PDA

View Full Version : Penn State-Joe Pa

starjack
11-09-2011, 03:17 PM
What you think of this digusting mess. I hope they all rot in hell

Hew
11-09-2011, 03:25 PM
I think Paterno and PSU powers-that-be are living in a fantasy world if they think Paterno can wait until the end of the season to leave. He's gotta go NOW.

As a friend of mine said, "some reporter should ask Paterno what he would have done had he been told that Sandusky was seen abusing Paterno's 10 yr. old grandson in the shower."

Franco
11-09-2011, 04:30 PM
What a sad * to a great coaching career.

huntinman
11-09-2011, 05:54 PM
No different than the churches that have done the same. just trying to hang on to their power. Nostalgia be damned... what's wrong is wrong.

Cody Covey
11-09-2011, 06:28 PM
I'm confused what exactly Joe did wrong though, why should he retire? He had suspicions and turned him in to his boss.

BonMallari
11-09-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm confused what exactly Joe did wrong though, why should he retire? He had suspicions and turned him in to his boss.

kinda agree with Cody on this issue....its almost like the Pope...they knew the cardinals and bishops were molesting young kids...Paterno is only guilty of being stupid and trusting of those around him, and because he is the FACE of PSU its HIS legacy that will be forever stained...something isnt quite right about that

WALDMAN79
11-09-2011, 07:26 PM
How do you turn something like that in and then NEVER ask what happened with that Sandusky incident? That's all on JoePa. They banned Sandusky from the athletic facilities in State College but NOT from any of the other satellite campuses where he was allowed to continue his camps?!? Something stinks in Happy Valley...

Charles C.
11-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Paterno should go NOW.

Ryan M
11-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Being from PA, I grew up worshipping Joe Paterno. It disgusts me that this has happened to these poor kids. I have to wonder why Joe didnt follow up after the incident. I also wonder though, what actually was told to him by the witness. They are saying that what the witness told the grand jury is way more detailed then what he told Joe.

I hope that when more details come out, that it doesnt look as bad upon Joe as it does now.

M&K's Retrievers
11-09-2011, 09:21 PM

kinda agree with Cody on this issue....its almost like the Pope...they knew the cardinals and bishops were molesting young kids...Paterno is only guilty of being stupid and trusting of those around him, and because he is the FACE of PSU its HIS legacy that will be forever stained...something isnt quite right about that

Guys, come on. An assistant coach tells him that one of his coaches is sexually abusing a 10 year old kid in the shower and all Paterno did was report it to his boss. Give me a break. To hell with his boss. He should have gone to the police. For not doing so and for failure to follow up on it , Mr. Squeaky Clean should be kicked off campus tonight along with his staff, the AD and anyone else involved in this cover up. Penn State makes recruiting violations seem rather minor.

SMU's death penalty will look like small potatoes after this plays out and rightfully so.

Down East Labs 217
11-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Jo Pa did what was right. He turned in the slim to his superior. Do you truly think as a head coach working the hours they work that he had time to follow up on his boss to ensure his boss did what was right. Those that want Jo Pa to pay for the whole mess are wrong. Prosecute the pedophile and the ones that covered up the mess.

The media is having a feeding frenzy because they finally think they have something on Jo Pa. I have never read so many different stories and expert opinions. They are all bull $hit.

Richard

Down East Labs 217
11-09-2011, 09:26 PM
, Mr. Squeaky Clean .

This proves my point about how people hate Jo Pa for running a clean program

Richard

BonMallari
11-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Jo Pa did what was right. He turned in the slim to his superior. Do you truly think as a head coach working the hours they work that he had time to follow up on his boss to ensure his boss did what was right. Those that want Jo Pa to pay for the whole mess are wrong. Prosecute the pedophile and the ones that covered up the mess.

The media is having a feeding frenzy because they finally think they have something on Jo Pa. I have never read so many different stories and expert opinions. They are all bull $hit.

Richard

Thank you....finally someone sees thru the crap...Joe Pa was not the one who violated those kids

BonMallari
11-09-2011, 09:31 PM
if you want to hang Paterno then you have to hang every other coach in college football

Mack B

Les M.

Nick S.

Bob Stoops

name me one major program that hasnt had a felon on their team in the last five years,the players are under their watch, they are the CEO of their program

M&K's Retrievers
11-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Thank you....finally someone sees thru the crap...Joe Pa was not the one who violated those kids

No, he is the one who looked the other way. Did nothing to follow up on the situation. After he got through throwing up, he should have gone to the police. When his boss did nothing, he should have gone to the police. All he did was try to protect his legacy, his ass. I'm sure being 75 at the time probably clouded his decision but he FU none the less. What a pompous ass!

if you want to hang Paterno then you have to hang every other coach in college football

Mack B

Les M.

Nick S.

Bob Stoops

name me one major program that hasnt had a felon on their team in the last five years,the players are under their watch, they are the CEO of their program

And what are they supposed when they are made aware of a situation? Look the other way like Tressel and the mighty Joe Pa.

Bon, this can't be confused with recruiting violations or players breaking the law. To quote Joe Bidden, "This is a big F-bombing deal!". It should be treated as such.

clipper
11-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Right now we know very little about Joe P's role in this... I am not now or have I ever been a fan of his.. I thought he was an arrogant ass...
however, he did report it... what we dont know is exactly what he knew or if his superiors told him it was being investigated... we just dont know..
your gonna have to wait until the whole story plays out before you bring in your guilty verdict.. If he knew a lot and was in on the cover-up, I'll help hold the rope..
We have become pretty bad about letting the media decide guilt and innocence..

dback
11-09-2011, 10:20 PM

Mack B

Les M.

