PDA

View Full Version : Lacrosse boots disappoint !!

Baby Duck
11-09-2011, 12:04 PM
New pair of boots. Slip of pedal in truck and causes a small split on seam at ankle. These boots were worn 60 ft. Total. I contacted lacrosse and they had me send pics instead of sending boots and paying shipping. I thought wow pretty good service. Then they considered tear to be wear and tear. Only would cover 50% of new boot cost. If they split that easy I think I'd be afraid to wear afield ........

Needless to say. My first and last pair of lacrosse boots.

tpaschal30
11-09-2011, 03:18 PM
New pair of boots. Slip of pedal in truck and causes a small split on seam at ankle. These boots were worn 60 ft. Total. I contacted lacrosse and they had me send pics instead of sending boots and paying shipping. I thought wow pretty good service. Then they considered tear to be wear and tear. Only would cover 50% of new boot cost. If they split that easy I think I'd be afraid to wear afield ........

Were these the Mudlite neoprenes? Thanks!

Jason Glavich
11-14-2011, 10:39 AM

That is odd, I had a pair of waders that leaked in the crotch a year later and they replaced them free of charge with an upgrade. They must be losing their customer service touch.

JTN
01-09-2012, 12:38 AM
Let me guess....made in China?

J. Walker
01-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Let me guess....made in China?

Yep. I saw some at a store that specializes in closeouts and overruns last Saturday. I thought "LaCrosse is a good name. Let me check." They were $80 for just rubber boots made in China. Meanwhile, the no name boots made in China in the same bin were $25. LaCrosse, it seems, is like most companies that talk about "providing value to customers" yet the reality is that greed has taken over and gross margin is all they care about.

Brad B
01-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Well I've had better luck. Accidently ordered the wrong type of boot. So sent them back for an exchange. They didn't exchange and just gave my money back. I checked back with them after not getting my boots and the guy realized what happened and sent me out the boots I wanted. Still haven't been charged for them.

Baby Duck
01-09-2012, 10:09 AM
They were alpha sports. As I said last pair I buy with durability and service like that ...

Lucky Number Seven
01-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Get Muck boots and dont look back!

Joe Dutro
01-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Get Muck boots and dont look back!
I agree. The last pair of LaCross I owned didn't last a year. My first pair of Mucks are now 2 years old and still look great.

Brad B
01-10-2012, 09:43 AM
I do agree they don't last like they used to at all.

Baby Duck
01-18-2012, 07:14 AM
Thought they would last more than sixty feet in my lane and a drive to school. Good thong I wasn't in the bush or marsh ....

Very disappointing........

jeff t.
01-18-2012, 08:30 AM
they considered tear to be wear and tear.

I guess so

Bamaboy
01-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Have only bought one pair of LaCrosse boots in the last year or two. Haven't really put them through an awful lot but no complaints to date. However, I have 3-4 pairs that I have had for probably 10+ years that are still going strong. All of these have spend countless days in the duck/goose blind as well as up/down countless trees deer hunting. As for Muck boots, I had one pair. Quality seemed good and they were fine for walking on level ground. However, when I started scouting for deer .... up and down hills in eastern PA ..... they absolutely killed my feet. Wound up in the trash mid season.

Jim Person
01-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Last pair of LaCrosse I had for 12 years, finally ended up with dry cracks in them and started to leak, I still use them around the house for chores. Just bought another pair, I'd be happy if they last half as long. Tried the mucks, but they don't have a gusset in them and are to tight on my calfs.

QUAKENTIMBER
01-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Mine have been junk also

Bnew17
01-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Rockys only for me.

Neil B
02-02-2012, 06:36 PM
I just bought a pair of Alpha's for deer hunting. Normally I wear 12's, but due to a note to order up a size on Cabelas, I got 13's. They were tight with light socks. I had to ship them back before the season, and switched over to Irish Setters. I was a little disappointed.

northstorm
02-12-2012, 06:39 PM
I've have had my alphas for a couple of years and the only thing wrong with them is the camo pattern has started to wear off. I wear the uninsulated boot alot during training in the wet conditions.

Btillr
02-23-2012, 08:16 AM
A friend had issues with them on a pair of leaky waders, seems to be a problematic company

Lab & CBR
02-23-2012, 11:15 AM
I wear the Lacrosse burly boot for training/hunting. Never had a problem and they last for years. Over the years I've tried them all. I don't like the support offered by the muck boots

bushdiver
02-25-2012, 04:06 PM
lacrosse footwear use to be some of the best on the market. i have about 4 pair of pre china boots that i still wear.

you can talk about company after company with the same quality and customer service issues as stated here. it's a shame what has happened in this country to our good quality clothing and footwear companies.

i hope the day will be soon when these u.s. corporations wise up and bring the manufacturing base back to america. we need the jobs.