PDA

View Full Version : Who Do the dems fear most for POTUS

BonMallari
11-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Lets look at this from a different perspective, a couple of liberal leaners have stated opinions on who they would love to see BHO run against...so lets see who you think the WH fears the most as a candidate in the General Election..

I will start: most feared to least feared and why

1. Romney- he represents the safe play,looks and acts presidential, has the infrastructure to last thru a general election

2. Cain- very likeable,cant play the race card against him,no political track record to campaign against...

3. Gingrich-smart, experienced in politics and the game itself, along with the constitution

4. Perry- at one time he was a polar opposite of BHO, but has made so many gaffes that he may sink even further, does have large financial clout from the religious right

5. the rest of the field- in all honesty I dont think they take any of the others, Paul, Santorum, Huntsman or Bachmann seriously

Franco
11-10-2011, 03:14 PM
You left off one important player out;-)

In the latest Gallup Poll, this is how the top for are ranked;

Romney and Cain are tied.
Then Gingrich and Paul.

Perry is done, espcially if anyone was watching last night.

White House fears Romney the most.

But, the crooks on Wall St fear Ron Paul the most.

Interesting is that Romney is a senior partner with Bain Capital Investments. Bain purchased Clear Channel Communications out of default two years ago. Clear Channel owns Premier Radio Networks. Premier owns the Rush Limbaugh Show and syndicates Hannity's radio show among a bunch of others.

BonMallari
11-10-2011, 03:22 PM
You left off one important player out;-)

In the latest Gallup Poll, this is how the top for are ranked;

Romney and Cain are tied.
Then Gingrich and Paul.

Perry is done, espcially if anyone was watching last night.

White House fears Romney the most.

But, the crooks on Wall St fear Ron Paul the most.

Interesting is that Romney is a senior partner with Bain Capital Investments. Bain purchased Clear Channel Communications out of default two years ago. Clear Channel owns Premier Radio Networks. Premier owns the Rush Limbaugh Show and syndicates Hannity's radio show among a bunch of others.

ok I can agree on those statements I highlighted

Jim Danis
11-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Lets look at this from a different perspective, a couple of liberal leaners have stated opinions on who they would love to see BHO run against...so lets see who you think the WH fears the most as a candidate in the General Election..

1. Romney- he represents the safe play,looks and acts presidential, has the infrastructure to last thru a general election

2. Cain- very likeable,cant play the race card against him,no political track record to campaign against...

3. Gingrich-smart, experienced in politics and the game itself, along with the constitution

4. Perry- at one time he was a polar opposite of BHO, but has made so many gaffes that he may sink even further, does have large financial clout from the religious right

5. the rest of the field- in all honesty I dont think they take any of the others, Paul, Santorum, Huntsman or Bachmann seriously

I really can't fault your order. Although I believe that Gingrich is steadily moving up in the polls. If Cain weathers these accusations or even comes out on top of this then I think he will be hard to beat. I believe Perry is done. Especially after this last debate.

luvmylabs23139
11-10-2011, 03:32 PM
1. Cain. I watched an interesting interview a few days ago with MLK's niece. She says the left are out to destroy him because he represents a truly successful black man in the "real world" not the political world of DC. He can pull a chunk of the black vote from Obama.
2. Romney. He is a slick political Rino with business experience who can pull independents. A lot of Repebulicans will hold their noses and vote for him. The anybody but Obama vote.

Colonel Blimp
11-10-2011, 03:35 PM
None of them.

Gingrich and Romney are yesterdays men, they haven't gone anywhere and never will. Perry is accident prone and Cain a lightweight.

None of them have the essentials to run a successful campaign; a clear platform of easily understood ideas, a vision to inspire, a strong team of experienced campaigners, a big war chest, and a firm and respected position in the Party. Just look at the way George Bush went about his electoral business in comparison; he had all that lot in spades. None of the current crop come near him.

President Obama has a poor record but immense powers of persuasion. He doesn't in truth have much of a hand to play but given the paucity of the opposition he could well finesse a result. He can just address the constituency that elected him and push the messsage "We couldn't do all those things you wanted, because they conspired against us and with a small majority bogged us down. Make it bigger this time".

Bon I reckon the White House will look at that list you gave and remain unshaken. In soccer terms he's a goal down at half time, but the other lot are blowing already and he's fitter. My team won a lot of games in the old Birmingham Works League by running the other lot into the ground the second half.

Eug

BonMallari
11-10-2011, 03:54 PM
None of them.

Gingrich and Romney are yesterdays men, they haven't gone anywhere and never will. Perry is accident prone and Cain a lightweight.