Nick S.

Bob Stoops

Bon.....I normally agree with you on most subjects. On this one I couldn't disagree more. If this had been one of your kids or grandkids, I'll bet you'd think joepa had a responsibility to follow through.....this isn't a RB who failed to pick up a blitz. Frankly I don't think you can name but a handful of "felons" on D-1 teams. The CBS study referred to players that had a 'run-in' with the law. Recruits are 17 when they enter college and even in worse case scenarios won't have a felony. Many (if not most) colleges have a rule against 'felon' student athletes. You're going to need to list a boat load of programs with felons to convince me otherwise. Additionally.......a kid getting in a fist fight in a bar and being convicted of 'felony assault' *MAY* be welcome at my table......an adult caught porking a kid in the shower, better stay the he!! outa my way. I think HEW put it best......If it had been one of joepa's grandkids, bet your arse, he'd of found time to follow through.

M&K's Retrievers
11-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Paterno and President dismissed immediately.

BonMallari
11-09-2011, 10:27 PM
No, he is the one who looked the other way. Did nothing to follow up on the situation. After he got through throwing up, he should have gone to the police. When his boss did nothing, he should have gone to the police. All he did was try to protect his legacy, his ass. I'm sure being 75 at the time probably clouded his decision but he FU none the less. What a pompous ass!

And what are they supposed when they are made aware of a situation? Look the other way like Tressel and the mighty Joe Pa.

Bon, this can't be confused with recruiting violations or players breaking the law. To quote Joe Bidden, "This is a big F-bombing deal!". It should be treated as such.

dont the Univ Pres and every other school official have culpability, how about Sandusky's family,wife,players..even if they suspected he was a pedophile, they are culpable..JoePa is not at the top of the food chain, he is just the only recognizable face/name

how about the players on each and every program including my Horns who beat up their girlfriends or assaulted them...

is what Sandusky did deplorable ...HE!! yes it is , if he did that to my son or nephews I would personally castrate him with my Gerber and then feed it to him, and then if he is still breathing, drag him once around the block behind the truck, and maybe just maybe I would put him out of his misery....

it is a big ******* deal...but lets fry the real perp here

BonMallari
11-09-2011, 10:33 PM
Bon.....I normally agree with you on most subjects. On this one I couldn't disagree more. If this had been one of your kids or grandkids, I'll bet you'd think joepa had a responsibility to follow through.....this isn't a RB who failed to pick up a blitz. Frankly I don't think you can name but a handful of "felons" on D-1 teams. The CBS study referred to players that had a 'run-in' with the law. Recruits are 17 when they enter college and even in worse case scenarios won't have a felony. Many (if not most) colleges have a rule against 'felon' student athletes. You're going to need to list a boat load of programs with felons to convince me otherwise. Additionally.......a kid getting in a fist fight in a bar and being convicted of 'felony assault' *MAY* be welcome at my table......an adult caught porking a kid in the shower, better stay the he!! outa my way. I think HEW put it best......If it had been one of joepa's grandkids, bet your arse, he'd of found time to follow through.

they were selling T shirts in Austin saying "Book em Horns" with the mug shots of all the arrested players a few years back,

guess the point is now moot since Paterno has been fired

M&K's Retrievers
11-09-2011, 10:43 PM
dont the Univ Pres and every other school official have culpability, how about Sandusky's family,wife,players..even if they suspected he was a pedophile, they are culpable..JoePa is not at the top of the food chain, he is just the only recognizable face/name

how about the players on each and every program including my Horns who beat up their girlfriends or assaulted them...

is what Sandusky did deplorable ...HE!! yes it is , if he did that to my son or nephews I would personally castrate him with my Gerber and then feed it to him, and then if he is still breathing, drag him once around the block behind the truck, and maybe just maybe I would put him out of his misery....

it is a big ******* deal...but lets fry the real perp here

Bon, if someone you know came to you and told you that he just witnessed a coworker in the shower with a 10 year old kid, what would you do? Just send the info up the chain of command? No follow up?" Hey, I wonder what ever happened to that guy that was **** that kid in the shower. I guess everything is OK. He's still working here."

Pontuis Pilate regards,

luvmylabs23139
11-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Ok, I know nothing about college football so I have no football influence in my comments.

Why is everyone questioning coach P's actions instead of questioning the actions of the actual witness to the alleged act?
I mean why did the witness not imediately call 911 at the moment he saw what he claims he saw. THe actual witness obviously failed to get the victim help and report a sex crime that he witnessed to police.
Coach P was told something by a witness. We have no idea how detailed that was. At this point it is considered here say as the coach is not a witness to anything. The coach relays this info up the chain. Again the coach was not a witness to the alleged act. For all he knows it could have been a bunch of bunk.
All I'm saying why don't I hear a lot of outcry about the lack of notifying police by the actual witness.

Charles C.
11-09-2011, 11:10 PM
Ok, I know nothing about college football so I have no football influence in my comments.

Why is everyone questioning coach P's actions instead of questioning the actions of the actual witness to the alleged act?
I mean why did the witness not imediately call 911 at the moment he saw what he claims he saw. THe actual witness obviously failed to get the victim help and report a sex crime that he witnessed to police.
Coach P was told something by a witness. We have no idea how detailed that was. At this point it is considered here say as the coach is not a witness to anything. The coach relays this info up the chain. Again the coach was not a witness to the alleged act. For all he knows it could have been a bunch of bunk.
All I'm saying why don't I hear a lot of outcry about the lack of notifying police by the actual witness.

