PDA

View Full Version : He Just Doesn't Get It!!!!

road kill
11-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Harper Tells Obama Canada Will Sell Oil to Asia Since His Administration Delayed Pipeline
(Obama Loses Another 20,000 US Jobs)
Posted by Jim Hoft on Monday, November 14, 2011, 11:54 AM
The Keystone Pipeline project was expected to create up to 1,000,000 high-paying US jobs in the oil manufacturing and associated industries. The project itself would create 20,000 construction jobs.

But it was just a big pipe dream.

Obama refused to sign the Keystone agreement last week. Today Canadian Prime Minister Harper told Obama that he would look to Asia to sell its oil.
The Republic reporteed, via Free Republic:

Canada’s prime minister says he made it clear in a meeting with U.S. President Barack Obama that Canada will step up its efforts to sell oil to Asia since the Obama administration delayed a decision on an oil pipeline.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper says Canada will continue to push the U.S. to approve the $7-billion Keystone XL project. Last week the U.S. State Department ordered that the pipeline be rerouted and subject to further environmental review, delaying a decision until 2013.

Harper says the U.S. move highlights why Canada must increase its efforts to diversify its exports to Asia. He says he communicated that clearly to Obama.

Nice work, Barack.

Maybe one of our progressives can quick "snopes" this for us.
Maybe I just made it up......"eh?"

RK

BonMallari
11-15-2011, 10:27 AM
BHO is going to let gas prices go up again next summer during the campaign and then lo and behold he will step aside and support the pipeline and claim that he created jobs, brought gas prices down, and saved the nation

Buzz
11-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Oil is bought and sold on the world market.

road kill
11-15-2011, 10:43 AM
I see.....our resident snopes.:rolleyes:

So the article and quotes from the Canadien Prime Minister are bogus?

RK

BonMallari
11-15-2011, 10:44 AM

you're right Buzz, but the thought of a pipeline through the heart of the country is enough to "fuel" speculation and influence prices..

He will use the project like a political campaign bargaining chip

After all what other reason would there be to stop such a project,the environmentalists can only stop the inevitable for so long

luvmylabs23139
11-15-2011, 10:46 AM
So our local electic compay is trying to get a 19% increase.
They have 2 reasons.
#1. Due to new EPA regulations (OBUMMA ANYONE) they have had to spend more money complying with EPA regs.
Let's just conceed that to the green nuts.

#2. Usage is down thus revenues are down. Conserve, conserve, conserve, for what?
Why spend money or do anything to reduce your usage when that only means a rate increase because gee usage is down? Why use less only to face a rate increase which means you saved ZERO?

Buzz
11-15-2011, 10:52 AM
TransCanada agreed to move the pipeline.

My next door neighbor operates the existing pipeline and is managing the construction of the new one. He isn't in the least bit worried that the pipeline will get built...

http://www.latimes.com/media/graphic/2011-11/66094174.jpg

Buzz
11-15-2011, 10:55 AM
I see.....our resident snopes.:rolleyes:

So the article and quotes from the Canadien Prime Minister are bogus?

RK

No I am saying that because oil is sold on the world market, any oil coming into the market, regardless of who the buyer is, will positively impact prices from the consumer point of view.

I don't see this as anything to get emotional about...

I get a kick out of these "Libertarian types" here in South Dakota. There is a big refinery planned for SE South Dakota. The farmers from that part of the state have been fighting it tooth & nail. My neighbor laughs and says that the NIMBY mentality crosses party lines... If you do a little digging, you'll find that there was Republican opposition in conservative NE to running that pipeline across Sandhills.

road kill
11-15-2011, 10:58 AM
No I am saying that because oil is sold on the world market, any oil coming into the market, regardless of who the buyer is, will positively impact prices from the consumer point of view.

I don't see this as anything to get emotional about...
Sorry, didn't see any emotion from anyone except the ideologue(emotion) who made the incredibly poor political (our neighbors being insulted) and business decision.

But hey, you just give him another pass.;-)

RK

Cody Covey
11-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Sorry, didn't see any emotion from anyone except the ideologue(emotion) who made the incredibly poor political (our neighbors being insulted) and business decision.

But hey, you just give him another pass.;-)

RK

"Selling Oil to Asia" is not really possible is what Buzz is saying. ALL oil is sold on the world market meaning all oil on the market is affecting ALL oil prices as well.

Franco
11-15-2011, 11:29 AM
True that it will add to the world supply and will be priced globally.

The Positive; It will employ thousands at decent paying jobs, mostly non-union.

The Negative; Who really wants to see that mountain or plain when one can look at beautiful pipe!

road kill
11-15-2011, 11:30 AM
"Selling Oil to Asia" is not really possible is what Buzz is saying. ALL oil is sold on the world market meaning all oil on the market is affecting ALL oil prices as well.
So....you approve of the ideologue's handling of this?
It is clear the Canadienne PM was not happy.

RK

M&K's Retrievers
11-15-2011, 11:30 AM
He doesn't get it? Oh, I think he does.

road kill
11-15-2011, 11:31 AM

The Negative; Who really wants to see that mountain or plain when one can look at beautiful pipe!
Who wants to see the gulf when we could see platforms.:rolleyes:

What's up with you Franco?

