PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson's doctor

Julie R.
11-08-2011, 07:16 AM
While I don't think the doctor is completely blameless, I think that trial was a travesty of PC gone wrong. Michael Jackson may have been a talented musician, but he was a pedophile and a junkie. If Conrad Murray hadn't given him his drugs, Jackson would've fired him and found one that would. I'm sick and tired of that freak being deified--he killed himself. There--I said it. Jackson died because he was a junkie drug addict. And his family is a bunch of gold diggers that will do anything to keep the money stream coming in. I'm tired of the media painting him into a saint whose life was tragically cut short because of a murderer doctor.

Ken Bora
11-08-2011, 07:59 AM
saying if Murray hadn't done it Jackson would have hired somebody else is not relevant. nether is saying he was bad and deserved what he got. if his gardener had jumped off of a lawn mower and it ran over Jackson or if his pool boy had dropped a hair dryer into the swimming pool and it shocked him it would be the same negligence as a licensed physician shooting him up with a sedative only approved for in hospital use and leaving the room.... and that he did. The jury cannot include past acts or lifestyle of the deceased. They cannot use the, I believe Texas expression "He needed killin' " I actually am proud of the jury. Eyes of the world on them. I would not have wanted that job.
Murray could have said "no" and walked away any time. The other prisoners are gonna kill him in jail given the chance. But anyway, yes it is a much more PC world now. I bet nobody ever even thought to put Elvis Presley's doctor on trial when that prescription med junkie overdosed.

M&K's Retrievers
11-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Maybe if he were wearing gloves they would have acquitted him. :rolleyes:

road kill
11-08-2011, 08:12 AM
saying if Murray hadn't done it Jackson would have hired somebody else is not relevant. nether is saying he was bad and deserved what he got. if his gardener had jumped off of a lawn mower and it ran over Jackson or if his pool boy had dropped a hair dryer into the swimming pool and it shocked him it would be the same negligence as a licensed physician shooting him up with a sedative only approved for in hospital use and leaving the room.... and that he did. The jury cannot include past acts or lifestyle of the deceased. They cannot use the, I believe Texas expression "He needed killin' " I actually am proud of the jury. Eyes of the world on them. I would not have wanted that job.
Murray could have said "no" and walked away any time. The other prisoners are gonna kill him in jail given the chance. But anyway, yes it is a much more PC world now. I bet nobody ever even thought to put Elvis Presley's doctor on trial when that prescription med junkie overdosed.

Good point Ken.

This ain't the first "Dr. Feelgood."

RK

Julie R.
11-08-2011, 10:07 AM
True dat, that's why I said Murray wasn't blameless. I guess the part that annoyed me was the media coverage of St. Michael's murder, and that's what I mean about deifying that freak pedophile plastic surgerized drug addict. Yes the doctor made a mistake; it certainly seemed as if he was more interested in giving a celebrity patient his fix and keeping his job, than doing the right thing. I guess, given the circumstances and slant, the jury did the right thing; but the coverage is annoying. Interesting point about Elvis' doc!

WRL
11-08-2011, 12:47 PM
I agree with Ken.

Also, remember he prescribed the sedative for his girlfriend too.

Sounds like he was tempting fate and got caught doing it.

WRL