He should be fired, as well.

dback
11-09-2011, 11:24 PM
guess the point is now moot since Paterno has been fired

Actually....you stated that every major program had 'felons'. I can find kids that have done some very disgusting things, coaches that have looked the other way and judges that have reduced charges but, I don't see 'felons'. Believe me, I played intercollegiate sports and have no love loss for guys that get in trouble or the coaches that look the other way. Personally I hope every POS that had knowledge of this and did nothing spends time in a cell with Bubba not our Bubba I am shocked that anyone on this forum, of all places, upon witnessing this act, wouldn't pull a shotgun on the POS and march him (and anyone aware of his actions) straight to PD Headquarters.

BonMallari
11-10-2011, 12:39 AM
Bon, if someone you know came to you and told you that he just witnessed a coworker in the shower with a 10 year old kid, what would you do? Just send the info up the chain of command? No follow up?" Hey, I wonder what ever happened to that guy that was **** that kid in the shower. I guess everything is OK. He's still working here."

Pontuis Pilate regards,

I WOULD CALL THE AUTHORITIES..if it was someone I knew I might be tempted to shoot that person....my current GF was a victim of improper conduct by a family member when she was 12 (nice way of saying it) if that person was still alive , they wouldnt be for long....does that explain how I feel about child molestation

M&K's Retrievers
11-10-2011, 01:21 AM
I WOULD CALL THE AUTHORITIES..if it was someone I knew I might be tempted to shoot that person....my current GF was a victim of improper conduct by a family member when she was 12 (nice way of saying it) if that person was still alive , they wouldnt be for long....does that explain how I feel about child molestation

Then I don't understand why you want to cut him any slack.

BonMallari
11-10-2011, 01:34 AM
Then I don't understand why you want to cut him any slack.

all I'm saying is lets get Sandusky FIRST, then take all the conspirators, one by one...but all I see on every chat board is everyone wanting to string up Paterno first...no doubt he is culpable, no doubt at all...

in this case in the court of public opinion, the cover up seems to be worse than the crime

Hew
11-10-2011, 07:46 AM
all I'm saying is lets get Sandusky FIRST, then take all the conspirators, one by one...but all I see on every chat board is everyone wanting to string up Paterno first...no doubt he is culpable, no doubt at all...
Huh? This whole story broke because Sandusky had been indicted by a grand jury on dozens of counts and arrested. Two PSU officials were arrested for lying to the grand jury. The PSU president just got sacked. How much longer did you propose waiting to "string Paterno up" (as if WE are somehow the irrational vigilantes for thinking that Paterno was wrong to let a child rapist continue raping children because he didn't do the right thing at the time).

Sue Kiefer
11-10-2011, 07:56 AM
Let's NOT forget this wasn't an a one time shower event. That bastard had been doing this to 8 kids so far that have come forward.
The kid that came forward had been molested for yrs.
Hell yes follow through.
It should have been top proirity.
Oh yes Joe's a busy guy coaching and such. Pick up the dam phone and call the campus police AND the local police. Gez that's like 2 phone calls out of his busy day.:rolleyes:
I don't get it.
Sue

mjh345
11-10-2011, 07:59 AM
Paterno first...no doubt he is culpable, no doubt at all...

I haven't had time to closely follow this story. In order for you to say that he is undoubtedly culpable, then I assume you have closely studied it.

Then what can possibly be your problem here Bon? We are talking about child abuse here Bon, not cheating on a test, or shoplifting or some minor offense.

dixidawg
11-10-2011, 08:02 AM
Isn't it a bit curious that this story broke a week after Paterno broke the "most wins" record?

Also, I don't know what the laws in Pa are, but in Mass, if a teacher/coach, etc suspects child abuse they are REQUIRED to report it to police. I watched the whole Cardinal Bernard Law cover up of the priest's abuse in Boston. It was disgusting. I have absolutely NO sympathy for anyone that doesn't do anything and everything in their power to bring these monsters to justice.

To say Paterno did enough by telling his boss, while knowing Sandusky was still free and not being prosecuted is simply unacceptable to me.

dback
11-10-2011, 08:47 AM
Isn't it a bit curious that this story broke a week after Paterno broke the "most wins" record?

Also, I don't know what the laws in Pa are, but in Mass, if a teacher/coach, etc suspects child abuse they are REQUIRED to report it to police. I watched the whole Cardinal Bernard Law cover up of the priest's abuse in Boston. It was disgusting. I have absolutely NO sympathy for anyone that doesn't do anything and everything in their power to bring these monsters to justice.

To say Paterno did enough by telling his boss, while knowing Sandusky was still free and not being prosecuted is simply unacceptable to me.

Watched a program last night with a 'Child Abuse' attorney as the guest. He stated that joepa (and any other 'in the know' adult) was REQUIRED by Penn law to report this to LEO....not superiors....LEO. He doubted joepa or the SA/asst. coach would be arrested but they technically could be.

Edit: And......that they had opened themselves to "monster" civil suits.

dback
11-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Bon......In light of the fact that I agree with you so often.....I'm finding your William Wallace impersonation on behalf of joepa extremely amusing. Do I sense a degree of 'wavering' this morning or should I ship you some canopic jars. :-) :-)

M&K's Retrievers
11-10-2011, 09:22 AM

Bon, I think that is what is happening.

