11-08-2011, 09:52 PM
....on Ohio?

Maybe if we just ignore it... It will go away...JD

allydeer
11-08-2011, 09:59 PM
victory in ohio:):):)

Franco
11-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Yup, lots of businesses want to relocate to Ohio.

What business doesn't want the opportunity to be blackmailed by the unions?

All one has to do is look at which states are union and which are Right To Work and what they have in common. Here's a hint; the union controlled states are having the most difficulty balancing their budgets and are having to cut services to the tax payers in order to support the unions.

Now OH can be right right up there with CA, IL, NY, DC, MI...all broke because public sector unions are bleeding taxpayers dry. This while WI is now solvent.

Down East Labs 217
11-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Unions are past their prime. Once upon a time they were needed. Now they only cost people their jobs. Unions costs plants to close and move out of state or worse, move out of the country because of their greed. This is the short version of why, the long version would take more pages than I care to type.

Thanks unions you do a great service for your forced members.

Richard

road kill
11-09-2011, 05:59 AM
victory in ohio:):):)
How is everything going in WI?
Let's see......

Balanced budget
No taxes increased
No lay offs
No services cut

Results??
Unionistas are recalling the Governor.

How STUPID is that???

RK

Hew
11-09-2011, 07:39 AM
I'm confused, JD. An old fashioned statist like yourself gloating that 2 out of every 3 voters in Ohio rejected Obama Care for their state? I guess hell has frozen over.

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/politics-elections/192549-ohio-voters-reject-health-insurance-mandate

JDogger
11-09-2011, 10:29 AM
I'm confused, JD. An old fashioned statist like yourself.......

That is because statists come in such a wide variety of political philosophies. Which is yours?

Not enjoying your sandwich any longer?
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/imagesCA6MWC0D.jpg

Buzz
11-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Unions are past their prime. Once upon a time they were needed. Now they only cost people their jobs. Unions costs plants to close and move out of state or worse, move out of the country because of their greed. This is the short version of why, the long version would take more pages than I care to type.

Thanks unions you do a great service for your forced members.

Richard

You're kidding right? It's the union's fault that jobs are going offshore? For years I worked for a huge multi-national. We moved manufacturing from northern states like Wisconsin & Ohio down into the deep south for low wage workers. But at some point that wasn't enough, so the MBA's proceeded to close low labor cost non-union plants in the south and move them to places like Mexico and China. I helped move the factories and I sat in the meeting rooms to hear what was said. The attitude of these guys is that the supply of cheap labor in this world is for all intents & purposes is INFINITE. That means that no one is safe, not you, not anyone else who aspires for a comfortable lifestyle and hopes to pass on a country to their kids that they inherited from their parents. Union or not...

Good luck...

M&K's Retrievers
11-09-2011, 10:50 AM
You're kidding right? It's the union's fault that jobs are going offshore? For years I worked for a huge multi-national. We moved manufacturing from northern states like Wisconsin & Ohio down into the deep south for low wage workers. But at some point that wasn't enough, so the MBA's proceeded to close low labor cost non-union plants in the south and move them to places like Mexico and China. I helped move the factories and I sat in the meeting rooms to hear what was said. The attitude of these guys is that the supply of cheap labor in this world is for all intents & purposes is INFINITE. That means that no one is safe, not you, not anyone else who aspires for a comfortable lifestyle and hopes to pass on a country to their kids that they inherited from their parents. Union or not...

Good luck...

In a word, yes. Salaries, benefits and retirement programs that are double the rest of the country. Can't be fired. Promotions based on tenure not performance. Unions were a necessary evil at one time but they have outlived their purpose.

Golden goose regards,

road kill
11-09-2011, 10:59 AM

Good luck...

Nope, not unions fault at all.....it's the fault of the FILTHY RICH!!!!!:rolleyes:

RK

caryalsobrook
11-09-2011, 11:02 AM

Good luck...

No, you are the one who HAS GOT TO BE KIDDING. the name of the game is COMPITITION. Take your own example. You care to know the top three states manufacturing automobiles? Well Tennesee is number 1, Kentucky and either Mississippe or Alsbama are number 2 and three. NOT MICHIGAN. Guess why, compitition. GM tried it in Tn. with Saturn, the only plant in the auto plant in the state unionized. Saturn is gone and the rest are still here. You want to answer why Saturn is gone and the rest are still here? Probably not since you never answer SIMPLE QUESTIONS.

Simple logic is that everybody buys the best product at the ceapest price. Another SIMPLE question. You are always bitching about the cost of health care. Is that notbecause you don't like the price?? Don't you just want it cheaper??

I'm sure you know the LAW OF COMPARABLE ADVANTAGE. Lobor intensive manufacturing goes where labor is cheapest and unskilled. Capital intensive manufacturing goes where workers are highly skilled and usually whee there is the greatestinnovation and venture. UNIONS TEND TO RESTRICT THIS MOVEMENT but in the end it will always take place.

road kill
11-09-2011, 11:25 AM
From the same ballot;

Ohio Voters Choose to Opt Out of Health Care Mandate

Published November 08, 2011
| Associated Press

COLUMBUS, Ohio Voters in Ohio have approved a ballot measure intended to keep government from requiring Ohioans to participate in any health care system.

The constitutional amendment passed is largely symbolic, coming in response to the 2009 federal health care overhaul, a provision of which mandates that most Americans purchase health care.

Supporters hope it will prompt a challenge of the overhaul before the U.S. Supreme Court.

The tea party and Republican groups backing the amendment say the Affordable Care Act was an overreach by the Obama administration and Congress.

They hope approval of the ballot issue will bar Ohio from instituting a state-mandated health insurance program like that of Massachusetts.

RK

huntinman
11-09-2011, 11:33 AM
The unions in Ohio didn't win anything. They held serve. Most likey in the long run, they will lose jobs and members because of this.

Like others have said, the state also shot down Obama-care. The writing is on the wall libs... 2012 is coming...

caryalsobrook
11-09-2011, 02:20 PM
The unions in Ohio didn't win anything. They held serve. Most likey in the long run, they will lose jobs and members because of this.

Like others have said, the state also shot down Obama-care. The writing is on the wall libs... 2012 is coming...

Leave them alone Hunt. We have nostate income tax. State finances are in decent shape. We are now the largest producer of cars. Now let's see what industries in Ohio now move here. Who was that that used to say on a TV show. "COME ON DOWN":D

Franco
11-09-2011, 02:36 PM

Good luck...

Buzz, we are talking public employees here. What they receive in salery, job protection, benefits including pensions is way beyond reasonable for the job they do or don't do.