PDA

View Full Version : Marquez wins again

DODGERFAN175
11-13-2011, 03:24 PM
In case there was any doubt, this fight should make it clear that Pac-man cannot and will not defeat Mayweather.

Mayweather won every single round in his fight with Marquez and now Pac-man has lost (in my opinion) for the third time against the Mexican boxer.

huntinman
11-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Styles make fights. Foreman nearly killed Frazier. Frazier and Ali fought 3 tough fights. Yet Ali had a plan and was able to handle Foreman with relative ease. There are many examples like this in boxing.

Who knows what will happen with Pac-man and Mayweather? But I'll bet Mayweather is thinking his chances are a little better now... true or not.

BonMallari
11-13-2011, 06:33 PM
time is not on Mayweather's side, he is not getting any younger and Bob Arum knows it, dont know who is ducking who anymore...

but huntingman is correct its about styles...why they let Pacquiao fight Marquez again almost cost them the title, and anyone who has watched a title fight knows,in a tight decision, the champ is always going to get the nod...

as long as Arum controls the title(s) he can make Mayweather wilt on the vine like ripe fruit..IMHO we will see the fight about 2 yrs later than we should have seen it

DODGERFAN175
11-13-2011, 11:33 PM
I agree about the styles making the fights but.

Pac-man had trouble with Marquez's had speed and counter punching, two things Floyd excels at.

Hew
11-14-2011, 05:45 AM
I'm embarrassed to say I missed this fight. The consensus on a fight msg. board I frequent is that Marquez won.

To this day, Packman/Marquez I is still one of the best/most inspringin fights I've ever seen. The heart of JMM to get up from 3 knockdowns and a destroyed nose in the first round to get a draw.....

Gerry Clinchy
11-14-2011, 07:01 AM
Frazier just recently died at the age of 67.

huntinman
11-14-2011, 08:23 AM
Frazier just recently died at the age of 67.

Too young... Liver cancer.