PDA

View Full Version : What should welfare leaches get?

luvmylabs23139
11-05-2011, 10:51 AM
So should those that leach off of the actual taxpayers get housing thru section 8 that has swimming pools and tennis courts?
This is what happened in CT. The welfare slime were forced on the taxpayers and we paid to have our pool invaded by them.
Is this fair? If so tell me why my tax money was stolen from me and used to make my life a living hell. Why did I work my butt off for some slimeball to do nothing and have everything I worked for,

paul young
11-05-2011, 11:09 AM
because you are just a different kind of slimeball.

sorry Carol.......couldn't take it any longer........-Paul

luvmylabs23139
11-05-2011, 11:21 AM

Since you live in CT how would you feel if suddenly your tax dollars were being used to house someone next to you that paid nothing and made your life a living hell?
DO THE WELFARE LEACHES DESERVE A SWIMMING POOL AND TENNIS COURTS?
IF SO WHY ARe YOU WILLING TO PAY FOR THAT?
Why was it fair that I paid taxes to have that happen? WHY is it right tat my hard earned money was stolen from me and given to the leaches?
EXPLAIN WHY IT IS FAIR!!!!

luvmylabs23139
11-05-2011, 11:24 AM
MY guess is you don't live in an area that has become infested by the section 8 slimeballs.

luvmylabs23139
11-05-2011, 11:26 AM

You consider a real taxpayer a slimeball because they don't want to keep paying for the leaches?????
Get real. They destroyed the condo complex.

KEITH L
11-05-2011, 03:10 PM
boy you got it bad most people dislike abuse in tax dollars and i am one
in fact may even pay more than you do. but take a heart pill relax and
vote for change. yelling screaming aint gonna get you anything buy a liquor
store sell the neighbors more booze make something off them----

keith l

Ken Bora
11-06-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm confused Luvy,
Are you in North Carolina or Connecticut?
Are mad because of the swimming pool or the gene pool?
Do you actively play a part in the political system and vote for people who say they will try to change things you do not like?
an argument could be made that those that take advantage of our opportunities and freedoms without participating in our political process are also simply leaching off of our hard work.

KEITH L
11-06-2011, 09:32 AM
love the gene pool... sounds like a person ready to go postal maybe
next news on cnn

keith l

mjh345
11-06-2011, 11:05 AM
So should those that leach off of the actual taxpayers get housing thru section 8 that has swimming pools and tennis courts?
This is what happened in CT. The welfare slime were forced on the taxpayers and we paid to have our pool invaded by them.
Is this fair? If so tell me why my tax money was stolen from me and used to make my life a living hell. Why did I work my butt off for some slimeball to do nothing and have everything I worked for,

Luvvy; from the tenor of your posts it is apparent that you dont believe that misfortune, bad luck, illness, divorce, layoffs etc could lead to someone being down on their luck.

You obviously feel feel that the only reason someone would not be self sufficintly wealthy, and therefore be stuck living in a lower end housing market would be because they were a lazy, worthless SLIMEBALL!!

It is my understanding that Section 8 is not offered for high end luxury housing and is only offered in the lower end of the housing market.

That leads me to wonder; What does that make you, in light of the fact that you were living in low end housing where you were forced "TO HAVE OUR POOL INVADED BY THEM"???????????

I hope you have a LUVVLY day LUVVY and dont have to mingle with any of THEM

HPL
11-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Luvvy; from the tenor of your posts it is apparent that you dont believe that misfortune, bad luck, illness, divorce, layoffs etc could lead to someone being down on their luck.

You obviously feel feel that the only reason someone would not be self sufficintly wealthy, and therefore be stuck living in a lower end housing market would be because they were a lazy, worthless SLIMEBALL!!

It is my understanding that Section 8 is not offered for high end luxury housing and is only offered in the lower end of the housing market.

That leads me to wonder; What does that make you, in light of the fact that you were living in low end housing where you were forced "TO HAVE OUR POOL INVADED BY THEM"???????????

Although LML sounds a bit strident, you are wrong for castigating him for living in housing for which he can afford to pay. If everyone would take that approach, we wouldn't have all these folks upside down on their mortgages. My wife and I also attempt to live within our somewhat limited means in a neighborhood that has both owners like we are and renters (some of whom have been on gov't support, and some of whom have been criminals).
I also am appalled at how many people are multiple generational welfare recipients. There was somewhat of a solution in the Waco newspaper a while back. He is that suggestion, I for one like it:

HPL

This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco , TX Nov 18, 2010

Put me in charge . . .

Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards (Texas' version of food stamps); no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want
steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women
Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we'll test
recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and
piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get
tats and piercings, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks?
You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your
"home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be
inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your
own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or
you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of
trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We
will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo
and speakers and put that money toward the “common good.”

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of
the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.. Before
you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem,"
consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for
doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least
attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system
rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Gov’t subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes that is
correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will
voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov’t
welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

charly_t
11-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Hey, Luvy is venting to us ( her friends I hope ). I think that helps us to keep from going "postal" in the long run when we have friends to whom we can vent. Many years ago an old friend and I decided as long as we had friends to vent to we didn't need any "head doctor" etc. I know a man who angers me often.............he pretends to be a good Christian.........my prayer to God for this man has been "Please, Lord, if this man is ready to meet his maker
just go ahead and take him now". Not nice but most of the time I am truthfull so there it is. Some things just need "addressing" at times.

luvmylabs23139
11-06-2011, 03:52 PM

At the time my husband bought the condo it was not like that. We didn't move to the hood, the state of CT brought the hood to us! When he bought in 94 the vast majority of the complex was OWNER occupied. He thought he bought at the bottom of the condo crash, plus it was large dog friendly with huge open grassy common areas. Unfortunately many people just walked away or short saled if the bought at the peak. The investors swept in and naturally rented section 8 because they were guaranteed the majority of the rent paid directly to them by the state. By 96 the complex owner occupancy ratio had changed to the point where the complex lost its FHA status which meant values fell even further and investors were scooping them up left and right. Unlike many people we did not just walk away from our responsibilities. When we moved we held it until the value eventually went up to more than we owed. We rented it out, dog friendly but not section 8. Finally we sold almost 10 years later at a profit. Ironically when hubby bought it cost $200 a month less to own a unit than rent one. That was mortgage, insurance, common charges and property taxes.
Happily these days I share my pool with 4 labs.

Blackstone
11-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Well, investing in real estate is a gamble. Neighborhood change for any number of reasons. But, just because the people were on Section 8, it doesn't make them slimeballs. Some of them are just people down on their luck, and trying to do the best they can.

luvmylabs23139
11-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Well, investing in real estate is a gamble. Neighborhood change for any number of reasons. But, just because the people were on Section 8, it doesn't make them slimeballs. Some of them are just people down on their luck, and trying to do the best they can.

I'm talking aout the ones where they were generational, never worked a day in their life unless you count dealing drugs! Believe me the ones I am refering to were slimeballs! You don't come stunbling at god knows what hour and rather than having to walk a bit, park your brand new drug dealing car either in the designated walkway NO parking fire zone or block the other people who actually work cars in so that they have to bang on your door and try to rouse you so they can get their car out to go to work!

Blackstone
11-06-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm talking aout the ones where they were generational, never worked a day in their life unless you count dealing drugs! Believe me the ones I am refering to were slimeballs! You don't come stunbling at god knows what hour and rather than having to walk a bit, park your brand new drug dealing car either in the designated walkway NO parking fire zone or block the other people who actually work cars in so that they have to bang on your door and try to rouse you so they can get their car out to go to work!

And, this was the majority of the people that lived there?

luvmylabs23139
11-06-2011, 05:26 PM
And, this was the majority of the people that lived there?

It was the majority of those on section 8! There are even more there now! And if you had to deal with it on a daily basis as I had them across from me and directly below me you would have the same attitude I do.
Flat out CT decided back then that rather than build more low income (welfare) housing it would be better to give them vouchers and let them destroy more areas.

charly_t
11-06-2011, 05:35 PM

Well I think what Luvy has said in the past tells the story pretty well. It sounds like one of the places where a relative lived. Some people just live like animals and they tear up and steal things in a way that ruins the neighborhood. A few of those kind will ruin the neighborhood. They make it dangerous for people who report their stealing etc. Most of you on here have not had to live in those kinds of neighborhoods ( thank goodness ). Between the govenment and the people who were the slimeballs Luvy and her husband lost a lot of money and more important perhaps they lost their peace of mind. It's kind of like living in prison and knowing that your own money is supporting the slimeballs. Sure you can walk away but who wants to lose their home. Most of us have a lot of money in our homes and we weren't investing it just trying to live decently.