Gerry Clinchy
11-10-2011, 09:28 AM
The story also indicates that Sandusky was a long-time coach for Joepa & personal friend ... at the very least, JoePa should have sat down with him & had S resign immediately. And then follow the law.

I also wonder why McQueary didn't take stronger action at the time (when simply reporting the incident to Joe didn't have any significant results). Did he value his job more than doing the right thing?

BonMallari
11-10-2011, 09:54 AM
I haven't had time to closely follow this story. In order for you to say that he is undoubtedly culpable, then I assume you have closely studied it.

Then what can possibly be your problem here Bon? We are talking about child abuse here Bon, not cheating on a test, or shoplifting or some minor offense.

Bon......In light of the fact that I agree with you so often.....I'm finding your William Wallace impersonation on behalf of joepa extremely amusing. Do I sense a degree of 'wavering' this morning or should I ship you some canopic jars. :-) :-)

MarcH very well aware what the charge is, read my post about how I feel about child molestation and how it affected someone very near and dear to me

Dback: not sure what you mean in ref to the W.Wallace reference, go ahead and spell it out..don't think I have wavered..had to look up what canopic meant

dback
11-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Dback: not sure what you mean in ref to the W.Wallace reference, go ahead and spell it out..don't think I have wavered..had to look up what canopic meant

Joking with you Bon. 'Young William Wallace'.....Braveheart....considering the flak you are taking for your (admirable, however ill reasoned ;-)) stance. Continued joepa support may necessitate the use of 'canopic jars'...... daumn, figured you'd get that one. :-)

ppro
11-10-2011, 10:16 AM
I think the police are handling the Sandusky side just fine. I think the outrage toward Joe Pa is justified. In his statement yesterday he said that he would retire after this season and he wished he had done more and that he would do all he could for the university. What a crock of $hit that his concern was to keep his beloved job and to be concerned for the blessed university. It is this attitude that is causing the trouble in his life. He does not get still today. It is about the kids Joe Pa. Not the university and surely not your job. His myopic view of his own career and his love for Penn State is still front and center. He is the face of Penn State and he has TREMENDOUS influence in and around said school. He could have squashed this 10 years ago if he had guts to do what was right. He is spineless and a gutless loser. As for as Mcreary he is worse because he actually was a witness. How about grow a pair and help the poor 10 year old kid out. This is sickening. How can they live with themselves knowing they did nothing. Passing the buck let this animal perpetuate his crimes on countless kids as we all know they has to be some that don't want anyone to know. I am sure Sandusky will be enjoying showers soon as even the worst of trash in prison thinks that people like him are the scum of the earth.

Cody Covey
11-10-2011, 11:55 AM
He heard a second hand report of the incident and reported it to the proper channels...what more do you want. Should he have went with a gang of townsmen with pitchforks in hand?

ppro
11-10-2011, 12:04 PM
No he heard a first hand report and he should have reported it to the police to let them investigate because the supposed victim was about 10 years old and was probably not capable of reporting it himself.

Cody Covey
11-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Maybe he should've reported it to the police but he reported it to his boss which is what he was obligated to do...What you think he should do is not the same as what he actually has to do. Since no charges are being filed meaning he did nothing wrong again I ask why is he being fired other than a witch hunt which is what this is turning into.

huntinman
11-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Maybe he should've reported it to the police but he reported it to his boss which is what he was obligated to do...What you think he should do is not the same as what he actually has to do. Since no charges are being filed meaning he did nothing wrong again I ask why is he being fired other than a witch hunt which is what this is turning into.

Imagine that was your kid bent over in the shower. They all knew for years and turned the other way to protect themselves. They all should go down in flames... Trying to justify it is like saying those kids didn't deserve to be protected. Period. End of Story.

Cody Covey
11-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Only if you believe that Joe Pa knew...all signs point to he didn't other than one incident that he didn't see to which he reported and nothing else came from it. If that were me I would think that since he wasn't fired it must not have happened. I don't think Joe Pa knew anything about it. He wasn't involved in any of the cover up either

ppro
11-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Wow what great institutional control Joe Pa had over his program. I don't think he was "obligated" to tell his bosses about such here say as you call it. I think he was obligated to report such a horrific supposed crime against nature to the police for them to check on. If it was nothing then nothing would have happened to the accused. But I think if the police were called there would have possibly been a better outcome for the kids. He fumbled this one and he did not take his responsibility as head of this program as serious as he should but more importantly his responsibility as a man with this information he acted despicably. If he was totally ignorant and Mcreary lied to the grand juryI guess we will find out later. I doubt it. Boy wont Penn State be sorry for firing such an upstanding individual as this who did all he was supposed to in this big misunderstanding. What a crock.

Raymond Little
11-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Only if you believe that Joe Pa knew...all signs point to he didn't other than one incident that he didn't see to which he reported and nothing else came from it. If that were me I would think that since he wasn't fired it must not have happened. I don't think Joe Pa knew anything about it. He wasn't involved in any of the cover up either

"Character".............................Doing the right thing when nobody's looking. Seems like the Penn State players were the only ones with character. I find it hard to believe the shower scene was an isolated incident that just happened once.

Tip of the Iceberg Regards,

Hew
11-10-2011, 04:02 PM
No he heard a first hand report and he should have reported it to the police to let them investigate because the supposed victim was about 10 years old and was probably not capable of reporting it himself.
This.

