barrel shaped piece of equipment that attracted some dogs off line. Both of these gunners were difficult to see all day with the sun behind them and heavy cover all around them. They appeared to be visible only from the waist up, but the birds broke the skyline and were quite visible. The flyer was the shortest mark on the right shot left to right. The two retired birds were picked up in a variety of orders. Some took the long bird first, some took the middle bird first, and some dogs surprised their handlers and selected on their own after being sent of one. The majority of the dogs that I saw took a line behind the long gunner (perhaps because of the piece of equipment) and then squared over to get the bird. Many of the dogs did not go straight to the middle bird but rather flared right and then curved in to the mark.

The double land blinds were filled with hazards. The first blind was quite short and placed a few feet in front of the blind planter sitting in a white coat facing the line. The line to long blind went to the right of the short blind, through the left end of a row of cover and trees that ended on the right end at the bird crates for the flyer station, past the old middle mark on the left, past a person sitting on a chair in the field to the right, and on over rolling terrain to a bush on the ridgeline. The person sitting on the chair was not visible from the line but became visible to the dog once it pushed through or past the row of cover. Once they got past the row of cover, many dogs were drawn to the left by the route to the mark and many ping ponged between that and the person in the chair. Some were lost in the cover to the left and others disappeared over the ridge at the end.

Callbacks to the 3rd series tomorrow (22 dogs):

2, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 20, 21, 23, 25, 31, 33, 37, 38, 39, 41, 46, 47, 48

Judy Myers
11-04-2011, 09:58 PM
When I picked up the Open callbacks in the clubhouse at about 6:45, I asked about the Qual callbacks but the secretary didn't have them yet. I hope someone can fill us in.

KPL
11-05-2011, 01:24 AM
I heard that all dogs, but one that Luann picked up, are back to the last series water marks in the Qual. Twenty starters.

Judy Myers
11-05-2011, 08:26 PM
The Am water blind was angled the length of a channel. Two gunners stood on the lefthand shore and sluiced two shots into the water. The entry was over a mound that the dog disappeared behind for awhile. About 3/4 of the length of the blind, the line to the blind passed a corner of land where the channel apparently made a left hand turn. The line passed tight to that corner and continued to the end. The wind which was light early and then picked up for the later dogs was crossing from right to left. Most dogs were attracted to the left back so the casts away from the shore were into the wind.

Callbacks to the water marks tomorrow (10 dogs):

2, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 25, 37, 39, 46

Judy Myers
11-05-2011, 08:29 PM
I do not have the full results of the Qual but I heard that the placements were:

1st - Taz - McCowan/Taylor
2nd - ? - Amie Duke
3rd - Abe - Morrison/Erhardt
4th - ? Amie Duke

Judy Myers
11-05-2011, 08:36 PM
The callbacks to the 3rd series in the Open were (19 dogs):

5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 32, 34, 49, 51, 52, 53, 54, 60, 62

The water blind involved a long, flat entry to the water, over a point, by a point, and on to a bird on a rat trap. I watched many of the dogs run and there were some good jobs, some with many casts either away from shore or on the points, and some pickups. It was getting late and it was very cold, windy, and rainy so I did not wait for callbacks.

Northern Skies
11-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Congratulations to all. Good win for Taz and Mike Taylor in the QUAL - way to go team SkyHigh!
Lorraine

jgrammer
11-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Congratulations to Taz, Mike and Greg on your Qual 1st! And to Abe, Rob and Dave on the Qual 3d!

HarryWilliams
11-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Congratulations Greg McCowan. Good going Taz!!! SkyHigh has done a nice job with Taz from puppyhood to being Qualified. Harry

Judy Myers
11-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Amateur Results:

1st - Brook - Moore (Qualifies for 2012 National Am)
2nd - Pirate - Zellner
3rd - Reagan - Moore
4th - Nelly - Wannebo
RJ - Comet - Harger
JAM's: 10, 12, 37

Open Results:

1st - Freedom - Moore & Swingle/Sargenti (Qualifies for National Open)
2nd - Pirate - Zellner/Patopea
3rd - Cash - Bechtel/Totten
4th - Arthur - Lorenzetti/Pleasant
RJ - Cutter - Kahn
JAM's: 5, 53, 60

Lynn Moore
11-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Thank-you Judy for your amazing writing, as usual, and for marshaling nonstop the entire weekend. It was a fun trial, great grounds, and excellent judges. We had an awesome weekend! Thanks to everyone who helped our small club putting this trial on. How about the Derby?

BonMallari
11-07-2011, 02:06 AM
Amateur Results:

1st - Brook - Moore (Qualifies for 2012 National Am)
2nd - Pirate - Zellner
3rd - Reagan - Moore
4th - Nelly - Wannebo
RJ - Comet - Harger
JAM's: 10, 12, 37

Open Results:

1st - Freedom - Moore & Swingle/Sargenti (Qualifies for National Open)
2nd - Pirate - Zellner/Patopea
3rd - Cash - Bechtel/Totten
4th - Arthur - Lorenzetti/Pleasant
RJ - Cutter - Kahn
JAM's: 5, 53, 60

Congrats to Lynn/Michael Moore and Bill Sargenti on the Team Double header...guess Gary Zellner/ Pirate are tired of seeing you guys this past weekend.....excellent way to go into the National with a win