luvmylabs23139
11-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Well I think what Luvy has said in the past tells the story pretty well. It sounds like one of the places where a relative lived. Some people just live like animals and they tear up and steal things in a way that ruins the neighborhood. A few of those kind will ruin the neighborhood. They make it dangerous for people who report their stealing etc. Most of you on here have not had to live in those kinds of neighborhoods ( thank goodness ). Between the govenment and the people who were the slimeballs Luvy and her husband lost a lot of money and more important perhaps they lost their peace of mind. It's kind of like living in prison and knowing that your own money is supporting the slimeballs. Sure you can walk away but who wants to lose their home. Most of us have a lot of money in our homes and we weren't investing it just trying to live decently.

We actually in the long run didn't lose money but we had to hold the property, deal with being out of state landlords etc. Because we decided to rent dog friendly we had our 3rd tenant for 7 years. She worked for the post office and was happy to have a dog friendly landlord. We also only raised her rent once in that whole time a whopping $25. Her rent by the time we sold was at least $400 a month below market. It was worth it to us to have a long standing tenant that always paid. Eviction in CT for non payment can take up to a year easily. Her rent basically just covered our costs during the 7 years she lived there. She was willing to put up with the slime because of her dog. She moved in right before the bann on any new dogs and hers was grandfathered in. Too many pitbulls ended up in the complex and were not controled. Very changed days from all the kids coming to the door to ask if we would bring our lab out to play. He used to dress up and go around on halloween with some of the other owners kids. It got to the point that owners were afraid.

luvmylabs23139
11-06-2011, 06:57 PM
By the way anyone who is getting my hard earned money is a slimeball. I'm sick of paying for other peoples kids. Anyone who can't pay fpr a kid can simply keep their legs crossed or their pants zipped. It is really not that hard a concept!

luvmylabs23139
11-06-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm confused Luvy,
Do you actively play a part in the political system and vote for people who say they will try to change things you do not like?
an argument could be made that those that take advantage of our opportunities and freedoms without participating in our political process are also simply leaching off of our hard work.

Grew up in CT but DH and I were tired of paying for the slime so we got out and moved first to VA. We cut our property taxes in half yet had a much better home. In CT we paid double for 850 sq ft condo than we paid for 2200 sq ft house on 10 acres in VA. Due to relocation we now live in NC. Tax wise not sure whether our house in VA vs NC is a better deal since our taxes kept going thru the roof in VA to pay for the 1000 sq foot houses with 4 kids who bitched for tax increases with stuff like but it is just a video game. Well maybe if for them but certainly not fpr me.
Personally everyone should just pay a flat per head tax!

luvmylabs23139
11-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Currrent property taxes. The 850 sq ft condo infested by welfare slime in CT $1935.00
MY house in NC 3700 sq ft brick on 4.62 acres with 1200 sq barn and inground pool. $1958.00 Yeah CT sucks and I'm so glad I don't live there anymore!

HPL
11-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Currrent property taxes. The 850 sq ft condo infested by welfare slime in CT $1935.00
MY house in NC 3700 sq ft brick on 4.62 acres with 1200 sq barn and inground pool. $1958.00 Yeah CT sucks and I'm so glad I don't live there anymore!
Just out of curiosity, do both states have income and sales taxes?
We own 5 rent properties (two houses and three garage apartments and I know what you mean about folks not taking care of your property. I have had at least one door kicked in in every property, always by the tenant, I've had fists punched through the sheetrock (also the tenants), a tree lit on fire (again the tenants), all sorts of other damage to hardwood floors, carpets, walls, etc. Not ALL my tenants have been like that but it only takes one per property to cost you a bunch of money.

luvmylabs23139
11-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Just out of curiosity, do both states have income and sales taxes?
We own 5 rent properties (two houses and three garage apartments and I know what you mean about folks not taking care of your property. I have had at least one door kicked in in every property, always by the tenant, I've had fists punched through the sheetrock (also the tenants), a tree lit on fire (again the tenants), all sorts of other damage to hardwood floors, carpets, walls, etc. Not ALL my tenants have been like that but it only takes one per property to cost you a bunch of money.
Both states have income taxes and sales taxes. CT has changed a bit but I think they still have no sales tax on food (soda and prepared hot foods are taxed)
NC has a small tax on food and they tax all clothing. CT has a certain $ value on clothes exempt. It used to be $50 but not sure what it is now.