Apparently there's no disaffected and Balkanized special interest groups representing anally raped 10 year old boys on the campus of PSU...hence the ugly student riots when they heard Paterno got the boot. You can bet that if Sandusky raped a co-ed, that the NOW skanks would be outside Paterno's office with pitchforks. Ditto if Paterno was ever heard to call someone a queer, ni$$er, or dirty muslim. Them's hangin' offenses on today's college campus. But sweep a child rape under the rug.......? :rolleyes:

BonMallari
11-10-2011, 04:08 PM
This.

Apparently there's no disaffected and Balkanized special interest groups representing anally raped 10 year old boys on the campus of PSU...hence the ugly student riots when they heard Paterno got the boot. You can bet that if Sandusky raped a co-ed, that the NOW skanks would be outside Paterno's office with pitchforks. Ditto if Paterno was ever heard to call someone a queer, ni$$er, or dirty muslim. Them's hangin' offenses on today's college campus. But sweep a child rape under the rug.......? :rolleyes:

you're probably right....check that, you are spot on

Down East Labs 217
11-10-2011, 04:49 PM
The story also indicates that Sandusky was a long-time coach for Joepa & personal friend ... at the very least, JoePa should have sat down with him & had S resign immediately. And then follow the law.

The incident happened 5 years after he retired. He did not work for Jo Pa when this happened.

I love how the media frenzied citizens will hang someone before the court system even has a complete chance to investigate. Old western justice. Hang um first than find out if he is guilty.

If Jo Pa had not followed the prescribed food chain for reporting a violation and went straight to the police do you think he would be working in the morning. No, the college would have fired him for behavior detrimental to the school. I.E not following the chain of command.

Do I hate child molesters, kill them all, after they are found guilty by a court of law not a court of public opinion or the media.

You folks who are acting like Jo Pa was the perpetrator, should do some sole searching. Guilty until proven innocent is not the American way. But to all of you that are calling for his head, that is how you are acting. The only information you have is opinions wrote by the truth telling media.

Richard

Hew
11-10-2011, 05:05 PM
You folks who are acting like Jo Pa was the perpetrator, should do some sole searching. Guilty until proven innocent is not the American way. But to all of you that are calling for his head, that is how you are acting. The only information you have is opinions wrote by the truth telling media.
Yesterday you said Paterno couldn't be bothered to do what was right because he was just so darn busy as a head football coach. Accordingly I'll give your soul searching admonition all the consideration it deserves. None.

M&K's Retrievers
11-10-2011, 05:12 PM
The incident happened 5 years after he retired. He did not work for Jo Pa when this happened.

I love how the media frenzied citizens will hang someone before the court system even has a complete chance to investigate. Old western justice. Hang um first than find out if he is guilty.

If Jo Pa had not followed the prescribed food chain for reporting a violation and went straight to the police do you think he would be working in the morning. No, the college would have fired him for behavior detrimental to the school. I.E not following the chain of command.

Do I hate child molesters, kill them all, after they are found guilty by a court of law not a court of public opinion or the media.

Richard

It doesn't matter if the slime worked for Paterno of if he was just some guy off the street caught abusing a kid. If you know about it and do nothing you are an accomplice or at least an enabler. When the people he reported it to did nothing he should have pursued it with the police.I personally think he should have gone directly to the police as soon as he was made aware.

BonMallari
11-10-2011, 05:14 PM

Richard

Richard you brought out some very good points, and unfortunately Paterno has been tried ,convicted, and executed in the harshest court of all..the court of public opinion...Why..because in the court of public opinion, there is no appeal process

at this stage, do you think if charges were to be brought against JoePa could he get a fair trial..

you just gotta figure the university will face all kinds of civil litigation

dixidawg
11-10-2011, 05:14 PM

Richard

Have you read the grand jury report?

http://www.ology.com/sports/read-full-transcript-grand-jury-report-penn-state-sexual-abuse-scandal

huntinman
11-10-2011, 05:38 PM
"Character".............................Doing the right thing when nobody's looking. Seems like the Penn State players were the only ones with character. I find it hard to believe the shower scene was an isolated incident that just happened once.

Tip of the Iceberg Regards,

There you go... right on the money.

duk4me
11-10-2011, 06:53 PM
From bottom to top the ENABLERS starting in 98 should be prosecuted. Joe Paw? There have been tons of people that were thought to be above contempt. Joe Paw? In the same class as those Ohio State fakes.

College athletics purity of competition? Give me a break. Its more corrupt than a pimp in New York City. Only differnce? The pimp admits he's a pimp.

LSU and Alabama next?

M&K's Retrievers
11-10-2011, 07:28 PM
One can't help but wonder what DNF777 would have to say about all this. :rolleyes:

1bdlmn
11-10-2011, 07:29 PM
My question is why was Sandusky NOT charged in 1998 by the DA, when they had a phone conversation with him and a victim's mother, where he admitted he took showers with that boyas well as others, and was inappropriate with his behavior. What other proof do you need? Soon after that he was told by JoePa that he wouldn't be head coach. He then soon retired. I would be willing to bet that his investigation had some bearing on Joe's decision. Another tidbit of info. the DA who did not prosecute Sandusky went missing in 2005 and is presumed dead. Computer hard drive was missing. Related? Who knows. I do know it was more than the inactions of Penn State and JoePa that failed those boys. Now talk is they may of been pimped out by Sandusky. As Hank says "I'll like to spit some beech nut in that dude's eye, and shoot him down with my ol' .45."

huntinman
11-10-2011, 07:32 PM
My question is why was Sandusky NOT charged in 1998 by the DA, when they had a phone conversation with him and a victim's mother, where he admitted he took showers with that boyas well as others, and was inappropriate with his behavior. What other proof do you need? Soon after that he was told by JoePa that he wouldn't be head coach. He then soon retired. I would be willing to bet that his investigation had some bearing on Joe's decision. Another tidbit of info. the DA who did not prosecute Sandusky went missing in 2005 and is presumed dead. Computer hard drive was missing. Related? Who knows. I do know it was more than the inactions of Penn State and JoePa that failed those boys. Now talk is they may of been pimped out by Sandusky.