None of them have the essentials to run a successful campaign; a clear platform of easily understood ideas, a vision to inspire, a strong team of experienced campaigners, a big war chest, and a firm and respected position in the Party. Just look at the way George Bush went about his electoral spadework in comparison; he had all that lot in spades. None of the current crop come near him.

President Obama has a poor record but immense powers of persuasion. He doesn't in truth have much of a hand to play but given the paucity of the opposition he could well finesse a result. He can just address the constituency that elected him and push the messsage "We couldn't do all those things you wanted, because they conspired against us and with a small majority bogged us down. Make it bigger this time".

Bon I reckon the White House will look at that list you gave and remain unshaken. In soccer terms he's a goal down at half time, but the other lot are blowing already and he's fitter. My team won a lot of games in the old Birmingham Works League by running the other lot into the ground the second half.

Eug

interesting take Eug....but I think BHO is down more than a goal at the half..if the country is that dissatisfied with the direction of the country and we (as a country) re elect the incumbent then we are in bigger trouble than I thought

I still think the election is the Republicans for the taking, just comes down to whether they make the smart pragmatic choice or go for the crushing knockout conservative choice and change the direction of the country abruptly

One gets you a nail biter to the bitter end....the other is either a blowout and runaway for either side leaving you with a feeling of WTH were we thinking..

Let me put in in dog terms...do you try and line the blind and win the trial or lose the trial...or do you play it safe and do a 3 or 4 whistle job and hope that the others blow out and pick up

Ducko
11-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Cain...they cant call the tea party racist, and God knows they LOVE doing that.

JDogger
11-10-2011, 11:13 PM

I fear them all Bon. Not the least BHO himself. I think voter turn-out in 2012 will be the lowest in recent times. Wanna take a guess why? JD

BonMallari
11-10-2011, 11:25 PM
I fear them all Bon. Not the least BHO himself. I think voter turn-out in 2012 will be the lowest in recent times. Wanna take a guess why? JD

I will guess...Voter apathy...people thinking that no matter who is at the top, that things wont change because of Congressional gridlock and ineffectiveness, so they throw their hands in the air and give up...I sure hope I am wrong

Bayou Magic
11-11-2011, 06:36 AM
None of them.

None of them have the essentials to run a successful campaign; a clear platform of easily understood ideas, a vision to inspire, a strong team of experienced campaigners, a big war chest, and a firm and respected position in the Party. Just look at the way George Bush went about his electoral business in comparison; he had all that lot in spades. None of the current crop come near him.

Eug

I fear your assessment is right on target. The current president's poor performance still draws a 48% approval rating. Combine that with the uninspiring potential GOP field and we have another 4 years of the status quo.

fp

YardleyLabs
11-11-2011, 06:51 AM
BHO himself is the Democrats' greatest fear in winning the election. It is embarrassing that our political system has proven so incapable of fielding a more legitimate contender. While Romney probably has the greatest opportunity of winning an election, it is because he has fewer outrageous negatives in his background than his Republican opponents, not because he offers anything whatsoever that is likely to pull our country out of the morass into which we have sunk politically and economically.

Hew
11-11-2011, 07:03 AM
BHO himself is the Democrats' greatest fear in winning the election. It is embarrassing that our political system has proven so incapable of fielding a more legitimate contender. While Romney probably has the greatest opportunity of winning an election, it is because he has fewer outrageous negatives in his background than his Republican opponents, not because he offers anything whatsoever that is likely to pull our country out of the morass into which we have sunk politically and economically.

I hear ya. The same political system brought us a president who was able to bamboozle an electorate to look past his outrageous negatives; zero business experience, near-zero political experience, surrounded by friends/loved ones who outwardly/seemingly loathe this country (Wright, Ayres, his wife, his dad, his grandfather).

dback
11-11-2011, 07:28 AM
It is embarrassing that our political system has proven so incapable of fielding a more legitimate contender.

I don't believe the 'political system' is the sole factor involved. Maybe, just maybe, we can get Yardley to concede that 'MSM' has been a major contributor to this trend. I don't see an alternative system I'd prefer but this one certainly appears to have some flaws. Haven't seen a system that insures overcoming the innate flaws of 'human nature' in both voter and contender.

Good to see ya Yardley......

BonMallari
11-11-2011, 07:33 AM
I hear ya. The same political system brought us a president who was able to bamboozle an electorate to look past his outrageous negatives; zero business experience, near-zero political experience, surrounded by friends/loved ones who outwardly/seemingly loathe this country (Wright, Ayres, his wife, his dad, his grandfather).

yup , still the biggest sham of our lifetime

JDogger
11-11-2011, 10:54 PM
yup , still the biggest sham of our lifetime

I think Bon, that the biggest sham of our lifetime is still yet to come.