RK

HPL
11-15-2011, 11:41 AM

Won't the pipeline be mostly underground? South Texas is crisscrossed with oil and gas pipelines and the only way you know where they are is that they keep a wide right of way cleared in areas where the pipeline runs through brush or pastureland. Can't tell at all where they are in cropland except by the markers.

Franco
11-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Who wants to see the gulf when we could see platforms.:rolleyes:

What's up with you Franco?

RK

Just hunting and watching football!;-)

Rigs in the gulf are a wonderful thing. They work as artificial reefs making the fishing that much better. Yet, one can run a boat for miles in the gulf and not see a single rig.

Some of the pipeline will be above ground and will destroy that areas' natural beauty.

I'm all for building it but just pointing out that it is not all good. We have a lot of oil and natural gas that would be much easier to get to than piping it in all the way from Canada. Might be better to build some refineries near St Louis where it can be processed there and sent to the northern states.

BonMallari
11-15-2011, 12:14 PM
is it coincidental that the reroute is through Montana the home state of of one of BHO's ally Sen Kent Conrad (D)

Cody Covey
11-15-2011, 12:26 PM
So....you approve of the ideologue's handling of this?
It is clear the Canadienne PM was not happy.

RK

No but only because of the job's that would've been created now won't be. To say that this would've brought down oil prices for just America is an incorrect assumption and the "sold to Asian" piece of the article is just to drum up support because in the grand scheme it doesn't matter who it is sold to.

IowaBayDog
11-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Some of the pipeline will be above ground and will destroy that areas' natural beauty.

Have you ever been there? its pretty much dead flat prairie, this is east of the mountains, which makes it ideal for running a pipeline. Or did you mean it will break up the skyline of the thousands of Wind Generators that already exist there? I mean those are down right invisible.....:rolleyes:

BonMallari
11-15-2011, 01:05 PM
No but only because of the job's that would've been created now won't be. To say that this would've brought down oil prices for just America is an incorrect assumption and the "sold to Asian" piece of the article is just to drum up support because in the grand scheme it doesn't matter who it is sold to.

Exactly, the US hasnt had a bargaining chip in the world oil market in quite awhile..they refuse to play the ANWAR card

my other guess is that the powerful oil lobbyists for OPEC went a long way in bending and twisting arms to get this project stalled

Gerry Clinchy
11-16-2011, 09:44 AM

I believe the idea was that the Canadians would, instead, build a pipeline toward their west coast so that it would then be easy to ship to Asia. That would mean that refinery and pipleline jobs that might have occurred in the U.S. would be in Canada instead.

While the price of oil is determined in a world market, who buys from whom is individually contracted, I believe.

Obviously, speculation plays a large role in the price of oil. So, the approval of a new pipeline that will provide maximum market impact for the Canadian oil definitely will impact the world market ... just like the speculation that has driven prices up.

I wonder if the Canadian decision to change the route of the pipeline has any political overtones? Maybe the Canadians don't want to provide O with an election bargaining chip?

As I recall, in one of the debates, Newt made a statement that the danger to the aquifer that has been mentioned was "impossible". There was not an elaboration on why that was so. Another suggestion I heard was that such danger could be minimized by double-piping the pipe, with sensors in the outer pipe to detect any leak of oil into the outer pipe; thus, preventing an actual "spill".

Push comes to shove, somehow if we're going to be importing oil from somewhere, it seems like it would be better to be getting it from Canada than from the unstable mid-East? Increased economic prosperity in Canada may also have spill-over into our economy more effectively than the prosperity of the mid-eastern sheiks and bureaucrats? Seems pragmatic to me.

Uncle Bill
11-16-2011, 05:19 PM
is it coincidental that the reroute is through Montana the home state of of one of BHO's ally Sen Kent Conrad (D)

Minor correction, Bon. Conrad is a Nodaker. He's in the process of considering retirement, like his buddy, ol' helmut head Dorgan. Conrad was part of that Allen Simpson/ Irksome Boles committee, that worked on the budget cutting and getting the debt under control, that the messiah completely ignored.

The current super-committee that's supposed to be cutting $1.2 Trillion by Thanksgiving will be shunned by the regime as well...even if they came up with the edict. Obama doesn't want to cut anything...he only wants to use the lie that the Republicans are blocking his efforts to reduce spending and produce more jobs. The entire project is a farce, but the MSP is just now starting to 'get it'.

UB

BonMallari
11-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Minor correction, Bon. Conrad is a Nodaker. He's in the process of considering retirement, like his buddy, ol' helmut head Dorgan. Conrad was part of that Allen Simpson/ Irksome Boles committee, that worked on the budget cutting and getting the debt under control, that the messiah completely ignored.

The current super-committee that's supposed to be cutting $1.2 Trillion by Thanksgiving will be shunned by the regime as well...even if they came up with the edict. Obama doesn't want to cut anything...he only wants to use the lie that the Republicans are blocking his efforts to reduce spending and produce more jobs. The entire project is a farce, but the MSP is just now starting to 'get it'.

UB

thanks for the correction, I knew that former Sen. Max Baccus who sold out his pro life vote for Obamacare and consequently retired to ease his conscience was from Montana...still think Conrad has his pawprint all over this project