The DA was probably in on it... who know how many of those slimeballs were in on it. They let the guy stay on campus all these years knowing what a pervert he was? Come on. More to come...

dback
11-10-2011, 07:38 PM
If Jo Pa had not followed the prescribed food chain for reporting a violation and went straight to the police do you think he would be working in the morning. No, the college would have fired him for behavior detrimental to the school. I.E not following the chain of command.Richard

And of course we all know our own personal welfare is much more important than a couple of 10 year olds being dorked in the shower. Where do you draw the line East...couple of kids? 3-5? 9? 20? At what point do you choose to risk your job for the welfare of some at risk kids?

And.....after witnessing last nights riots, his job was never in jeopardy.

Down East Labs 217
11-10-2011, 08:16 PM
at this stage, do you think if charges were to be brought against JoePa could he get a fair trial..

you just gotta figure the university will face all kinds of civil litigation

Bon

Just got back from taking my wife out for dinner. There is no way Jo Pa could ever get a fair trial. It would be the biggest media circus ever witnessed.

Richard

Hew
11-10-2011, 08:47 PM
And.....after witnessing last nights riots, his job was never in jeopardy.
Yeah, that part of Richard's post made me chuckle, too. The King of Happy Valley? The board of directors asked him to retire at end of '04 season and Paterno said, "no, not so much" and the board gave a collective shoulder shrug and said, "well, we tried." So the notion that he'd be canned for turning in a child molester is pretty non-serious.

Gerry Clinchy
11-10-2011, 10:25 PM
From reading the Grand Jury investigation: Does it seem at all odd to the rest of you that Sandusky's victims mentioned in the investigation refer to events in a time period just before Paterno told Sandusky that he thought "it was time for a coaching change"? And that prompted Sandusky's retirement in 1999? Might also fault The Second Mile for allowing Sandusky to continue working with the kids there after they had been involved with the earlier criminal investigation. There is the implication that Sandusky was providing a lot of fundraising for the charity.

YardleyLabs
11-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Watched a program last night with a 'Child Abuse' attorney as the guest. He stated that joepa (and any other 'in the know' adult) was REQUIRED by Penn law to report this to LEO....not superiors....LEO. He doubted joepa or the SA/asst. coach would be arrested but they technically could be.

Edit: And......that they had opened themselves to "monster" civil suits.

I suspect the attorney was not from Pennsylvania. 40 of the 50 states have laws mandating that anyone who directly observes child abuse must report it to law enforcement. Pennsylvania is one of the other ten. Even in the other 40, however, the onus of responsibility rested with McQueary.

If McQueary actually saw Sandusky having sex with an apparently 10 year old child (gender is unimportant), why didn't he intervene or call the police immediately? When he did report it to Paterno, what did he actually say? Did Paterno tell him to be quiet? Did he tell him to call the police? Was the age (or assumed age) of the victim even clear? That is, was McQueary reporting his observation of a crime, as is suggested by reports of his testimony to the Grand Jury, or was he reporting suspicious behavior needing further investigation, as is suggested by Paterno's statements? Once again, in Pennsylvania the sex itself would not be illegal unless the child involved were under the age of 16.

We saw at Duke just how wrong "common knowledge" can be in evaluating the facts of an alleged crime. From a personal perspective, I have been on the wrong end of guilt by innuendo attacks. I have also gone through the process of trying to report a crime to the police based on second hand information. Neither is good.

Obviously, the real crime was with Sandusky, and he appears to have committed serial crimes and to have been very effective at covering his tracks. What is being sorted out now is the culpability of others in failing to act in a way that would have allowed Sandusky's crimes to be discovered and stopped sooner. For now, Sandusky appears to be out of commission and I am perfectly happy to let legal and administrative processes sort out others who might share responsibility based on the facts rather than the media or the mobs.

luvmylabs23139
11-11-2011, 08:53 AM
I can't believe that the actual eye witness who failed to either stop the act or call police immediately is :
1. Still employed by penn state
2. Being hailed by the media as a "whistle blower"

M&K's Retrievers
11-11-2011, 09:02 AM
You have to wonder who is on suicide watch. The eventual outcome of this mess will be terrible for all involved including the innocents who will be indirectly effected. Also, you have to wonder if Paterno or McQueary will do any hard time if a cover up is proven.

dback
11-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Jeff, you're correct that he was an out of state attorney, however, Pennsylvania does have a law addressing this exact situation (23 Pa.C.S 6311) it actually is longer then just this portion and was in affect at the time of the act. I'm no lawyer so it was all I could do to muddle through it but it does spell out responsibilities. I read that McQueary probably has no legal (criminal) exposure due to the fact that he was a SA at the time, not a person of responsibility and did report it to Joepa. Joepa's (criminal) exposure is undetermined at this point (even by him as he is said to be consulting with a criminal defense attorney) but his 'moral' responsibility is what is being brought into question and the board at least, has made it's determination in that regard.

I was also reminded recently that the Duke case was also based on a GJ report....good point.