Maybe Goose is right, we do live in Cuba now, and we should stock our pantry, get off the grid, grow our gardens, brew our own fuel, and stock plenty of ammo.

JD

charly_t
11-12-2011, 12:21 AM

Maybe Goose is right, we do live in Cuba now, and we should stock our pantry, get off the grid, grow our gardens, brew our own fuel, and stock plenty of ammo.

JD

WOW ! You late night posters are sounding good to me. Been thinking that I needed to buy a bunch of jars for canning and a good supply of the lids for them. My arms, neck and shoulders are hurting already !!!!!

My edit.......the word "good" after "sounding" needs to be replaced by "correct" I think.

Ken Bora
11-12-2011, 06:32 AM
...so lets see who you think the WH fears the most as a candidate.........

I think the WH looks down on all the republicans.
I think only one thing could strike fear in the heart of BHO

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/images/2008/07/16/hillaryclinton2fingersap.jpg

BonMallari
11-12-2011, 09:29 AM
I think the WH looks down on all the republicans.
I think only one thing could strike fear in the heart of BHO

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/images/2008/07/16/hillaryclinton2fingersap.jpg

at one time I thought Hillary too, but she looks old and tired, she had her window of opportunity and it has now closed, no longer a factor, the Billary factor may be out there but only in their hearts, its BHO's Democrat party, he owns it, he has pulled the party left of the Clintonista center

Uncle Bill
11-12-2011, 11:24 AM
This "debate" has yet to begin. That's why I have stated previously, Obama's only chance for approval is at the lecturn with his teleprompter, where he can continue to pursuade the 'fools' of this nation with his snake-oil presentations.

At this point in time, I think any of the Republican candidates would win against him...but as time goes on, and he continues his campaign lies and handouts, he will gain more 'fools'. Then if he's given a non-debater in the mold of Perry, he'll win hands down.

I'm not positive Romney could out-debate him, but I'd bet the farm that Newt can, and for that reason, I believe Newt is gaining viability. PLUS, most of us conservatives KNOW we are in a battle against the MSP, and we KNOW where Newt stands in that battle. He's been raked over the coals so often, none of their crap bothers him any more.

While Eug and others may think the TEA party movement can't provide the momentum to achieve the rest of their goal that began in 2010, I have more faith that we can....if for no other reason than to see what we can accomplish if given the reigns to correct the runaway canistoga from careening off the cliff.

And as others have stated, should the elites, RINOs, and GATGAs succeed in getting Romney through the primary, we will hold our noses and join the 'anyone but BHO' crowd. He will never be considered conservative; And the conservatives will again be sure the Republican candidate was "selected" for them.

But....we have a year to make that not happen, and as long as I'm on the proper side of the grass, I'll be in the fight to see that it doesn't.

Unlike FDR, we have more to fear than fear itself, and this is MY biggest fear in this campaign:

The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but the citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency.
It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency, than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president.
The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us.
Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.
The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those that made him their President.

UB

M. Robinson
11-12-2011, 04:36 PM
The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but the citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency.
It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency, than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president.
The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us.
Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.
The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those that made him their President.

UB
[/B]

Beautifully stated.

Ken Bora
11-13-2011, 06:21 PM
at one time I thought Hillary too, but she looks old and tired, she had her window of opportunity and it has now closed, no longer a factor, the Billary factor may be out there but only in their hearts, its BHO's Democrat party, he owns it, he has pulled the party left of the Clintonista center

do you see her warming up the crowd for him at a rally in "Smallsoutherntown" U.S.A.? Her window may be closing but the endorsment power of that pair (HillBill) cannot be overlooked.
BHO would be an idiot to not be afeared of her. The ones I chat with in person. Them Democrats that I know. None are owned by BHO and at least half have told me they have voter regret. And I know some Dems.
Active, go to the national convention types. I enjoy being the co-worker political thorn in their side. Someday I'll type out how my Boss is responsible for the rise of Bernie Sanders.... it's a funny tail:cool:

JDogger
11-16-2011, 10:41 PM

JD

...and rising in the polls too.

The Shampaign is just beginning....to flow.

....What tainted meat will the R's choke down just because it is "anybody but?"

Sad, JD

BonMallari
11-16-2011, 11:08 PM
...and rising in the polls too.

The Shampaign is just beginning....to flow.

....What tainted meat will the R's choke down just because it is "anybody but?"

Sad, JD

gotta agree with you on that point