Both CT and NC tax income. NOt sure who is currently higher but can tell you starting last year NC put a surtax on income over a certain amount above and beyond what we were paying. I think CT just did that too this year.

I can tell you that I remember vividly when CT under idiot Wicker put in the income tax. I had to pay and wrote on my $13 check in the memo section F U Wicker! I was working full time and going to college full time.
CT has much higher car registrations and liscence fees. Not sure about property taxes on cars today although it was much higher in CT the last time I had to pay them.
Overall, VA had the least tax burden of 3 states I have paid in. BUt I did not live in the burbs of DC and our property taxes were constantly going up in our county if you had a decent sized home and acres because you paid for the timy houses on small lots with multiple kids that were being built and they bitched at the town meetings. I told them more than once that I should not poay for their kids.

JDogger
11-06-2011, 10:46 PM
I'm confused Luvy,

Good try KB. Good try.

Why even try? regards, JD

Ken Bora
11-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Good try KB. Good try.

Why even try? regards, JD

but I must........;-)

http://www.mainlesson.com/books/baldwin/quixote/zpage080.gif

msdaisey
11-07-2011, 07:29 AM
mjh -

In Maryland the Section 8 housing is far from the lower end of the realestate market. About 15 minutes from me, you can get a new waterfront condo or an upscale townhouse. The condos were originally selling for about 800K, but when the market fell, many became Section 8 rentals. Tell me you wouldn't be pissed!!!!

Blackstone
11-07-2011, 09:40 AM
By the way anyone who is getting my hard earned money is a slimeball. I'm sick of paying for other peoples kids. Anyone who can't pay fpr a kid can simply keep their legs crossed or their pants zipped. It is really not that hard a concept!

What about the slimeball that could pay for their kid(s) at one time, but lost their job, or went through a divorce, now have health issues that prevent them from working. Is there no place in your world for people that are less fortunate than you are?

Blackstone
11-07-2011, 10:07 AM
The fact is, the Gov. doesn’t force anyone to enroll their rental property in the Section 8 program, and they don’t force the landlord to accept any renter that wants to rent the property. Landlords enroll their property in Section 8 because the rents are good, rent payments are guaranteed, and vacancy rates are low. That is why you see so many upscale properties with Section 8 renters in a bad economy. Many owners would not be able to keep these properties if it weren’t for the Section 8 program.

Taking on Section 8 applicants does increase the likelihood of getting undesirable tenants. However, it is still the landlord’s responsibility to screen the tenants, just like they would do with any other renter. If the landlord doesn’t bother to perform the customary screening, then you are going to get bad tenants. Some landlords don’t care who rents or what they do while living there as long as they get their money every month. Those are generally referred to as slumlords. They are as big of a “slimeball” as the bad tenant. So, if you’re going to be mad at Section 8 renters, you have to be mad at Section 8 landlords as well.

I have 2 friends that own properties they rent to Section 8 tenants. They get the occasional bad tenant, just like all landlords do, but most of their renters are good tenants that are just happy to have a decent place to live.

Jason Glavich
11-07-2011, 10:33 AM
I know people who have rented their homes to section 8 for the same reasons as above, it pays the bill. I thought section 8 could be anywhere but did not usually come with luxries, AC/Pools/spas/ etc because it would not be covered in the rent paid.

I own a house near a lot of section 8. Every morning I come out to an emtpy 40 on my lawn, sometimes they steal junk items I am going to trash anyway. One time they stole a 4 wheeler out of my truck(it was a feidns 4 wheeler for his son). I found the ones dealing drugs do not like me anymore, the ones messing with my dogs do not like the dogs after they lost their backpack full of xbox games. I live on the corner, it used to be the stopping point for a lot of riffraff and gaffiti on my fence. It no longer is, I do not think they moved away, i still see them, but I think they realized my guns are bigger, and the cameras don't lie, and sometimes do not record when something happens...

There are good people in the section 8 homes, who are down on their luck, they complain about the trash that lives near them as well. They know a lot of the people near them take advantage of the gov programs but not all. They are working hard to move out of the house they live in currently.