Gerry Clinchy
11-11-2011, 01:05 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/11/sports/ncaafootball/tom-corbett-pennsylvania-governor-couldnt-discuss-inquiry.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=tha23

Maybe we should keep Corbett in mind in terms of Presidential material. He seems to have some strength of character that we could use more of in politics.

cotts135
11-12-2011, 12:50 PM

This story broke in March see this link
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/penn_state_child_sex-abuse_sca.html

As for Paterno he is absolutely responsible for letting this continue although he is not alone. I have to ask when he found out about this did he ever consider talking to the victim or at least having someone follow up on this. It doesn't appear so or did he just think that this was going to go away if he didn't say anything? I think he did. This is going to get real ugly as time goes by

Cody Covey
11-12-2011, 07:46 PM
This story broke in March see this link
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/penn_state_child_sex-abuse_sca.html

As for Paterno he is absolutely responsible for letting this continue although he is not alone. I have to ask when he found out about this did he ever consider talking to the victim or at least having someone follow up on this. It doesn't appear so or did he just think that this was going to go away if he didn't say anything? I think he did. This is going to get real ugly as time goes by

he did say something....

M&K's Retrievers
11-12-2011, 08:36 PM
?
he did say something....

What would that be? JoePa doing his Sgt Schultz impression?

I know nothing regards,

Pete
11-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Edit: And......that they had opened themselves to "monster" civil suits.I suspect the attorney was not from Pennsylvania. 40 of the 50 states have laws mandating that anyone who directly observes child abuse must report it to law enforcement. Pennsylvania is one of the other ten. Even in the other 40, however, the onus of responsibility rested with McQueary.

If McQueary actually saw Sandusky having sex with an apparently 10 year old child (gender is unimportant), why didn't he intervene or call the police immediately? When he did report it to Paterno, what did he actually say? Did Paterno tell him to be quiet? Did he tell him to call the police? Was the age (or assumed age) of the victim even clear? That is, was McQueary reporting his observation of a crime, as is suggested by reports of his testimony to the Grand Jury, or was he reporting suspicious behavior needing further investigation, as is suggested by Paterno's statements? Once again, in Pennsylvania the sex itself would not be illegal unless the child involved were under the age of 16.

We saw at Duke just how wrong "common knowledge" can be in evaluating the facts of an alleged crime. From a personal perspective, I have been on the wrong end of guilt by innuendo attacks. I have also gone through the process of trying to report a crime to the police based on second hand information. Neither is good.

Obviously, the real crime was with Sandusky, and he appears to have committed serial crimes and to have been very effective at covering his tracks. What is being sorted out now is the culpability of others in failing to act in a way that would have allowed Sandusky's crimes to be discovered and stopped sooner. For now, Sandusky appears to be out of commission and I am perfectly happy to let legal and administrative processes sort out others who might share responsibility based on the facts rather than the media or the mobs.

Finally some reasoning and common sense on this matter. According to what I read in the crt transcripts ,,paterno reported this immediately the next day to schultz and curley. paterno call for an immediate meeting on sunday at his home. It isn't paterno's job to be judge and jury and executer. He had second hand info and did all that he could.

There is a reason these children don't report these discusting crimes until they surpass the age of mental maturaty and many mever speak up at all. God forbid the young coach snuck back into the equipment room to grab a louville slugger to smash the skull of Sandusky. Mc query would be tried for murder . Don't forget your in Pennsylvania.

Paterno is probably the most disciplined guy in PA. My wife new him and delt with him. Just goes to show you how the media can control peoples thinking.

The media loves to tear down and destroy the good and wholesome and to uplift evil and make it look good.
Thats there job.

Pete

M&K's Retrievers
11-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Finally some reasoning and common sense on this matter. According to what I read in the crt transcripts ,,paterno reported this immediately the next day to schultz and curley. paterno call for an immediate meeting on sunday at his home. It isn't paterno's job to be judge and jury and executer. He had second hand info and did all that he could.

There is a reason these children don't report these discusting crimes until they surpass the age of mental maturaty and many mever speak up at all. God forbid the young coach snuck back into the equipment room to grab a louville slugger to smash the skull of Sandusky. Mc query would be tried for murder . Don't forget your in Pennsylvania.

Paterno is probably the most disciplined guy in PA. My wife new him and delt with him. Just goes to show you how the media can control peoples thinking.

The media loves to tear down and destroy the good and wholesome and to uplift evil and make it look good.
Thats there job.

Pete

I guess that's why Sandusky was still recruiting high school students for Penn State last spring. The media did not tear down Paterno. He did it himself. I'm sure he thought that by reporting the incident, he was clean. He's not. When nothing was done, he should have followed up. His I can do no wrong ego did him in.

charly_t
11-13-2011, 11:58 PM
.............. God forbid the young coach snuck back into the equipment room to grab a louville slugger to smash the skull of Sandusky. Mc query would be tried for murder ................

Pete

But that is such a great idea.

Something to remove the "huevos" would have been my first thought ( a dull knife perhaps ). Slowly remove the other appendage next you know and let the perp bleed almost to death before any medical aid was summoned. Give the slime time to repent .......

Gerry Clinchy
11-14-2011, 07:58 AM
I can't imagine how McQueary could walk away from that without finding out what as going on. Maybe he was too stunned to acting immediately?

Or maybe ... both Joe and McQueary could have agreed to follow up on reporting to law enforcement, beyond the campus police?

Both Joe and McQueary could have agreed to do this between them.

As mentioned, it might have been difficult to have the child testify at the age of 10.
It is probable that the Univ knew of the previous allegations ... that may even have been the reason for the "coaching change" in 1999? They could have then gone back to the charity org to see if McQueary could identify the boy, at least?

As Joe said, in retrospect, he felt he should have done more than the barest minimum required of him.

Is anyone else stunned that it has taken 11 years for this GJ investigation to be complete? Evidently, the investigation was opened at least ten years ago. Read the GJ investigation, but don't recall who finally reported the incident to law enforcement. I wonder how many incidents there were after 2000? Surely, there must have been some? but the GJ could only investigate the ones for which they had some testimony.

There were other alternatives to either silence or immediate execution.

M&K's Retrievers
11-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Judge who set bail for Sandusky served as a volunteer for his charity. Prosecutors asked for $500,000 and a ankle alarm but she reduced it to $100,000 unsecured. Seems like she should have recused herself from the case.

Change of venue regards,

Mike Tome
11-14-2011, 10:36 AM
I guess that's why Sandusky was still recruiting high school students for Penn State last spring. .......
Can you please document this? or did you just repeat a rumor that you heard on the net, because on the website I saw, this was recently placed:

"
Update: Travis Perry, Greer High School's athletic director, has informed Ben Jones of Black Shoe Diaries (https://twitter.com/ben_jones88/status/135110471186513921) that Jerry Sandusky wasnever at a practice or a game and never recruited Ah Ching, calling Ah Ching's statements to the contrary to WYFF, the NBC affiliate for Greenville, S.C., "false and untrue." As of 5:25 p.m. (EST) on Friday, WYFF's story has not been edited."

There is enough going on without reporting rumors as if they are truth. We are all interested in finding the truth, but do not need misinformed rumor-mongers to impede our search for it.

M&K's Retrievers
11-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Can you please document this? or did you just repeat a rumor that you heard on the net, because on the website I saw, this was recently placed:

"
Update: Travis Perry, Greer High School's athletic director, has informed Ben Jones of Black Shoe Diaries (https://twitter.com/ben_jones88/status/135110471186513921) that Jerry Sandusky wasnever at a practice or a game and never recruited Ah Ching, calling Ah Ching's statements to the contrary to WYFF, the NBC affiliate for Greenville, S.C., "false and untrue." As of 5:25 p.m. (EST) on Friday, WYFF's story has not been edited."

There is enough going on without reporting rumors as if they are truth. We are all interested in finding the truth, but do not need misinformed rumor-mongers to impede our search for it.

My info came from a news article on Drudge which of course could be wrong but I think I'll take a news report over a Twitter post.

Both are probably BS regards,

Down East Labs 217
11-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Imagine this. There are more facts coming to light as time and the investigation continues.

Grand Juries are one sided with no chance to answer more than exactly what you are asked.

Wild West Justice. Did we hang the wrong men? Time will tell.

Richard

State College, Pennsylvania (CNN) -- A Penn State assistant football coach, who has been criticized for not doing more in an alleged rape of a boy by former coach Jerry Sandusky, said in an e-mail that he helped stop the assault and talked with police about it, The Morning Call newspaper reported.

"I did stop it, not physically, but made sure it was stopped when I left that locker room," assistant coach Mike McQueary wrote in the November 8 e-mail to a former classmate. The e-mail was obtained by the Allentown, Pennsylvania, newspaper.
"No one can imagine my thoughts or wants to be in my shoes for those 30-45 seconds," McQueary said. "Trust me."

McQueary also wrote that he "did have discussions with police and with the official at the university in charge of police" after the alleged incident involving Sandusky.

BonMallari
11-16-2011, 04:24 PM
gee a "rush to judgement..." shades of the Duke lacrosse case...guess why we have due process in this country

Sue Kiefer
11-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Victum #9 comes forward.

road kill
11-18-2011, 09:59 AM
Imagine this. There are more facts coming to light as time and the investigation continues.

Grand Juries are one sided with no chance to answer more than exactly what you are asked.

Wild West Justice. Did we hang the wrong men? Time will tell.

Richard

State College, Pennsylvania (CNN) -- A Penn State assistant football coach, who has been criticized for not doing more in an alleged rape of a boy by former coach Jerry Sandusky, said in an e-mail that he helped stop the assault and talked with police about it, The Morning Call newspaper reported.

"I did stop it, not physically, but made sure it was stopped when I left that locker room," assistant coach Mike McQueary wrote in the November 8 e-mail to a former classmate. The e-mail was obtained by the Allentown, Pennsylvania, newspaper.
"No one can imagine my thoughts or wants to be in my shoes for those 30-45 seconds," McQueary said. "Trust me."

McQueary also wrote that he "did have discussions with police and with the official at the university in charge of police" after the alleged incident involving Sandusky.
I just want to add that the Police have NO record of this.

RK

charly_t
11-18-2011, 02:29 PM
I just want to add that the Police have NO record of this.

RK

Very interesting.........this could be taken more than one way though. It would not be the first time that "files" were "lost" by LE. Or report never written in the first place etc. Since the DA went missing along with the hard drive to his computer one wonders just how large a cover-up might have been. I'm sure that we will never hear it all. I believe that I read that records had been looked for to learn why the DA did not decide to charge the perp.
No records of that were found.

Sue Kiefer
12-07-2011, 05:31 PM
This was reported new today.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/07/9279239-alleged-victim-says-cries-for-help-from-sandusky-basement-went-unheeded

This is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue

luvmylabs23139
12-07-2011, 06:41 PM
He's been arrested on more charges. As of right now he hasn't been able to make the new bail. If he does make bail he will have to wear an ankle monitor. At least he is off the streets for now.